Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? (607 Views)

2015 Elections Were Not Perfect – Jega / 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari / Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu: A Must Read What The Prophets Are Saying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by ekesimo(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2015
Prior to the 2015 general elections, they were all over the place. At every turn, you see acclaimed men of God prophesying and “telling the mind of God” concerning the presidential election. Although they belonged to different denominations, their prophecies had a common denominator that the immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan would be re-elected for a second term. However, there were a few who believed that Jonathan would be defeated in the March 28 , 2015 presidential poll. An Abuja based prophet, Joshua Iginla of the Champions Royal Assembly prophesied although the person (Jonathan) sitting on the seat may not be perfect, but he would continue in office beyond May 29, 2015. Iginla who claimed he was speaking the mind of God and not speculating, predicted that there would be serious massive destruction of property and loss of lives on the eve of the election. Iginla had declared: “No matter how well organized 2015 election is, it will be faulted, I am not a politician nor belong to any political party, I am just speaking God’s mind. The person sitting on the seat might not be perfect, but he will retain the seat. It’s not a guess work, howbeit, it will be a battle between the lion and the tiger …. Shortly after the elections, especially on the eve of the election, there will be great vandalisation. I see cars being burnt, lives lost “President Jonathan will win but will have to pray. The President and his wife should pray that the first lady would finish the tenure together and not lose one before the end of their tenure.” Following suit, the founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church , Primate Elijah Ayodele Babatunde said: “ This year’s election will throw up a lot of issues, president Goodluck Jonathan will do everything to win a second term, however, he needs 14 days prayers to have a peaceful reign to enable him complete a second term. The chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega will be confused during the polls. There will be several gimmicks to cajole the INEC to rig the election. E- voting will not work. There will be ballot box snatching and stuffing during the election. The President should also commit his health and that of his wife to prayer, “Jonathan is in the midst of enemies who are after his life” Similarly, Apostle Johnson Suleiman of the Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, with its headquarters in Auchi, Edo State, the 2015 general election was going to be trailed by bad news. Suleiman said the 2015 presidential poll was going to be a re-enactment of the of the June 12, 1993 presidential election fiasco. In the June 12 1993 presidential election, presidential candidate of the defunct Social Democratic Party(SDP), Chief MKO Abiola was adjudged the winner of the poll, which many had described as the best in the history of Nigeria, but he was never declared winner as the election was annulled. The preacher while urging President Jonathan to be careful as there were plans to assassinate him, also predicted the presidential poll would be marred by violence and eventual end in the court. “I see President Goodluck Jonathan coming back, but there was trouble. Patience Jonathan needs serious prayers. 2015 presidential election will be rigged, marred by violence and end up in court case. 2015 elections is another June 12. The man who truly won will not govern or rule,” Suleiman prophesied. Prophet Michael Olubode, aka Micadeolu of the Celestial Church of Christ based in Lagos like many of the “prophets” said God has revealed that Jonathan would get a second term as president. According to him, although the president was hated in some quarters, he must rule beyond the May 2019 terminal date of his first tenure. Olubode said: “I want to let the people of Nigeria Know that the Lord will return His Excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to his presidential seat, despite much hatred for him. It pleases the lord of Celestial to increase his tenure at the presidential villa. However, Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry in Enugu, Fr. Ejike Mbaka of the Catholic Church saw differently. He said Jonathan would not win the election. While noting that the nation was slipping out of the hand of the former president, the reverend father said the holy spirit has rejected Jonathan as president. Mbaka reportedly stated that“ the President has become a Badluck” However, in twist, General Overseer of Galilee Christian Center, Lagos Prophet Willams Onuoha saw a different thing all together. He said Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha would be the president of the country, except to follow God’s direction. “The current governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, would become Nigeria’s President unless the governor failed to adhere to God’s direction,” he prophesied. Interestingly, the 2015 election did not go according to the prophesies of the “men of God”, except of course Father Mbaka, who seemed to have hit the bulls eyes. Contrary to the prediction of the prophets, Jonathan lost the presidential election to President Muhammadu Buhari. Not only did former President Jonathan lose the election, the presidential was also not characterized by violence, neither was there a replay of the June 12, 1993 debacle. Buhari, the man who was declared the winner of the March 28 presidential contest was not only sworn-in, he has been presiding over the affairs of the nation since 1993. Suddenly, all the prophets that prophesied and claimed that God told them that President Jonathan would be reelected had suddenly lost their voices. The only man still holding his high is Mbaka, who predicted the fall of the immediate past president. Not a few are wondering why the prophesies failed. Did the self-acclaimed prophets actually heard from God? Or was it that they did not hear well or did they just give their jaundiced opinion to their gullible congregations and claimed that God spoke to them. While many of the prophets, whose prophecy failed had hid their faces in shame, a few are making feeble attempts to explain why their prophecies failed. One of the them is Suleiman. He told a national daily recently that “Whether a prophesy is fulfilled or not depends on who it’s said about. Few of the people prophesied about contacted me. I don’t want to call names but they contacted me. You said I won’t get this or that, I want it. Can it be reversed?’ I said very well. If you are given certain prayers to make, prophecies can be reversed. If you’re given certain things to do, prophecies can be reversed. And actually, there were some people I never thought would reach out to me, those who were Muslims, those who were stubborn leaders, they contacted me. So, I told them ‘this is not about man, it’s about God. If you’re humble enough, we can pray about it.” The failure of the prophesies to come true had raised serious doubts about the credibility of the prophets. Analysts say the hallmark of a true prophet is that when he prophesies, it comes to a fulfillment. But it is not actually for humans to judge. Their judgment lies with God, for as the holy book says: woe to him, who said thus said the Lord when the lord has not spoken.
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by politricks: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Later they will say islam is a joke.
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by emeviks: 7:45am On Oct 09, 2015
Only God knows the true prophets from the false ones. May they cover their heads in shame. #FalseProphets#
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by pet4ril(f): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2015
politricks:
Later they will say islam is a joke.
what did Islam prophesy?
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by dridowu: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2015
Most men of God in Nigeria are only doing guess work in Nigeria
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by brize(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2015
I just love the Catholic church..... They are the only church still making the christians to be respected all over the world. Though with some flaws but with God's direction and protection they will conquer..... I don't wanna talk about all those prophets because i know nothing about them

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by Day169: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Where are the prophets? Gone with the wind I'd say.
In a study which revealed that 1 in 10 people in Nigeria has a predisposition to psychiatric problems, and against a backdrop of pervasive hunger and dehumanised living, with an inordinate desire for lucre, what would it take a felon to assume the right of a seer or prophet.
The wind of change has blown and they've moved on to other pasture.
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by haffaze777(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2015
I hate it when people call those clown a prophet,man of God or spiritual father.u can call dem pastors but prophets is no no no no no
Re: 2015 Elections: Where Are The Prophets? by politricks: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2015
pet4ril:
what did Islam prophesy?
We dont go to mosque to listen to prophecies.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Kogi APC Senator Loses Seat To PDP / [news]nigerian Army General Enitan Ransome Kuti Jailed For Supporting Boko Haram / Swimming Pools In The Country Of Western Nigeria- Yomi Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.