Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66808 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Do you know what christians do for muslims everyday? Good story by the way.
It is those same thieves up there that set the commoners against each other but with this little show of kindness,they will be put to shame.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by freedom96: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Only if the bigots will listen.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by raziboi(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by freedom96: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
peppyluv02:
Do you know what christians do fir muslims everyday?
instead of u to accept this,u re questioning in denial?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Haters of GEJ, learn from this just as I luv PMB.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by aldame: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Good story but Akpabio example is a bad one because it is out of selfishness
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by IYANGBALI: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
missKiffy:
I don't judge people based on tribe and religion
only that you don't date people outside your tribe grin

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by AnanseK(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
The tribalists are angry. They hate unity.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by uswad: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
One Nigeria
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by youmuboy007: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
And how did it affect the price of garri in the market

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by boman2014: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
V
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ochestraone(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
right now i am crying, i have never stoped preaching unity, in this struggles of the common man, unision matters alot, we are being forced to fight each other, it takes nothing for us to understand that we are one, the youths must say no to tribal war and brutal racist, our musicians are yet to drup a unity song. Now i think i will work on that, one love

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by advocates: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
I stay up north as a Christian from Enugu, and it's a common knowledge that northerners are more considerate to others. Nevertheless, religion seems to be their major short coming, but beside that, they are a simple, down to earth people. I consider myself a Northerner having being given birth here.

Some good igbos can really be good if you are fortunate to find one, but not the idle ones here who from the stable of their caves will invade this forum as termites to create instability. Wonder where these ones come from. These are the greatest hindrance to peace and we must collectively stand to oppose them. Nigeria will be great again.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by refreshrate: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
Olu Falae come and comment
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Go and sleep.
freedom96:
instead of u to accept this,u re questioning in denial?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by melzabull(f): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us ](both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites] and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.
Did you say this just to curry favour of who exactly? Nonsense!

This country is never one and will never be.

Secondly you even messed up the whole thing more with the bolded. why don't you give an example like:
"That's why an aregbesola will be supporting an amaechi?"

Nonsense again!

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by anibi9674: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
abegi d okada man did not do anything for you rather he did for his hausa speaking brother.

7 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by kristisking(m): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Story for tje gods!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by francizy(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP, the bike rider didn't do it for you, he did it for his brother. By the way, meet him in time of crises, then if you come out alive, I'll believe what you preaching.. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by akpumping7720(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Yea... I think this tribalism issue is a personal behaviour and not to be generalize. I was in my apartment last weekend; and my neighbour who happens to be a calabar woman but married an igbo man was in d compound and the children were playing outside; d first daughter was singing dis popular nursery rhymes: my head, my shoulder, my knee, my toes; they all belong to Jesus. As the girl was about to sing the yoruba version of that rhymes, her mother just shouted at her to shut up. I was furious and wanted to come out 2 challenge her but I just control myself and since its none of my bizness. A fellow igbo woman who stays in the neighbourhood brought her daughter's wedding clothes for dis my neighbour and she responded that the clothes resembles yoruba clothes cos d other igbo woman's daughter is getting married to a yoruba woman.
So it always baffles me why she hates the yorubas so much... Not even minding d fact that the owner of the building is a yoruba and most of her husband's clients are yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by frakdon(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
you guys bargained N100 with the first bike rider but unfortunately the bike's chain cut and the second bike man you stopped asked you to give the N100 to the first (okada rider) which you did? so how is that free of charge?

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ignis: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.

RUBBISH
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by adejaresalami1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
your mumu don ripe.....what has that got to do with thread

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by melzabull(f): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
advocates:
[s]I stay up north as a Christian from Enugu, and it's a common knowledge that northerners are more considerate to others. Nevertheless, religion seems to be their major short coming, but beside that, they are a simple, down to earth people. I consider myself a Northerner having being given birth here.

Some good igbos can really be good if you are fortunate to find one, but not the idle ones from the stable of their caves who invade this forum as termites to create instability. Wonder where these ones come from. These are the greatest hindrance to peace and we must collectively stand to oppose. Nigeria will be great again[/s].

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by bewla(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
thank u ops
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by frakdon(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
francizy:
OP, the bike rider didn't do it for you, he did it for his brother. By the way, meet him in time of crises, then if you come out alive, I'll believe what you preaching.. undecided
you can imagine oo. Ah!

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
When terrorists kill non-muslims, people put the blame on Islam but when the same terrorists kill muslims, the so called christians rejoice. Is that what it means to be a good christian?

The problem with Islam is that the Wahhabis are against the teachings of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and they have invented their own "islam" and they are getting alot of people to believe their manipulated translation of the religion against the true Islam which stands for peace.

But non-muslims, most especially christians would rather believe the Wahhabis since their teachings demonizes Islam. Its such a pity to be sitted down here and watch "good christians" laugh at us as our religion is being attacked.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ToyinDipo(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
@op I served in the north, and I can tell you that the nicest people you can find in Nigeria are Hausa, in minority. Likewise the vilest Nigerians also come from there, who are mostly uneducated. Bigotry or not, just know how to strike a balance when relating with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by francizy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mogidi:

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.

Are you minding the mumu?.. undecided

Like there's anything new in that. Even in my area in Lagos here, many people took free bikes during campaign and election/handover period. All you needed to do was scream sai Buhari and you got a free ride.. OP's news is stale.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by twosquare(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Unfortunately, there are more devils than Saints ... Tell that to a family killed by herders....

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by UnimkeAk(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
modelmike7:
Thanks a lot for sharing Op. In Unity we stand.

In Unity we Stand neck deep in crude oil and natural gas holding hands screaming one nigeria kumbaya

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by oluwafemim(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mogidi:

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.
You still dont get it Mr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.