Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,681 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs (45127 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu / Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Tribunal Nullifies APC Lawmaker’selection For Not Attaining 30yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by liyahwillie(f): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
Next plssssssssssss Miz WILLIE again
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by bokohalal(m): 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
No to heavenly slap again
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by cabaliciouscabal: 12:04am On Oct 07, 2015
Mogidi:
The monumental fraud embarked upon by APC would be exposed with time.

Bad news on all fronts for APC, more to come.

So PDP did not engage in monumental fraud.

#rivers state

#akwa ibom state.

#jst asking.

#dont worry keep ur answer to urself.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Oluwatosin678(m): 12:29am On Oct 07, 2015
greatfoly:
well, as well as the judgement is based on constitutional provision of 30years minimum, its okay. but the question begging for answer is,
When will a vibrant youth of less than 30years ever get to lead in this nation?
when we start saying no to dis kind of constitution.....useless laws for only d old
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by ushafe(m): 2:23am On Oct 07, 2015
Mogidi:
The monumental fraud embarked upon by APC would be exposed with time.

Bad news on all fronts for APC, more to come.
for sure, just wait.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ebimablog: 2:28am On Oct 07, 2015
chinoasa:
Should age be a barrier.... I fink if he is competent to deliver, why not undecided
Jut tots tho

Just the way certificate isn't a barrier, go change the Constitution since u think u so
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 07, 2015
This is bad for national development, the youths are held down, even by law, and its the reason the system keeps churning out overages, recycled products. An irony is it that those who were privy to this constitutional term and standard were themselves underaged when they held notable positions in authority. Secondary school taught us that at the year 18, you're liable to vote and be voted for'
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by chinedujazzy(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2015
The leaders of tomorrow...where then is the hope for the leaders of this tmorw,shall we continue to drown in the leadership of this old men... But still why is the guy so dumb that he couldn't prove to the court that he is 30yrs,with all the paper technology and affidavit everywhere!!! Pity!
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Mentcee(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2015
The report did not state whether the fresh election will exclude Badaru. Bad reportage or deplorably ignorant judgement
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by loiszandi(f): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2015
When are we going to become leaders of tomorrow when elections are nullified. we want competency and not mediocre
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by greatfoly(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2015
blank:

When they are 30 years old.

it doesn't speak well for this nation. when most of these old political class have been in government since their early 20's either as military heads, administrators and members of national policy teams
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2015
APC forged all the strength used in winning past election

Forged forged everywhere you go!

APC FULL TIME SCAM
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by free13: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2015
Forged certi......apc. grin
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 10:46am On Oct 07, 2015
PRINCENWAEZE:
Omo this one na gobe oo grin

I thought they said youth are the leaders of tomorrow?

Imagine that moment when the nigger thought he has scaled through but the wintch keep following him from the village like the pic below grin

This is kind of archaic constitutional policies PDP has been formulating for the past sixteen years.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2015
zoom007:
this country is full of shit, that stupid seun fela dey spew rubbish on buhari list and people casting stones left right and centre, but now the law made by your foolish anti youth lawmakers that will not allow someone below 30years to represent even his people at the state level is a total shame. This is where youths should have one voice. Am really sad. seun fela this is where we need your voice. This is a grass root matter that needs your attention not buharisz list
Truth is dat a man less than 30 years old is too young to be a federal law maker. He can start out as a councillor or state law maker. 30 - 50 years seems very appropriate me.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

This is kind of archaic constitutional policies PDP has been formulating for the past sixteen years.

Are you aware that it's 1999 constitution that we're using now? How come it's PDP that has been formulating our constitution for the past 16years?
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

Are you aware that it's 1999 constitution that we're using now? How come it's PDP that has been formulating our constitution for the past 16years?

2015-1999 = 16 years. All the Presidents throughout this tenour were from PDP, backed up with majority in both the upper and lower chambers: tell me what stops PDP from ameliorating this archaic law which requires simple majority.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 11:59am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

2015-1999 = 16 years. All the Presidents throughout this tenour were from PDP, backed up with majority in both the upper and lower chambers: tell me what stops PDP from ameliorating this archaic law which requires simple majority.

Constitutional amendments have been carried out by successive dispensations of the National Assembly, and a few critical issues have been addressed over the years. A complete overhaul of the constitution is very difficult to achieve. That was part of what the last confab hoped to achieve but APC turned it down for political reasons, and Buhari has already discarded their report.
To me, there is nothing wrong with 30 years age limit to contest a seat in the NA. The rep in question can come back in 2019. I'm sure he will be up to 30 by then.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Who says youths are the leaders of tomorrow? grin cheesy grin cheesy
This govt nah ScaM cheesy
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

Constitutional amendments have been carried out by successive dispensations of the National Assembly, and a few critical issues have been addressed over the years. A complete overhaul of the constitution is very difficult to achieve. That was part of what the last confab hoped to achieve but APC turned it down for political reasons, and Buhari has already discarded their report.
To me, there is nothing wrong with 30 years age limit to contest a seat in the NA. The rep in question can come back in 2019. I'm sure he will be up to 30 by then.

Reduction of constitutional age has nothing to do with Confab's recommendation, only simple majority is needed which could have been easily done if PDP wishes to.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

Reduction of constitutional age has nothing to do with Confab's recommendation, only simple majority is needed which could have been easily done if PDP wishes to.
The issue you're raising bothers on constitutional amendment, and constitutional amendments are carried out by the NA and the 36 States Assemblies. It's not as simple as you make it. Also, lawmakers don't just pick a little aspect of the constitution and talk about amendment. They look at a bigger picture because of the stress and difficulty of the amendment.
I repeat, there is no need reducing age at election of federal lawmakers. 30 is very appropriate, and even as a young guy, I won't advocate for that.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

The issue you're raising bothers on constitutional amendment, and constitutional amendments are carried out by the NA and the 36 States Assemblies. It's not as simple as you make it. Also, lawmakers don't just pick a little aspect of the constitution and talk about amendment. They look at a bigger picture because of the stress and difficulty of the amendment.
I repeat, there is no need reducing age at election of federal lawmakers. 30 is very appropriate, and even as a young guy, I won't advocate for that.

So, which party dominates the states Assemblies throughout the period under review? However, States Assemblies have nothing to do with this issue if it was enacted.

Get your fact right.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by 400billionman: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Chai, so INTEOVERT is underaged ?

Ehya..
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

So, which party dominates the states Assemblies throughout the period under review? However, States Assemblies have nothing to do with this issue if it was enacted.

Get your fact right.

Guy what's your own? The constitution stipulates that to contest a position in the National Assembly, one must have attained minimum age of 30 years among other things. To alter it would require constitutional amendment which can only be made by the National Assembly and the 36 States Assemblies.
As long as the constitution has spelt out the age requirement, it has to be changed in the constitution before anybody younger than 30 can contest and not be removed through the courts.
I still maintain that there is no need for amending that age requirement. Whoever is less than 30 and is so interested in governance should go and contest for councillor in his local constituency or contest in his state assembly.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

Guy what's your own? The constitution stipulates that to contest a position in the National Assembly, one must have attained minimum age of 30 years among other things. To alter it would require constitutional amendment which can only be made by the National Assembly and the 36 States Assemblies.
As long as the constitution has spelt out the age requirement, it has to be changed in the constitution before anybody younger than 30 can contest` and not be removed through the courts.
I still maintain that there is no need for amending that age requirement. Whoever is less than 30 and is so interested in governance should go and contest for councillor in his local constituency or contest in his state assembly.

You are just reiterating needless point. Who is saying the constitution does not need to be changed before anybody younger than 30 could contest?

The point is that this provision is archaic and needs to be amended. This was how it has been even in the constitution that preceded 1999 constitution and PDP failed to ameliorate this.

In this millennium, younger men and women are becoming professor even at lesser age as compared to 30 you are reiterating here: why are you so naïve in your approach on this issue?

You need change, honestly.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

You are just reiterating needless point. Who is saying the constitution does not need to be changed before anybody younger than 30 could contest?

The point is that this provision is archaic and needs to be amended. This was how it has been even in the constitution that preceded 1999 constitution and PDP failed to ameliorate this.

In this millennium, younger men and women are becoming professor even at lesser age as compared to 30 you are reiterating here: why are you so naïve in your approach on this issue?

You need change, honestly.
Check the last paragraph of my last post. There is nothing archaic in that provision.
Serving as a federal legislator is not the only way to display leadership as a young person.
And talking about young people becoming professors at younger ages as compared to 30, please kindly give me the names of Nigerian professors you know who are below 30 years.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

Check the last paragraph of my last post. There is nothing archaic in that provision.
Serving as a federal legislator is not the only way to display leadership as a young person.
And talking about young people becoming professors at younger ages as compared to 30, please kindly give me the names of Nigerian professors you know who are below 30 years.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/unilag-student-breaks-african-record-bags-ph-d-24/
http://www.konnectafrica.net/yetunde-odugbesan-omede/
http://yegs.org/yegs-hall-of-fame-charles-fefferman-1949/
https://www.jbhe.com/2015/10/two-black-scholars-join-the-faculty-at-the-harvard-graduate-school-of-education/
http://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/biocv
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/profiling-indian-american-economist-raj-chetty/20121011.htm
http://www..com/talk/topic,145023.0.html
http://thenationonlineng.net/unilag-produces-africas-youngest-phd-holder
http://www.gradschoolhub.com/10-youngest-people-ever-to-achieve-a-doctorate-degree/

Check it out! Don't tell me you are not satisfied tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Ephemmm: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennydoc:

So you don't know the difference between getting a PhD and becoming a professor?

It is either you are physically blind or otherwise.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs by Kennydoc(m): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ephemmm:

It is either you are physically blind or otherwise.

I think your reasoning is impaired, honestly.
I asked you for Nigerians who became professors at less than 30, and you sent me links littered with young PhD graduates. The only person there that has something to do with Nigeria, who became a professor at less than 30 is even a Nigerian-American, and had all her education in the US. What has she got to do with the question I asked you? And you had the audacity and effrontery to call me blind. Are you okay in any way?
Give me the name of any academician who obtained professorship in Nigeria at less than 30. If you can't, then do me a favour, GERRARRAHIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Top Nigeria Politicians In Suit / Aisha Yesufu Slams Goodluck Jonathan / Maina Bleeds In Court, Judge Warns Against Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.