Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi (20969 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by kahal29: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Senate President Bukola Saraki and 12 other senators may have resolved to support the confirmation of former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi as cabinet minister, sources said yesterday.

The three Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators representing Rivers State had raised an objection to Amaechi’s nomination and vowed to stop his confirmation.

Our correspondent gathered that Saraki and former governors in the Senate have vowed to save one of their own from humiliation.

Besides Saraki, others in the group are Senators Godswill Akpabio, Sam Egwu, Theodore Orji, Joshua Dariye, Danjuma Goje and Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Others are Senators Jonah Jang, George Akume, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ahmad Sani, Aliyu Wamakko, Adamu Aliero and Isiaka Adeleke.

Our correspondent further gathered that the senators, who cut across party lines, may have started reaching out to other senators to garner enough support for Amaechi.

It was also revealed that while Saraki will be rallying All Progressives Congress (APC) senators, Akpabio who is the Minority Leader will be reaching out to senators of PDP extraction.

An aide to one of the senators who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity shortly after plenary session on Wednesday, confirmed the senators’ position.

The aide said: “I can confirm to you that all the senators who were governors have decided to rally support for Amaechi to ensure his confirmation. As a matter of fact, they have picked two among themselves as contact persons.

“Their position is that somebody who is qualified enough to be governor should also be good enough to be minister. The ex governors are also of the view that humiliation of one of them is humiliation of all”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-governors-in-senate-to-back-amaechi/

3 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by huthority01(m): 5:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Laughing.............. grin grin grin grin, hmmmmm 9ja way.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Beremx(f): 5:20am On Oct 08, 2015
Lion of Ubima,you too much!
You shall be a Minister whether Wike and his goons like it or not.
All hail the man who brought PDP to its knees.
cheesy cool

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by greatness22(m): 5:24am On Oct 08, 2015
To do politics just dey hungry me... lolzz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by ionsman: 5:25am On Oct 08, 2015
Nice development. Amaechi the slayer of the clueless man will make it. Forget all these obstacles.

Wailers before ministerial list: Amaechi has been used and dumped by the Apc. He became a laughing stock.

Wailers after ministerial list: This change is fake. As long as Buhari Nominated Amaechi,he isn't serious on his corruption war.

These guys are a gift that keeps on giving.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by modath(f): 5:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Of course, they are only just doing the more you look, the less you see for the wailing army...

Na who born the maga that will stop an idea whose time has come...

Rotimi be killin 'em everyday!!! Wailers try next lifetime... grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Aufbauh(m): 5:26am On Oct 08, 2015
The senators have no option than to Confirm the appointment of the Lord of the Southern ring.
They are only playing to the gallery so as to satisfies their gullible supporters and wailing allies.
Mark my word, all the ministerial nominees will return with the unanimous approval of the Senate.

24 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by modath(f): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2015
greatness22:
To do politics just dey hungry me... lolzz

If you are planning to steal our money, we are wiser now, na stone we go take reset your destiny. cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by FreeGlobe(f): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Disclaimer: Believe anything coming from tinubu's nations thrashpapers at your own risk This I another lie cooked from burdilion.

27 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by ionsman: 5:30am On Oct 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Disclaimer: Believe anything coming from tinubu's nations thrashpapers at your own risk This I another lie cooked from burdilion.

Anything that doesn't suit your agenda is a lie.

28 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by malton: 5:32am On Oct 08, 2015
Before. They know first-hand, how pivotal he is to any government.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by greatness22(m): 5:34am On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

If you are planning to steal our money, we are wiser now, now stone we go take reset your destiny. cheesy
Lolz, bro e neva reach like dat na.... u nor see d support amaechi wan get so?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by modath(f): 5:42am On Oct 08, 2015
greatness22:
Lolz, bro e neva reach like dat na.... u nor see d support amaechi wan get so?

Na sis, & Bobo Rote is getting this much support because he has put in the work to make sure this government attains power..

Hardwork pays... smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by modath(f): 5:46am On Oct 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:

But you believe & laugh with glee anything that comes from Breakintimes & Tribune bah

Madam, its not that deep, there is 2031 nah.

Take am easy.....

19 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Chanchit: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2015
So it means fashola and Fayemi would also sail through on same grounds. I just pity Wike.

15 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by greatness22(m): 5:52am On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

Na sis, & Bobo Rote is getting this much support because he has put in the work to make sure this government attains power..

Hardwork pays... smiley
dat one dey sha!
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Besides Saraki, others in the group are Senators Godswill Akpabio, Sam Egwu, Theodore Orji, Joshua Dariye, Danjuma Goje and Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Others are Senators Jonah Jang, George Akume, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ahmad Sani, Aliyu Wamakko, Adamu Aliero and Isiaka Adeleke.
Thieves supporting one of their thieving colleague... I have always known that this 8th Senate is useless

6 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by rassan: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Amechi is a beloved son of God...there are few people like him that have special talent like him...His case is just like that of king David in the bible...Somebody that openly fought a sitting president and won the battle...during his war with Ex president jonathan and other PDP guys at times Ii used to think within myself that this Amechi will soon end up in destruction for fighting with our jonathan but later realised that his APC won that election...Even wike said it several times during his campainging that Amechi would be bundled out of river state with hancuffs but to our surprise today Amechi made ministarial nomine list...That guy will become our minister very soon because he has God's backing.........May almighty God help me to be victorious over all my enemies like Amechi....He's a beloved

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:03am On Oct 08, 2015
The crowing of Amaechi and other corrupt element ministers of the federal republic of Nigeria is a confirmation that Nigeria under Buhari will continue the tradition of encouraging corruption and sheer hypocrisy. Buhari has proven to be a cancer in the anti-corruption fight and a promoter of coruption. No sane country would take Nigeria under Buhari serious considering his open support for the sustenance of corruption. It is a shame that a more corrupt government has taken over the reins of power.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by macolino(m): 6:03am On Oct 08, 2015
I have lost hope in this present Nigeria,I wonder where we are heading to..pls who is fighting the said corruption? Our leaders are criminals.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Lolz Akpabio backing Amaechi? Abegi make una find another lie talk joor grin grin grin This Tinubu's newspapers no go kill pesin.

8 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by mrjangaweed: 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lolz Akpabio backing Amaechi? Abegi make una find another lie talk joor grin grin grin This Tinubu's newspapers no go kill pesin.

i just laughed it off grin

no propaganda can save Amaechi

"since this administration wants to fight corruption we'll make sure that all nominees are thoroughly screened " - Igwe saraki (aka Tinubu slayer) grin

hypocrisy is when you want Amaechi the renowned thief to take a bow in the chambers headed by the person you accused of corruption grin funny isn't it?

Amaechi is a thief - Oshiomole

10 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by otokx(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Amaechi knows how to pick his associations, so many lessons to be learnt.

God bless Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Let wait n c
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by reuben79: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2015
chukwudi44:
u go soon wakeup 4m ur dream,he go do u like dream.be watch

3 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by omusiliyu(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Birds of a feather always flock together
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Dahveydson(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Why won't corruption support corruption.

1 Like

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by hazyfm1: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Waste of time
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by shegelu: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2015
reuben79:
u go soon wakeup 4m ur dream,he go do u like dream.be watch
Story story story!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by sweatlana: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2015
Is that akpabio on that list?

Rubbish journalism

4 Likes

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Codedb2: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2015
Buhari is also a thief.. Ameachi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CJN Orders Disciplinary Action Against Judge Over Criminal Summon On Soludo / INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll / Festus Osifo & Adebayo Clash Over Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.