Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block (1308 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" / Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
It is important to note that Buhari is not a new kid on the block. I hear people talking about a new Sherriff in town, but this is absolute nonsense. This Sherriff was here and left us a record. As I have indicated earlier, he was overthrown when he embarked on his war against corruption and indiscipline. None of us went out on the streets to show solidarity with him. We embraced Babangida but we also ended up accusing him of sowing the seeds of corruption. In the eight years of his (Babangida) rule, we watered those seeds. Today, Buhari has to confront the children of the Babangida era who are still very much around, have become fathers, grand fathers and, in some cases, great grand fathers. They have passed on the milk of this corruption to their descendants many of whom have built empires and kingdoms.
Having been President before, Buhari knows things we do not know. But, we already also know a thing a two about Buhari and what he represents. There has been too much focus on his being a good man, a patriot, a moral probity and so on. But, really, all of these qualities might be good for the Chairman of the pilgrims agency, a mosque or church building committee or Chairman of parish council and so on. But for a President to sort out a dysfunctional society like Nigeria, these qualities are necessary but not sufficient to guarantee success. Fixing Nigeria will require more than just a good man especially as we, in Nigeria, seem to equate goodness with prayer, building private churches and mosques which tend to become shelters and places of refuge for criminals and thieves who should really be in prison. In the final analysis, I do not really care what faith our President professes, if he professes any at all. All we need is a man who can fix our problems with the precision of the Chinese who are atheistic, not praying but getting results.
What we need is a leader who can learn and not be afraid to admit what he does not know, a leader who can ignore the whispers of the coterie of the so-called inner circles, separate friendship and camaradiere from the business of hearing the cry of the oppressed. Buhari fought his war without a Constitution. Buhari fought his war without a National Assembly. Buhari fought his war with a judiciary. He fought his war with tribunals.
Olutoyosi Omotosho
Copyright 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Phame: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
How old is the writer of this article?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
How old is the writer of this article?
Less than forty.
Catch her on facebook
Olutoyosi Omotosho
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Phame: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
Alero3Arubi:

Less than forty.
Catch her on facebook
Olutoyosi Omotosho
that bald-headed lady?
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 06, 2015
Phame:
that bald-headed lady?

No the lady who chose to go on skin cut. With a bright smile.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by dammytosh: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2015
If you don't want sherrif what about new Shakiru in town.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by frankyychiji(f): 6:15am On Oct 06, 2015
Just like Rochas of Imo State, Buhari came to power largely riding on the back of Apc' well oiled propaganda machine. The saddest thing is that he and his party who were not prepared for governance but eventually found themselves in governance are still perpetrating the propaganda that brought them to power to rule, more like a ruling opposition. We are watching.
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by muri4mig(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2015
Plagiarism! This was copied from Bishop Kukah write up. Op need to be behind the bars for this pure act of thievery. If my PMB prosecute him now, the wailers will be shouting "winch hunting" their usual slogan when ever they violate the law and the long arm of the catch up with them. The useless Bishop was not fair to PMB with that his epistle either. While I agree that he made some sense by going down the memory lane in his postilations, he messed up the whole thing by been skeptical about PMB which I believe stem from his parochial inferiority complex and lack of objectivity in what PMB actually stood for.
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by muri4mig(m): 6:26am On Oct 06, 2015
frankyychiji:
Just like Rochas of Imo State, Buhari came to power largely riding on the back of Apc' well oiled propaganda machine. The saddest thing is that he and his party who were not prepared for governance but eventually found themselves in governance are still perpetrating the propaganda that brought them to power to rule, more like a ruling opposition. We are watching.
either you are yet to realize that nothing good can ever come out from your already derailed thinking process or you are naturally born with an inbuilt hate virus which will slowly eat you. PMB represent a household name that is marketable with little or no resources. A lot of public office holders who assume office on the platform of APC achieved that height through the share goodwill of PMB not the other way round. Stop spewing gabish if you don't have any thing meaningful to comment.
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Phame: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Alero3Arubi:

No the lady who chose to go on skin cut. With a bright smile.
are you sure?
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Phame: 7:33am On Oct 06, 2015
muri4mig:
Plagiarism! This was copied from Bishop Kukah write up. Op need to be behind the bars for this pure act of thievery. If my PMB prosecute him now, the wailers will be shouting "winch hunting" their usual slogan when ever they violate the law and the long arm of the catch up with them. The useless Bishop was not fair to PMB with that his epistle either. While I agree that he made some sense by going down the memory lane in his postilations, he messed up the whole thing by been skeptical about PMB which I believe stem from his parochial inferiority complex and lack of objectivity in what PMB actually stood for.
check Facebook and you'd even see kuka's picture on the page the op copied from.
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by frankyychiji(f): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2015
muri4mig:
either you are yet to realize that nothing good can ever come out from your already derailed thinking process or you are naturally born with an inbuilt hate virus which will slowly eat you. PMB represent a household name that is marketable with little or no resources. A lot of public office holders who assume office on the platform of APC achieved that height through the share goodwill of PMB not the other way round. Stop spewing gabish if you don't have any thing meaningful to comment.
I am immuned to your insults cool. Truth is bitter.
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Phame:
are you sure?

Now why would you ask me that?
If you know her as you assume to, she should be the one you address that question to.
Or don't you think?
Re: Buhari Not A New Sheriff On The Block by Phame: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2015
Alero3Arubi:

Now why would you ask me that?
If you know her as you assume to, she should be the one you address that question to.
Or don't you think?
ok.

(1) (Reply)

Ben Carson- Presidential Aspirant Defends Gun Rights / Unveiling The Lies Of Jewish Origin Of The Igbo People And Revealing The Jewish / Live From Senator Gilbert Nnaji Celebration Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.