Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! (1103 Views)

New Photos Of Buhari, Aisha, Kayode Fayemi In London Emerge / Presidency: The North Is Unstoppable Till 2023 — Yerima / Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by wjxavier(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Governor Kayode Fayemi may be Unstoppable Afterall -Despite His Corrupt Baggage!

Don’t hate me for this. I probably dislike Kayode Fayemi more than you do. However, recent findings indicate a different kind of game at play –a game for tough minds. Kayode Fayemi will be minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the heavens will not fall.

fayemi minsterial

Sorry, if you are the kind of person whose definition of good and evil is limited to black and white, then this article will cost you at least your appetite for food. In a worst case scenario, it will cost you your hope in a better Nigeria. Yet, hate it or love it, it is what it is. Politics is what we call it.

The race for ministerial appointments in the Buhari administration has had the entire nation transfixed with bated breath for weeks now. Like the perfect blockbuster movie, the pendulum of our collective emotion has swung from shock, to joy, and shock again especially with the eventual release of the ministerial list.

If many were shocked, they are still outnumbered by those of us whose bellies swirl in the nausea of an anti-climax. Social media is awash with memes, cartoons, and borderline hysteria from the viewing public.

In today’s edition of The Nation newspaper, we find a report which if anything, is preposterous.

download (7) copy

Ekiti Jubiliates on Fayemi’s Nomination.

As a resident of Ekiti, I have had to call my cab driver who hails from Isan Ekiti, the hometown of Ex-Governor Kayode Fayemi. My aim was to find out if indeed the people of Ekiti in that town indeed celebrated the nomination. The answer was a resounding No.

The truth is that Kayode Fayemi is as unpopular in Ekiti as a household pest. He is even less popular than the party (APC) which he single-handedly ran aground in the state.

Ever since the rumours of his name coming up in the list, even staunch party members have prayed fervidly against it. Yet, as though the heavens were sealed, their prayers are obviously unanswered.

I must confess also that I was planning a 1,000 strong protest of youths at the city center (fajuyi park) when details of what went down began seeping in. As it turns out, Fayemi’s bid is signed, sealed and delivered by the strongest voices in the nation.

One lesson I took from the TV series, Game of Thrones, is the futility of prayers, requests, demands and protests in fact. No matter how you feel about it, the people who get what they want in this life are the ones who have something that the other man wants.

According to my source, it all began with Fayemi’s primal desire for power. Ever since he was soundly defeated by Ayo Fayose in his re-election bid of June 2014, JKF has been uncomfortable with his own face in the mirror as a common man.

images (11)

The thing with desire is that it rises to the point where you will give your ANYTHING, in exchange for the object of your desire –as in the case of the God of Christians, who gave his only begotten son to save humanity.

Thus one day, two ex-governors Segun Oni and Kayode Fayemi sat to talk desires. Every Ekiti man will agree that Segun Oni remains the best governor Ekiti has had so far. It was quite unfortunate that he was ousted in the controversial court judgement that till date, serves as the albatross on the neck of Justice Ayo Salami.

The reader will recall that Fayemi had already being disqualified based on findings of the DSS, as was widely reported in the news. This left two potential nominees: Segun Oni and Femi Falana. The problem however was that Femi Falana was not a “real party member”. Segun Oni on the other hand, had his eyes elsewhere –the government house.

“Segun Oni is one man of whom it can be said that he forgot something in the government house. He was shamefully removed, and all his achievements usurped. His photo was even removed from the rank of former governors of the state. He has been nursing the ambition of a return, ever since.” said my source.

It was therefore easy for wily Kayode Fayemi to seduce Segun Oni into a deal that would purportedly land him in government house, come 2018. All that the ever-trusting Engineer needed to do was lead him, Fayemi, to his godfather, the Ebora of Otta.

otta

On getting to Otta, the General had a shocker waiting. While Segun Oni had already secured Fayemi’s pledge for his guber ambition, the Otta trip threatened to be a complete disaster as the unforgiving General turned Fayemi down. Fayemi’s past tirades against the general were still fresh in his memory. “No way, Segun. I cannot support this boy!” Baba said quietly. “Secondly, I will not even consider supporting any move against Bola Tinubu. Go and settle with him first.”

Fayemi lay prostrate begging Baba for over an hour, until it became obvious that the general would not yield. Segun Oni had fulfilled his part of bringing Fayemi to Baba, even if it was a disaster.

The following week, Fayemi journeyed to Kaduna. He was one of few Nigerians who know that Baba and the diminutive Nasir El-Rufai remain very very close. Contrary to insinuations that Fayemi wanted El-Rufai to talk to the president, the goal was to get him to appeal to Baba.

Here, the wily nature of man should receive a trophy.

Nasir was reluctant to talk to Baba, on grounds of better knowledge of how to win the aging general. From all indications, Fayemi’s next steps were based upon advice from Governor EL Rufai.

It was in the final moments of preparation for the United Nations General Assembly in New York City. Insiders reveal that the last minute inclusion of General Obasanjo on the list of delegates was completely based on pressure from Fayemi.

Away from the maddening crowd of 170 million Nigerians, 14 million of whom roam the internet seeking which leader to devour, a most implausible group of four sat to discuss #TheList.

General Obasanjo, having just devoured a tasty dish of world-class “venison du new york” from his new adopted son, Kayode Fayemi was eager to discuss #TheList with the president.

Naturally, President Buhari, having read the DSS report was reluctant to agree to Baba’s suggestions. Right there in their New York hotel room meeting, the president made a politically fatal mistake. Apparently, his plan was to get rid of them by the hand of their own in such a way that he would remain blameless in their sight.

The president told them he would have to call the Jagaban first.

“Sir, you are the president, and I cannot say no to your nomination. Fayemi, and even Fashola are my sons. Whatever you decide is very okay with me sir.”

CHECKMATE

Any adult Nigerian knows that when Government chooses you, no man can judge you. Thus, it happened that all Fayemi’s financial sins got washed away in one day from a hotel room in the Big Apple.

In one desperate, fell swoop, Fayemi purged himself of his sins, and “merged” the 3 political conglomerates viz Obasanjo, Buhari and the Jagaban to secure his dream.

Much has been said in the news about the sins of Tunde Fashola, erstwhile Lagos State governor. All these revelations pale in the light of Fayemi’s reign of financial terrorism.
9 Billion Naira Contract for the supply of Chlorine to Ekiti State Water works.
100 million naira contract for the supply of Sallah rams to imams in the state.
4 Billion naira contract for the planting of flowers in the beautification of the State capital.
1.2 Billion for 1 kilometre of roads in Ekiti.
The list is long and scary. I had, myself, in May 2014 written him a letter on the strength of the freedom of information act, requesting full disclosure on details of these and other contracts eg 6 Billion for laptops for secondary school students. I never got a reply –a terse display of zero respect for the rule of law.

Yet, despite all the obvious signs, this man has shown Nigeria that politics is not about black and white. Rather, it is about the 36 shades of grey.

It is no mean feat, and it surely deserves rounds of political applause.

How such cunning manipulation of man and events was powerless to secure him a second term in 2014 still remains the riddle of the century.

CAVEAT: Similarities with identities in real life are purely coincidental. Oya, arrest me make I see. Hehehehehe!

http://wajuabraham.com/breaking-ex-governor-kayode-fayemi-may-be-unstoppable-afterall-despite-his-corrupt-baggage/

Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by Mogidi: 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Fayemi's N50mil bed as governor, by 2019 he'd be rocking N1Bil bed.

Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by wjxavier(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
The revelations scare me for my political ambitions, as well as for the future of our nation.

Logic is not what rules in the steering of this political Titanic called Nigeria.
Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by akins56(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
with all this political maneuvering by fayemi, then he his a good diplomat who knows how to manipulate himself to power, he his fit to be our foreign minister.
Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by wjxavier(m): 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
akins56:
with all this political maneuvering by fayemi, then he his a good diplomat who knows how to manipulate himself to power, he his fit to be our foreign minister.

So we should forgive his kleptomania based on his cunning abi smh
Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by dataideas: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi May Be Unstoppable Afterall -despite Corrupt baggage! by malkam: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Femi Ojudu is a better candidate

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Files N500m Suit Against Metuh, Alleges Defamation / Block 6, Block 7, Come Out And Let’s Insult Ourselves. An interesting read. / Tribunal Rejects Application To Adjourn Saraki’s Trial Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.