Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:07 PM

Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? (1271 Views)

Ministerial Lists And The Other List / Ministerial Lists: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2015
The long waited ministerial lists was finally released after four months hoping to see new names. But to my own surprise the names that was there are not people we don't know. We don't even have a young person at all in the cabinet. The people there have been ruling us before are still intact. Almost all of them holds of certain post in this nation before. Don't you think this people shouting change are just using us? The only thing they will come out again to tell us is that " WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW". Please when is tomorrow coming with this attitude of our leaders that refuse to step down? Hope the youths are not the Mugus of tomorrow?
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by benedictnsi(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Because it is a Gerontocratic government
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2015
benedictnsi:
Because it is a Gerontocratic government
That means our youth voice can't be heard anymore?
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2015
simtosul:
The long waited ministerial lists was finally released after four months hoping to see new names. But to my own surprise the names that was there are not people we don't know. We don't even have a young person at all in the cabinet. The people there have been ruling us before are still intact. Almost all of them holds of certain post in this nation before. Don't you think this people shouting change are just using us? The only thing they will come out again to tell us is that " WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW". Please when is tomorrow coming with this attitude of our leaders that refuse to step down? Hope the youths are not the Mugus of tomorrow?
what is your definition of a youth?
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by benedictnsi(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2015
simtosul:
That means our youth voice can't be heard anymore?

Your voice will be heard through what you post on Facebook or Nairaland
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2015
1. Most youths are busy chasing girls to Fvck & whatever happens in our country is none of their business unless money is to be shared.

2. Some Youths died during the Elections & their dreams died with them as well.

3. Most are now into Music 'cause music industry now pays so much and they care less about our political setting, their own na for u to pay dem money for shows.

4. the remaining ones are afraid.

RESULT: THOSE OLD CARGOES OVER THERE WONT STOP LEADING UNTIL WE DO SOMETHING.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
what is your definition of a youth?

Youth is the time of life when one is young, is an experience that may shape an individual's level of dependency, which can be marked in various ways according to different cultural perspectives.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Infomizer(m): 10:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Youths...na mouth we get, no action. Jokes apart, we're not aptly poised to be involved on that level of politics. When they say the beautiful ones are not yet born, isn't it because the ugly ones are not yet dead? The political methuselahs want to hold on to positions and appointments forever and the youths that should replace them (I'm referring to age group 25-35 ish), are too distracted by the vicissitudes of life to be actively involved in politics. Who then will they hand over to? Who will wrest the power off them? They are the alphas and have eliminated the competition by fuccking the system up, making the youths the political betas. There will be a beta uprising. No one knows when or how, but the zeitgeist is aroused.

*Drops mic*

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2015
Simply cos we re operating GERENTOCRACY
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2015
simtosul:

Youth is the time of life when one is young, is an experience that may shape an individual's level of dependency, which can be marked in various ways according to different cultural perspectives.
Fashola and Amaechi are old men?
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by divineappo(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2015
@op; During d electioneering campaign, did buhari make any promise to include ur name or d name of youths in d ministerial list? U beta go and face ur studies, u jambite! Ur opinion lacks sanctified common sense. Its not worthy of an audience even in dis 21st century. U beta divert ur aggression to d senator in ur constituency dat has been diverting development funds to his personal account. Nigeria needs serious repairs. Buhari has appointed pple he trust enough to work with him. Lets watch dem do their job. And if they fail or steal, we can begin to talk. I would rather prefer dis list simply bcoz, buhari is simply ok with dem. #shikena
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by hinwazaka: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Look at the APC, can you mention one major player, whose age is below 45. That's your answer. I saw ABIOLA's stupid daughter on ChannelsTV news track pretending she is relevant in the APC, by claiming the next list might contain names of youths and probably women. How is Oyinlola a youth, because it is obvious that the foolish osunite will be on that list, if it is ever released. Anyone who thinks that this government represents or cares about the future of youths, and females, is horribly mistaken.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by modath(f): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:

Yes, they are close to the grave... cheesy

Seriously though;

NANs no give person mouth talk sha...

Hopefully things will change for the better soon...
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2015
divineappo:
@op; During d electioneering campaign, did buhari make any promise to include ur name or d name of youths in d ministerial list? U beta go and face ur studies, u jambite! Ur opinion lacks sanctified common sense. Its not worthy of an audience even in dis 21st century. U beta divert ur aggression to d senator in ur constituency dat has been diverting development funds to his personal account. Nigeria needs serious repairs. Buhari has appointed pple he trust enough to work with him. Lets watch dem do their job. And if they fail or steal, we can begin to talk. I would rather prefer dis list simply bcoz, buhari is simply ok with dem. #shikena

My hustle continues.God punish ministerial list
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
yes they are old cos in nigeria the youth age range is between 18-35 while fashola is 52 nd amaechi is 50
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2015
modath:

Yes, they are close to the grave... cheesy

Seriously though;

NANs no give person mouth talk sha...

Hopefully things will change for the better soon...
you are very funny,so because amaechi is about 51 now means he is close to the grave?How old is Obama?
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2015
simtosul:
yes they are old cos in nigeria the youth age range is between 18-35 while fashola is 52 nd amaechi is 50
In the Govt of GEJ,please tell us the minister who was between age18-35
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2015
.All this shout of non inclusion of youth in d ministerial list,is simply unnecessary, all we need,are ministers that will deliver whether they are youth or not.There is no country in the world, where,ministers are mostly youth.It is a rarity even in America that is the most advance democracy in the world,to find people of between age 18-35,as ministers,i stand to be corrected.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by modath(f): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
you are very funny,so because amaechi is about 51 now means he is close to the grave?How old is Obama?

Wailers said they are old, you can not argue with noise, their opinion is the Gospel,so they are old...

Audu Ogbeh is the only "yoot" in that list, even Kemi Adeosun is old. grin cheesy
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Youth? The same youth that have sold their conscience for peanuts? The same youths that carry placards to protest in favor of corrupt politicians? The youth will always remain behind like the buttocks. Quote me anywhere
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by hinwazaka: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2015
Mr Gbawe, so, all the youths who work in banks and financial institutions are all dead. So the children of the political class who have 1st class degrees and currently head IT firms and telecom corporations are all singing and acting, while partying with DAVIDO. So all the brothels and clubs now turn back old men who are youth drainers of our young girls. So the son of OBJ and that ridiculous Tinubu is afraid and scared of joining the political class.
Young man, you probably spend all your time watching TRACE TV, and doing YAHOO-YAHOO, that's why you don't know there are millions of people within the age bracket of 30-40 doing amazing things and are more qualified than the bunch of bloodsuckers and retirement home candidates on that hopeless list. I have read all your contributions to this platform, and not one piece could be considered as having any iota of intelligence. Those who claim you are intelligent are simply blind and FOOLISH.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
am not directing my post to immediate past government, just as my indicate its ur opinion. The post is talking about the government in general both past ones nd the future to come cos I have discovered that is like youth doesn't have a say.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2015
hinwazaka:

So, all the youths who work in banks and financial institutions are all dead. So the children of the political class who have 1st class degrees and currently head IT firms and telecom corporations are all singing and acting, while partying with DAVIDO. So all the brothels and clubs now turn back old men who are youth drainers of our young girls. So the son of OBJ and that ridiculous Tinubu is afraid and scared of joining the political class.
Young man, you probably spend all your time watching TRACE TV, and doing YAHOO-YAHOO, that's why you don't know there are millions of people within the age bracket of 30-40 doing amazing things and are more qualified than the bunch of bloodsuckers and retirement home candidates on that hopeless list.
you are on point bro
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by alaoeri: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2015
The youth are not ready to lead besides some are opportuned to find themselves at the corridor of power but fumbled big time eg Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan, FFK etc. You don't sit down at the comfort of your home while the elders are struggling for power & expect to be appointed, its either you join them or you are sideline, Garba Sheu & Adeshina contributed in one way or the other during PMB's campaign that's why they are on board. Whenever the youth are ready, they will grab power by force by fire from the elders & i don't see that happening soon.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by oloyede252(m): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
leave him.age 18 to 35?wen we av youth leader of 45 years.if m lying ask pdp

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2015
JEGA01:
Youth? The same youth that have sold their conscience for peanuts? The same youths that carry placards to protest in favor of corrupt politicians? The youth will always remain behind like the buttocks. Quote me anywhere
don't u think we need to wake up and stop acting the way they want us to do just for their own pocket?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by simtosul: 10:54am On Oct 09, 2015
divineappo:
Ur opinion lacks sanctified common sense.
am tru wit school and working bro. Using vulgar words when addressing a stranger means what? I knw if u think it twice u wil know wat it means I don't use such words on people mostly stranger afterall is a question nd opinion post
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by Jorussia(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2015
oloyede252:

leave him.age 18 to 35?wen we av youth leader of 45 years.if m lying ask pdp
lol,i just tire for these PDP supporters o.they want to kill the old man(pmb).they think politics is like eating bread and butter.what most people don't realise, is that APC is a new ruling party,and as such it needs to consolidate politically.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=hinwazaka post=38812316]
So, all the youths who work in banks and financial institutions are all dead. So the children of the political class who have 1st class degrees and currently head IT firms and telecom corporations are all singing and acting, while partying with DAVIDO. So all the brothels and clubs now turn back old men who are youth drainers of our young girls. So the son of OBJ and that ridiculous Tinubu is afraid and scared of joining the political class.
Young man, you probab

Mr know it all, u were meant to continue my list not to contradict it. I made my points & you should make yours.

the fact that someone graduated with a first class doesnt mean he must be a politician, d fact dt a politicians son or daughter z a first class graduate of a prestigous univ doesnt mean he/she must be a politician or wants to b a politician politicians children have dia own dreams, Chief Anthony Enahoro was a nigerian politician yet none of his children r politicians today, because why? dey r pursuing their own dreams so, watch what u say Old Man.

2. not everyone wants to be a politician whether u work in fcmb or first bank etc, some persons dont just value d idea dey just want to live dia lives like every ordinary citizen of our country, so old man think before u type.

3. we all have phobias and some persons aint really into politics dey mind dia business , not everyone wants to b a politician coupled with d kidnappin, killings etc dey r just afraid of politics and its resultant effects on dia families. so old man, if u r ready, u go over dia and stop contradicting me. I say it as it z not as you want it. thanks.
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by oloyede252(m): 11:06am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
lol,i just tire for these PDP supporters o.they want to kill the old man(pmb).they think politics is like eating bread and butter.what most people don't realise, is that APC is a new ruling party,and as such it needs to consolidate politically.
u are quite right.that why we need experts to govern us not youth of 18 to 35 who are stil struggling in the labour market..d op is a youth what as he contributd to his community politically?noting but they wil cum online to form political analyst..who are they decieving
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by hinwazaka: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2015
author=KRILMIJAY post=38812734]
Mr I- NO- GET- BRAIN, you claimed all the youths are now drug dealers, musicians, woman chasers, and afraid of their own shadows, and I pointed out the folly in your thinking. Now you have continued in your lunacy. Your messiah President was head of state in his 40's, but now he is telling us that youth is no more right. Wake up and demand your future, instead of waiting for NAIRALAND 100 naira commission from your sponsors
Re: Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth? by KRILMIJAY(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2015
hinwazaka:

Mr I- NO- GET- BRAIN, you claimed all the youths are now drug dealers, musicians, woman chasers, and afraid of their own shadows, and I pointed out the folly in your thinking. Now you have continued in your lunacy. Your messiah President was head of state in his 40's, but now he is telling us that youth is no more right. Wake up and demand your future, instead of waiting for NAIRALAND 100 naira commission from your sponsors

U r just a slowpoke, Did u see any drug dealer on my list? just look at how myopic and Stupid u r. A punk that engages in Hasty generalization did i say or mention anything as regrds PMB or APC here?
Look at Someone that claims to be well knowledgeable and yet still behaves like kindergarten pupil.
Get a life Dude, stop quoting people if you dont know whatsup, U talked about trace tv and ya poverty stricken Dad who's involved in yahoo-yahoo cause i know I aint d one u referred to. I know M more Current with issues around our political setting than you do. Oluku wey think say everybody go play politics because im papa na politician, pls no expose ya Daddy's Boi attitude for here abeg. mind ya biz cause dz z a democratic dispensation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Dogara Did Can Derail Democracy / Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP / The Social Media Bill Saga:cartoonist Depicts The Hypocrisy Of APC Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.