Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups (24743 Views)

Buhari Can’t Stop Me From Succeeding Him In 2019 – Sule Lamido / N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by oake(m): 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
braine:
Bloody Illiterates. kiss

It pains and saddens me to see the youths of today display character that is inconsistent with nation building and patriotism. Here, we have a sitting president who by virtue of the constitution (Section 138 of the Nigeria Constitution of 1999 as amended), which he swore to defend and protect, ought not to hold any other executive office OR paid emolument in any capacity whatsoever during the tenure of his office.

This provision is indisputably clear, [b]Emperor "Buhari is taking us back to the days of the military rule, obviously he lacks the power to assume the position of petroleum minister as serving president" [/b]the group asserted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by meforyou1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
In UK, members of the royal family serve in Military - the queen's husband, Prince Charles, Prince Williams etc, why why wount Buhari's children go and join the military?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by ENZOSCIFO1: 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
MartinsEgah:
Point of correctn.

Some pple should stop misleading d public;

Neither OBJ nor GEJ took position of any ministry as a minister instead as presidents dey re supervise d activities of all d ministries.

Can somebody check d history b4 he say anytin?

Kindly remind me who the Minister of Petroleum was in the entire 8 years of Obasanjo's Tenure and also who the Minister of power was in the entire 6 years GEJ's tenure?

Note: Kindly, remember to put their names and the years they spent in office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by IYANGBALI: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
if he hold am make una come remove am
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by agog: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
is the position of a minister a political office? were ministers voted by the people?
stanech:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/buhari-cant-double-president-petroleum-minister-ijaw-groups/
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Hongbenga(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
NATION WIDE DELIVERY Ask Me For Your Christian Memory Card. Now The CRM 4 & 8GB Memory Card Comes With 17 TREASURES OF TREMENDOUS VALUE : (1) Audio BIBLES in 4-Languages, (Listen to God's Word in Hausa, Yourba, Igbo & English (2) 200 Specially Selected Gospel Songs (3) 20 BIBLE Versions (Java, Android & Text) (4) 100 Vital VIDEOS (+Passion of the Christ) (5) 100 Vital VIDEOS of HYMNS (with Lyrics) (6) 100 Christian BOOKS on Vital Topics (7) 500 Inspiring Gospel IMAGES (cool 150 Amazing PSALMS (9) Entire Bible PROVERBS (A wisdom bank) (10) 10 Special Christian CARTOONS (11) Collation of all the PRAYERS in the Bible (12) 40 Vital Christian Webpages (13) 40 Amazing Messages on PROSPERITY (14) 40 Amazing Messages on HEALING (15) 40 Amazing Messages on WISDOM (16) 40 Amazing Messages on RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE (Highly Informative) (17) PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE : Holy Ghost's Messages (From January - July) . To get this Card, Call CRM to send you Cards as Agent Meet our Agent at REDEEMER's University Chapel EDE. OR REDEMPTION Camp at back of Prayer Foyer. All across this nation we have received text messages and Calls of people commending this initiative as well as asking to be CRM Agents in their Churches. By the inspiration of the Spirit of GOD we have packaged and loaded into 8GB Memory Cards everything that will elevate a person towards godliness; everything that will amplify a person’s scriptural knowledge and spirituality; everything that will enormously enhance a person’s life and ministry, everything that is relevant and highly impactful; everything that will give Godly fun and inspiration. It is indeed TREASURE BEYOND MEASURE. Our Mandate is to enrich Christians Nationwide with Godly media items for Spiritual Edge; in as much as the media has one of the strongest influences in everyone’s life. My friends, It is Expedient to take advantage of this offer and kindly tell friends about it as well. Shalom! TEl: 07031843066, 08155723812, 09037481102.
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by IBROHIM: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
moyosore27384:
during OBJ's regime nobody say dt he can't b minister of petroleum o some idiots r nw some noises so dt people go knw say dey too dey talk. make dem go hug transformer.
hey transformer is dangerous now o! It has light! Change!!!
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Walexsammy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Where were they when obj was both head of state and also minister of petroleum
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Walexsammy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
But When Obasanjo did it for six years no one condemned it
thaank u jare...I guess they were not in this country then
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Walexsammy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
eleojo23:
The activities of boko haram have become a national emergency that needs urgent action.
So Buhari should rather double as minister of defence so that he can properly tackle boko haram considering his military experience.
he already has chiefs of staff
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by safepassage2015: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
free2ryhme:
I am really ashamed at the kinds of comments on this forum. It seems they are only inspired by resentment of the Ijaw groups rather than by any logic in response to the group's demands. Nigeria may never move forward if we continue to treat national issues purely out of ethnic or partisan sentiments.

I expect commenters to question the correctness of the claim of these groups: if the constitution actually says the president may not hold another office, why can't we ask him to abide by the constitution? If these guys are misquoting the constitution then we must correct them.

We forget also that this is a democracy. People have a right to air their views. Insulting people for airing their constitutional views is a very primitive act and we need to desist from it.
what people have to understand is that alot of monikers are on the payroll of the APC so they do their job as directed by their paymasters ,hence they result to insults and 'illogical' and 'parochial' arguments to twist the truth. They can keep on the lies but they dont know nigerians are getting wiser as the day goes by

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by eliwa47(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
lanrehamd:
Wetin concern dem, are they citizens of this country. ?
Nxt plssssss.
don't mind them, awon mumu!.
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by odutolasodiq(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Enahi:

You are just an id*ot and a hypocrite. If I read your stupid comment well, you are trying to justify Buhari's relationship with Ameachi, Tinubu,Danjuma and co as trustworthy right. Please take your useless comments and feed them to your Cows in North.

Please you Northerners should do and end your tenure we are tired of your hypocrisy already.

I pray No Northern will be made Vice or President after Buhari, you people are just useless leeches and thieves. You guys have held unto power for too long.
u see where u goofed? the people u mentioned above are actually people surrounding PMB that cant be trusted, besides I never mentioned being a northerner ( of course I am not related to northerners in anyway). mistress, please be careful and pay attention to details before u react ok( it would help u alot in making good choice of spouse if u are not married yet, and if u are married already it would help u stay long in ur marriage). incase u still dont understand my point let me give u an illustration:
BUHARI( northerner): kerosene is now #50/liter from #160/litre, cement is now #1050/bag from #2200/bag.
DIEZANI (easterner): worth more than £13billion nigerian looted funds( Internet is ur friend for confirmation).
JONATHAN (ijaw man): shocked and confused rite now with the revelations about the frog-eyed bi.tch( he is like ;so this woman looted so much under my watch?). his cluelessness further confirmed.
After reading this piece and u still dont recieve brain, then I will be convinced my notion about u is very rite (u care to kno? comment and let see wat u have got).
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
prettyboi1:

Nobody has oil in Nigeria. The only oil we know in Nigeria is owned by Nigeria. Comprende?

Yoruba slave.
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Enahi(f): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
odutolasodiq:
u see where u goofed? the people u mentioned above are actually people surrounding PMB that cant be trusted, besides I never mentioned being a northerner ( of course I am not related to northerners in anyway). mistress, please be careful and pay attention to details before u react ok( it would help u alot in making good choice of spouse if u are not married yet, and if u are married already it would help u stay long in ur marriage). incase u still dont understand my point let me give u an illustration:
BUHARI( northerner): kerosene is now #50/liter from #160/litre, cement is now #1050/bag from #2200/bag.
DIEZANI (easterner): worth more than £13billion nigerian looted funds( Internet is ur friend for confirmation).
JONATHAN (ijaw man): shocked and confused rite now with the revelations about the frog-eyed bi.tch( he is like ;so this woman looted so much under my watch?). his cluelessness further confirmed.
After reading this piece and u still dont recieve brain, then I will be convinced my notion about u is very rite (u care to kno? comment and let see wat u have got).

My point is Buhari cannot also be trusted, Buhari's hands are not clean that's why his anti-corruption war is one sided. Why does Buhari want to be Petroleum Minister? Why not Minister of Defence if He truly cares about the security situation in the country. There are already rumours that Buhari wants to make TY Danjuma's Son a Minister also. If Buhari doesn't trust them then why is He close to them? Buhari is not here to fight any corruption, all He wants to do is serve the interest of some persons.

The reason why He wants the head the Petroleum Ministry might be to further allocate more oil blocks to his fellow Northerners whom We Nigerians don't even know how they acquired it in the first place.

I have lost hope in Buhari even before He won the elections, He won't bring any positive changes because He cant fight the Cabals that brought him into power.

I cant wait for his tenure to end, too many pretense and drama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by ststyreal(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
koboko69:
Abeg this loosers should shut up already. Let me refresh their memories

[size=15pt]Jonathan heads power ministry in new cabinet[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/jonathan-heads-power-ministry-in-new-cabinet/

Where was this silly useless group then.

Or when OBJ when Obj doubled as a minister and President....they were also alseep then.
Abeg go Sidon. Where then is d change, if he is doing what others did in d past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by atoleybaba(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
IzonOwei:
please answer me why buhari opted for the petroleum ministry instead of the defense ministry if he is not eyeing the niger delta oil.... grin grin grin grin
I don't know...am not in his mind..Buh sha free him till he commit
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
Idiataqueen:
But their oil is a citizen of Nigeria?
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by don4real18(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Idiataqueen:
Drink the oil na.... Who dash you?
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Kennywills7(m): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
truthsaves:
you are indeed the son of your father and a patriotic Nigerian. observing the reasoning of some Nigerians on this Nairaland, i began to question this one Nigeria of a thing.
I question d ONE Nigeria thing everyday simply because of what many in dis forum writes!
The things they write are d expression of their inner feelings
It is sad they they think like this and still shout one Nigeria!
We need to stop being sentimental
We have to look at things using ourselves as example! Partisan and regional and ethnic sentiments are killing this country
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by lumeneng22: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Make Una keep quiet. Say na Edwin Clark want to become the petroleum minister now after dumping PDP abi na Una sister who stole our money go London? Let pmbb handle the ministry with kachuku so that there will be money to run government.
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by meccuno: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Idiataqueen:
was actually angry until I saw this post.....thanxx for the comic relief grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by meccuno: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Tex42:
Hmmm! This is serious. Thought the alleged sum was £13b.
the money is even more than the budget of some country......how its possible to steal that large sum beats my imagination.......
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by meccuno: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
maximilian19:
Pls can anyone name just country were their president is the minister of petroleum. Just one, open text.
Nigeria grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by maximilian19(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
meccuno:
Nigeria grin
dude apart from nigeria, u are free to use ur internet, win 5K
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Tex42(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
meccuno:
the money is even more than the budget of some country......how its possible to steal that large sum beats my imagination.......
beats mine too... Let's just wait for the British NCA to finish their investigation, since the sum is still alleged. Even the British government would go to war for such an amount;£63b... Oh God, save this country....!
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
braine:

you mean our oil?
but you are yoruba and don't have oil even palm oil
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by braine(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
but you are yoruba and don't have oil even palm oil

And what makes you think I'm Yoruba??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Kingspin(m): 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
But When Obasanjo did it for six years no one condemned it
There was no time Nigerians supported or hail president Obasanjo as petroleum minister that time please. Dont brag and drag what u know nothing about. Then He visisted PH often. Nigerians were always against it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
braine:

And what makes you think I'm Yoruba??
I know
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by Codedb2: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
RaphaeloBurgess:
your fada
Your fadaless
Re: Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups by stevkc: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
GO GREEN, GO SOLAR, INVITE ENERGYWORLD LIMITED
Fossil fuel(eg, petroleum products,petrol and diesel) has come of age and has contributed to environmental pollution and human damages. Talk of the emissions of fossil fuel which have caused ozone layer depletion, green house effect ,climate change and ambient temperature rise.
the world is concerned about the negative effects of fossil fuel emission,that is why we are campaigning for clean air and this can be achieved by going green (using alternative energy supplies). EnergyWorld limited is campaigning for clean air by going into solar energy system installations and maintenance.Nigeria should be at the fore front of encouraging Go green,go solar campaign because we are greatly affected by being in the tropical region of the world where the ambient temperature is already high. lets consider the changes in Nigeria climate condition now,we no longer experience harmattan when due,flooding is on the increase because of the melting of the ocean ice which is as a result of increase in the anbient temperature,sea level is rising.
Contact us ENERGYWORLD limited for solar street installation,solar system for residences,offices,churches,borehole etc, consultancy call 08069487971 or email us on stevkc2007@yahoo.com. we serve you anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: "Tyranny Has A Short Lifespan" - Jonathan Urge Nigerians Not To Lose Hope / Chris Olakpe Is LASTMA New Boss / NDDC, Ondo Begin N19bn Coastal Road To Connect Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.