Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar (460 Views)

Female Corper Quarantined For Monkeypox In Benue / Monkeypox Hits Rivers State, 3 People Quarantined / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by Hasselbaink: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, UCTH, has quarantined ten persons following the death of a patient in the hospital on Wednesday with symptoms suspected to be Ebola virus.

Dr. Queeneth Kalu, Chairman of  Medical Advisory Committee of the hospital who made the revelation on Thursday in Calabar while addressing pressmen  said blood samples have been sent to the Ebola Diagnosing Centre in Benin Edo State.

“On Wednesday, 7th October, 2015, we managed a patient who presented with symptoms mimicking viral hemorrhage (Ebola Virus) and have decided to take the necessary measures”.

Dr. Kalu stated that those quarantined are principally nurses who attended to the patient and those who  came in contact with him before his death.

‘”The following have been informed: National Centre for Disease Control, Federal Ministry of Health,  The Cross River State Government, Calabar Municipality, and the Department of State Security Services, DSS”

She said further information will be provided to the public as soon as the test results of blood samples sent for analysis in received by the hospital.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ebola-hits-nigeria-again-10-quarantined-in-calabar/
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by psucc(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
No! No! not again please.
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by yanabasee(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
IT'S A LIE.... WEDNESDAY I WAS AT THE TEACHING HOSPITAL BEFORE MOVING TO MEDICAL CENTER AND THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE THAT REPORTED IN THE HOSPITAL.
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by ojeota(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
I hope this is not true because this time it wont be as easy as the first.
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by arthurous(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
i pray is not true. it will not happen again in this country my God protects us amen
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by softvio(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
God Help Us oooo....i pray it fake
Re: Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar by Wenebadu(f): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
No No No........affliction shall not rise the second time

(1) (Reply)

How To Skip Being Sick For Atleast A Year Using A Simple Strategy That Works / Moderate Beer Drinking Is Good For The Heart- Nutritionists / Photos:4 Causes And Remedies Of Dark Armpits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.