Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site (17811 Views)

Order Of Federal High Court Restraining EFCC From Arresting Ekiti Govt Officials / Lagos Begins Work On Cable Car Project / Lawmaker, Afolabi Akanni, Dies In DSS Custody - Lanre Ogunsuyi For Ekiti Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Joel1919: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are you tired of losing
your money to
Bookies Do you wanna win through football bets? IT'S
amazing how much Is won through fixed
match...add on www.fb.com/joel.kenya1
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Bluffly: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
They should commence it significantly first. Clearing is nothing because Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State did the same thing and nothing significant took place till he left the office. I can tell you that that project is dead as of now only if the current government does something significant on it.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by gr8eminent(m): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
This shouldn't be in news, when other states had passed this mediocritic level.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Ilekeh(f): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
warrior01:
Fayose; the man after my heart. Kudos to the new Awolowo of Yorubaland

Awolowo, in heaven, is happy to hear that you love him and revere him.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
yemaldo:
Politics aside, they don't really need airport in ekiti at the moment
The closest airport to Ekiti State is the one in Akure. The manager of the airport once complained that for weeks no plane lands in the airport. That of Ekiti State is going to be worse.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by damton(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Saraki/fayose for 2019". Quote me anywhere
weed at work.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Lamasta(m): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
I was there....
Fayose the APC nightmare.....
Ribadu Fayose 2019::::::::::::::::::::::
Quote me and chop Heavenly SLAP
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

wake up Sir!
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by dexterinc2003: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Actually.....Sai Baba till 2023 and beyond grin grin grin ,shebi you people said he will soon die abi....
OZAOEKPE:
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
warrior01:
Fayose; the man after my heart. Kudos to the new Awolowo of Yorubaland
It won't be well with you for this statement...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by anonimi: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Another foolish project started by Fayemi!
When will God give our governors sense

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2253966_dashsense_jpeg81abf3acb54aa60dd6e866dd892c1fce

bestview:
Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi has inaugurated a nine-man committee, chaired by the legal luminary, Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), to examine the possibility of establishing an airport in the state.

He said his administration is committed to the transport sector as a key area in the state’s development.

The governor said his administration has invested heavily in road construction and rehabilitation in the 16 local government areas to drive home its commitment to the development of the transport sector.

Dr. Fayemi said the proposed airport would bring Ekiti State into the limelight with its emerging economy and attract investors as well as tourists, who have flair for comfort.

He noted that though the establishment of an airport would require a lot of money, the state government, through a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement, would accomplish the task.

The governor said the airport has become necessary as the Federal Government is establishing an Export Conditioning Centre and a silo in the state while the Ikogosi Resort would also attract many visitors and tourists.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Olayinka Oyebode, listed the terms of reference of the committee as: examining the viability and feasibility of an airport in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, and proposing a practical implementation roadmap for same.

Fayemi was optimistic that when the Ikogosi Resort becomes functional, the proposed airport would market it. A South African hotel management group has agreed to manage the resort for the government.

Babalola described the inauguration as “historic in the history of Ekiti State”.

He noted that the project is dear to members of the committee.

The eminent lawyer tied the lack of industries in the state and the failure of the take-off of the Ikogosi Resort to the absence of an airport.

“There is an urgent need for meaningful industrial development in Ekiti by involving foreign developers from China, Europe, Japan, the Middle East and America. Any foreigner who comes to Ekiti with the intention of establishing an industry and who comes through Lagos by road to Ado-Ekiti or from Abuja by road, otherwise called the death traps, would never come back to Ekiti,” he said.

Other members of the committee are: Sir Remi Omotoso, Afolabi Esan, Segun Ologunleko, Femi Tolani, Kayode Jegede, Babajide Arowosafe, Jide Adeniji and Capt. Bolaji Agbelusi.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/45143-afe-babalola-heads-panel-on-ekiti-airport.html
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by gsqueezer: 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
hope say the place go mk sense o
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by omonnakoda: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
40 Hectares hmm?
i.e 500 metres by 800 metres?
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by anonimi: 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
gsqueezer:
hope say the place go mk sense o

Cannot and will not make sense...just another avenue for siphoning money while

- education for all kids
- tap water
- basic health for all
- good roads for PUBLIC common transport

that can generate sustainable EMPLOYMENT are ignored and left to rot while salaries are owed and pensions unpaid even to those currently employed and old dying pensioners.
How wicked can we be to ALLOW these fools to rule over us and we look on waiting for a do-all, know-all messiah in Aso Rock to deal with them or our oyinbo "superiors" in UK to arrest them.

Why are we such dunces
God, why?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by October1960: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
Instead of each state building rail lines to connect each major town and then build good roads so buses can run smoothly without being stuck in traffic or worse avoid accidents on bad roads.

They start a silly project that they will charge the citizens 100 times the actually cost. Then take the money overseas so their own children can go to good schools, enjoy good roads, trains, hospitals that they deny Nigerians. Hope our people are waking up and will resist this worn and tried trick to embezzle.

With the economic situation of Nigeria they will not finish this project but will steal massive amounts of money.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by fuke(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
We do not need an airport.
The vehicles in Ekiti state is not up to those at Egbeda local government in Ibadan.
The airport in Ibadan is a colossal waste.
Only a flight in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by wazobiaN9(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

nah... you just looking for attention.

quote you anywhere... who are you
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
waste of scarce resources. reminds me of one ogbeni Rauf Aregbe of Osun state, or is it state of Osun??

I wonder how many Ekiti residents will actually use that airport IF it is ever completed.

yet grassroot projects are left abandoned.

when an illiterate governs the educated, just fasten your seatbelts.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
nice...
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
YungMike:
Dumb head... This shiit only for the RICH
Use the money and construct good roads and good schools..........
Ekiti has better schools and roads than most Nigerian states.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by ayclem01(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
i laugh, may be we have 4gotten dat ebonyi, ekiti and zamfara receive the lowest money frm fg, anyway lest watch n c whether na oboboyeye abi na real
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by idowuh98(m): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Misplaced priority
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
kinibigdeal:

THE Ekiti State government has begun moves to bring to fruition its plan to build an airport for in the state as it has commenced the clearing of the 40 hectares of land for the effective take-off of the project.

Following an approval of the project by the administration of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in 2009, the project had suffered neglect due to lack of political will of previous administrations in the state.

The Commissioner for Works, Mr. Kayode Oso, told newsmen while conducting them round the site, that Governor Ayodele Fayose set up a planning committee for the project a month ago and that the committee had consulted widely with relevant consultancy firms and professionals on the project.

Oso, who maintained that the Fayose-led administration was desirous of implementing the project, also disclosed that relevant professional bodies had approved the project, hence the earnest commencement of works on it.

He said: “Today, we are starting the site clearing of the 40 hectares of land for the airport and we are hoping that in two months, we will be through with the site clearing after which the governor would flag-off construction works on the site. The communities that would be affected by the site clearing include Aso-Ayegunle, Ijan and a part of Afao-Ekiti,” he said.

In a related development, the people of Aso-Ayegunle community, hosts of the project, while lauding the state government for the project, pleaded with the state government to compensate them for the acquisition of the land they described as “our only source of economic income.”

Secretary of the Aso-Ayegunle indigenes, Chief Owolabi Solomon, told newsmen that “We have been informed that the government would use our farmlands for the airport project and we even know what areas that would be affected. We are happy the government is bringing this laudable development to us, but we are pleading that the government should, as a matter of urgency, find means of compensating us because the farmlands being taken are our only source of livelihood.
On how government would compensate those whose farmlands have been lost to the project, Oso said that the government had already assigned some enumerators, who he said had commenced the estimation of the crops lost on the farmlands.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ekiti-govt-begins-work-airport-site

this man should embark on urgent infrastructure that will benefit the masses. E.g The so called int. airport in Asaba is a waste. Its very hard to plane there. Is good to learn from where others failed.
HOW CAN A SANE GOV. BUILD AIRPORT WITH BORROWED MONEY OR BAIL-OUT FUND?.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Image123(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
A state government that cannot generate revenue to pay salaries wants to build airport? This is madness. Ekiti state is among the three poorest states in Nigeria, they don't need an airport for the next 10years,seeing that they lack a leader that can change that status. He's just doing it for selfish reasons, so that if Ekiti ever ever have an airport even if it's 50years time, they'll say he started it or something, or name it after him. But such glory being achieved at the detriment of the state is unfair and devilish.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Dinocarex(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
damton:
White Elephant project. You don't build airports with billions where there are no airliners to use them. What is the economic gain of having airport facilities where there is very little airplane activities on them. Not to talk of other pressing Needs of the citizens of the state.

Believe me, I was about to type this. The airport won't add any value to the common man in Ekiti. I want to believe, before a project, there should be viability and feasibility study of such project. How many airlines will be operating there? How many flights in a day or week? A number of percentage of the people that will patronize such airport.
He should take a clue from Ibadan Airport, it only has 2 airlines as expanse as Oyo state is and the airlines have Abuja as destination and sometimes Port Harcourt.
I had to take a flight to Lagos from Akwa Ibom and spend extra money from Lagos to Ibadan. Then what's the point of having the airport there if it can't connect more than 2 city. The same could be the story for the airport.
Maybe in the near future, Mr. Fayose's project could be reasonable but for now, I will advice he channels the money in constructing intra communities road.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The closest airport to Ekiti State is the one in Akure. The manager of the airport once complained that for weeks no plane lands in the airport. That of Ekiti State is going to be worse.

I bet they will eventually turn the runway into one huge car park.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Dinocarex(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
fuke:
We do not need an airport.
The vehicles in Ekiti state is not up to those at Egbeda local government in Ibadan.
The airport in Ibadan is a colossal waste.
Only a flight in a week.
lol... Ibadan airport has upgraded. There is now daily flight to Abuja. As I'm typing this, another plane just landed.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by demandtruth: 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
Many kids on this forum ooooo

This man is seriously making no sense at all by building
airport at this point in time.

Akure airport is just so close by. What the hell is he going to achieve.
I guess it's an avenue for him to chop, no be so.
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by benjsniper33: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
seunlayi:
[size=15pt]This one no be only mouth, THIS IS ACTION. Breaking Awo's record loading ..............
[/size]
ORO JADE, ASE TELE

Yes i agree with you that it seems Fayose is doing a good job in Ekiti State, but his achievement so far hasnt reached one-tenth of the works of Chief Obafemi Awolowo in Ibadan alone not to talk of the whole western region
Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by Adieza(m): 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
Can i post d pictures tomorrow. I live at aso

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site by ERAKAMUS: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
So this is where Fayose is spending Ekiti State's bail out fund? Misplaced priority. Owo wo'gbo.
Why are you an Enemy of Progress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JUST IN: Buhari Meets Super Eagles / Minimum Wage: FG Budgets N160bn For Civil Servants’ Salary Increase / Ezekwesili Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece Official To Announce Presidential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.