Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses (23150 Views)

Gang Of Boys Attack Young Man For Preventing Them From Seeing His Sister. Photos / Gang Of Nigerian Fraudsters Face Jail For £10m Scam In UK / Lady Among Gang Of Interstate Armed Robbers Arrested By Police In Edo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Donaldofficial: 2:01am On Oct 07, 2015
The police in Lagos say they have arrested a five-man robbery gang led by a fake policeman in the Abbatoir, Agege area of the state.

The fake policeman, who identified himself as Joel Ojo, said the guns and the police Identity Card recovered from the gang were given to him by a friend who is a policeman.

He gave the police officer’s name simply as Muhammed, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who he said was based at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the gang members were arrested on Monday, September 28, at about 11pm.

Our correspondent gathered that the gang members, who were driving a car, were stopped by a police patrol team, and their vehicle searched.

Two pump-action rifles, two pistols with several cartridges, a police I.D. card and a police uniform were said to have been recovered from the car, while the suspects were arrested.

They were thereafter transferred to the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigation.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro on Tuesday, 58-year-old Ojo, who claimed that he was taking the rifles for repair, said he used the guns for security work, and not robbery.

He added that he was a close friend of the CSP, adding that he got the I.D. card and guns from him when he started the security work.

He said, “We were arrested at about 11pm for driving against the traffic. The guns were in my car and I was taking them for repair. I am not the owner of the guns. I started to use the police I.D. card and the guns early this year. I work as a security man.

“Just assist me. The Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, Kokumo, ordered our arrest.

“We were taken to SARS. As I speak with you, I am having headache and I cannot speak too much. It was one of my police friends who gave me the I.D. card and the guns. He is my friend; he is a CSP. He had also worked as a Divisional Police Officer. He knew I was a security man and he said I should have them. His name is CSP Muhammed attached to the Force headquarters, Abuja.”

A police source told PUNCH Metro that the gang’s vehicle was impounded at the Abbatoir Police Division, while the police officer, who the gang claimed to know, had been called for questioning.

He said, “They are actually a robbery gang. It was because it was DCP Kokumo who arrested them that the guns were discovered.

“They were driving against the traffic in the Abbatoir area when the DCP’s boys stopped them for a search. In the end, two pump-action rifles and two pistols were found in the vehicle. The DCP immediately ordered that the vehicle be kept in Abbatoir division.

“The police officer they named has been called for questioning. Everybody was shocked that he had a strong link with the robbery gang.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the gang and other suspects, said the command would not tolerate crimes and criminally-minded people.

“We are working to discipline erring officers, and to ensure that crimes are reduced to the barest minimum. We need maximum cooperation from the general public to to do this,” he added.

Source Punch .... http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/policeman-gave-us-guns-%E2%94%80-suspected-robber/

Posted By Vivian Blog

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by madridguy(m): 2:25am On Oct 07, 2015
Evil people..... Send them to inbox with immediate effect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by tafabaloo(m): 3:03am On Oct 07, 2015
Kk
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 07, 2015
[email] The end is near. Lets run to Jesus and be saved from the evil of this present generation cos the days are evil. Jesus Christ is Lord [/email]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by faray: 4:36am On Oct 07, 2015
ok
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by passionate88: 5:12am On Oct 07, 2015
fake policeman, who identified himself as Joel Ojo, said
the guns and the police Identity Card recovered from the
gang were given to him by a friend who is a policeman.
He gave the police officer’s name simply as Muhammed, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who he said was based at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
That name , bringing wickedness to the world since

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Atimes the kind of news u hear in NIGERIA makes one loose hope in this country, we are all fighting to eradicate corruption and bring peace to NIGERIANS, those we entrust with this objective are busy joining hands with the bad eggs. "anyways this change that BUHARI promised has been felt already, one by one hand don dey touch them.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by ijustdey: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2015
when you think you have heard it all........

you are bombard with another new thing from our able policemen

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by MadCow1: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
The Same Police wey give una Gun na ehn still arrest una.. grin

No be Today we start to know say the Police is not your Friend

grin

8 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by dave2meek(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigerian police are criminals in uniform
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
Highly pathetic! When the ones employed to protect are the ones in cases like this, where do you run to? Only God can protect.

Some people will enter fire even before Satan!

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by damton(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigerian police is the number one crime facilitator in this country. This just proves the Dysfunctional system we have in nigeria, where security agencies have now become crime accomplice.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Lord3point5: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
K
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by manchester1: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
naija police is a problem to us. I can only join if d is no oda job in d world
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by harmiefash(f): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2015
Nawao
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by passionate88: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
Dull government with a dull police force.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
One of our major problems in this country is the police!

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by chapatti: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
www-naijavoice-com-ng/">Who Owns The Tire
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by menix(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
A man who puts his trust upon the Nigerian Police is like a man who built his house upon the sand.

Police are thieve nd thieves re Police, the earlier we know the better we start undercover policing...

For the Ojo's in the house I hail oo..
Well for Muhammed, we all know nothing good comes from that name.

4 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Dannyset(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
How can you be a robber and still be driving against traffic? What kind of afojudi is that? These people don take us for granted finish.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Opinedecandid(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2015
That is what they do every time.

No corrupt law enforcement officers, no corruption.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by ikombe: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2015
58 years old undecided

CHAI this world has finished

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by Lilimax(f): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Naija!
Btw, the story get K-leg to me embarassed
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by chris4gold(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
madridguy:
Evil people..... Send them to inbox with immediate effect.

Inbox bawo, why not spam?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by donsteady(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Something is wrong with this country

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by brize(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Muhammed.. SMH

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by brize(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Kill them all
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by hensben(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
NPF!!! Hmm

1 Like

Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by laurel03(m): 9:06am On Oct 07, 2015
9ja Police again.... Nigeria police really need reforms....
Re: Policeman Gave Us Guns - Gang Of 5 Confesses by ikombe: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Lilimax:
Naija!
wetin do naija undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Frees Rapist Who Battered Victim In Ibadan / Nnemelu Shalon Ifeoma, Missing UNN Student (Photos) / 26-Yr-old Man Beats-up His Mother For Not Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.