Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? (2381 Views)

Osinbajo Inaugurates Nigeria Industrial Policy And Advisory Council (Photos) / Miyetti Allah Commends FG For Providing Grazing Areas For Fulani Herdsmen / Grazing Areas For Nigeria’s Herdsmen Must Be Federally Owned (security & Trust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2015
It's no longer new the crises between Fulani herdsmen and farmers across the country. What is new here is the enactment of a policy that may cede ones land to others in the name of grazing areas. This may mean denying a people their legitimate home land. Certain questions sincerely beg for answers herein. Most such grazing land be extended to all parts of the country? Are we now in a communist state? Will lands in places like Sokoto be ceded to fishermen or farmers of the south? Can't they herd those animals in the north and transported for the purpose of trade only down south? Does it mean everywhere in the western world will also be ceded to them for herding just because they also need beef in those places? These among other questions sincerely need answers. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Cc:
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil TonyeBarcanista ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2015
The best approach to hausa / fulani wickedness is to boycott beaf. Afterall, the stuff ain't healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by kenny987(f): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2015
I thought about this as well. During the CONFAB the Committee on Citizenship, Immigration n Other Related Matters debated this issue at length and d recommendation of ranching n grazing routes were passed. Not much was said on how but I know it was envisaged that swathes of land n property were expected to be allocated for the purpose across d country particularly d North Central.

My issues which I was constrained to articulate at the time were whether d cattle rearers would purchase d properties needed as normal business men do? In that case d govt would play a strictly regulatory role by making laws n providing deadlines for compliance. Or would d FG wade in directly by allocating areas by executive fiat n start d drawn out process of paying compensation?

I do believe and expect that as business men, cattle rearers should foot d full cost of their businesses like other Nigerians do especially since proceeds from sale of cattle, milk n Co are not earmarked as belonging to the FG like Petroleum resources. However knowing we have a President and effectively, a govt sympathetic to Fulanis, the major players in this trade, I just wonder.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by ChappyChase: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2015
Am damn happy to see these yorubas feeling hurt by their master!

5 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 09, 2015
ChappyChase:
Am damn happy to see these yorubas feeling hurt by their master!
This is a sensitive issue bro. Let's think of a way out. Thanks.
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Chiaka(f): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Take your protest to the streets and not hiding under cover here

GodsMercy1:
It's no longer new the crises between Fulani herdsmen and farmers across the country. What is new here is the enactment of a policy that may cede ones land to others in the name of grazing areas. This may mean denying a people their legitimate home land. Certain questions sincerely beg for answers herein. Most such grazing land be extended to all parts of the country? Are we now in a communist state? Will lands in places like Sokoto be ceded to fishermen or farmers of the south? Can't they herd those animals in the north and transported for the purpose of trade only down south? Does it mean everywhere in the western world will also be ceded to them for herding just because they also need beef in those places? These among other questions sincerely need answers. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by delphia(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2015
When PMB becomes minister of Agric and Rural Dev he will settle all these rifts

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2015
The fact is that these people are dangerous and should be restricted to a particular place. The best way to control them is by building them ranches and giving them all the conducive environment to grow the crops their cows will feed on (instead of them feeding on the hard work of farmers). I don't care if the govt uses tax payers money to build that, as long as lives are secured, I got no problems..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by ChappyChase: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2015
GodsMercy1:
This is a sensitive issue bro. Let's think of a way out. Thanks.
them no know say na sensitive issue when them back stab Ojukwu and pitched their tent with those almajiris!

4 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by KingTom(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:
The fact is that these people are dangerous and should be restricted in a particular place. The best way to control them is by building them ranches and giving them all the conducive environment to grow the crops their cows will feed on (instead of them feeding on the hard work of farmers). I don't care if the govt uses tax payers money to build that, as long as lives are secured, I got no problems..
This is the first sensible thing you've said all week. wink

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Ovamboland(m): 9:23am On Oct 09, 2015
For all intent and purposes i am not aware that cattle grazing is in the exclusive list on the constitution. What is the meaning of crying to Buhari/FG on what should normally be a local matter. Why are we Nigerians so slow in thinking? We have state assemblies who have the power to regulate and make laws on direction of vehicular traffic and designate one-way or two-way roads but don't know what to do in regulating cow traffic within their own territory. It is really shameful at the low opinion we have of ourselves.

I am not aware of any state assembly in the process of passing laws to prescribe laws on cattle movement and handling. I am aware Lagos State government made laws on where and how to slaughter cows.

What is is stopping the unimaginative assembly men in the affected states from enacting laws to regulate how to handle cattle and protect the right to property that is enshrined in our common constitution.

And the legislators are lucky to have mainly ignorant followers who view the role of the assembly men as the ones to pay hospital bills, rents and schools fees for the needy and help themselves to the remaining money.

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2015
KingTom:

This is the first sensible thing you've said all week. wink

Monitoring spirit is back again oh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Haven't I appeased the gods this morning..? grin

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by kenny987(f): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:
The fact is that these people are dangerous and should be restricted in a particular place. The best way to control them is by building them ranches and giving them all the conducive environment to grow the crops their cows will feed on (instead of them feeding on the hard work of farmers). I don't care if the govt uses tax payers money to build that, as long as lives are secured, I got no problems..

Is there a particular reason why they must be coddled in that manner? Why won't they conduct n pay their business expenses? Esp if d govt wakes up n puts laws in place mandating such n criminalising trespass on farmlands? Should every other group then engage in violence n murder to enjoy government largese?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by warrior01: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Funny lots. When it comes to elections, you will notice the so called herdmen heading to their places to go and cast their votes. Where did they register for their voters cards? Nigerians think

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by KingTom(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

Monitoring spirit is back again oh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Haven't I appeased the gods this morning..? grin
Just 372 shares from you this week? shocked something is wrong. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2015
kenny987:

Is there a particular reason why they must be coddled in that manner? Why won't they conduct n pay their business expenses? Esp if d govt wakes up n puts laws in place mandating such n criminalising trespass on farmlands? Should every other group then engage in violence n murder to enjoy government largese?

Well, to me, the most important thing is human lives. I value the life of a farmer and if I was the president, I'd do just this and then tax the herders when am fully convinced all of them have moved into the ranches..
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2015
KingTom:

Just 372 shares from you this week? shocked something is wrong. grin

Only me? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I suppose win award be that oh, cuz I don dey share pass even dearPreye self.. grin
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

I suppose win award be that oh, cuz I don dey share pass even dearPreye self.. grin

grin grin grin grin grin....There's love in sharing.

Bro, you can share!

Peppyluv02 don talk am too. Hahahaha.
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2015
dearpreye:

grin grin grin grin grin....There's love in sharing.

Bro, you can share!

Peppyluv02 don talk am too. Hahahaha.

No mind kingtom, wetin make the guy dey attack me be say I dey share anti buhari posts wella, including insults... cheesy grin
When I read those insults, I can't just laugh alone na, na to share sure pass.. cheesy

As for my sister, she suppose understand na, since we dey the same boat..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

No mind kingtom, wetin make the guy dey attack me be say I dey share anti buhari posts wella, including insults... cheesy grin
When I read those insults, I can't just laugh alone na, na to share sure pass.. cheesy

As for my sister, she suppose understand name, since we dey the same boat..

Little wonder. But you can share shaaa!

Peppyluv02: a very good sister. She's on our camp. LOL!

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by 1shortblackboy: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2015
Free land just like that !? I guess this country is truely the estate of their late father Usman Dan Fodio. And we're all serfs on their estate
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Little wonder. But you can share shaaa!

Peppylu.v02: a very good sister. She's on our camp. LOL!

No worry, I go decrease my sharing capacity now.. cheesy
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

No worry, I go decrease my sharing capacity now.. cheesy
Please don't. I really enjoy going through my "shared", especially those by you and Preye. These days, I just come online and the first thing I click is 'following', then shares, You and dearpreye are doing a nice job in that aspect, and I really and truly appreciate it. I'm sure your other followers do too. Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Chiaka:
Take your protest to the streets and not hiding under cover here

These are sensitive issues that need solutions. If the lives of your fellow humans are not important to you, then you may consider other threads. Thanks.
Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by francizy(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Please don't. I really enjoy going through my "shared", especially those by you and Preye. These days, I just come online and the first thing I click is 'following', then shares, You and dearpreye are doing a nice job in that aspect, and I really and truly appreciate it. I'm sure your other followers do too. Thanks

Make I share this one join in confirmation.. cheesy cheesy

Chai! Na kingtom go dey suffer am sha..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Pavore9: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2015
The Fulanis should be open to change and shift to zero grazing as the North has a vast landmass and should grow Boma Rhodes grasses for hay. which takes only four months from planting to harvesting. Make bales from it and feeding the cows in their stalls. The cows suffer less stress while producing more milk and beef. What is the rocket science in this?

6 Likes

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by SeverusSnape(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

Chai! Name kingtom go dey suffer am sha..
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin
Thanks Boss!

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by KingTom(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by KingTom(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

As for my sister, she suppose understand na, since we dey the same boat..
Carry on, I'll share your first post here sha, e make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by KingTom(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

Chai! Name kingtom go dey suffer am sha..
so even severedsnake dey give you encouragement? grin

1 Like

Re: Grazing Areas Policy And Recolonization - Any Hidden Agenda? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2015
Pavore9:
The Fulanis should be open to change and shift to zero grazing as the North has a vast landmass and should grow Boma Rhodes grasses for hay. which takes only four months from planting to harvesting. Make bales from it and feeding the cows in their stalls. The cows suffer less stress while producing more milk and beef. What is the rocket science in this?
This will be a very fruitful solution if truly there's no hidden agenda to that policy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"How Abubakar Audu Died" - Younger Brother Recounts / Comparison Of Fashola, Jonathan And Buhari In Picture (2 Years In Power) / The Southeast Region Deserves An Applauds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.