Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero (8445 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by PenSniper: 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
cheruv:
Yorubas and lies shocked

This revisionism won't still change the fact that Viktor Pancho was a traitor and the worst mistake Ojukwu did was trusting him for command of operation Torch! angry

Your prejudiced and demented mind conveniently overlooked the fact that Victor Banjo was murdered by Ojukwu with Ifeajuna, Agbam and Alile and not alone.
Ojukwu killed them because they told him the truth to his face - the biafra hadn't what it would take to win the war- something none of his Ibo yes-men was bold enough to tell him.
When he later discovered the truth himself, he decided to abandone his people to their certain deaths and flee in skirt and blouse like a woman.
What a monumental failure !
What an extra-ordinary cowardly soldier !
What a shameful let-down and worthless leader.
In saner climes, Ojukwu would've been executed for treason by Ibos but they venerate a failure as a hero which says a lot about their mentality.
Gosh !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by WETINUSABI: 12:46am On Oct 09, 2015
PenSniper:

That is the true summation.
No worthy Ibo officer to saddle with such a task, not even Ojukwu himself because he was afraid of dieing.

Exactly
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by Duru1(m): 12:50am On Oct 09, 2015
WETINUSABI:
And your so called book that you are now quoting had to be written by a white man who definitely wasn't in Nigeria at the time of war.

The most believable and authentic sources are usually first hand experiences and Victor Banjo's daughter released a book about such experiences from her dads letter to them during his travails. The book is titled "LETTERS TO MY WIFE".

I have a hard copy of the book here with me and it is the source of my thread. I wish there is a way for me to convert the hard copy into Ebook and upload everything here for you to see.

For once, I urge you to stay away from Nowa Omogui craps. He was neither in Nigeria nor Biafra when the civil war was fought. To the best of my knowledge, he was not even a member of Boy's Brigade of any of the warring countries.
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by cheruv: 2:26am On Oct 09, 2015
PenSniper:

Your prejudiced and demented mind conveniently overlooked the fact that Victor Banjo was murdered by Ojukwu with Ifeajuna, Agbam and Alile and not alone.
Ojukwu killed them because they told him the truth to his face - the biafra hadn't what it would take to win the war- something none of his Ibo yes-men was bold enough to tell him.
When he later discovered the truth himself, he decided to abandone his people to their certain deaths and flee in skirt and blouse like a woman.
What a monumental failure !
What an extra-ordinary cowardly soldier !
What a shameful let-down and worthless leader.
In saner climes, Ojukwu would've been executed for treason by Ibos but they venerate a failure as a hero which says a lot about their mentality.
Gosh !
Don't get tired easily undecided
Pour out all the venom you've, after all now its the only opportunity you've to do so till Nigeria divides.

But lemme tell you something....
Ojukwu messed up by replacing Nwawo with Pancho as leader/commander of operation torch!
If I were Ojukwu,I'd ve beheaded Pancho,dismembered his body and burned his bones over lime.this would send a clear msg that the national authority of Biafra would not be trampled upon.
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by Rotimi47: 3:46am On Oct 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Warfare is such a complex and dirty game.
Even though Gen. Gowon declared "No Victor, No Vanquished" as the outcome of that terrible period, the truth is, both sides (Nigeria and Biafra) ended up as losers

Below is the last page I'm gonna be posting from this book, to conclude with. We should all be students of history. I don't think it's right for anyone to post things made up of figments from one's imagination.

My counter claims are documented for anyone to verify, and I have more books detailing on the participants in this dark chapter of the history of this country.
How did banjo withdraw from Benin when he was the one who lead the invasion of Ore in Ondo State as instructed by Ojukwu after Banjo advised against it due to Biafra military being over stretched? Banjo lead the attack on Ore Ondo State but he lost and got pushed back.

I have read several books were it is stated that Ojukwu killed Banjo because he was getting more popular & powerful & due to these Ojukwu was suspicious that he was going to overthrow him.

Let look at it from this angle; how will a banjo coup succeed in Biafra when he is but one Yoruba fighting alongside mostly Igbo people and other South south tribes? How will he convince the biafrans to fight against Ojukwu when they see Ojukwu as their Messiah who saved them from the Northerners? Do note that every tyrant leaders have always killed people due to suspicion based on insecurity? Please tell me what happened after Banjo got killed? Biafra started losing battles after battles.

Banjo was the main biafran military tactician who got killed due to lack of trust.

3 Likes

Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by oyatz(m): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sir, please answer these questions as fair as possible.
1) Didn't Biafra used weapons and ammunitions gotten from foreign countries?.. Is there a law/ universal war convention which forbide using ammunitions from foreign countries?
2) Why did Biafra had to rely on the benevolence of her opponents, the Nigeria in getting access to weapons, food supply and other essential commodities for the survival of Biafra?
3) Did Biafra ever entered into an aggrement with her opponent, the Nigerian State NOT TO block her access to the outside world via the sea and land to ensure smooth supply of weapons, food and medications which the Nigerian state reneged , prompting Biafra to shout foul play?
What manner of military leader leads his people into a war, basing their survival on the benevolence and magnanimity of his opponents?

whirlwind7:

After Banjo's treachery was uncovered, there is no other penalty other than death. He had planned the assassination of Ojukwu, and he almost succeeded. For every logical reason, he had to pay the penalty for that.

As for your saying that the "murder" of Banjo led to the defeat of Biafra, well, just to put it mildly, that is a lot of hogwash. The incident of Banjo's betrayal of course, affected the morale of Biafra's army. But their eventual defeat was due to Britain covertly supplying the Federal forces with arms and ammunition, coupled with the act of genocide by the Nigerian government through the blockading of food and relief supplies meant for the civilian populace who eventually starved to death in their millions.
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by koladebrainiac(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
whirlwind7:
The book continues in the following pages:

this book or whatever it is a pure lie. biased n the tone n manner itwas written was propagandist in nature. Well we have swen more books true some other people's account. besides the way he mentioned *managed to recruit ifeajuna...* looks so poo.
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by obaaderemi: 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
oyatz:
Sir, please answer these questions as fair as possible.
1) Didn't Biafra used weapons and ammunitions gotten from foreign countries?.. Is there a law/ universal war convention which forbide using ammunitions from foreign countries?
2) Why did Biafra had to rely on the benevolence of her opponents, the Nigeria in getting access to weapons, food supply and other essential commodities for the survival of Biafra?
3) Did Biafra ever entered into an aggrement with her opponent, the Nigerian State NOT TO block her access to the outside world via the sea and land to ensure smooth supply of weapons, food and medications which the Nigerian state reneged , prompting Biafra to shout foul play?
What manner of military leader leads his people into a war, basing their survival on the benevolence and magnanimity of his opponents?

Una no go kill these our igbo brothers.You keep rubbing it in their faces.This has to stop.There should be a handshake across the Niger.
Re: The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero by danot1030: 9:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
For the Igbos that always accused the Yorubas of betrayal, this history has revealed who is the real betrayal.

Igbos betrayed the faithful Yoruba man and killed him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ambode At Children End Of The Year Party / Publish Monthly Allocation To States, LGAs – Falana Tells AGF / OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.