Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) (40086 Views)

"I Stole 4 Cars In Just 4 Months" - Suspect Confesses. See How Much He Sold Them / I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Islie: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2015
The Lagos State Police Command on Tuesday paraded Onyebuchi Jennifer, who was arrested in Anambra State for stealing a baby in Lagos State.

She said she stole the baby in the Ajegunle area of Lagos and fled to Anambra State so that her lover could pay her bride price and marry her.

The 26-year-old added that she had lied to her lover in Okija, Anambra State, that the baby was the fruit of their relationship.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Tuesday that the police arrested Jennifer for allegedly stealing the nine-month-old baby and fleeing with him for four days to Okija, Anambra State.

It had been reported that Jennifer, who also hails from Anambra, had befriended the baby’s mother, Aina Adetola, for about two weeks, before she carried out the act on Saturday, September 26.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Jennifer, who claimed to be an orphan, said she got started living with the man in Anambra State in October 2014, adding that he refused to pay her bride price until she had a child for him.

The suspect, who said she came to Lagos in June 2015 to look for a way to get pregnant, added that she took the baby to her lover to convince him to pay her bride price.

She said, “My mother died when I was in primary five. My father had died a few years earlier. My parents had two of us; but a few years ago, my elder sister died during childbirth. So, I was left alone in Anambra State without any relation.

“I gave birth to a child in 2010, but he died after six months. Last year, I met a man who promised to marry me after I had had a child for him.

“We started living together in October 2014. I was pregnant, but after three months, I had a miscarriage. I was troubled, and started running after traditional doctors and hospitals, but to no avail. I decided to come to Lagos to work and find a way to get a baby. I came to Lagos in June 2015.

“So, I came to the Ajegunle area and I got a job as a fuel attendant. While I was working, I met the baby’s mother and we became friends.

“On that Saturday, I went to her shop, which was near the filling station. I said I was going to the Boundary area to buy an item and I would carry her baby with me. She did not object. So, I took the baby from her, and boarded a bus to Anambra State to meet my lover.”

Jennifer added that she bought baby foods to keep the boy healthy after lying to her lover that the baby was theirs.

She said, “I did this so that he could pay my bride price and marry me. I did not tell the baby’s mother that I was taking him to Anambra. We left on Saturday and got to my place on Sunday. I had the intention to bring the baby back after my bride price had been paid. I lied to my husband that I had been pregnant before I left and gave birth to the baby while in Lagos.

He believed me, and I took good care of the baby for four days before the police showed up in our apartment.

“My lover immediately dissociated himself from me. He had not paid the bride price before the police arrested me.”

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, the boy’s father, Adeniyi Adetola, said he was glad to be reunited with his child, adding that the police did a good job for his family.

He said, “We are taking the boy to the hospital for further treatment today (Tuesday). The mother and I are happy to have our baby boy back. The baby is my second child, and I appreciate the police for doing a good job on this case. I also appreciate God.”

The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the command would not tolerate criminals in the state.

“The command is doing all it should to bring crimes to the barest minimum, and we want the general public to always avail us of information to be able to do this,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/i-stole-baby-to-have-my-bride-price-paid/

Picture 1: Onyebuchi Jennifer that's stole the baby
Picture 2: the baby and the parents

1 Share

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by HungerBAD: 7:11am On Oct 07, 2015
Everyday, when i read about what people do, i start to lose faith in humanity.

So, presenting him with a stolen baby would have made him pay your bride price?women with desperation for husband's all over the World, is starting to take a very dangerous dimension now.

Lets even start with the man. She left you in June,with a flat stomach. And then came back in September with a Baby?and you somehow thought the baby was yours?conceived,delivered and brought to you the father in 4 Months?this guy is not telling the Police the truth, as something tells me he knows more than what he is letting on.

I am not a Religious person, but i know that even in the Bible, Jesus stayed in Mary's Stomach for 9 Months. If there is a Baby that should have been born in 4 Months, that person would have been Jesus Christ of Nazareth, and that is why i am puzzled as to why the man did not ask her HOW YOU WAKA?

At the end of the day, she the thief is a Victim/Product of an harsh Society. An Orphan, no relatives, no Education, no Trade and all she wishes for in her life, is to have somebody to call her husband.

But, hold on.

If she has no relative, who is the guy suppose to pay the Bride Price to then? the story does not add up, and now the pity i was starting to feel for her has just disappeared again.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by xreal: 7:12am On Oct 07, 2015
This family story is scary...too much deaths.
Mother died, father died, only sibling died during childbirth, and again miscariage.

Police con burst her 'good' plan.

Mtscheeew!

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Magician1503(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Eeyah cry

Very touching story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2015
Jesus wept

Am seriously crying. Very bad

Lack of knowledge everywhere. leading people to quick destruction.

May God have mercy on us

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Emmafrancis: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2015
Na wah oooo. This Jennifer is stupiid
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by sirxbit(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2015
Wonders shall neva end
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Chanchit: 7:29am On Oct 07, 2015
Na wa o, who go bail her now as she no get family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by whirlwind7(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
The heart of man is so deep and can be unfathomable!
She went this length just to make a man pay her bride price? Makes no sense at all. Since she has no other relation, who is the bride price going to be paid to? Why place so much emphasis on it?

Of course she is never going to return that baby to it's parents if the police didn't catch up with her.
As for the men in uniform, I reluctantly say, nice job! I am not your fan yet, and I'm not in a hurry to become one. But you guys did well this time.

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by igbsam(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Stupid girl
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by CountDracula(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
*mouth wide open*
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by lekan29ice(m): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2015
End time
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by ijustdey: 7:39am On Oct 07, 2015
the girl and his lover boy(bf) are just stupid...

how can a man accept a baby who is 9months old as his baby when he knows you two met just a year ago to start a relationship

is she going to get pregnant, raise the baby to almost that age in a year...

to the lady, the law doesn't show pity, so I don't think I pity you also.
before a crime is committed, am sure you must have weight the consequences if caught
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by jasssbabe(f): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2015
Becos of bride price?? Igbos and bride price grin. He will pay ur bride price while u are in prison

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Babe2sure(f): 8:01am On Oct 07, 2015
The lady's story does not add up. She and the boyfriend had ulterior motives. They both connived to steal a child. She only cooked up the bride price story to gain sympathy and make the policemen lenient on her.

And she could not divulge whatever it was they both wanted to use the child for, because of the heavier consequences.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Simitrendy: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2015

She has no evidence to justify for this evil she has done.

We have orphans without relations making it.

She must face the music.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by omusiliyu(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Ndigbo should review the gargantuan sum on money on their daughters.

Children are not for sale

6 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2015
I only came to connfirm the identity and I wasn`t surprise

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by maxiuc(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Hehehehehe E don happen
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by kingpole: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2015
Crazy story if it's true.
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by maxiuc(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2015
Oya tribal freaks food don done ooo
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by funmilade4real(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2015
Omo Aale

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Picture 1: Onyebuchi Jennifer that's stole the baby

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by OgologoDimkpa: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Nkan mbe embarassed
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by MegMich(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Modified

No disrespect to 'em ladies; just irritated.

Recently, on countless occasion, ladies keep falling prey to this over-rated illusion, "marriage"

# I know a lot of friend's friends who are currently pregnant and leaving with a guy. Married? You bet.

# A lady apparently willing to get pregnant; a prerequisite the guy presented before he can propose.

# A lady physically abuse, yet willing to stay put and craving to hear those words, "will you marry me". Why? Biological clock is ticking.

I really don't blame anyone but the parents and our culture. From day one, these people prepare and mount pressure on young girls, allegedly preparing for marriage.

It is an axiomatic fact that only the female folk bear the illustrious title Chief (Mrs), Dr. (Mrs), Engineer(Mrs) and even Magistrate(Mrs). Mrs. Somebody(unfortunately, who? matters less). Have you ever seen Dr.(Mr) and stuffs like that.

Sit close to a lady for 10 minutes, check well, 9 minutes must have been spent discussing marriage related issues.

Tell me why they won't be gullible to the ever ambitious Naija guys who use these ladies as pawn.

Take your pick, he either dupes you or uses you. N. B, there are good men out there.. .oh!

Ladies, guys are getting smart, you really have to gird your loins

Don't get it twisted, marriage is a beautiful things only when the key fits the lock. This only happens in the context of finding the right partner. The supposed 'missing rib'.

You were happy before marriage, don't ever throw that away because you want to be addressed and seen as a married lady.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by kennyman2000(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by Balkan(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
You look finish ordinary yoruba child you wan bring to igbo land. Am not sure you are real igbo. Thank you were caught otherwise he will grow and to soother Agboro in igbo land.

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by olexjay(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
MegMich:
D
D for Dog
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by jenyna: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Why d name Jennifer? Lesson learnt trust no one
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by olexjay(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Balkan:
K
K for Kettle
Re: ‘I Stole Baby To Have My Bride Price Paid’ (Pictures) by niggi4life(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Check out the picture of the baby, he/she is way over a year old, so the story does not add up at all.
The lady and the boyfriend connived together to steal a baby, most likely for rituals

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

73-Year-Old Man Who Impregnated 14-Year-Old Girl In Lagos, Arrested. Photos / Son Burns Down His Father's House In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / NAPTIP Releases Identities Of Convicted Rapists In Nigeria Since 2015 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.