Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? (1161 Views)

Biafra: Reason Buhari Belongs To Only Katsina – Chief Ezeife / I Don’t Think Buhari Is Naive - Alhassan Declares After Visiting Aso Rock / Pics.if Aisha Buhari Belongs To The Kitchen She...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
After the ministerial list came out, i am beginning to wonder if buhari really belongs to everybody and nobody as claimed.

When i saw amechi on the list, it seemed to me like buhari belonged to those that invested financially in his campaign and not everybody.

If he belonged to nobody, why didnt he compel amechi to go and defend himself in rivers before appointment.

What about fashola and the 78m website, is that not corruption?

Why is he meeting dogara and sariki tonight? He should let sariki face the music.

Why is he begging the PDP senators to accept the ministers? He should let those on the list defend themselves from any allegations of corruption.

Why is he interested in probing deziani and the rest and turn blind eye to ellegations against amechi and fashola?

Cant he order efcc and icpc to investigate as he has donr the efcc boss?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by Ini22(f): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:
After the ministerial list came out, i am beginning to wonder if buhari really belongs to everybody and nobody as claimed.

When i saw amechi on the list, it seemed to me like buhari belonged to those that invested financially in his campaign and not everybody.

If he belonged to nobody, why didnt he compel amechi to go and defend himself in rivers before appointment.

What about fashola and the 78m website, is that not corruption?

Why is he meeting dogara and sariki tonight? He should let sariki face the music.

Why is he begging the PDP senators to accept the ministers? He should let those on the list defend themselves from any allegations of corruption.

Why is he interested in probing deziani and the rest and turn blind eye to ellegations against amechi and fashola?

Cant he order efcc and icpc to investigate as he has donr the efcc boss?

Of course not. Some parts of PMB belong to Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola. Its the way it is. Even God almighty had favourites e.g David, Solomon despite their obvious flaws.

Even atiku donated cash to Buhari campaign but he knows there's a limit to what he can ask for from PMB. I don't think its only about the cash. Even the way Aisha spoke of Amaechi at one interview after the elections told me Amaechi belongs to the inner sanctum.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

Of course not. Some parts of PMB belong to Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola. Its the way it is. Even God almighty had favourites e.g David, Solomon despite their obvious flaws.

Even atiku donated cash to Buhari campaign but he knows there's a limit to what he can ask for from PMB. I don't think its only about the cash. Even the way Aisha spoke of Amaechi at one interview after the elections told me Amaechi belongs to the inner sanctum.

In other words he belongs to amechi and not the people of rivers state who's resources are in question. Same goes to Fashola.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:

In other words he belongs to amechi and not the people of rivers state who's resources are in question. Same goes to Fashola.

You might say that and you'll not be wrong. Like I said earlier, it is what it is and there's nothing you or i can do about it.

Everybody has a price.....the only issue is discovering it

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

You might say that and you'll not be wrong. Like I said earlier, it is what it is and there's nothing you or i can do about it.

Everybody has a price.....the only issue is discovering it

Thats good, this shows that Buhari of those days is still the same today. No wonder the incorruptible general said abacha is a saint.

So if abacha was a saint to PMB who am i to complain about amechi and fashola.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:

Thats good, this shows that Buhari of those days is still the same today. No wonder the incorruptible general said abacha is a saint.

So if abacha was a saint to PMB who am i to complain about amechi and fashola.

Its what it is my friend.....its the way the world is.

If you're waiting for an utopian dream, you'll dry up in your sentry position. There's no ideal or perfect person or situation anywhere. What we have are approximations and PMB is the best approximation to the kind of leader Nigeria needs now. I admit this is my personal opinion and you're entitled to yours but heck...even pa Edwin Clark seems to reason along same lines these days cool

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/edwin-clark-backs-buhari-says-jonathan-too-gentle-to-fight-corruption/
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by datola: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Yes, because there seems not to be any power block influence in/on the appointments.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by yanabasee(m): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

Its what it is my friend.....its the way the world is.

If you're waiting for an utopian dream, you'll dry up in your sentry position. There's no ideal or perfect person or situation anywhere. What we have are approximations and PMB is the best approximation to the kind of leader Nigeria needs now. I admit this is my personal opinion and you're entitled to yours but heck...even pa Edwin Clark seems to reason along same lines these days cool

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/edwin-clark-backs-buhari-says-jonathan-too-gentle-to-fight-corruption/

Buhari isn't the best approximation when discussion leadership... Buhari isn't a democrat... The very reason he's finding it very difficult to nominate his ministers.. If at all he is... Then people like Amaechi and Fashola wouldn't have made the list... There are credible and more qualified APC members or non-party personnels who can manage that space as ministers. But greed and obstinacy wouldn't let him select credible individuals.

Buhari ministerial nominees are just about the party circle. I was actually thinking that, he'll nominate individuals outside his party bewilderment.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2015

yanabasee:

Buhari isn't the best approximation when discussion leadership... Buhari isn't a democrat... The very reason he's finding it very difficult to nominate his ministers.. If at all he is... Then people like Amaechi and Fashola wouldn't have made the list... There are credible and more qualified APC members or non-party personnels who can manage that space as ministers. But greed and obstinacy wouldn't let him select credible individuals.

Buhari ministerial nominees are just about the party circle. I was actually thinking that, he'll nominate individuals outside his party bewilderment.

My friend, every single Nigerian that has held any notable office has corruption in his system no matter how minute. I read a book sometime ago titled "the beautiful ones are not yet born". It could actually have been titled " the honest ones are not yet born" and that is the case with Nigeria.

For Buhari to survive politically, he needs to be seen to carry along those who stood by him, when folks like you called him the devil.

Mention 21 Nigerians you know that will scale through an anti-corruption test and I might start believing you.

My friend your anger is at being disappointed that PMB didn't give you a chance to laugh Amaechi to scorn for being used and dumped.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by yanabasee(m): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

My friend, every single Nigerian that has held any notable office has corruption in his system no matter how minute. I read a book sometime ago titled "the beautiful ones are not yet born". It could actually have been titled " the honest ones are not yet born" and that is the case with Nigeria.

For Buhari to survive politically, he needs to be seen to carry along those who stood by him, when folks like you called him the devil.

Mention 21 Nigerians you know that will scale through an anti-corruption test and I might start believing you.

My friend your anger is at being disappointed that PMB didn't give you a chance to laugh Amaechi to scorn for being used and dumped.

As far as you've admitted that no politician is a saint.. Why then did Buhari announce to the world that his minister will be without any trace of corruption? Why then is he fighting corruption but hunting non-party members?

I should list Just 21 Nigerians that are incorruptible?

Aside politicians, you should know that we have many qualified persons... I wouldn't start listing names that u'll ask me what their qualification is and then another criticism...

But I'll state categorically that Buhari would have been more honest with himself and with the CHANGE catchphrase which he used as his campaign trademark, by appointing incorruptible persons as ministers, rather than appointing Amaechi that is evading a Tribunal set for in Rivers state.

Buhari never survived politically... He lied to get into power. He lied about CHANGE, he lied about his manifesto, He lied about himself as a changed dictator. He lied about his wealth and asset.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

If every Nigerian who has held a position is corrupt, then buhari should forget about the past administration and draw the line.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
yanabasee:

As far as you've admitted that no politician is a saint.. Why then did Buhari announce to the world that his minister will be without any trace of corruption? Why then is he fighting corruption but hunting non-party members?

I should list Just 21 Nigerians that are incorruptible?

Aside politicians, you should know that we have many qualified persons... I wouldn't start listing names that u'll ask me what their qualification is and then another criticism...

But I'll state categorically that Buhari would have been more honest with himself and with the CHANGE catchphrase which he used as his campaign trademark.

Buhari never survived politically... He lied to get into power. He lied about CHANGE, he lied about his manifesto, He lied about himself as a changed dictator. He lied about his wealth and asset.

Of course he needed a catch phrase and the political gurus created the CHANGE mantra. You might claim you've not seeing any change. You might even prophesy you'll never see any but its immaterial. I listen to folks like Olisa Agbakoba (who have every reason to hate PMB) affirm on channels TV that there is a new spirit at play in the country courtesy of the man we have in Aso Rock and I realise not everyone sees it the same way as you. I go to a filling station today and I pay 870 for 10ltrs and they give me exactly 10ltrs and I realise things are a lot different. I'll always prefer it like this my friend.

Political offices are not like bank jobs that you go write a test for, you pass and you become a minister. That is very naive thinking. Through all the promises, I knew the man has political debts to pay and I wasn't deluding myself. In fact I'd have been disappointed if Amaechi, Fashola and Fayemi missed out.

My dear, your saints are still saints because they've not tasted political office and they will never taste political office because they have no sponsor.

Maybe PMB lied about some things, I'm not keeping scores. My rallying cry throughout the elections was that we've had a devil in charge for 5 years from the coven that had ruled for 16years. It was the perfect time to try another devil from another coven. And I tell you, PMB is a better devil than GEJ will ever be even if APC can hardly be differentiated from PDP

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:

If every Nigerian who has held a position is corrupt, then buhari should forget about the past administration and draw the line.

Yeah....that would have been the easy thing to do but with Olisa Metuh and you ready to point out how he's ruining the country despite the horrible crash in oil prices, he has to try to squeeze whatever he can out of them.

Politics is a complex game my friend......and an amoral one for that matter
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

Of course he needed a catch phrase and the political gurus created the CHANGE mantra. You might claim you've not seeing any change. You might even prophesy you'll never see any but its immaterial. I listen to folks like Olisa Agbakoba (who have every reason to hate PMB) affirm on channels TV that there is a new spirit at play in the country courtesy of the man we have in Aso Rock and I realise not everyone sees it the same way as you. I go to a filling station today and I pay 870 for 10ltrs and they give me exactly 10ltrs and I realise things are a lot different. I'll always prefer it like this my friend.

Political offices are not like bank jobs that you go write a test for, you pass and you become a minister. That is very naive thinking. Through all the promises, I knew the man has political debts to pay and I wasn't deluding myself. In fact I'd have been disappointed if Amaechi, Fashola and Fayemi missed out.

My dear, your saints are still saints because they've not tasted political office and they will never taste political office because they have no sponsor.

Maybe PMB lied about some things, I'm not keeping scores. My rallying cry throughout the elections was that we've had a devil in charge for 5 years from the coven that had ruled for 16years. It was the perfect time to try another devil from another coven. And I tell you, PMB is a better devil than GEJ will ever be.

Why is it that its easier for people to compare PMBs administration with with Gejs on the positive side, but when its time to compare on the negative the same people say its too early to compare.

Do you know that thousands of Nigerians have been killed by BH since buhari took over?

Do you know that thousands of Nigerians have lost their jobs since buhari took over.?

Do you know that unemployment rate has increased in this administration.?

Do you know that inflation rate has gone up under pmb?

Do you know that the stock market is on the downside?

What use is selling fuel at 30 naira a litter when people cant afford it?

I guess its too early to compare.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
theV0ice:

Yeah....that would have been the easy thing to do but with Olisa Metuh and you ready to point out how he's ruining the country despite the horrible crash in oil prices, he has to try to squeeze whatever he can out of them.

Politics is a complex game my friend......and an amoral one for that matter

Fashola and Amechi also have juice lol, they are squeezable.
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:

Fashola and Amechi also have juice lol, they are squeezable.

cheesy cheesy

I won't doubt u
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by sunnyt1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Only an unredeemable clown will believe in any Nigeria polititian
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
mekaboy:

Why is it that its easier for people to compare PMBs administration with with Gejs on the positive side, but when its time to compare on the negative the same people say its too early to compare.

Do you know that thousands of Nigerians have been killed by BH since buhari took over?

As bad as it is comparing this particular issue, I dare say if GEJ had acted like an executive president with full powers instead if waiting for 6 weeks before elections, we won't be having BH operating today. In any case, over 15,000 died under GEJ. Maybe we should wait to attain that figure under PMB before we compare

Do you know that thousands of Nigerians have lost their jobs since buhari took over.?

Do you know that unemployment rate has increased in this administration.?

Thousands lost jobs in banks between December 2009 and 2013 under GEJ. Do you know all IOC's did mass sack under GEJ betwern 2013 and 2015? Moreover, okonjo iweala already warned in February that irrespective of who won the elections, Nigeria was heading for disaster. I thank PMB that its not being worse than it is

Do you know that inflation rate has gone up under pmb?

I agree

Do you know that the stock market is on the downside?

No. Its been fluctuating as it normally does. The bulls have it sometimes and the bears triumph sometimes. It's the way the market behaves.

What use is selling fuel at 30 naira a litter when people cant afford it?

Don't tell me you can't afford fuel?

I guess its too early to compare.

Yes my friend.....4 months is way too early for a serious minded person to compare

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by mekaboy(m): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2015
theV0ice:

As bad as it is comparing this particular issue, I dare say if GEJ had acted like an executive president with full powers instead if waiting for 6 weeks before elections, we won't be having BH operating today. In any case, over 15,000 died under GEJ. Maybe we should wait to attain that figure under PMB before we compare

Thousands lost jobs in banks between December 2009 and 2013 under GEJ. Do you know all IOC's did mass sack under GEJ betwern 2013 and 2015? Moreover, okonjo iweala already warned in February that irrespective of who won the elections, Nigeria was heading for disaster. I thank PMB that its not being worse than it is

I agree

No. Its been fluctuating as it normally does. The bulls have it sometimes and the bears triumph sometimes. It's the way the market behaves.

Don't tell me you can't afford fuel?

Yes my friend.....4 months is way too early for a serious minded person to compare

Im not saying i can't afford fuel, but as people are loosing their source of livelihood, its of no use to them if u sell fuel for 30 naira when they dont have money.

I would blame buhari for the bokoharam menace. He and the northern leaders through their utterances brainwashed the northern youths to believe GEJ and the army were the enemies while bokoharam were their friends. For selfish political interest he turned the northern youths against the govt and had them feed to bokoharam monster, so that he can ride on its back to victory.

He called the bokoharam my people and pointed at Gej as the enemy.

If he condemned the sect early enough, the north would have risen against them with support of the military and flush them out. But for political points he decided to sympathise with them. The monster has grown beyond them, and has to feed on them to stay alive.

Check unemployment rate under Gej amd compare to PMB .
Re: Do You Still Think Buhari Belongs To NOBODY? by theV0ice: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2015
mekaboy:

Im not saying i can't afford fuel, but as people are loosing their source of livelihood, its of no use to them if u sell fuel for 30 naira when they dont have money.

Folks were losing jobs under GEJ. In fact for the first time, IOC's embarked on a sacking spree, Banks had record sackings....all under GEJ

I would blame buhari for the bokoharam menace. He and the northern leaders through their utterances brainwashed the northern youths to believe GEJ and the army were the enemies while bokoharam were their friends. For selfish political interest he turned the northern youths against the govt and had them feed to bokoharam monster, so that he can ride on its back to victory.

This is where it was evident GEJ wasn't a presidential material. You can see PMB ignore all the childish wailings from his haters. Call him a dictator, he couldn't care less because he knows he wont go far if he listens to every half baked critic. That's what the BH menace required. Ignore them and do what is needed to be done. But of course GEJ had moments when he refused to listen. When he too acted like a dictator...e.g when it comes to defending his stars like Diezani on issues of corruption but when it came to BH, he became a Sissy scared of telling the northerners off.

He called the bokoharam my people and pointed at Gej as the enemy.

GEJ also called BH his siblings....I'm waiting for u to condemn him

If he condemned the sect early enough, the north would have risen against them with support of the military and flush them out. But for political points he decided to sympathise with them. The monster has grown beyond them, and has to feed on them to stay alive.

Was Buhari the president? Did OBJ wait for Edwin Clark to condemn the murder of 12 policemen by Egbesu boys in Odi before sending in soldiers for the overkill? GEJ had Ihejirika...a tough chief of army staff. He didn't need Buhari permission to do the needful but then, we all knew he was only a president in name but totally in presidential in demeanour, thoughts and actions.

Check unemployment rate under Gej amd compare to PMB .

PMB has only spent 4 months in office....a serious analyst can't be comparing that now.

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Reveals Why He Left PDP For APC / Bola Tinubu Mourns Emir Who Turbanned Him 'Jagaban Borgu' / Caption This Photo Of Buhari & Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi On The Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.