Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,400 members, 7,843,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi (20985 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Kiakia(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Nigeria! An endless opera! Never short of news. Of course, Amaechi will scale through. What do you think the meeting between PMB and leadership of the National Assembly last night at the Presidential Villa was all about? As a matter of fact, all the nominees will be cleared. The media hype on this issue is unnecesary.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Deapexboy(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2015
wike and his cohorts are learners
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by frankyychiji(f): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

If you are planning to steal our money, we are wiser now, na stone we go take reset your destiny. cheesy
Chai! Classic! Modath toh badt! grin
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by frankyychiji(f): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lolz Akpabio backing Amaechi? Abegi make una find another lie talk joor grin grin grin This Tinubu's newspapers no go kill pesin.
Lolzzz...allow fools to enjoy their foolery nah. There are still some among those fools who knows this is just the usual apc propaganda.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by gfullmoon(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2015
Beremx:
Lion of Ubima,you too much!

You shall be a Minister whether Wike and his goons like it or not.

All hail the man who brought PDP to its knees.

cheesy cool
Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amechi is now the Lion of Niger Delta no longer Ubiama. Ubiama is too small for his clout. Amechi is an acute tactician,passing the Senate Screening na moi moi to him even if Wike will empty Rivers state August 2015,allocation on the Red Chambers. Rivers Senators will only shout to the tune of the money Wike give them,but simple majority carries the vote.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by modath(f): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2015
frankyychiji:
Chai! Classic! Modath toh badt! grin

Yes nah, how politics go dey hungry person? Na food. grin

If he had said, i want to serve, ehn ehn, politics is not service to the people... Late Dora served but didn't succeed in politics & doesn't make her less of what should be applauded..

1 Like

Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Wailers how market? Pa Chukwudi where are thou?
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Spiff20(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2015
I love the one team spirit of the ex governors irrespective of their divergent parties
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

If you are planning to steal our money, we are wiser now, na stone we go take reset your destiny. cheesy
. Hahahhaahhahaa hahahhahahahhahaha abeg make u tell him oooh
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Wike be like tyson(champ be4) Amechi belike Floyd mayweather grin wike belike meek mill Amechi belike Drake hahahhahahahhahaha
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2015
kahal29:
Senate President Bukola Saraki and 12 other senators may have resolved to support the confirmation of former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi as cabinet minister, sources said yesterday.

The three Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators representing Rivers State had raised an objection to Amaechi’s nomination and vowed to stop his confirmation.

Our correspondent gathered that Saraki and former governors in the Senate have vowed to save one of their own from humiliation.

Besides Saraki, others in the group are Senators Godswill Akpabio, Sam Egwu, Theodore Orji, Joshua Dariye, Danjuma Goje and Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Others are Senators Jonah Jang, George Akume, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ahmad Sani, Aliyu Wamakko, Adamu Aliero and Isiaka Adeleke.

Our correspondent further gathered that the senators, who cut across party lines, may have started reaching out to other senators to garner enough support for Amaechi.

It was also revealed that while Saraki will be rallying All Progressives Congress (APC) senators, Akpabio who is the Minority Leader will be reaching out to senators of PDP extraction.

An aide to one of the senators who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity shortly after plenary session on Wednesday, confirmed the senators’ position.

The aide said: “I can confirm to you that all the senators who were governors have decided to rally support for Amaechi to ensure his confirmation. As a matter of fact, they have picked two among themselves as contact persons.

“Their position is that somebody who is qualified enough to be governor should also be good enough to be minister. The ex governors are also of the view that humiliation of one of them is humiliation of all”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-governors-in-senate-to-back-amaechi/
The Senators have to be as highly objective as possible. The measure given to Mr. 'A' should as well be given to Mr. 'B'. If Ameach is found wanting, please dont hessitate to do the needfull. They shouldn't be afraid of any body.

Long live PMB Long Live Nigeria Long live APC.
¤~I stand 4 the Truth~
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by alumz(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2015
No place lk naija, I luv dis country.. Liv dat tin! All of dem reciv alert last nite
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by kellyrock: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2015
pls they should allow My ex-Governor Amechi as minister, because he will do well, when he was Governor in my state, I knw how many people who are employed especially in my village as teacher. Omudioga.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by athaboi(f): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Aufbauh:
The senators have no option than to Confirm the appointment of the Lord of the Southern ring.
They are only playing to the gallery so as to satisfies their gullible supporters and wailing allies.
Mark my word, all the ministerial nominees will return with the unanimous approval of the Senate.
good, i will quote u next week...i hope u no dey travel
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by lonelydora: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2015
ionsman:

Anything that doesn't suit your agenda is a lie.

Don't mind that wailer.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by alexlee50: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Chanchit:

SS does not have leaders na, cos you guys no dey respect elders you respect thugs and money so you would still respect him one of this days.
I find your thinking offensive and denigrating but let me correct an impression, which is the idea u have that ss does not have leaders. I am sure u reached that conclusion as a result of the limited knowledge of the ss.the ss comprises of more than 50 ethnic groups, with each having its own homogenous language and a rich culture.naturally with such diverse ethnicity, there are bound to be leaders from the various ethnic groups with each having its own interest.now if u look at the north it is easy for the north to come up with a common position over any issue, this is because they share a common language, hausa and religion, islam.if you look at the south west from ondo down to osun, they speak one language, which is the yoruba language.this makes it easy for the southwest to come up with a common pposition. Lets go back to the niger delta, in delta state alone, there are more than 7 ethnic groups in delta, in rivers same thing.and like I told in such diverse ethnicity and rich cultural heritage there are bound to be diverse opinions. It doesn't mean the south south has no leaders.alfred diete spiff, Benjamin okumagba, e.k clark, alabo graham douglas,obong of calabar are a few of niger delta leaders.on the issue of respect for thuggery and money, I don't think the thugs in niger delta are more than the ones in lagos.the difference is just that the former are better armed.mc olumo for instance is a thug in oshodi and he commands a lot of respect , he is not from the south south.thugs like that abound across the length and breadth of nigeria.I hope u open eyes and learn from this and you would desist from making denigrating comments about a race, tribe, prople based on limited knowledge.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by playtheblues(f): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
And you sincerely think that Akpabio's interest will be with Amechi?
phantom:
but you're the one whose reasoning is childish.
In politics,there are no permanent friends or enemies,just permanent interests.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by Chanchit: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
alexlee50:
I find your thinking offensive and denigrating but let me correct an impression, which is the idea u have that ss does not have leaders. I am sure u reached that conclusion as a result of the limited knowledge of the ss.the ss comprises of more than 50 ethnic groups, with each having its own homogenous language and a rich culture.naturally with such diverse ethnicity, there are bound to be leaders from the various ethnic groups with each having its own interest.now if u look at the north it is easy for the north to come up with a common position over any issue, this is because they share a common language, hausa and religion, islam.if you look at the south west from ondo down to osun, they speak one language, which is the yoruba language.this makes it easy for the southwest to come up with a common pposition. Lets go back to the niger delta, in delta state alone, there are more than 7 ethnic groups in delta, in rivers same thing.and like I told in such diverse ethnicity and rich cultural heritage there are bound to be diverse opinions. It doesn't mean the south south has no leaders.alfred diete spiff, Benjamin okumagba, e.k clark, alabo graham douglas,obong of calabar are a few of niger delta leaders.on the issue of respect for thuggery and money, I don't think the thugs in niger delta are more than the ones in lagos.the difference is just that the former are better armed.mc olumo for instance is a thug in oshodi and he commands a lot of respect , he is not from the south south.thugs like that abound across the length and breadth of nigeria.I hope u open eyes and learn from this and you would desist from making denigrating comments about a race, tribe, prople based on limited knowledge.

Well, you tried in your explanation. But if you take a look at what you typed, you re trying to explain to me the reasons why its hard for the whole of SS to come to agreement on many issues, you mentioned some elders from the SS but after mentioning them the issues still does not get resolved because everybody is fighting for his own territory(let me not say for their pockets)so others would have to kick against it. When I talk about thugs, its a common fact that there is not militants in SW, thugs in SW does not have weapons like the ones in SS,you can't compair the net worth of a SW thug to the ones of SS cos they are more than thugs, can you compair the Mc oluomo with the likes of Asari, tompolo and co? They are not in same level. Have you seen the new thread on fp where an ex militant is asking clark to shut up? So when I typed what I typed, I knew what I was typing.
Re: Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi by alexlee50: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Chanchit:

Well, you tried in your explanation. But if you take a look at what you typed, you re trying to explain to me the reasons why its hard for the whole of SS to come to agreement on many issues, you mentioned some elders from the SS but after mentioning them the issues still does not get resolved because everybody is fighting for his own territory(let me not say for their pockets)so others would have to kick against it. When I talk about thugs, its a common fact that there is not militants in SW, thugs in SW does not have weapons like the ones in SS,you can't compair the net worth of a SW thug to the ones of SS cos they are more than thugs, can you compair the Mc oluomo with the likes of Asari, tompolo and co? They are not in same level. Have you seen the new thread on fp where an ex militant is asking clark to shut up? So when I typed what I typed, I knew what I was typing.
you said I tried to explain why the people of the ss find it hard to reach agreement on so many issues. That is not correct, what I tried to do was to explain to u the uniqueness of the south south people with respect to the diverse culture, language and interest.despite the diversity of the people of the south south, they are in agreement on many things which includes true federalism, fiscal federalism (resource control).these two things are sacrosant to the people of this region and have consistently maintained a common stand.on the absence of militancy in the southwest, I think u should have a rethink.how will you describe OPC?in the late 90s to early 2000 when some fulani(northerners) had problems with yorubas in sagamu was it not OPC that retaliated? What do u think would have happened if the fulani herdsmen refused to release chief falae or even killed him? The reason OPC has not shown its full potential, there has not been any reason to.wait till yorubas start talking of injustice, u will see what would happen.on the issue of some youths insulting chief clark it happens everywhere, it is not peculiar to the ss.after fayose was impeached he insulted obasanjo severally at various fora, does that make obasanjo less an elder? Orji kalu insulted obasanjo severally, it does not reduce his status as an elder.yinka odumakin of afenifere even described tinubu as a ludo champion in Lagos, who went to play chess at abuja and was defeated.the statement is denigrating, but it does not make tinube less an elder.although he may not be a yoruba leader, or move with the main stream of Yoruba elders.he still commands respect in the south west especially with the new generation. So chief clark, okumagba, diete spiff, lulu briggs are all niger delta leaders with one common objective, true federalism, resource control.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Turbaned As Baba Adini Of Ansarul Islam Society Of Nigeria(pics) / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.