Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? (4096 Views)

NNPC Completes Payment Of N450 Billion Debt To FG / ''I Am At War With Kwankwaso Over N300 Billion Debt - Ganduje / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by enkay2go(f): 5:52am On Oct 09, 2015
donsteady:

Especially Warri, warri is gradually becoming like Sapele.
Thanks to Uduaghan. That short man devil needs to be jailed.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by dridowu: 6:09am On Oct 09, 2015
stanech:

the last time the list was published Lagos was the highest with 1 billion dollars

other states were far behind
We all know Lagos is owning a huge debt, no one is denying that. What you should have do is to provide a recent evidence (link) to counter the op claims not focusing on the "the last time list"
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by stanech: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2015
dridowu:
We all know Lagos is owning a huge debt, no one is denying that. What you should have do is to provide a recent evidence (link) to counter the op claims not focusing on the "the last time list"

I would rather go with the last report because I do not trust the source of this news

And I have seen so many lies from the apc camp that makes me doubt any news coming from their evil assembly.

So I would rather go with the last official report. Than believe this hogwash
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 09, 2015
aresa:

With Delta state as the most indebted state in Nigeria with nothing to show for the huge debt, federal allocations and taxes, why are the wailers, TaNoids, biafra villagers and other enemies of Nigeria not concerned or bothered when it comes to Delta state and the huge debt generated by the PDP governors from Delta state?

Are they wailing to destroy Nigeria as usual..?

Na madness de worry u

CBN has already told us the debt of all Nigerian states n Lagos has the highest debt, Lagos owes over 30 percent of Nigeria's debt.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Ganjafama(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2015
donsteady:

Especially Warri, warri is gradually becoming like Sapele.
You are very correct. No jobs anywhere except keke napep or you teach in a mushroom private school and be earning N12k a month. Even DSC Aladja that is supposed to employ thousands of people is left rotting away. Shell has left. Many companies have also left. I recently heard that chevron is planning to leave too.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Abagworo(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2015
stanech:

the last time the list was published Lagos was the highest with 1 billion dollars

other states were far behind

Lagos has by far the highest external debt. The 700 billion of Delta is a combination of all debts of which that of Lagos might exceed 200billion.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by stanech: 7:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Abagworo:

Lagos has by far the highest external debt. The 700 billion of Delta is a combination of all debts of which that of Lagos might exceed 200billion.

oga debt name debt. nothing like external or internal

PS I am very sure delta States debt is not up to 700 bil. that I know
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Abagworo(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Ganjafama:
You are very correct. No jobs anywhere except keke napep or you teach in a mushroom private school and be earning N12k a month. Even DSC Aladja that is supposed to employ thousands of people is left rotting away. Shell has left. Many companies have also left. I recently heard that chevron is planning to leave too.

Its not the fault of Government. When the people are hostile, investors look for friendlier communities. The militant era eqyally caused a mass relocation of company high earners from Rivers to Lagos.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by watts75: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2015
With projects like this, Delta State debt will even outstrip that of United States. How can you budget 7.4billion naira just to demolish a hill besides an airport under construction? How will the airport cost then?

When Jigawa State uses 9 billion to construct this brand new hospital

https://www.nairaland.com/911914/delta-govt-votes-7.4bn-demolish

Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Agimor(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2015
Uduaghan thief of the century.still wondering when the incumbent government will probe him.definitely,such a thing won't come up because they are all birds of a feather(pdp).
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by eyesofgod: 8:06am On Oct 09, 2015
The extent of the rot in Delta state can only be exposed by a judicial commission of enquiry complimented by forensic analysis of financial transactions by the past administration. Having said that comes the big question: does Okowa posses the magic wand for a rescue mission? The answer is a capital NO. He was a major player in both the Ibori and Uduaghan's administrations. In fact, he is one of the founding fathers of the PDP in Delta state. The state under PDP is run like a mafia organisation where the law of 'Ometa' reigns supreme.As such, information from govt apparati is brutally suppressed.
The governor is the same Okowa everybody knows. His loyalty is to his foot soldiers, the PDP, and his godfathers. The three abysmal achievements by him, so far, are construction of a a new mansion in his residence in Owa-Agbor, the renovation of the governor's lodge in Asaba with N1.2b, and the employment of a retinue of political thugs, mostly of Ika extraction, as aides in govt house.
As I wont to say, always, Okowa is in PDP and PDP is in Okowa.
The end to impunity and financial recklessness at the federal level is an allergy in Delta state.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by otokx(m): 8:10am On Oct 09, 2015
Delta State is an epic case of the failure of sharing physical cash and putting people on payroll who don't know the location of the office
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by eyesofgod: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2015
stanech:

oga debt name debt. nothing like external or internal

PS I am very sure delta States debt is not up to 700 bil. that I know

Though, not reported, the governor said Delta state was owing N650b. But officially, there are pointers to the magnitude
According to the Guardian

...IT is like a well-kept state secret. Nobody in government talks about it. Former Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan and his commissioners were very tightlipped about it. The state of the indebtedness of Delta is, no doubt, a no-go area. Not even incumbent Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, a former Secretary to the State Government under Uduaghan is ready to give out the real figures.
Okowa would rather beat around the bush since he was sworn in last May 29, bemoaning the general pathetic state of the state’s finance as a result of the huge debt profile
Again, at a meeting with top civil servants in the state capital of Asaba on June 5, Okowa was emphatic: “We are in a major debt overhang, a very difficult financial state, we should appreciate that and the onus is on all of us to find a way out, we will need to find a way to input on the lives Deltans...”

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=debt%20of%20delta%20state%20nigeria&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjACahUKEwie_sC767TIAhWIzRQKHQD9CBM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ngrguardiannews.com%2F2015%2F06%2Fdelta-debt-hole-in-the-big-heart%2F&usg=AFQjCNH9UZjVVeUHoKq-9TFUcb69A02U0A&sig2=KuWFXH0xc8ZSQQC86vtgIA

Also, the Vanguard,

I inherited N636bn debt - Okowa

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=debt%20of%20delta%20state%20nigeria&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAIahUKEwie_sC767TIAhWIzRQKHQD9CBM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2015%2F06%2Fi-inherited-n636bn-debt-okowa%2F&usg=AFQjCNG7nT5pJicvNresi0wsXJGpkI2fjA&sig2=3J8ax-IKT2xavQr4TA3aUw

Finally, the newsheadlines

Delta State faces perpetual deficits as debt now N773bn

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=debt%20of%20delta%20state%20nigeria&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDkQFjAJahUKEwie_sC767TIAhWIzRQKHQD9CBM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsheadlines.com.ng%2Flatest-business%2F2015%2F07%2F30%2Fdelta-state-faces-perpetual-deficits-as-debt-now-n773bn%2F&usg=AFQjCNEv0o9eDJk_pHSITO155HBcuU1I9g&sig2=nUpF4f_3tpHHOAXTEo0fmg
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by aresa: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Na madness de worry u

CBN has already told us the debt of all Nigerian states n Lagos has the highest debt, Lagos owes over 30 percent of Nigeria's debt.

Olodo, the new state governor openly revealed almost the same amount of debt he inherited so please tell us the delta state governor is APC.

Abeg shut up...

1 Like

Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
aresa:

Olodo, the new state governor openly revealed almost the same amount of debt he inherited so please tell us the delta state governor is APC.

Abeg shut up...

See u foool ooo, So we should believe a governor's speech than CBN based on Nigerian states n their debt

Lagos has the highest debt in nigeria as released by CBN, And ur here trying to prove that a state with very small debt owes 600 billion I fink ur Yoruba.
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by aresa: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
chuna1985:

See u foool ooo, So we should believe a governor's speech than CBN based on Nigerian states n their debt

Lagos has the highest debt in nigeria as released by CBN, And ur here trying to prove that a state with very small debt owes 600 billion I fink ur Yoruba.

Ode. Who took the money?

Who consumed and is saddled the debt?

The CBN?

Or in your moronic and idiotic world, the delta state governor is lying about what he inherited?

I inherited N636bn debt – Okowa

ASABA—DELTA State governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, yesterday, decried the financial position of the state and disclosed that the government had over N636 billion debt, including contractual obligations, to contend with in the next three years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-inherited-n636bn-debt-okowa/

STFU if you have nothing sane and sensible to talk about...
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
aresa:

Ode. Who took the money?

Who consumed and is saddled the debt?

The CBN?

Or in your moronic and idiotic world, the delta state governor is lying about what he inherited?

STFU if you have nothing sane and sensible to talk about...

Respect urself.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/lagos-leads-nigerias-most-indebted-states.html
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by aresa: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
[s]
chuna1985:

Respect urself.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/lagos-leads-nigerias-most-indebted-states.html
[/s]

Ambode Inherits N418.2 Billion

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ambode-inherits-n418-2-billion-debt-burden/210573/[/quote]

ASABA—DELTA State governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, yesterday, decried the financial position of the state and disclosed that the government had over N636 billion debt, including contractual obligations, to contend with in the next three years.

You really need to keep quiet...
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Ambode Inherits N418.2 Billion

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ambode-inherits-n418-2-billion-debt-burden/210573/

You really need to keep quiet...

Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by richeso: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
[size=25pt]Op you and your source are liers!... PROPAGANDA OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.[/size]
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by aresa: 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
[s]
richeso:
[size=25pt]Op you and your source are liers!... PROPAGANDA OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.[/size]
[/s]

You mean the Delta state governor saddled with the debt is a lair and he's just lying about his own state's financial trouble?

Dumb asssx idiota..
Re: Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? by richeso: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You mean the Delta state governor saddled with the debt is a lair and he's just lying about his own state's financial trouble?

Dumb asssx idiota..

See this mumu... na today monks like you dey post rubbish for internet? no go look for better work work, else na bullet on your forehead you dey find.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east / This Pretty Lady Is Looking For Her Dad / Is This Guy A Prophet? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.