Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It (9146 Views)

No Alcohol In Islam And The Flawed Knowledge About Its Benefit For The Heart / Islam And Spirituality / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexiconkabir:
shut up! angry undecided

You seem to have nothing to say... tongue

Its a pity you do not know the origin of the god u worship. Let me remind u again . Befor Mohamed, al.lah was a well known Arabian moon deity who had three (3) daughters Lat, Uzza and Manat (Sura 53:19-20). Allah is even found in pre-Islamic Arabian inscriptions and poetry as the {moon god}. Therefore Allah has no connection to the God of Abraham Issac and Israel.

Arabic is a related language to Hebrew and Aramaic and nowhere in the language is a.llah or anything close to it used for the name of God, {Yahweh}. Clearly, a.llah is equivalent to the Babylonian god Baal. Even the symbol for Islam the crescent moon and star still declares this origin. Why distrol historical statut own by the state why u protect ur idol right in Mecca? A place where Satan lives. tongue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Kudducini(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
Abeg Wetin Dey Inside The Kaaba Na The 360 Idols??
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexiconkabir:

you don't understand Arabic and you know next to nothing, ilahun means "a god", which is in an indefinite case, while Allah means God, which is in a definite case due to the addition of "AL", now let's see the verse in question.

And the polytheists assign to Allah from that which He created of crops and livestock a share and say, "This is for Allah ," by their claim, " and this is for our partners [associated with Him]." But what is for their "partners" does not reach Allah , while what is for Allah - this reaches their "partners." Evil is that which they rule.

with what we've seen, the pagans which forgot the monotheism originally taught by Ishmael and Abraham took Allah to be head of the other 360 gods which they associated with him(that wasn't what Abraham and Ishmael taught them), now how does this mean that the arab pagans called any of their god Allah? anyway this is a very useless and boring point you are bringing up. truthman2012 a.k.a lieman you are yet to answer this.

[size=21pt]Are parents allowed to stick their thumb into the v'agina of their daughters to prove her virginity?[/size]

plappville how far?^^^ grin grin.

Firstly, none of you has been able to say anything on why idol worship is compatible with islam.

Secondly, you cannot prove islamic allahh is the same with Arab Christians' allah because the quran confirms that islamic allahh is not Yahweh the Jews and Christians believe in:

Quran109:
1. Say: O disbelievers! (i.e Jews and Christians)
2. I worship not that which ye worship;
3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

The DISBELIEVERS referred to in verse 1 above are the Jews and Christians who believed not in allahh and islam:

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger.......(Quran 9:29).

The people who had been given the Scriptures are the Jews and Christians and not pagans, who disbelieved in allahh.

So, as you can see the Jews and Christians didn't believe in islamic allahh right from the time of Muhammad because they didn't believe his source of revelations that was inconsistent with what Yahweh had told them thousands of years before Muhammad's birth.

Yahweh said ''He changeth not'' and for Muhammad to bring revelations contrary to His words shows islamic allahh is the Devil who came to deceive humanity.

The fact that muslims worship their allahh in the same way idol worshipers do is a clear indication that allahh is an arabian idol who wanted to be promoted the status of the true God. It is satan's manipulation to drag mankind to hell with him and making them believe they are worshiping God.

For virginity test, it is a matter of common sense, mothers must have deviced a way of doing that. They were unlike Muhammad who was fingerin.g Aisha at the age of six. Disgusting!!

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
plappville:

You seem to have nothing to say... tongue

Its a pity you do not know the origin of the god u worship. Let me remind u again . Befor Mohamed, al.lah was a well known Arabian moon deity who had three (3) daughters Lat, Uzza and Manat (Sura 53:19-20). Allah is even found in pre-Islamic Arabian inscriptions and poetry as the {moon god}. Therefore Allah has no connection to the God of Abraham Issac and Israel.

Arabic is a related language to Hebrew and Aramaic and nowhere in the language is a.llah or anything close to it used for the name of God, {Yahweh}. Clearly, a.llah is equivalent to the Babylonian god Baal. Even the symbol for Islam the crescent moon and star still declares this origin. Why distrol historical statut own by the state why u protect ur idol right in Mecca? A place where Satan lives. tongue

Super correct.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Kudducini(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Well I Think I'll Get My Verified Answers When I Die
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Kudducini:

You are waiting to discover the truth when it is too late.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Kudducini(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
truthman2012:

You are waiting to discover the truth when it is too late.

Pal This Is Crazy!!!

Am Getting Mad
Beleiving Islam Doesn't Really Exists
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by malvisguy212: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
truthman2012:

Firstly, none of you has been able to say anything on why idol worship is compatible with islam.

Secondly, you cannot prove islamic Allah is the same with Arab Christians' allah because the quran confirms that islamic allahh is not Yahweh the Jews and Christians believe in:

Quran109:

The DISBELIEVERS referred to in verse 1 above are the Jews and Christians who believed not in allahh and islam:

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger.......(Quran 9:29).

The people who had been given the Scriptures are the Jews and Christians and not pagans, who disbelieved in allahh.

So, as you can see the Jews and Christians didn't believe in islamic allahh right from the time of Muhammad because they didn't believe his source of revelations that was inconsistent with what Yahweh had told them thousands of years before Muhammad's birth.

Yahweh said ''He changeth not'' and for Muhammad to bring revelations contrary to His words shows islamic allahh is the Devil who came to deceive humanity.

The fact that muslims worship their allahh in the same way idol worshipers do is a clear indication that allahh is an arabian idol who wanted to be promoted the status of the true God. It is satan's manipulation to drag mankind to hell with him and making them believe they are worshiping God.

For virginity test, it is a matter of common sense, mothers must have deviced a way of doing that. They were unlike Muhammad who was fingerin.g Aisha at the age of six. Disgusting!!
nice one
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
nice one
Thank you my brother.
How was your day?
It is well with you in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Demmzy15(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
plappville:

[s]You seem to have nothing to say... tongue

Arabic is a related language to Hebrew and Aramaic and nowhere in the language is a.llah or anything close to it used for the name of God, {Yahweh}. Clearly, a.llah is equivalent to the Babylonian god Baal. Even the symbol for Islam the crescent moon and star still declares this origin. Why distrol historical statut own by the state why u protect ur idol right in Mecca? A place where Satan lives. tongue[/s]
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
truthman2012:

Secondly, you cannot prove islamic allahh is the same with Arab Christians' allah because the quran confirms that islamic allahh is not Yahweh the Jews and Christians believe in:
[size=16pt]
Quran109:
[/size]

Waoh at the bold... shocked carefully looking at n°5 and n°6, you will know that Islam is just a wast of time. People waste thier lives to this god who contradict {itself}. Is this not same prophet who said muslims should kill the Jews and Christians? Conversion is obligation in islam how then does the n°5 & n°6 make any sense?

Oh my broda, you have gone real deep in exposing Islam. Great job. May God bless you.
And to the public, DECIDE now that you still alive. The only reason you embraced islam was because your parents were. You had no knowledge of this religion. Now secrets are revealed.

[size=16pt] AND YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH...AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE FROM AL.LLAH.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=Demmzy15 post=38734316][/quote]

THE OP IS HELPING YOU. WHY NOT SAVEYOUR SOUL.
FROM HISTORICAL BANDAGE undecided
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
Kudducini:

You will be welcomed by mohammed in the dark edge... tongue now is the right time bro. Give your life to the one true God of the Bible.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Demmzy15(m): 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
plappville:

THE OP IS HELPING YOU. WHY NOT SAVEYOUR SOUL.
FROM HISTORICAL BANDAGE undecided
What's this one saying?! I seriously don't know what you gain in lying, just spewing venom anyhow. sad Chai! undecided
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Demmzy15:

What's this one saying?! I seriously don't know what you gain in lying, just spewing venom anyhow. sad Chai! undecided

I dont lie against Islam. I have seen so much documents on how true Muslims behave. They must kill for allah. U are not obeying allah. You ought to kill some1 to complete ur quest.. grin And again, if What the OP has posted are lies. Then you have issues to accept the truth because they came from your holy books. {Hadiths and koran}

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by plappville(f): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
Demmzy15:

Jeremiah, 10:14 - Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.
you see that? No breath in allah. Its an idol. Thats why i use It for allah.. tongue

15 - They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

allah is the work of errors, thats why tragic error that killed more than 700 persons took place right in his alter.

16- The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel{not saudi} is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name. {Not allah} you see how Muhammad has made many of you turn from the God of the Bible? The one true God.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Kudducini(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
plappville:

You will be welcomed by mohammed in the dark edge... tongue now is the right time bro. Give your life to the one true God of the Bible.

Buh It Not Xo Easy To Give Up Oh

Something I've Been Made To Know All Of My Life

#GoDSeeMeThrough
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by olasesi(m): 4:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/;[1] Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPAsmiley is the Arabic word for God (al ilāh, literally "the God"wink.[2][3][4]

The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Elah in Aramaic, ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew.[5][6]

It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam,[7] but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times.[8]

It is written as ܐܠܗܐ (ʼĔlāhā) in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ (ʼAlâhâ) in Syriac as used by the Assyrian Church, both meaning simply "God".[17]

Pre-Islamic Christians, Jews and the monotheistic Arabs called Hanifs used the name Allah and the terms 'Bismillah', 'in the name of Allah' to refer to their supreme deity in Arabic stone inscriptions centuries before Islam.[29]

According to Böwering, in contrast with pre-Islamic Arabian polytheism, God in Islam does not have associates and companions, nor is there any kinship between God and jinn.[30]

According to Francis Edwards Peters, "The Qur’ān insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews (29:46). The Qur’an's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham". Peters states that the Qur'an portrays Allah as both more powerful and more remote than Yahweh, and as a universal deity, unlike Yahweh who closely follows Israelites.[22]

The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[5]

The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".[21]

(Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for "God".) Arab Christians, for example, use the terms Allāh al-ab (الله الأب) for God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) for God the Son, and Allāh al-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) for God the Holy Spirit. (See God in Christianity for the Christian concept of God.)

According to Marshall Hodgson, it seems that in the pre-Islamic times, some Arab Christians made pilgrimage to the Kaaba, a pagan temple at that time, honoring Allah there as God the Creator.[39]

Some archaeological excavation quests have led to the discovery of ancient pre-Islamic inscriptions and tombs made by Arabic-speaking Christians in the ruins of a church at Umm el-Jimal in Northern Jordan, which contained references to Allah as the proper name of God, and some of the graves contained names such as "Abd Allah" which means "the servant/slave of Allah".[40][41][42]
The name Allah can be found countless times in the reports and the lists of names of Christian martyrs in South Arabia, as reported by antique Syriac documents of the names of those martyrs from the era of the Himyarite and Aksumite kingdoms.[8][43]

In pre-Islamic Gospels, the name used for God was "Allah", as evidenced by some discovered Arabic versions of the New Testament written by Arab Christians during the pre-Islamic era in Northern and Southern Arabia.[47][48][49]

Pre-Islamic Arab Christians have been reported to have raised the battle cry "Ya La Ibad Allah" (O slaves of Allah) to invoke each other into battle.[50]

"Allah" was also mentioned in pre-Islamic Christian poems by some Ghassanid and Tanukhid poets in Syria and Northern Arabia.[51][52][53]

References:
1 "Allah". Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary.

2 "God". Islam: Empire of Faith. PBS. Archived from the original on 2014-03-27. Retrieved 18 December 2010.

3 "Islam and Christianity", Encyclopedia of Christianity (2001): Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews also refer to God as Allāh.

4 L. Gardet. "Allah". Encyclopaedia of Islam Online.

5 Columbia Encyclopedia, Allah

6 Brown, Francis; Driver, S.R.; Briggs, Charles. A. Hebrew and English Lexicon. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendricksen. p. 41, entry 410 1.b. ISBN 9781565632066.

7 Merriam-Webster. "Allah". Merriam-Webster. Archived from the original on 2014-04-20. Retrieved 25 February 2012.

8 Rick Brown, Who was 'Allah' before Islam? Evidence that the term 'Allah' originated with Jewish and Christian Arabs (2007), page 8.

17 The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon – Entry for ʼlh Archived October 18, 2013 at the Wayback Machine

21 Lewis, Bernard; Holt, P. M.; Holt, Peter R.; Lambton, Ann Katherine Swynford (1977). The Cambridge history of Islam. Cambridge, Eng: University Press. p. 32. ISBN 978-0-521-29135-4.

22 F.E. Peters, Islam, p.4, Princeton University Press, 2003

29 Hitti, Philip Khouri (2002-09-06). History of the Arabs. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 800. ISBN 9780333631423.

30 Böwering, Gerhard, God and His Attributes, Encyclopaedia of the Qurʼān, Brill, 2007.

39 Marshall G. S. Hodgson, The Venture of Islam: Conscience and History in a World Civilization, University of Chicago Press, p. 156

40 James Bellamy, "Two Pre-Islamic Arabic Inscriptions Revised: Jabal Ramm and Umm al-Jimal", Journal of the American Oriental Society, 108/3 (1988)

41 Enno Littmann, Arabic Inscriptions (Leiden, 1949)

42 Rick Brown, Who is "Allah" ? - International Journal of Frontier Missions, (23:2 Summer 2006), page 80.

43 Ignatius Ya`qub III, The Arab Himyarite Martyrs in the Syriac Documents (1966), Pages: 9-65-66-89

45 Adolf Grohmann, Arabische Paläographie II: Das Schriftwesen und die Lapidarschrift (1971), Wien: Hermann Böhlaus Nochfolger, Page: 6-8

46 Beatrice Gruendler, The Development of the Arabic Scripts: From the Nabatean Era to the First Islamic Century according to Dated Texts (1993), Atlanta: Scholars Press, Page:

47 Rick Brown, Who was 'Allah' before Islam? Evidence that the term 'Allah' originated with Jewish and Christian Arabs (2007), page 10.

48 Frederick Winnett V, Allah before Islam-The Moslem World (1938), Pages: 239–248

49 Michael Macdonald, Personal Names in the Nabataean Realm-Journal Of Semitic Studies (1999), Page: 271

50 Irfan Shahîd, Byzantium and the Arabs in the Fourth Century, Dumbarton Oaks Trustees for Harvard University-Washington DC, page 418.

51 Irfan Shahîd, Byzantium and the Arabs in the Fourth Century, Dumbarton Oaks Trustees for Harvard University-Washington DC, Page: 452

52 A. Amin and A. Harun, Sharh Diwan Al-Hamasa (Cairo, 1951), Vol. 1, Pages: 478-480

53 Al-Marzubani, Mu'jam Ash-Shu'araa, Page: 302
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Demmzy15(m): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2015
olasesi:
Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/;[1] Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPAsmiley is the Arabic word for God (al ilāh, literally "the God"wink.[2][3][4]

The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Elah in Aramaic, ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew.[5][6]

It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam,[7] but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times.[8]

It is written as ܐܠܗܐ (ʼĔlāhā) in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ (ʼAlâhâ) in Syriac as used by the Assyrian Church, both meaning simply "God".[17]

Pre-Islamic Christians, Jews and the monotheistic Arabs called Hanifs used the name Allah and the terms 'Bismillah', 'in the name of Allah' to refer to their supreme deity in Arabic stone inscriptions centuries before Islam.[29]

According to Böwering, in contrast with pre-Islamic Arabian polytheism, God in Islam does not have associates and companions, nor is there any kinship between God and jinn.[30]

According to Francis Edwards Peters, "The Qur’ān insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews (29:46). The Qur’an's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham". Peters states that the Qur'an portrays Allah as both more powerful and more remote than Yahweh, and as a universal deity, unlike Yahweh who closely follows Israelites.[22]

The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[5]

The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".[21]

(Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for "God".) Arab Christians, for example, use the terms Allāh al-ab (الله الأب) for God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) for God the Son, and Allāh al-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) for God the Holy Spirit. (See God in Christianity for the Christian concept of God.)

According to Marshall Hodgson, it seems that in the pre-Islamic times, some Arab Christians made pilgrimage to the Kaaba, a pagan temple at that time, honoring Allah there as God the Creator.[39]

Some archaeological excavation quests have led to the discovery of ancient pre-Islamic inscriptions and tombs made by Arabic-speaking Christians in the ruins of a church at Umm el-Jimal in Northern Jordan, which contained references to Allah as the proper name of God, and some of the graves contained names such as "Abd Allah" which means "the servant/slave of Allah".[40][41][42]
The name Allah can be found countless times in the reports and the lists of names of Christian martyrs in South Arabia, as reported by antique Syriac documents of the names of those martyrs from the era of the Himyarite and Aksumite kingdoms.[8][43]

In pre-Islamic Gospels, the name used for God was "Allah", as evidenced by some discovered Arabic versions of the New Testament written by Arab Christians during the pre-Islamic era in Northern and Southern Arabia.[47][48][49]

Pre-Islamic Arab Christians have been reported to have raised the battle cry "Ya La Ibad Allah" (O slaves of Allah) to invoke each other into battle.[50]

"Allah" was also mentioned in pre-Islamic Christian poems by some Ghassanid and Tanukhid poets in Syria and Northern Arabia.[51][52][53]

References:
1 "Allah". Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary.

2 "God". Islam: Empire of Faith. PBS. Archived from the original on 2014-03-27. Retrieved 18 December 2010.

3 "Islam and Christianity", Encyclopedia of Christianity (2001): Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews also refer to God as Allāh.

4 L. Gardet. "Allah". Encyclopaedia of Islam Online.

5 Columbia Encyclopedia, Allah

6 Brown, Francis; Driver, S.R.; Briggs, Charles. A. Hebrew and English Lexicon. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendricksen. p. 41, entry 410 1.b. ISBN 9781565632066.

7 Merriam-Webster. "Allah". Merriam-Webster. Archived from the original on 2014-04-20. Retrieved 25 February 2012.

8 Rick Brown, Who was 'Allah' before Islam? Evidence that the term 'Allah' originated with Jewish and Christian Arabs (2007), page 8.

17 The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon – Entry for ʼlh Archived October 18, 2013 at the Wayback Machine

21 Lewis, Bernard; Holt, P. M.; Holt, Peter R.; Lambton, Ann Katherine Swynford (1977). The Cambridge history of Islam. Cambridge, Eng: University Press. p. 32. ISBN 978-0-521-29135-4.

22 F.E. Peters, Islam, p.4, Princeton University Press, 2003

29 Hitti, Philip Khouri (2002-09-06). History of the Arabs. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 800. ISBN 9780333631423.

30 Böwering, Gerhard, God and His Attributes, Encyclopaedia of the Qurʼān, Brill, 2007.

39 Marshall G. S. Hodgson, The Venture of Islam: Conscience and History in a World Civilization, University of Chicago Press, p. 156

40 James Bellamy, "Two Pre-Islamic Arabic Inscriptions Revised: Jabal Ramm and Umm al-Jimal", Journal of the American Oriental Society, 108/3 (1988)

41 Enno Littmann, Arabic Inscriptions (Leiden, 1949)

42 Rick Brown, Who is "Allah" ? - International Journal of Frontier Missions, (23:2 Summer 2006), page 80.

43 Ignatius Ya`qub III, The Arab Himyarite Martyrs in the Syriac Documents (1966), Pages: 9-65-66-89

45 Adolf Grohmann, Arabische Paläographie II: Das Schriftwesen und die Lapidarschrift (1971), Wien: Hermann Böhlaus Nochfolger, Page: 6-8

46 Beatrice Gruendler, The Development of the Arabic Scripts: From the Nabatean Era to the First Islamic Century according to Dated Texts (1993), Atlanta: Scholars Press, Page:

47 Rick Brown, Who was 'Allah' before Islam? Evidence that the term 'Allah' originated with Jewish and Christian Arabs (2007), page 10.

48 Frederick Winnett V, Allah before Islam-The Moslem World (1938), Pages: 239–248

49 Michael Macdonald, Personal Names in the Nabataean Realm-Journal Of Semitic Studies (1999), Page: 271

50 Irfan Shahîd, Byzantium and the Arabs in the Fourth Century, Dumbarton Oaks Trustees for Harvard University-Washington DC, page 418.

51 Irfan Shahîd, Byzantium and the Arabs in the Fourth Century, Dumbarton Oaks Trustees for Harvard University-Washington DC, Page: 452

52 A. Amin and A. Harun, Sharh Diwan Al-Hamasa (Cairo, 1951), Vol. 1, Pages: 478-480

53 Al-Marzubani, Mu'jam Ash-Shu'araa, Page: 302
Thank you bro! Cc plappville, truthman2012. Here's the truth, when I called you a liar you thought I was joking right! Lemme see the nonsense you'll type now!
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2015
plappville:

I dont lie against Islam. I have seen so much documents on how true Muslims behave. They must kill for allah. U are not obeying allah. You ought to kill some1 to complete ur quest.. grin And again, if What the OP has posted are lies. Then you have issues to accept the truth because they came from your holy books. {Hadiths and koran}

You are very correct. Muslims reject what the quran and hadiths say when it comes to covering the dirt of islam.

They don't believe the quran or hadiths that expose(s) the FALSEHOOD of islam. The simple reason for having such spiritual absurdities in islam is because the Arabs were so used to idolatery that they couldn't discern the words and ways of the true God different from those of the Devil.

So when allahh was saying what he was saying and Muhammad doing what he was doing, muslims didn't know they were wrong. No wonder it was only the pagans who embraced islam as it tallies with their religion, but the Jews and Christians rejected it outright.

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

Thank you bro! Cc plappville, truthman2012. Here's the truth, when I called you a liar you thought I was joking right! Lemme see the nonsense you'll type now!

You are still very ignorant or deliberately obstinate.

Nobody disputes allah being God in Arabic language. The point is: people call different deities God. The deity muslims call allah is not the true God.

Mutaleb, Muhammad grandfather and a known idolater named his son Abdullai (meaning servant of allah). Which allah was he serving as an idolater? This clearly shows that the idolaters also call their idols allah.

The Yoruba tribe in Nigeria named God as Olodumare, who had Orunmila as one of his prophets. Is Yoruba Olodumare the same Being as Yahweh or Arabian Allah? Who is 'prophet' Orumila in islam or Christianity?

The fact remains that the allah the Arab Christians refer to as their God is not the islamic allahh just like Olodumare the Yoruba traditional worshipers call their god is not Yahweh or Allah. Note that even the Yoruba Christians call God Olodumare despite the fact that traditional religionists call their god the same name. So when a Yoruba Christian call Olodumare he is not referring to the Being the traditional worshipers call Olodumare. It is only a matter of common language.

In the same light, the deity the muslims worship as their allah is not the same God the Arab Christians refer to as their own allah. It is only a matter of common language.

I don't know how to help you if you still cannot understand.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Annunaki(m): 11:49am On Oct 07, 2015
BABAAGBALABA:
Jesus the father, Jesus the son, and Jesus the Holy spirit

Where in the bible did you read this Quote verse please.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Samunique(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

U seem not to understand that the post u u quoted did not answer the op in full.

It only argued that Allah meant God.

Then what about the serious issues raised in OP as to why Muslims worship Allah the same way IT/HE was worshipped by pre-islamic pagans, and none of u has been able to refute them?
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Samunique(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

U seem not to understand that the post u quoted did not answer the op in full.

Then what about the serious issues raised in OP as to why Muslims worship Allah the same way IT/HE was worshipped by pre-islamic pagans, and none of u has been able to refute them?
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Demmzy15(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
truthman2012:

You are still very ignorant or deliberately obstinate.

You're the ignorant one here who's confused!

Nobody disputes allah being God in Arabic language. The point is: people call different deities God. The deity muslims call allah is not the true God.

What are you saying?! Which diety do we call Allah?! What's this confusion all about?!

Mutaleb, Muhammad grandfather and a known idolater named his son Abdullai (meaning servant of allah). Which allah was he serving as an idolater? This clearly shows that the idolaters also call their idols allah.

Arabs who mostly the progeny of Ishmael and Abraham worshipped One God, but they deviated as time went on. The believe in One God Allah but they have many intermediaries or smaller gods. As the post I mentioned you in, many Christians before Islam beaded the name Abdullah. We've explained this severally to you, I don't know what's wrong with your brain.

The Yoruba tribe in Nigeria named God as Olodumare, who had Orunmila as one of his prophets.

Orunmila is not a prophet according to Yoruba but an "Orisha" better still a smaller "god".

Is Yoruba Olodumare the same Being as Yahweh or Arabian Allah? Who is 'prophet' Orumila in islam or Christianity?

How does this relate with the post office mentioned you in?! Some Yoruba Muslims(very little) and Christians still refer Olodumare as God. You trying to discredit Allah has made you to resort to illogical points.

The fact remains that the allah the Arab Christians refer to as their God is not the islamic allahh just like Olodumare the Yoruba traditional worshipers call their god is not Yahweh or Allah. Note that even the Yoruba Christians call God Olodumare despite the fact that traditional religionists call their god the same name. So when a Yoruba Christian call Olodumare he is not referring to the Being the traditional worshipers call Olodumare. It is only a matter of common language.

In the same light, the deity the muslims worship as their allah is not the same God the Arab Christians refer to as their own allah. It is only a matter of common language.

I don't know how to help you if you still cannot understand.

Since you're an angel who knows the True God or the fake one, lemme just make this clear to you. The God I worship is the True Almighty, The One who has no father or mother. The Creator of the Heavens, Earth and all that's in it.

I seriously don't even know what to tell you, you're just a confused man trying to prove a point you'll surely fail on. I call God Allah, Arab Christians call him the same Allah and a black Negro comes out and say one is fake the other is correct. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Demmzy15(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Samunique:
U seem not to understand that the post u u quoted did not answer the op in full.

This issue has been long dealt with, if I may ask, how do preislamic pagans worship? !
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by Samunique(m): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

This issue has been long dealt with, if I may ask, how do preislamic pagans worship? !
Go back to the OP and click the link there u will see your answer.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

You're the ignorant one here who's confused!

What are you saying?! Which diety do we call Allah?! What's this confusion all about?!

Arabs who mostly the progeny of Ishmael and Abraham worshipped One God, but they deviated as time went on. The believe in One God Allah but they have many intermediaries or smaller gods. As the post I mentioned you in, many Christians before Islam beaded the name Abdullah. We've explained this severally to you, I don't know what's wrong with your brain.

Orunmila is not a prophet according to Yoruba but an "Orisha" better still a smaller "god".

How does this relate with the post office mentioned you in?! Some Yoruba Muslims(very little) and Christians still refer Olodumare as God. You trying to discredit Allah has made you to resort to illogical points.

Since you're an angel who knows the True God or the fake one, lemme just make this clear to you. The God I worship is the True Almighty, The One who has no father or mother. The Creator of the Heavens, Earth and all that's in it.

I seriously don't even know what to tell you, you're just a confused man trying to prove a point you'll surely fail on. I call God Allah, Arab Christians call him the same Allah and a black Negro comes out and say one is fake the other is correct. Nonsense!

Now tell us why idol worship and islam are COMPATIBLE?

You cannot deny they are one and same because they worship their gods the same way.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
truthman2012:
There are so many similarities between islamic allahh and the idols they worshiped in Mecca before islam. So similar that there are no distinctions.

The defence islamic apologists give is that the religious practices of the pagans were highjacked from the muslims after the founders of islam, Abraham and Ishmael were gone. Even though there are no evidence(s) to that claim apart from what Muhammad said, the questions is: How was it possible for pagans to worship their idols in the exact manner muslims worship their allahh if idol worship and islam are not COMPATIBLE?

The claim is like saying pagans were once worshiping their idols in the churches in the exact Christian way, praying and praising God and shouting Jesus and halelluyah in their shrines during the 'dark ages'. This is impossible because idols cannot withstand the shout of Jesus and halelluyah.

Worshiping God the way they worship idols or worshiping idols the way they worship God is a manipulation by satan from the pit of hell. It is not from the true God.

FIND EVIDENCES OF SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND IDOL WORSHIP HERE:

https://www.nairaland.com/2287893/allah-loves-pagans-hates-jews

Such hypocrisy.

Christianity too was hijacked from pagan practices and beliefs within the Roman Realm.

Islam is plagiarism from Judaism, christianity and Traditional Arab beliefs and practices
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
truthman2012:
Muslims have nothing to refute islam as arabian idolatery in the face of overwhelming evidences.

Now that you know without doubt that islam is idolatery, you should be convinced islamic allahh is not the true God.

Then how will you not go to hell worshiping a false god?

How would you trust the quran the revelations of allahh a false god? No wonder it opposes the truth of the bible.

Repent and accept Jesus before it is too late.

More hypocrisy

Even ur christianity is idolatry
Bible, rosary, crucifix, jesus himself are all idols
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by true2god: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
truthman2012:

Quran109:

Some islamic apologist said aisha, at 6, had a maturity of a lady of 16 hence the prophet of islam came to seek her (aisha who was 6 year old then) hand in marriage. It is only a man with a mental problem that will lust after a child of 6. This is what muslims fail to see; mohammed is a psychopath and a pedofile and a nimfo with an uncontrollable sexx drive.

He asked muslims to maintain a maximum of 4 wives while he had 9 wives at a time (with many sexx slaves). Like in the 48 LAWS OF POWER, you cant outshine your master. Muslims must not outshine mohammed hence he asked them to maintain only 4 and not 9 wives at a time.

I will also like to point that aisha was mohammed's second cousin, hence islam sanctioned marriage betweem cousins (following the example of islamic prophet and perfect man, mohammed). In my culture marriage to cousins is regared as incesst but its ok in islam. This had led to the creation of a race with the lowest IQ outside the sub-sahara africa.

Mohammed is a curse to humanity walahi, even a reasonable blind man can see it.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
lexiconkabir:

you don't understand Arabic and you know next to nothing, ilahun means "a god", which is in an indefinite case, while Allah means God, which is in a definite case due to the addition of "AL", now let's see the verse in question.

And the polytheists assign to Allah from that which He created of crops and livestock a share and say, "This is for Allah ," by their claim, " and this is for our partners [associated with Him]." But what is for their "partners" does not reach Allah , while what is for Allah - this reaches their "partners." Evil is that which they rule.

with what we've seen, the pagans which forgot the monotheism originally taught by Ishmael and Abraham took Allah to be head of the other 360 gods which they associated with him(that wasn't what Abraham and Ishmael taught them), now how does this mean that the arab pagans called any of their god Allah? anyway this is a very useless and boring point you are bringing up. truthman2012 a.k.a lieman you are yet to answer this.

[size=21pt]Are parents allowed to stick their thumb into the v'agina of their daughters to prove her virginity?[/size]

plappville how far?^^^ grin grin.

What does "allah" mean? "The God" hence it is a definite article not a name. Any "God" can be called Allah. Just like any Girl can be called "The Girl"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Common Mistakes During Ramadhan / How To Calculate Time For Each Daily Solat / You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.