Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs (45105 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu / Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Tribunal Nullifies APC Lawmaker’selection For Not Attaining 30yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by frankman365(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Tribunal nullifies APC lawmaker’s election for not attaining 30yrs

* Orders fresh elections within 90 days

The election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmaker representing Suleja constituency in the Niger State House of Assembly, Hon. Murtala Badaru, has been nullified by the State and National Assembly elections petitions tribunal in Minna, the Niger state capital.

Shaibu Iya of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had challenged the election of Badaru on the grounds of certificate forgery and underage.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/412x328xMurtala-Badaru.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-GyAy3UzHI.webp[/img]
Murtala Badaru casting his vote during the last election

In his judgment, Olatunde Oshodi, chairman of the tribunal, said Badaru was not found guilty of certificate forgery as alleged by the petitioner.

However, Oshodi nullified the election on the ground that Badaru has not attained the constitutional age of 30 years, required to be a lawmaker.

He nullified the election and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commisssion (INEC) to conduct fresh elections within 90 days‎.

Reacting, Chris Osuagwu, counsel to Badaru, told journalists that his client would appeal the judgment.

Meanwhile, the tribunal had affirmed the election of Musa Sule (APC-Kachia) in the state house of assembly.

The tribunal held that Ibrahim Ndaman of the PDP, failed to prove‎ beyond reasonable doubt that Sule forged his certificate from Zungeru Polytechnic and was an ex-convict.

It dismissed the case for lack of merit and ordered the petitioner to pay the sum of N100, 000 each to the first (Sule) and second (APC) respondents in the matter as cost.‎

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tribunal-nullifies-apc-lawmakers-election-for-not-attaining-30yrs/

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Mogidi: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
The monumental fraud embarked upon by APC would be exposed with time.

Bad news on all fronts for APC, more to come.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
HMMMM.... IS DIS WHY BABA MADE PRINCE AUDU OGBEH, A MAN IN HIS SEVENTIES A MINISTER!!! NOW I SEE

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by tollytexy(m): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
Forgery's existing since when Pharoah ruled Egypt.. I'm less concerned.. I'm looking for my iPad charger . That's what matters most to me

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Omo this one na gobe oo grin

I thought they said youth are the leaders of tomorrow?

Imagine that moment when the nigger thought he has scaled through but the wintch keep following him from the village like the pic below grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by omusiliyu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Another round of money for the electorate.

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by gokay11(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
And the scam continues

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by zangiff(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,okay
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
V funny

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Republlican(f): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
By this time tomorrow I see this news changing after the man would handshaked them with Ghana must go bag grin
www.twitter.com/lingeriecity
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Any news about APC I am not interested

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Lordtrillion(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by funmilade4real(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Itumo?
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
APC is a party of honest people and saints... The judge is a wailer

lols

In the past we were ruled by thieves, but right now we are being ruled by liars and pretenders.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Should age be a barrier.... I fink if he is competent to deliver, why not undecided
Jut tots tho

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by shegelu: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by mizvee(f): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
What ppl do for power... ok o

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by porrigeyam(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Eeyah make try luck next time.....but even the older lawmakers we have are big foools......

Sh*ts on the person under me grin grin
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by hardywaltz(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by emjoe1: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
I see
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by braine(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
I thought they say age is just a number?? kiss
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Dennis07(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Chai.... Money Don waste

IF YOU CARE TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION USING A NATURAL WAY... visit this link..

www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
No be only F, Na Follow
chinoasa:
F
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by noeloge82(m): 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
1-0
Mark 1,suleja 0
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by abbeygreen1: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Find another capable APC member to occupy the position, thru a sure victory for APC election.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by greatfoly(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
well, as well as the judgement is based on constitutional provision of 30years minimum, its okay. but the question begging for answer is,
When will a vibrant youth of less than 30years ever get to lead in this nation?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by nbright: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
APC and lies eh

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Dannyset(m): 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hian

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by damton(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Below 30 years. despite his loss, I think his story into the house is inspiring at that age.

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by shammah1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Chosen1984:
No be only F, Na Follow
bia bro chosen respect yaself
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by zoom007: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
this country is full of shit, that stupid seun fela dey spew rubbish on buhari list and people casting stones left right and centre, but now the law made by your foolish anti youth lawmakers that will not allow someone below 30years to represent even his people at the state level is a total shame. This is where youths should have one voice. Am really sad. seun fela this is where we need your voice. This is a grass root matter that needs your attention not buharisz list

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago / RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election / Kyari rejects prison food, inmates excited by Ex-IRT boss presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.