Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,880 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. (1221 Views)

One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles / My ''One Chance Bus'' Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by wendixx(f): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
So this morning, I woke up as usual to get to work. Because of the morning rain, I couldn't board a bike to the usual location where I would them take a bus to Oshodi, So I stood at the bustop waiting for a tricycle "Keke NAPEP". None was forth coming, and the few passing by were already filled up due to the rain. As i stood impatiently hoping to get one, A car stopped in front of me, with a smiling driver, a female front passenger and a male passenger at the back. The "smiling Driver" asked me to come in, which I promptly did, thinking he was someone I knew because of the smile and of course I was still in my neighborhood, just a stones throw from my house.

Hardly had we moved, when the guy beside me at the back seat gave the driver his fare and the driver immediately told the female passenger at the front that she was to pay him #100 naira (for a journey of #30 naira) which she promptly refused. Curiously, the woman covered her face with her head gear, such that I couldn't see her face. As they started arguing, I told them to stop the vehicle, that I had forgotten something. I alighted, looked at them and told them to repent. They immediately started raining abuses, and quickly drove off.

I happily walked back and later got a bus which took me to my destination.

How did I get recognize that they were scammers?

Because I had already encountered them times without number before and as well heard stories of their modus operandus which I would be sharing with you today, so that people may know and learn.

The first encounter I had with them was 3 years ago on my way to work at Charity bustop on Oshodi express way. I had waited for almost 30 minutes for a bus going to the island to no avail. People in the bustop had become desperate and were flagging down private vehicles who would take you to the island at the same fare with buses.

As I stood there with a fat female fellow passenger, a car stopped in front of me with a smiling driver, a female front passenger and a male passenger at the back and beckoned us to enter.

The car only had doors at the front so the female front passenger had to alight for me to get in. As my fat female fellow passenger was about to get in with me, they stopped her. The front sit passenger just jumped back in, shut the door and the driver promptly moved away, muttering that his shock absorber was bad and the fat woman trying to come in was too fat. I didn't suspect anything..

But as I was about to relax and enjoy the journey, I heard a voice clear and precise;"..

...TO BE CONTINUED.
cc:lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by seemples(f): 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Na lie sad

Abeg come talk wetin the voice talk jare...
Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Very informative post..thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by wendixx(f): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
PART 2.

... I heard a voice clear and precise; " this is a one chance vehicle".

I was shocked, and looked around me to know where the voice was coming from. I didn't see anyone. Then I knew it was coming from my spirit. I looked at the people in the vehicle, the driver, the female passenger and the male passenger beside me. They looked normal and innocent, minding their business.

But I just couldn't ignore that voice because it was so clear like nothing I had ever heard before.

I knew it was the HolySpirit, So I started praying in my mind. I said, Nothing will happen to me in Jesus name. Then I realised that that was a wrong prayer because in every situation, something must happen to someone either good or bad.

I immediately changed my prayer point to; "This situation will lead to a big testimony for me In Jesus name".

I kept calm but because very observant. Soon the driver told me that my fare was #150, I immediately shouted at him that he should drop me, that what I was paying was #100 naira. He turned and looked at me in a puzzled manner because he didn't expect that kind of voice from someone like me (I have a gentle face with a fair complexion wink ). He said Ok, but turned the the other female passenger and told her that her fare was #150 because he had picked her up before me, and she came with a bag which was in the booth.

She started arguing and refused to pay that amount, so the driver stopped the car, and asked her to alight while he went to the booth to bring out her "ghana-must-go" bag. I was thinking to myself that (so these people want to drop this woman and carry only me to go and dupe me ehn? hmmm.. If she drops, I will jump down with her as well).
The Woman then told the driver to come back into the car, that she would pay the stipulated fare.

He came back inside the car, looked at her and asked her what she was carrying inside the bag. She said it was Indomie noodles. He asked her why she was lying, that she wanted to put him into trouble. That she was carrying a "ghana must go" of Money. shocked

She started denying and trying to explain things to the driver, but at this juncture I had had enough, because my premonition was proving to be true. I immediately demanded that the woman opened the door of the car.

"open this car Now". I said.

The Male passenger who was sitting beside me and had been silent throughout the whole exchange looked at me and said; "Nwanne, Obwasahan gi, don't worry". (My sister it doesn't concern you..).

I never told them I was an Igbo person, neither had I spoken any language apart from english with them.

I shouted at him; "Keep Quiet! Open this door I say!!"

Inside of me, my heart was beating very fast, but I appeared bold and confident to them. When they saw how determined I was, the driver stopped, the woman alighted, (remember that the car has only two doors at the front) and I quickly got down.

Hardly had I alighted, that they zoomed off at an alarming speed.

Then I realized that they were all in the game. The driver, The Woman and The male passenger.

Had I fallen mugu, or been less spiritually conscious, I wold have been drawn into the money conversation, been asked to follow them to a supposed shrine to wash or cleanse the money in the bag which they would claim was charmed, hypnotised and asked to withdraw whatever money I had in my bank account or at home, stripped of whatever valuable I had etc.

After I alighted, I stood along the express road looking at them zoom away, lifted up my eyes to the sky and smiled to My God who is always faithful. I just thanked HIM and walked to a bustop to wait for a MARKED YELLOW COLOURED LAGOS DANFO BUS.

Since then... I have been wise by God's grace.

Some months later, as I was crossing the Oshodi express way to pick a bus at that same spot, A car stopped for me to cross, and lo and behold it was those same thieves. I stood at their window and shouted; "419!!". They looked at me, sneered at me and said; "your Papa na 419", and quickly zoomed away.

Another time, I was already in a bus, on that same road (charity bustop ) when I saw them in the same format scouting for who to scam. This time they were calling Ketu, Ojota. My bus was was behind them because there was traffic and we were picking up passengers along the road.

There were lots of passengers waiting on the road, but those thieves would always stop beside any female passenger standing alone waiting for bus. They asked one, she declined, they ignored the many people trying to enter, moved forward, and asked another stand-alone female until one boarded. I tried frantically to give her a sign but she didn't see me. I felt so sorry for her and hoped she would be able to escape their scam.

So, what is their Modus Operandus?

1. They are usually in a car, a male driver, a female passenger at the front and a male passenger at the back.
2. They usually target ladies in the bustop who seem to be traveling alone
3. If they see you are going with a colleague or a friend, they would not stop to pick you up
4. They are everywhere, even in neighborhoods

So please everyone, let us be careful and PRAYERFUL. I don't know where I'd be if not for the Holyspirit in me who spoke to me immediately and also gave me boldness to confront them and caused them to obey me.

Whenever we are in trouble, Irrespective of how bad it may be, let's learn to call upon Jesus Christ, He is always there to protect and give us wisdom and a way out.

God bless Us.
Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by wendixx(f): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
You are welcome. Thank you for thanking me cheesy
Just felt I should let the word out.

sweetboiy:
Very informative post..thanks for sharing.
Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 02, 2022
In 2022, these people are still using same story.
It happened to me last month. It happened at egbeda, I was waiting to get a bus to vulcanizer bus stop when this rickety car stopped in front of me and I entered . He said he was going to dopemu and there was a lady in front, I was the only passenger he picked up at the bus stop even though others where trying to get in, he refused until we left the bus stop and he picked 2 men standing by the road. I immediately knew something was wrong and although I knew I was in the wrong bus when he didn't let anyone in at the bus stop but fir some unknown reason I stayed in the car. After the 2men joined us, I started praying in my heart, I was scared but still had a bold face on. As usual the driver and the lady in front argued over the fare and he came down to drop her bag from the boot and she called him back and they started talking about money. The lady tried to explain to me that she is a prostitute and got the money from a man who lied to her and took her abroad for prostitution.
The driver and the 2 men said the lady "would find them something " if they dropped her off at home and she agreed. I was really uncomfortable in the bus and asked to drop and the driver stopped and the men got out for me to come out from their side if the car as the door close to me doesn't open.
When I came down, I was overwhelmed cos I thought they were kidnappers, I didn't know what they were at that moment but I knew they were bad people.
I got to my destination and when I got home after praying and thanking God, I came to nairaland to read and see if anyone had experienced that and I saw that it was quite common.
I wasn't even interested in her story and her fake money and they knew cos I didn't say anything concerning the money.
It was also a free ride as the driver didn't ask for his money, which lagos driver let's you go like that .
Re: One Chance Riders; How To Identify Some Of Them. by wendixx(f): 1:32am On Feb 27, 2023
In 2022, these people are still using same story.
It happened to me last month. It happened at egbeda, I was waiting to get a bus to vulcanizer bus stop when this rickety car stopped in front of me and I entered . He said he was going to dopemu and there was a lady in front, I was the only passenger he picked up at the bus stop even though others where trying to get in, he refused until we left the bus stop and he picked 2 men standing by the road. I immediately knew something was wrong and although I knew I was in the wrong bus when he didn't let anyone in at the bus stop but fir some unknown reason I stayed in the car. After the 2men joined us, I started praying in my heart, I was scared but still had a bold face on. As usual the driver and the lady in front argued over the fare and he came down to drop her bag from the boot and she called him back and they started talking about money. The lady tried to explain to me that she is a prostitute and got the money from a man who lied to her and took her abroad for prostitution.
The driver and the 2 men said the lady "would find them something " if they dropped her off at home and she agreed. I was really uncomfortable in the bus and asked to drop and the driver stopped and the men got out for me to come out from their side if the car as the door close to me doesn't open.
When I came down, I was overwhelmed cos I thought they were kidnappers, I didn't know what they were at that moment but I knew they were bad people.
I got to my destination and when I got home after praying and thanking God, I came to nairaland to read and see if anyone had experienced that and I saw that it was quite common.
I wasn't even interested in her story and her fake money and they knew cos I didn't say anything concerning the money.
It was also a free ride as the driver didn't ask for his money, which lagos driver let's you go like that .

Wonderful. They never change, because there will always be gullible and greedy people. Thank God for His mercies.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To A Place Called "Somerika" In EDO State / Which Foreign Language Would You Love To Learn??? / Cambodia Visa Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.