Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... (1656 Views)

Full Naijaloaded And Nairaland Codes / When Will Facebook And Nairaland Finally Introduce The "Unlike" Button?.... / Zerodium Offers $3,000,000 Bounty For A Successful Jailbreak Of IOS 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2015
I updated my IPhone to the latest IOS 9. Since then the home page of NL loads fine as the mobile site and everything is well formatted and fits on my screen right. However when I click on each thread it seems the non-mobile site of NL comes up and I have to pinch and zoom to read posts completely. Anyone else having this same aggravating experience?
I'm using the native safari browser.
I do no have this problem with any other website. It is only NL and happened right after IOS 9 upgrade.
Thanks.
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by Fatech(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Maybe you shld try another browser,opera or UC
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by overhypedsteve(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2015
My safari works well with NL on IOS 9

Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Fatech:
Maybe you shld try another browser,opera or UC
thanks, good idea but I prefer to just use safari
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
overhypedsteve:
My safari works well with NL on IOS 9
thanks for your pics. The home page and the modify php page work fine on my screen (the correct mobile format loads up). It's the individual thread pages.

As an example, I've put my screen shots of the home page (image on top) and this thread's page (image below the red line).

As you can see the home page fits my IP6 screen well, end to end, with large readable text fonts. This thread's page on the other hand has 'white spaces' in the right section and the text fonts are smaller in relation to the home pages. If you look at the top it is quite obvious since the content is the same across the two pages.
I went into my settings, deleted the cache etc, rebooted but it made no difference

Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by overhypedsteve(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
kobonaire:
thanks for your pics. The home page and the modify php page work fine on my screen (the correct mobile format loads up). It's the individual thread pages.

As an example, I've put my screen shots of the home page (image on top) and this thread's page (image below the red line).

As you can see the home page fits my IP6 screen well, end to end, with large readable text fonts. This thread's page on the other hand has 'white spaces' in the right section and the text fonts are smaller in relation to the home pages. If you look at the top it is quite obvious since the content is the same across the two pages.
I went into my settings, deleted the cache etc, rebooted but it made no difference
is that safari?
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 1:24am On Oct 09, 2015
overhypedsteve:
is that safari?
yes, safari
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by overhypedsteve(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
kobonaire:
yes, safari
update your safari.
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
overhypedsteve:
update your safari.
but safari comes with the IOS and so how do I update that separately?
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by EngrBouss(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Not just nairaland.com even on ipad when you turn horizontal it leaves lots of space. I think it's a bug
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
EngrBouss:
Not just nairaland.com even on ipad when you turn horizontal it leaves lots of space. I think it's a bug
Aha .... So I am not crazy after all .... Thanks for sharing your experience. I think it is an issue with NL and iOS 9 after all.
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by nigeriancuban: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
mine worka very fine although I haven't had te time to upgraded to the iOS 9 at least not yet
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
nigeriancuban:
mine worka very fine although I haven't had te time to upgraded to the iOS 9 at least not yet
it worked fine on iOS 8, the issues came up with iOS 9
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by nigeriancuban: 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
kobonaire:
it worked fine on iOS 8, the issues came up with iOS 9
maybe it has something to do with the browser ,have you tried checking for any new update on the browser too?
Re: Apple's IOS 9 And Nairaland Issues ..... by kobonaire(m): 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
nigeriancuban:
maybe it has something to do with the browser ,have you tried checking for any new update on the browser too?
yes I did check and there are no browser specific updates. Remember I am using the phone's stock browser (safari) so any updates will generally be rolled in with the iOS update.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Build A Career In Computer Programming / Let’s Build a Todo-List Web Application With ES6 Vanilla Javascript / Free Programming Courses -Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.