Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66811 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by solonazzy: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Samguine:
The level of tribalism and hatred for other tribes and ethnic groups in this country is mind-boggling. The ones displayed on Nairaland are worse. You see supposedly educated Nigerians spewing trash and insulting other tribes and other religion. It is very bad. The poor hate the rich. The Igbos hate the Hausas. Itsekiris hate the Urhobos, Christians hate the Muslims and vice versa. When Jesus Christ instructed us to love our neighbors, He knew what He was saying. This is because only Love for one another can take this country forward. Only love for the next person can make you grow. Only love for that man or woman, whether Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, Idoma, Itsekiri or Nupe can make Nigeria better. One love, will keep us together.

It starts with you, it starts with me.
N to worsen it, nairaland peeps r so religious n den so tribalistic ...... So much hate speeches towards other tribes n even religion..... 1 begins to wonder Wat religion has personally contributed to d lives

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
soloehis:
This is so touching kudos to the selfless bike man..but u OP..u didnt do well at all u should have parted with atleast 100 naira to encourage the kind gesture of the bike man..yet on sunday u will give offering in church ..shout hosana when a man laboured for u and took nothing back home.
. And to all we should learn to show little kindness to the down droden especially those hawking various commodities on the street.we shouldnt be pricing to the extent that they would be compel to sell below cost price for them to just have some thing to eat

Honestly,it crossed my mind but am not sure why I refrained.

I give to the down trodden when I have. And I give irrespective of ur tribe or religion.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by friends4ever(m): 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by atlwireles: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

What class of the North is corrupt? The Elite. How about the East? The Elite also. The South and West nko? Same Elite.

But the man on the street in the North is feeling effect of corruption as badly as the man on street in the East,South and West.

Know who the foes are brother,and know who the victims are.

Everybody feels what they want to feel, the intent of this thread was to paint a false propaganda, it had to be shoot down.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Appareil(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hey hey! Just drop Akpabio's name please! Thanks.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by isarumah(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
I lived at a village called Nung-udoe in Akwaibom state. One evening, I was coming from Uyo to the village with my bike when suddenly, my chain cut. It would not be funny for me to push the bike to the nearby mechanic, hence I did not attempt it. I stopped two Okada, they could not tow me.
the third one towed me to my house. I was afraid of the amount he would call, this man surprised me by saying 'aboki,don't bother'. I am a Muslim Hausa from the north. Most Akwaibom people are good, I respect them.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Appareil(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
atlwireles:

Everybody feels what they want to feel, the intend of this thread was to paint a false propaganda, it had to be shoot down.
My very thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by mossadu(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
proof?
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Mcowubaba: 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Cc ilekeh, PentiumPro etc pm ur fellow infidels cool take note
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by babasanti: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

Another Apc propaganda. Nothin you talk. Nigeria is divided along religious and tribal lines. Until the north will accept they are not born to rule and the oil in our backyard is ours. Then nigeria will be one until then. Rubbish witchcraft party apc!

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by neocortex: 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=Thebachelor post=38791753][/quote]

Keep making up stories to spite the opposition.
No one will deny that there are good Nigerians in every tribe.
From your title one would have thought you are being sincere,
not knowing that you just want to subtlely rubbish your perceived
opponents.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Ilekeh(f): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Story that does not touch

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by advocates: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

An akobata Fulani will always remain a slave. Read my comment slowly before you reply next time.
Your level of reasoning is simply pitiable. The likes of you claim civilization, but everything that ooze out of you smack point to stone age. The moral of the story is crafted for tribal goons like you to realise that the Hausas are not as evil as you would have painted it and also that, an act of kindness/wickedness is not an exclusive reserve of a particular tribe or region.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Appareil(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
advocates:
Oche, anole? great to hear a fellow brother. Idomas I know, are detribalize and i'm not surprise you are one of them. With such ethnic group couple with the Edos I love so much and of course the Yorubas, and some other tribes from the middle belt, no force hatch from hell can undermine the unity of this great country.

We all know the enemy of the state and their venomous tribal remarks of recent bent to disorganised the stability of our darling country, but God pass them.

We will continue to stand in unity regardless of some hired miscreants unleashed to create chaos. Our resolve should be to continue this gospel of unity until it hypnotise every youth. I go sponsor that hit when you release am.
Oche's comment will break any heart but yours was provocative and full of hate. You no fit sponsor any unity. Nigeria is one though!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by DMerciful(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
These were the scams they told us how there is unity in diversity and thus kept this contraption until now....we either restructure or we split....no other way to progress

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by okaforsamuel: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
I'm a full fledged ibo man serving dis country in osun state..all my life,av been confined in ibo land*Thank God 4 nysc,av met pple,acquired lots of experience,learnt oda tribes culture nd learnt 2 mingle wt dem*I'll say dat we d ibos re 2 greedy nd selfish..we love money mor dan our life,we seldom helps,we r 2 self-centered,our glutony is smtn unprecedented,we only care 4 our stomachs..may God helps us d ibos,if nt 4 d northern beligerents proclivities..I'd rather spend my entire life dia..cos I might av peace nd serinity of mind..May God lead us on a safe path*amin*

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
omusiliyu:
Some people are like that. Just to proof to some that not all Hausas are Shekau.

Not all Hausa r Shekarau, but all Shekarau are Muslims.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Fearcom(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Angoni:
Nonsense! The Hausa Muslim akada driver did a favor to a fellow Hausa Muslim akada rider. Not you. The title of the topic should have been what a Hausa akada rider did to a fellow Hausa akada rider. If you want to see how Hausa Muslims really treat southern Christians go north: and you see them waving branches in the air, both old and young, women and men, when a church is bombed or a southerner is in power. Do not be naive and fool others here, Mr Ostrich.

I beg to differ: Have stayed in different places in the north at various times and the people I stayed with, who were hausa Muslims treated me very well. Both those that knew me and didn't know me treated me well. And the generality of them are hospitable. Not all but most of them
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Appareil(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
aldame:
Good story but Akpabio example is a bad one because it is out of selfishness
Very selfish, full of evil intentions. ie vex me sotay!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
okaforsamuel:
I'm a full fledged ibo man serving dis country in osun state..all my life,av been confined in ibo land*Thank God 4 nysc,av met pple,acquired lots of experience,learnt oda tribes culture nd learnt 2 mingle wt dem*I'll say dat we d ibos re 2 greedy nd selfish..we love money mor dan our life,we seldom helps,we r 2 self-centered,our glutony is smtn unprecedented,we only care 4 our stomachs..may God helps us d ibos,if nt 4 d northern beligerents proclivities..I'd rather spend my entire life dia..cos I might av peace nd serinity of mind..May God lead us on a safe path*amin*

Do dey sell osun weed in ur area ohh u Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Draw a map of Nigeria, cut off the south-west. Cut off the south-east; then finally cut off the south-south. What you have left is the only part of Nigeria that such things still happens embarassed
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Meti99(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
ask olu falae what these hausa fulani guys did to him.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by simplisity(m): 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
Until we resolve our differences that is when d unity stand. Let us not pretend that we r one, while some tribes r bearing grevience that they r bein cheated and neglected.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by coolbis: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Elzends:
A rare act of kindness, God bless the hausa Okada rider shaa

But dear op

U can't just jump into needless conclusion becos of that.....

Lemme comment no further shaa...
guy i am from the south too, and i lived in the north for quite a awhile. My best of friends are northernerns, that place has become my home, you need to live with them to know how kind-hearted they are. Those ones perpetrating evel acts amongst them are just one bad apple, very infinitesimal of their population.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by atlwireles: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
advocates:
Your level of reasoning is simply pitiable. The likes of you claim civilization, but everything that ooze out of you smack point to stone age. The moral of the story is crafted for tribal goons like you to realise that the Hausas are not as evil as you would have painted it and also that, an act of kindness/wickedness is not an exclusive reserve of a particular tribe or region.

Akobata Fulani piss on yourself, moral of the story my foot. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by opribo(m): 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

Anybody with an open heart can do that. Why the emphasis on Muslim. A Christian or atheist can so it. Just know it well as you rightly said the cultist and ritualist amongst us, those who have sold their souls to the devil are the problem. They are the ones dividing us and killing us everyday.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by M4gunners: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Okada Man
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by illiad: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oceemo:
Tribal bigot ofcus we know their region but am surprise y yoruba and igbos are alws on loga head then leaving hausa as the men on top y they battle for d second place. I believe if igbo wants 2 do better d should grow some sense and come in unity so as 2 win d seat of power in this great nation if not the level u guys are now I tell ya nothing for una oo.

@op tanks jare we are all one imagine claiming 2 b wise but u are loosing in all ramifications haba u no go plan another strategy.

Oaf detected!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by advocates: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Appareil:
Very selfish, full of evil intentions. ie vex me sotay!
Why don't you drown yourself in the nearest river? You only manage to mutter one Nigeria, but is obvious, you don't mean it from your post.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Lordave: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
advocates:
I stay up north as a Christian from Enugu, and it's a common knowledge that northerners are more considerate to others. Nevertheless, religion seems to be their major short coming, but beside that, they are a simple, down to earth people. I consider myself a Northerner having being given birth here.

Some good igbos can really be good if you are fortunate to find one, but not the idle ones who from the stable of their caves who invade this forum as termites to create instability. Wonder where these ones come from. These are the greatest hindrance to peace and we must collectively stand to oppose them. Nigeria will be great again.

You're a Bastard!

Quote me and say whatever you like, ewu.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by DjAduba(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
That is wonderful!
Though i am not surprise: The Hausa man obeyed one of the commandments of our beloved prophet Muhammad(SAW):

He said you (Muslims) should respect and help people especially those whom you are not in thesame faith with.

We pray that God Almighty will reward this fellow and open our hearts so that we can embrace each others as brothers. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.