Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (53850 Views)

Where Will One Go After Death If Without Achieving Its Purpose On Earth? / What Is Our Purpose On Earth? A Worth Reading Thread / What Is Your Purpose, And Your Groups' Purposes? (scientology] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by mentorandfriend(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2015
OfficialIYANU:
My God! mentorandfriend this is the Article of articles. I truly bless God for today. I need ed this badly. I'm in tears in my office right now. How do I contact you. Phone number, email, anything. You can inbox me thebibleman1@yahoo.com
God bless
Please send your phone number to chiemeziem_w@yahoo.com.

Thank you and have a blessed day.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by donemperor: 10:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Beautiful write up.One doesnt invent his/her purpose in life.One detects his/her purpose(Stephen Covey).When purpose is not known,abuse is inevitable (Myles Munroe) hence people abuse themselves with sex,drugs,physically and abuse others also.To live puposelessly is not to live.It is to exist,to be a vegetable.Death is a reality that is neither good nor bad.It is a necessary end for us all.When you live each moment as if it were your last,you will live purposefully.When you realise that you may be headed for the morgue in the next hour then you will want to leave purposefully.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2015
undecided
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Imuetic(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2015
Find and Cultivate Your Passion

Do you know many people are not living up to their full potential because they do not know their purpose for being? They simply do not know the purpose for which God created them.

Every human on earth has been destined to live a life of purpose but not everyone has found their purpose and started living it. No one was born to live a mediocre life. You are special. You were born for a unique purpose.

Your life will take on a whole new meaning if you would discover your reason for being and begin to live it.

Read More Below...

http://mosesrichokojie..com.ng/p/home.html

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by kingsthe1: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2015
grin I love this so much

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by oloribuz(f): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Very inspiring message. God bless u sir. I also adore my Bishop, Dr. David Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by emmabest2000(m): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 3

How I Discovered My Purpose.

1) I spent one weekend alone, thinking and reflecting on my CORE VALUES.

You see, our values are a pointer to where our calling lies. For instance, I discovered that my core values included
~Integrity and Sincerity
~Curiousity (Yes, it's true. I'm a curious person. I lack discipline and order). The meaning is that I hate routine and would likely rebel against norms than follow them.
~Hardwork
~Dedication
~Respect
~Loyalty
~Love, Compassion and Sharing
~Impact, Recognition and Appreciation
~Family and Friends.
I wrote them down, and decided that I would walk away from people, associations, societies, and cliques that do not share at least half of these values. There is a correlation between purpose and your values.

2) I looked inward to discover what my PASSION really was. For instance, I have more passion for public speaking and making power point presentations than I have for hospital job. Thus while my value for Love, Contribution and Sharing will keep me in the practice of medicine, my passion for communicating hope and direction will keep me afloat as a public speaker.

3) I analysed the things that gave me PAIN and STRESS.

Many of us have been hurt and disappointed severally by people. For instance, I lost a sibling who was supposed to be my elder brother to a careless doctor who was treating him for malaria for several weeks while he was suffering from anaemic heart failure; which eventually took him. He was the only son of my parents then; with five girl-children ahead of him already, so you can imagine the pain of my parents at losing a son they've been waiting for.

You see, there will be defining moments in your life. You don't have to forget them; but heal from them and turn them into a message/career. Make sure someone close to you does not have to go through the same things that hurt you in the past.

4) I took a look at the PROBLEMS around me.

I believe that problem solvers are men of purpose. Problem-solving will shoot you to relevance and make you a man-on-assignment; a man of purpose. I found a problem.

When I was a student, one problem I saw was a sea of people who didn't know why they were in school. Some naive girls as young as 16 or 17 years were readily snapped up by smooth talkers who go on to persuade them to move in with them. Every night is a night of rumble under the sheets. These girls enter the university as good, homely girls but are turned to sex objects before they leave school. These are people's future wives for that matter. I saw it as a social problem that needs to be solved. It pained me, so I started talking about it. I will enter a class early in the morning before a lecturer comes in and plead for attention from them to hear me out. I talked in hostels too. Little did I know that I was sharpening my public speaking skills and perfecting myself in the art of persuassion; at the same time, making an impact in the lives of first year students.

5) I spent time bathing myself in PRAYER; asking God why He created me, and sent me to my family, my community, my state, and Nigeria. Why was I born in Nigeria and not in Luxemburg?

I prayed until I had peace in my mind that God wanted me to practice medicine and not to be an entrepreneur/importer of drugs after medical school. Lol.

You see, I believe the bible is a universal book that has sold more than any book on earth; filled with so much wisdom. Thus whether you're a christain, muslim, or an atheist, I hope you draw inspiration from a story I read in Habakkuk 2vs1-3 that taught me this 5th point.

Prophet Habakkuk said he will stand on his watch (the place of prayer), to hear what God will tell him. Then God gave him his purpose and told him to write it boldly and in plain letters. God further encouraged him with further words of hope. You can find your purpose like this.
Interesting

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
I'm sorry to say op but that is not the purpose humans were created. You need to read "purpose driven life" by Rick warren. We have just two purpose in Life.
1) Our service to God
2) Our service to humanity.
Even if u are an established doctor or engineer or whatever, and you have in no way served humanity, you didn't impact in the lifes of others. You didn't achieve your purpose on earth. All religion and even scientist believe there is a supreme being, whatever name you call this being depends on your religion. But as chrisitians, have reverance to God by living a moral life and leave your footprints on mother earth by impacting peoples life. Dts all bro, dats all you need to make Heaven. That's the purpose for our existence. Its not rocket science! Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by 400billionman: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 5

My Prayer For You

If you're currently reading this, I believe you're a messenger; and you need to know that. You were designed with an end in mind so you should discover it and fulfil it.

The spotlight is on you now. May your life never lack a sense of purpose. You’ll never drift through life again. You’ll go from wandering aimlessly to possessing your future. You will own it.

[size=15] You shall experience a quantum leap - a radical ascent of grace, shooting you up into new realms of life, not traceable to your natural ability. [/size]

You shall experience unpredicted emergence; a show up on the scene supernaturally, like the Wind, and taking your space by storm!

You shall experience a mighty rescue from habits stronger than you, plus the licence for a future better than your past.

God will take over your life and you will become a different person by grace. Your soul will be emptied of pain, and the curtains will lift for new light.

Grace to you. Grace to me too.

Amen..

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by 400billionman: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
I'm sorry to say op but that is not the purpose humans were created. You need to read "purpose driven life" by Rick warren. We have just two purpose in Life.
1) Our service to God
2) Our service to humanity.
Even if u are an established doctor or engineer or whatever, and you have in no way served humanity, you didn't impact in the lifes of others. You didn't achieve your purpose on earth. All religion and even scientist believe there is a supreme being, whatever name you call this being depends on your religion. But as chrisitians, have reverance to God by living a moral life and leave your footprints on mother earth by impacting peoples life. Dts all bro, dats all you need to make Heaven. That's the purpose for our existence. Its not rocket science! Shalom.

He just wrote book and you asking us to read another.

You need to work on yourself. The writer of this thread has definitely worked on himself which is evident in his choice of words.

And may i remind you that it is only the strong that helps the weak. If one does not find his purpose, he cannot serve God or humanity effectively .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by succyreal(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
If I don't comment on post like this that means I am not a real sage.
post like this should be consider very important. It opened, it insightful and a correction to people and also a prayer for upliftment.

above all believe in yourself and God in all that u do.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
mentorandfriend:
P
Nice article, nice thread.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
400billionman:

He just wrote book and you asking us to read another.

You need to work on yourself. The writer of this thread has definitely worked on himself which is evident in his choice of words.

And may i remind you that it is only the strong that helps the weak. If one does not find his purpose, he cannot serve God or humanity effectively .

That's not a book he wrote, but an experience he learnt. Whereas the book I'm talking about has sold 32million copies and its #1 Newyork times Best selling author. 32million people agree with that book, read it then compare it to the OP"s Life experience.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Setaje(f): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
Discovered mine long time ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by nobeku: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
chinoasa:
and u sound and reason like derained psycho... grin
Atleast it beta been a Bedwarmer Dan a psycho cool
Abi I lie
So you'll prefer to be a woman of easy virtue Kids of today!
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by nobeku: 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
chinoasa:
and u sound and reason like derained psycho... grin
Atleast it beta been a Bedwarmer Dan a psycho cool
Abi I lie
To think you are at my Alma Mata is disheartening.. when we were at the Lions den, you rarely come across girls of easy virtue.. So where do you ply your trade? Ziks flats, Margaret Cathewright abi Amogbo? Probably Ezeopi...
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by ogajoe(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
God BLESS mai HURSTLE !!

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
nobeku:
To think you are at my Alma Mata is disheartening.. when we were at the Lions den, you rarely come across girls of easy virtue.. So where do you ply your trade? Ziks flats, Margaret Cathewright abi Amogbo? Probably Ezeopi...
ur mother knows beta! tongue afterall she paved d way.. So ask her.....
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by simdam500(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
Well said, I decided to not make any comments, but how would I know I was here in years to come is THIS.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by alphalpha(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Weeping
cry cry cry
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by bizmania(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
I'm inspired. Thank you for this!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Kay17: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
nawtibownie:
Well said. The people you hang with reflect on one's personality a lot. If you hang out with eagles, you're definitely going to fly but if you hang out with chickens, you're most likely to cluck. The purpose of life is not to be happy but it is to be useful and make some difference that you have lived well. One just needs direction.

Do you mean usefulness to the world outside yourself, or usefulness within yourself?

It is a tricky terrain, because usefulness to the outside world does not imply happiness or satisfaction but only the world will enjoy the satisfaction from your usefulness. Just the same way the butcher gains satisfaction from his knife or the driver from his vehicle.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Jullyman: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
This word is for me. Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by BobUg28(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mentorandfriend your name truly reflect your calling. After reading this epistle, it opened my eyes. Now, I see those areas I have been lagging behind. Thanks for the piece. It really helped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
BobUg28:
Mentorandfriend your name truly reflect your calling. After reading this epistle, it opened my eyes. Now, I see those areas I have been lagging behind. Thanks for the piece. It really helped.

Great. Now kindly take the appropriate actions and see the rapid changes manifest in your life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Occurstaem(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
May God bless you. Someone I know must see this. You have just saved a soul.
More power to your elbow @mentorandfriend .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by tkarunwi: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
I love this write-ups, it's inspiring and impacting. I will follow you on twitter. God bless you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
cheesy....mentorandfriend..your work was encouraging....you will be my mentor someday cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by bummyla(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
I live for Christ! Thank You Jesus! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by ireneony(f): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Please kindly follow me so I can send my phone contact directly to your mail.
We'll work it all out through God.
hi mentorandfriend saw ur pm
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by go4success(f): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
thanks@ op.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi / End Time: Isis And The "One World Ruler And Anti-christ / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.