Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Updates And News - Gaming (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Updates And News (311941 Views)

PES 2017 Update 1.03 Adds New Stadiums, New Kits, & Updates To Players' Faces / Best Of Ps3 Games Available Here. (cfw Updates And Support From Me Included) / Sony Playstation 4 'neo' Release Date And News On September 7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Yes it's a known fact that MS is doing it with the "one, s and scorpio" consoles, but at least the S is given breathing room to last in circulation before scorpio.

The "S" may also not be of the same generation as the "scorpio".

PS on the other hand, have yanked the umbilical cord of the PS4 slim. The foetus is now left to compete with its fraternal twin(the PS4 pro) without support. The PS4 Pro(as described by sony) is for the now generation and plays games no different from the standard PS4.

Yes! It is variety. But with variety, come options!

Sony hasn't provided dat for the slim, besides the extra 100£.

The XOS is simply a slim XO with 4K video support, the PS4 Slim is basically a slimmer version of the PS4, while the Pro being the one with 4K support and higher GPU & better VR quality, it is not the same as the original PS4. In fact the bit where Sony truly failed in the Pro is not giving it 4K Blu-Ray support. The Slim and Pro are not twins, not even fraternal ones. The Pro is the big brother of both the Slim & PS4, while the Slim is a sleeker model of the PS4.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
Oh and browsing thru a list of 4k TV prices on konga gave me goose-pimples.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

The XOS is simply a slim XO with 4K video support, the PS4 Slim is basically a slimmer version of the PS4, while the Pro being the one with 4K support and higher GPU & better VR quality, it is not the same as the original PS4. In fact the bit where Sony truly failed in the Pro is not giving it 4K Blu-Ray support. The Slim and Pro are not twins, not even fraternal ones. The Pro is the big brother of both the Slim & PS4, while the Slim is a sleeker model of the PS4.

Oh! Thanks for adding the XOS bit about having 4k support. I knew my earlier post lacked something.
There you have it, more options for eventual Xbox patrons

Oya Sample this analogy

For Xbox console options:
1) One - cheaper price
2) S - Slimmer version of xbone, 4k Blu-ray support for movies, longer time period in market to settle before next generation console(the scorpio), patrons going for consoles would most likely settle with the S btw now and when the scorpio comes.
3) Scorpio - probable "True 4K gaming & most powerful console ever made" whatever that is.

For PS4:
1)PS4(our old coogar): Still in production after release of Slim and Pro

2)Slim: Exact replica of the old wife, just imagine her refurbished in a slimmer body.
Repackaged and sold to us the consumers for same price. To be released on same day as the pro, and so patrons have to decide btw the slim hooker(no different from the coogar on the insides, the pro virgin and our old coogar. No options no benefits just a reduction in height.

3)Pro: the new girl in town, with forward compatibility, 4k gaming capability but no 4k blue-ray drive to watch film. And by 4k gaming capability, I mean, delivers similar service like the other whores but can repackage the whole love-making in a Behind way, if you are willing to pay more(own a 4k tv). Competes with the slim and old PS4 from release day.

How well would the Slim sell if the Pro was delayed to next year like what MS did with Scorpio, as opposed to what would happen to its market now?

How well would the Xbox S console have been selling too if it was truncated with the scorpio the way the pro is with the slim now?

You said the pro is not the same with the original PS4 cos it has upgraded GPU and all. Well the Pro is the same to me cos it plays all the PS4 games, and like Sony said is for the now generation. Subsequent game release and some existing ones too with VR support may distinguish the two but that also remains to be seen.

By twins I was referring to the fact that both will be launched the same time, and yes dey are not clones of each other and so fraternal twins.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Now madame cao, our beloved first daughter wink

Pray tell how the PS4 slim and user are done any justice by Sony.
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33, our wayward son... wink
Those who want a slimmer PS4 and have no intention of getting 4K TV, can get a PS4 slim with lower power consumption, a slightly changed controller (light bar now visible through the touch pad), that would occupy a smaller surface area. Although, on closer inspection it lacks the optical audio output (which is a bit silly, so owners of Tritton's 5.1/7.1 headphones and those who output their audio using OAO would be screwed). It's good for folks, who don't own a PS4 and don't use OAO. Oh and one more thing, they should have opted to release it in 2TB. Although, it will be available in 500GB & 1TB.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/ps4-slim-review-2/

I would have personally liked it if they had tried to make one single release, basically a PS4 Pro Slim. The thing is all games will be released at the normal PS4 graphics as a default (same with XO, XOS and Scorpio) and they would also support 4K for the devs who decide to output 4K.

UPDATE: And one more thing*, Sony will be releasing a HDR update on the original PS4 (and I'm assuming Slim) next week, so you can still actually be able to do HDR gaming without a Pro. Which is a big win over XO, which doesn't do this for the original XO, only XOS.
http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/09/ps4-hdr-update-release-date/

*I feel like the Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures

1 Like

Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Oh! Thanks for adding the XOS bit about having 4k support. I knew my earlier post lacked something.
There you have it, more options for eventual Xbox patrons

Oya Sample this analogy

For Xbox console options:
1) One - cheaper price
2) S - Slimmer version of xbone, 4k Blu-ray support for movies, longer time period in market to settle before next generation console(the scorpio), patrons going for consoles would most likely settle with the S btw now and when the scorpio comes.
3) Scorpio - probable "True 4K gaming & most powerful console ever made" whatever that is.

For PS4:
1)PS4(our old coogar): Still in production after release of Slim and Pro

2)Slim: Exact replica of the old wife, just imagine her refurbished in a slimmer body.
Repackaged and sold to us the consumers for same price. To be released on same day as the pro, and so patrons have to decide btw the slim hooker(no different from the coogar on the insides, the pro virgin and our old coogar. No options no benefits just a reduction in height.

3)Pro: the new girl in town, with forward compatibility, 4k gaming capability but no 4k blue-ray drive to watch film. And by 4k gaming capability, I mean, delivers similar service like the other whores but can repackage the whole love-making in a Behind way, if you are willing to pay more(own a 4k tv). Competes with the slim and old PS4 from release day.

How well would the Slim sell if the Pro was delayed to next year like what MS did with Scorpio, as opposed to what would happen to its market now?

How well would the Xbox S console have been selling too if it was truncated with the scorpio the way the pro is with the slim now?

You said the pro is not the same with the original PS4 cos it has upgraded GPU and all. Well the Pro is the same to me cos it plays all the PS4 games, and like Sony said is for the now generation. Subsequent game release and some existing ones too with VR support may distinguish the two but that also remains to be seen.

By twins I was referring to the fact that both will be launched the same time, and yes dey are not clones of each other and so fraternal twins.

Scorpio is not next generation, it's an upgraded XO with higher GPU & 4K gaming. Same spiel as the PS4 Pro.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

Scorpio is not next generation, it's an upgraded XO with higher GPU & 4K gaming. Same spiel as the PS4 Pro.

grin Yeah! I meant to add probably to that!

But that still remains to be seen. angry

Nah so ppl hype the PS4 neo too.

But how can ppl not really exaggerate and expect more! undecided

"That remains to be seen"
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:
Silkmoth33, our wayward son... wink

*I feel like the Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures

Can't recall what uncle looks like now! Been ages since I watched an episode of the toon series.

I think the female character was jade or something like that! *jogs memory, nothing comes out*

All well, so much for Jackie chan's niece.

Now that we are done, I can resume frantically searching for a B-titles list worthy of playing
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Can't recall what uncle looks like now! Been ages since I watched an episode of the toon series.

I think the female character was jade or something like that! *jogs memory, nothing comes out*

All well, so much for Jackie chan's niece.

Now that we are done, I can resume frantically searching for a B-titles list worthy of playing
Yup, Jade's his niece. Netflix used to have a bunch of episodes lying around. So refreshed my memory with them.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

Yup, Jade's his niece. Netflix used to have a bunch of episodes lying around. So refreshed my memory with them.

Right!
Re: Updates And News by swagifted(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Oh and browsing thru a list of 4k TV prices on konga gave me goose-pimples.

lol... Even full HD sef na eye popping prices.. The cheapest 4k tv deal now in nigeria are from those guys that import UK used electronics...
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
swagifted:
lol... Even full HD sef na eye popping prices.. The cheapest 4k tv deal now in nigeria are from those guys that import UK used electronics...

And who go try risk purchasing a UK used?

Ild rather set my money on fire! wink
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
Homefront: The Revolution Playable For Free On Steam This Weekend
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Delayed To 2018
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Skyrim Remastered and Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Cancelled due to Sony Policy Decisions
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Official PlayStation 4 Pro Technical Specs
Product code – CUH-7000 series
Main processor – Single-chip custom processor
CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon based graphics engine
Memory – GDDR5 8GB
Storage size – 1TB
External dimensions – Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
Mass – Approx. 3.3 kg
BD/DVD drive – (read only) – BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
Input/ Output – Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3; AUX port × 1
Networking – Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) ×1; IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
Power – AC 100V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption – Max. 310W
Operating temperature – 5ºC – 35ºC
AV output – HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR); Digital Out (OPTICAL) port
There you go, it has double the amount of GPU, and supports premium HDMI, but sadly it still won’t play your Ultra HD 4K Blu-Rays.
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
August NPD: Xbox One Reigns Supreme With Two Consoles
Microsoft have come out on top for the second month in a row with Xbox One and that has put them in a very expressive mood.
The news came out late yesterday as reported by Engadget, and has since put Microsoft in a great mood. They even released a cheeky statement yesterday regarding 4K and regards to the rest of the year.
“Thanks to our fans and their excitement for new Xbox One games and the recently launched Xbox One S, which is the only console available this holiday with built-in UHD 4K Blu- ray, 4K video streaming and HDR for video and gaming, Xbox One was the best-selling console in the U.S. in August, according to NPD Group.”
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
hakinze00:
Skyrim Remastered and Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Cancelled
due to Sony Policy Decisions

What does that even mean?
This ppl no go kill person?
What's next watchdogs2 nko?
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Study Claims Xbox Live Is More Reliable Than The PSN

The report is quite long, but IHS Markit tested both services
under three categories. The categories were Reliability,
Speed and Overall quality.

In terms of reliability, they claim that Xbox Live is more
reliable in allowing people to log-in and gaining access to
the game servers. The speed test was similar to the
reliability test.

Microsoft then posted: “Rated highest for network speed and reliability by an independent study, Xbox Live provides
console gamers with the fastest, most dependable
multiplayer experience possible. Whether it’s quick
matchmaking or performance you can rely on, here’s why a
better gaming network makes all the difference ”

It’s worth mentioning the results vary as only 5 of the best
selling games were tested and the tests were only done in
the USA and UK.
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

What does that even mean?
This ppl no go kill person?
What's next watchdogs2 nko?
It is mods ooo not the real game itself,yup watch dogs 2 still dey gallant
kotaku.com/bethesda-says-sony-wont-allow-skyrim-or-fallout-4-mods-1786431292
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
hakinze00:
It is mods ooo not the real game itself,yup watch dogs 2 still dey gallant
kotaku.com/bethesda-says-sony-wont-allow-skyrim-or-fallout-4-mods-1786431292

Where is madame cao?
This thing is getting out of hand. How will dey deny bethesda the right to add them on their platform without considering the backlash. These are major triple As for crying out loud.

I Just read the referral link post now, and the comments are speaking volumes.
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Where is madame cao?
This thing is getting out of hand. How will dey deny bethesda the right to add them on their platform without considering the backlash. These are major triple As for crying out loud.

I Just read the referral link post now, and the comments are speaking volumes.
I no dey play Fallout 4. Go and write letter to Sony. I'm guessing Bethesda want Sony to feel the burn.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

I no dey play Fallout 4. Go and write letter to Sony. I'm guessing Bethesda want Sony to feel the burn.

Did you mean that the other way around?
Sony refused offering grants to bethesda

Who cares about fallout4 I'm talking about the skyrim that's affected. This is so upsetting

Dear Sony,
Una no try!...
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Did you mean that the other way around?
Sony refused offering grants to bethesda

Who cares about fallout4 I'm talking about the skyrim that's affected. This is so upsetting

Dear Sony,
Una no try!...
It's simply that mods will not be released in either game. I know that they've already released mods on the XO version. So it's a silly move by Sony and Bethesda wants everybody to know about it.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

It's simply that mods will not be released in either game. I know that they've already released mods on the XO version. So it's a silly move by Sony and Bethesda wants everybody to know about it.

Yeah
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 3:22am On Sep 10, 2016
Your loss youmour, put it in the right section.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 10, 2016
cao:
Your loss youmour, put it in the right section.

Have you come to talk me out of joinig TVC? grin
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 10, 2016
undecided wow! She actually deleted the yardsale bonanza comment.

cheesy
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2016
Microsoft Announces Three New Backwards Compatible Titles
Microsoft’s Larry Hyrb announced yesterday that the new titles will be arriving on the console. Fans can expect Arknoid Live, a fun little block breaking game that will likely become addicting to fans.De Blob 2, THQ’s fun little adventure game that had its moments. Of course the title itself is geared towards children, where de blob is a representation of individuality and determination. Then there is the real gem in this months list, Bayonetta from the creators of Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. This one isn’t really for kids. It is still a hell of a lot of fun though. Fans of the chaotic witch’s adventures will be happy to know that you can now play the game on your Xbox One.
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2016
youmour:

Have you come to talk me out of joinig TVC? grin
Talk you out, ke? You know I'm here to laugh at you when you start lamenting "had I known". I'm busy enjoying Overwatch.
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2016
Silkmoth33:
undecided wow! She actually deleted the yardsale bonanza comment.

cheesy
It was in the wrong place, if he had put it in the ads section or even on one of the PS4 threads, it would have been alright.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (393) (Reply)

Download Latest PES 2019 ISO File For PPSSPP On Android / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. / PS4 Games Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.