Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,077 members, 7,835,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Updates And News - Gaming (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Updates And News (311938 Views)

PES 2017 Update 1.03 Adds New Stadiums, New Kits, & Updates To Players' Faces / Best Of Ps3 Games Available Here. (cfw Updates And Support From Me Included) / Sony Playstation 4 'neo' Release Date And News On September 7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
PS4 Pro will Let You Watch Netflix and YouTube at 4K Resolution
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
As revealed at PlayStation Meeting, the PS4 Pro will be out on November 10th, 2016. It has a price of $399 so it’s costs as much as the original console did at launch.

Sony also revealed that the PS4 Slim is also out this year. That model will replace the existing console and will be out on September 15th, 2016. It has a price of $299.
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
You Don’t Need to have a 4K or HDR TV to Enjoy PS4 Pro says Mark Cerny
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Running At 4K On PS4 Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZt-0_-mk8
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
PS4 Pro will not Support Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Playback
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
Multiplayer Games will be Framerate Locked on PS4 Pro to Avoid Player Imbalances
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
hakinze00:
Multiplayer Games will be Framerate Locked on PS4 Pro to Avoid Player Imbalances

Why don't dey address it by what it really is, "a cataclysmic event!!!" cheesy a Multiplayer disaster where one user with a PS4 Pro is king.
Re: Updates And News by Emeka71(m): 12:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Stake 1:90 for jackpot Friday edition.
Re: Updates And News by Emeka71(m): 7:49am On Sep 08, 2016
FIFA-17 is going to be released on 27th September for North-America and 29th September for the rest of the world.
Re: Updates And News by Kaycee7(m): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Silkmoth33:
PS4 Pro! £349

undecided

Ah come on! Shoot me now! What were these ppl thinking, then. The Slim has pretty much lost its relevance. Do any of you notice how it was scribbled at the bottom like a totally different thing entirely? I wonder who in their right minds would purchase it for £259.

They've practically relegated the Slim to compliment the old PS4 model. Sales of the Pro will surely eclipse the slim even if dey stop distributing the older models.
Could you shed some more light on the above? Why will the cheaper console not rake in sales?
Re: Updates And News by AKBliv010(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
Silkmoth33:
PS4 Pro! £349

undecided

Ah come on! Shoot me now! What were these ppl thinking, then. The Slim has pretty much lost its relevance. Do any of you notice how it was scribbled at the bottom like a totally different thing entirely? I wonder who in their right minds would purchase it for £259.

They've practically relegated the Slim to compliment the old PS4 model. Sales of the Pro will surely eclipse the slim even if dey stop distributing the older models.

The only thing the PS4 slim offers compared to the older version is power consumption from 210W to 165W so for the power misers this is a good option apart from that, I'd still go for the original( not that I would lol) as that will drop further in price.

Once the original goes out of stock, buyers will be forced to buy the slim and it will appeal to parents buying consoles for their kids.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
Kaycee7:
Could you shed some more light on the above? Why will the cheaper console not rake in sales?
because no one is dumb enough to drop 299 for half plate of rice when you can add 50 extra and get the lion share.

Did u read the features in the Pro?

Who go waste money purchasing a slim? You?

The pro is bound to sell much more.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
AKBliv010:

The only thing the PS4 slim offers compared to the older version is power consumption from 210W to 165W so for the power misers this is a good option apart from that, I'd still go for the original( not that I would lol) as that will drop further in price.

Once the original goes out of stock, buyers will be forced to buy the slim and it will appeal to parents buying consoles for their kids.
that's the problem now, "the original isn't even going out of stock!" Sony intends to sell the Slim alongside the earlier PS4 versions. The dumb fvcks are still producing those old models which will compete with the slim yet again as their cost will now go down like u rightly stated!
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Emeka71:
Stake 1:90 for jackpot Friday edition.

Dude! Carry dis thing go EPL section undecided
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:01am On Sep 09, 2016
Mass Effect: Andromeda Male And Female Protagonists Are Siblings
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:05am On Sep 09, 2016
LEGO Harry Potter Getting Remastered On PS4
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:07am On Sep 09, 2016
Mass Effect: Andromeda Runs At 30fps On PS4 And PS4 Pro
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Rise Of The Tomb Raider Has Graphics And Frame-Rate Options On PS4 Pro

The three settings are the following:
4K Resolution Mode: 4K resolution running at 30 frames-per-second
Enriched Visuals Mode: 1080p resolution running at 30 frames-per-second
High Frame-rate Mode: 1080p resolution running at 60 frames-per-second

1 Like

Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:11am On Sep 09, 2016
Microsoft Says Xbox One Scorpio Is Still More Powerful Than PS4 Pro
Even though Sony announced its new PS4 Pro console, Microsoft is standing by its guns and reckons its own Xbox One Scorpio will be better in terms of power.
Polygon interviewed Microsoft’s Albert Penello to know his thoughts about the PS4 Pro and also what this means from the console industry as a whole.
Penello says that it is Microsoft’s intention to add a 4K Blu-ray drive to the Xbox One Scorpio. As we reported earlier , the new PS4 Pro cannot play 4K Blu-ray discs at the moment.
Here’s what Penello said about the power of the Scorpio compared to PS4 Pro: “ We know it’s important to deliver an experience that demonstrates the power gap between [the PS4 Pro and Scorpio] at a price that makes sense to console gamers .” He also added that the “ performance delta will be obvious “.
Not to mention outside of this interview, Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg tweeted this after seeing the PS4 Pro specs: “ Proud to bring True 4K gaming & most powerful console ever made coming with Project Scorpio “.
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Analyst Predicts Super Mario Run Will Surpass 1 Billion Downloads
Yesterday Shigeru Miyamoto shocked everyone by taking the stage at the Apple Event and announcing a new Mario game for iOS called Super Mario Run. While the game will undoubtedly be a massive hit when it launches later this year, one analyst has made some pretty bold predictions in regards to just how massive.
Video game analyst Dr. Serkan Toto took to Twitter recently to give his thoughts on where he thinks Super Mario Run will fall in terms of overall downloads, where he predicted that the game will surpass 1 billion downloads in its life cycle. He
goes on to say “To clarify what I mean by predicting 1 billion+ downloads for Super Mario Run: this is for the initial (*free*) DL of the app. 1bn easy.”
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:13am On Sep 09, 2016
NBA 2K17 Face Scan App Is Now Available To Download On iOS And Android
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:15am On Sep 09, 2016
Niantic has announced the new release date for the Pokemon Go Plus accessory. The device is coming later this month after getting delayed.
Niantic confirmed that the release date for the Pokemon Go plus accessory is September 16th, 2016. It’s out for most of the world on that date, while South Americans will have to wait a bit later for it.
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 2:17am On Sep 09, 2016
First Gameplay Trailer For WWE 2K17 Released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTz2MOY_xc
Re: Updates And News by Kaycee7(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:
because no one is dumb enough to drop 299 for half plate of rice when you can add 50 extra and get the lion share.

Did u read the features in the Pro?

Who go waste money purchasing a slim? You?

The pro is bound to sell much more.
The Pro is a 100 more than the Slim. $299 - $399. £249 - £349. A hundred extra is enough to question yourself if that 4K display is really worth it. A hundred could get you 2 upcoming games or 3 old games.
Re: Updates And News by 3KINGZ18: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2016
hakinze00:
PS4 Pro will not Support Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Playback
mehn dis ps4 neo will be the downfall of pc gamers cos am sure most pc gamers will be porting to console
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2016
Free Forza Horizon 3 Demo Release Date Revealed for Sept 11th
Re: Updates And News by hakinze00(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2016
2K Sports has now released the demo for NBA 2K17 called “The Prelude”. You can download it now for the PS4 and Xbox One consoles to get your career started. Here’s what the NBA 2K Twitter page announced: “#NBA2K17 THE PRELUDE is now available WORLDWIDE on PlayStation Network & Xbox LIVE! Jump start your career for FREE! ” I checked to see for myself if the demos are available and they are there. You have to type “NBA 2K17” in the search bar for both PSN and Xbox Live. The file size on Xbox One is just over 15GB. I checked the PlayStation Store and the PS4 version is 14.1GB. Don’t search just “prelude” or anything like that because these search engines aren’t that smart… Here’s what the demo includes: “Get a head start on your MyPLAYER career for free! Choose between 10 great colleges and play to improve your draft ranking. Your progress in the Prelude will transfer over to NBA 2K17 .”
Re: Updates And News by bimadek(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2016
NBA 2k17 Demo out now on ps4 and xbox one.it has a download size of over 15GB on Xbox One and 14GB on Ps4
Re: Updates And News by bimadek(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
3KINGZ18:
mehn dis ps4 neo will be the downfall of pc gamers cos am sure most pc gamers will be porting to console
I doubt it because ps4 pro only offer upscale to 4k not true 4k resolution I guess their reason will be so that it can easily be afford to gamers and pc owners now have access to ps now nd also usage of ps4 controller so for now I tink dey are the one ahead for now and not forgetting true 4k games are on pc also.
Re: Updates And News by cao(f): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:
that's the problem now, "the original isn't even going out of stock!" Sony intends to sell the Slim alongside the earlier PS4 versions. The dumb fvcks are still producing those old models which will compete with the slim yet again as their cost will now go down like u rightly stated!
You do know this is common practice, right? Even MS are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it's variety. They're people out there who will never buy the Pro, what's the point in 4K if you don't have the TV? There are people who will buy every single release (saw one YouTuber, who had every single limited edition PS4 console, that one get money). They are those who've been saving and waiting for this moment. Normally, I usually wait until the slim release, but PS4 was calling my name too loudly and UC4 was fast approaching. I ended up getting the Star Wars 1TB PS4 with then new chassis. Black Friday is coming, I expect some stupendous sales on all consoles, in fact the real winners will be the late comers in the console market.
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
Kaycee7:
The Pro is a 100 more than the Slim. $299 - $399. £249 - £349. A hundred extra is enough to question yourself if that 4K display is really worth it. A hundred could get you 2 upcoming games or 3 old games.

Nope! I sure as hell won't! Who in his right minds would chance quality to buy games?

And let the inevitable feel of had I known haunt you! cheesy
Re: Updates And News by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

You do know this is common practice, right? Even MS are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it's variety. They're people out there who will never buy the Pro, what's the point in 4K if you don't have the TV? There are people who will buy every single release (saw one YouTuber, who had every single limited edition PS4 console, that one get money). They are those who've been saving and waiting for this moment. Normally, I usually wait until the slim release, but PS4 was calling my name too loudly and UC4 was fast approaching. I ended up getting the Star Wars 1TB PS4 with then new chassis. Black Friday is coming, I expect some stupendous sales on all consoles, in fact the real winners will be the late comers in the console market.

Yes it's a known fact that MS is doing it with the "one, s and scorpio" consoles, but at least the S is given breathing room to last in circulation before scorpio.

The "S" may also not be of the same generation as the "scorpio".

PS on the other hand, have yanked the umbilical cord of the PS4 slim. The foetus is now left to compete with its fraternal twin(the PS4 pro) without support. The PS4 Pro(as described by sony) is for the now generation and plays games no different from the standard PS4.

Yes! It is variety. But with variety, come options!

Sony hasn't provided dat for the slim, besides the extra 100£.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (393) (Reply)

Download Latest PES 2019 ISO File For PPSSPP On Android / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. / PS4 Games Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.