Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Water Leaking Into My Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Water Leaking Into My Car. (2456 Views)

9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Leaking Into My Car. by domin8(f): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Hi All, I have an issue where when it rains, water is present on the floor mat of the driver side. There is also water dripping from the top side of the driver near the window. The Car is a Nissan Pathfinder with a Sun Roof.

Please help as this is ruining the carpeting in the car.

Thanks!
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by ayokenny37(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2015
Have you changed the windscreen before? it may be fixed wrongly

it could also be from the air space on top of ur car if it has

domin8:
Hi All, I have an issue where when it rains, water is present on the floor mat of the driver side. There is also water dripping from the top side of the driver near the window. The Car is a Nissan Pathfinder with a Sun Roof.

Thanks!
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by Spizo: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
maybe u shld get a mechanic to fix it.....i recently used www.autobox.ng/index.php?route=common/whome and i think i like the service
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by ogawisdom(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
domin8:

Thanks!

Go and see ur panel beater to do proper body work
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by domin8(f): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2015
ogawisdom:

Go and see ur panel beater to do proper body work

The vehicle just returned from body work 3 weeks ago and the issue still persists.

ayokenny37:
Have you changed the windscreen before? it may be fixed wrongly
it could also be from the air space on top of ur car if it has

The windscreen has not been changed before.

Advice still needed.

1 Like

Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
Check the seals around your windscreen , window & door.

1 Like

Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by adanny01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
I think there is a drain pipe for water running down from the sunroof. It may get blocked by dirt, debri, leaves etc
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by kingreign(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
domin8:

Thanks!
Where is your location?
If you're in abuja, call Mike 07034581213
Lagos, call Gazzuzz 08023251039

They will help you out
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by OPUSDEI1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello domin8, apparently the sunroof drain hose for your vehicle is blocked and your windscreen/driver's door seals may have been compromised.
Simulate an artificial rain with a thorough check for leaks to isolate the culprit(s).

1 Like

Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by diggy4real: 5:27am On Oct 14, 2015
domin8:

Thanks!

I have same issue too.....Have u fixed yours?
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by domin8(f): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2015
diggy4real:

I have same issue too.....Have u fixed yours?

Yet to get it fixed. sad
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by kingreign(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2015
If you're in Abuja, call Mike 07034581213, he can trace and fix it, however, its NOT free.
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by diggy4real: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
kingreign:
If you're in Abuja, call Mike 07034581213, he can trace and fix it, however, its NOT free.

Am in warri
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by romityl: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Me have the same issue oh with my car n I don't know if it from the sunroof. I need help o
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by kingreign(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
diggy4real:

Am in warri
Sorry bro....
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by PHIPEX(m): 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
I had similar issue months back but mine started after I changed my windscreen. I took it to another service centre who had to remove the windscreen again and refix it properly before it stopped. It was a horrible experience for me. Contact an experienced hand to work on it.

1 Like

Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by Elsafema: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
Me too ooo
Re: Water Leaking Into My Car. by obitryce(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Had the same issue with my lexus till i fixed it myself. Open your sunroof, locate the drain pipes on both ends at the front. Get a container of water & pour it directly on the lines on the sunroof that links to the drain pipes n watch for where it drains out below.Get keke brake line n insert into the drain pipes to clear any blockage/debris n pour more water n see if it drains out properly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mazda Or Toyota / Ford Edge 2012 VS 2008 Mercedes Benz Ml350 / Toyota Camry (OROBO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.