Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? (830 Views)

Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff / A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by toksytee: 11:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
As the head of a fledging nursery/primary school, what is most appropriate to do when a classroom teacher is detected to be HIV positive?
Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by HungerBAD: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
The answer is pretty simple.

Fire the teacher and fire the teacher now.

Those shouting the teacher should not be discriminated against are jokers. The Society makes some exception for the protection of a certain class of people.

Children, the old and the sick.

If this teacher was working in like, say the banking, telecom or the oil sector. He would be dealing with adult's, now putting an Hiv positive person with kids, who are very vulnerable, is not only dangerous, but out rightly endangering the future of those innocent kid's.

Let's say, he starts infecting the kids, via some drop of blood in a bottle of Fanta, every other day? Who would know? These are kids and will run to him for more Fanta or Coke.

I have read here, how fathers, step father's and men with Hiv deliberately sleep with either their daughters, or innocent young kids, so as to pass it to them.

In the United States, people working in the Military, Schools and the food sector(fast food) , are seriously tested for Hiv, and a follow up every other 6 months.

If anybody is positive, it is out the door. It is not a discriminatory measure, it is done to protect the larger public from the risk of getting infected.

If I know the Name of your School, I will go round all the media houses to broadcast the name.

You do not endanger other people's kids.

Sack him/her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by tenderlaw(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nothing. It does not affect teaching. By d way, that result should have been private.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Since you no know wetin to do,I strongly advice say you Bleep am if na female while if na male you KILL am.#iranu.
Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by divinehand2003(m): 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
Any attempt to ostracize, discriminate or stigmatize a person living with HIV is a criminal offence in our world today. So my advise is for you to encourage them to live positively without adding to their problems.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by igwedaboss(m): 12:34am On Oct 08, 2015
It's a sensitive issue, so please approach with utmost care. You can not discriminate, if not, what are you teaching/preaching? With this, you still have the obligation of keeping the students safe. Meet a professional for advice. What I will 'suggest' is call for a meeting and present do's and don't for the protection of the pupils.
Don't let he/she lose her job. More mental breakdown...
All the best.

1 Like

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by Miami11: 2:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Ignorance kills people more than anything

How does teaching relate to Hiv infection,( do you even know how many hiv infected people that are walking, working in places without knowing their status

Here in New York there is an Hiv doctor practicing,leave the poor man to work

3 Likes

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 08, 2015
op,what's your own HIV status.

1 Like

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by Dereformer(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2015
HungerBAD:

Those shouting the teacher should not be discriminated against are jokers. The Society makes some exception for the protection of a certain class of people.

If this teacher was working in like, say the banking, telecom or the oil sector. He would be dealing with adult's, now putting an Hiv positive person with kids, who are very vulnerable, is not only dangerous, but out rightly endangering the future of those innocent kid's.

Let's say, he starts infecting the kids, via some drop of blood in a bottle of Fanta, every other day? Who would know? These are kids and will run to him for more Fanta or Coke.

I have read here, how fathers, step father's and men with Hiv deliberately sleep with either their daughters, or innocent young kids, so as to pass it to them.

In the United States, people working in the Military, Schools and the food sector(fast food) , are seriously tested for Hiv, and a follow up every other 6 months.

If anybody is positive, it is out the door. It is not a discriminatory measure, it is done to protect the larger public from the risk of getting infected.

If I know the Name of your School, I will go round all the media houses to broadcast the name.

Sack him/her.

You think one get HIV by drinking fanta mixed with HIV infected blood? Please go and get educated about HIV. You know nothing about it.

3 Likes

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by tenderlaw(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2015
This Hungerbad has spoken like a true illiterate. I challenge you to provide a link or credible source where fast food workers in d US are routinely tested for HIV. So you have not heard that you cannot get HIV just by eating with an infected person. Too bad for you.

1 Like

Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by stepo707: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
wow interesting.am learning from the comments here.
Re: HIV: What Do I Do With A Member Of Staff (teacher) That Test HIV Positive? by theunusualmoon(m): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
angry

HungerBAD:

Sack him/her.

(1) (Reply)

Register To AYESA 2015 Conference / How Does Route Selection Work In Cisco Routers? / Skill To Fix Phones, Decoders & Laptops Earn You Money. Learn How!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.