Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Application For Italian Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Application For Italian Visa (1198 Views)

Italian Man Shares A Picture He Took With His Family In Onitsha In 1977-Pictures / I Applied For Italian Visa, I Don't Understand What This Is (photo) / Italian Visa Delay In Vfs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Application For Italian Visa by lizzybabe(f): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello,
I am a Nigerian currently in the United States with a B1 visa. I have to attend a conference at Alghero, Italy from June 19th to 24th,2016. I plan to leave the US for Nigeria by May ending. By this time, I have less than 3weeks before the conference date. My question is, Is it possible to apply for the visa at the Italian Embassy here in US?
I tried going through the Italian embassy, Nigeria website, and there were links to forms there to be downloaded,filled and submitted. I also saw it there that there might be a long wait before granted visas can be collected (about 19days) after visa interview date. This conference is really important to my career development. What do I do? Please I would like inputs from those with similar experience or those more knowledge about how I can resolve this issue. Thanks.
Re: Application For Italian Visa by Benjamite01: 12:03am On Apr 14, 2016
To my knowledge I think B1/B2 is a Tourist/business visa, if you need to apply for a visa in Italy, you must come back to Nigeria to do that, u can't apply from USA, because you don't have stay permit. Come back to Nigeria and start as soon as possible. It's will take you up to a month for them to release your visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Application For Italian Visa by itstpia8: 3:32am On Apr 14, 2016
your passport issuing country is what determines where you will apply for a visa.

If you hold a Nigerian passport then you're supposed to apply for the Italian visa in Nigeria unless contra indicated.

You can also ask immigration.

1 Like

Re: Application For Italian Visa by MrBellz87(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2016
I applied recently for a tourist visa at the Italian embassy, I was unable to submit my certificate of payment of tax on personal Income (PIT) and Tax clearance certificate (TCC) because I don't have any, I manage my own personal company which is an electrical company, I only submitted my certificate of business incorporation, personal statement of account and the rest of the documents.

Pls I just want to know if this can leads to my visa denial cos I could not provide my tax cert or because I don't pay tax either.

I will be glad if anyone can reply ASAP.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice / Help Needed For Germany Visit Visa Application / My Nigerian Passport Has Two Passport Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.