Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ (939 Views)

Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) / My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike / Yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ -Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Monogamy: 11:09am On Oct 09, 2015
AGAINST the backdrop of cases of kidnap, harassment and destruction of farms by Fulani herdsmen, former Spokesperson of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode has warned that the South West may resort to self help if the government fails to protect the yoruba race.

In a statement yesterday, Fani- Kayode who hailed the Yoruba peoples meeting held in Ibadan, however warned that the zone cannot be sacrificial lamb to any other zone of the country.

According to the former Minister of Aviation, if and when the people of the South West were pushed to the wall, they would then know exactly what to do, adding that the killings, cases of rape and kidnap must stop.

Fani- Kayode’s statement read in full, “I am delighted that the Yoruba leaders met in Ibadan today and that they had a historic and successful meeting. I was scheduled to attend the meeting myself and I was slated to address the gathering. We left Abuja for Ibadan in a long convoy at 5.00 a.m in the morning but between Lokoja and Okene the road was completely blocked. We were stuck in the logjam for over four hours and by the time we got to Ibadan the meeting had ended.

“Even though we didn’t make it in time I was fully briefed about the meeting and I am very happy about its’ success and outcome. I fully support all the resolutions that were made and I am very proud of all those leaders that participated in it and of the conveners.

“What they have done is long overdue and it is important that we keep it up. The Yoruba must come together and stand united against those that seek to divide, shame and humiliate us and who wish to turn us into second class citizens.

“We must also be ready to defend our territory and our people when and where the government fails in its sacred duty to do it for us. Self-help and self-defense is not a crime but a necessity. We cannot be anyone’s sacrificial lamb.

“This meeting is a step in the right direction and I hope that those who kill, maim, rape and humiliate our people and desecrate our homes and land in the name of cattle-rearing get the message. Things can never be the same again and as long as they continue to kill and attack our people there can never be peace between us.

“Let this meeting be a warning to those that underestimate our resolve in this matter and that mistake our kindness and patience for weakness. The message is loud and clear: if and when we are pushed to the wall we know exactly what to do. The killings, the rapings, the abductions and the desecration and pillaging of our land and farms by these Fulani herdsmen must stop or else there will be consequences.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/yorubas-patience-should-not-be-mistaken-for-weakness/

1 Like

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2015
Mumu cowards. If I say anything here now, two yoruba people will go and hang.

Btw, who dosent know the yorubas are weak?? grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Kyase(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2015
himkers:
F
wetin be F
abeg make naija try divide, but remember we the middle belt owns abuja and we no wan catch any tribe there. Period
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by warrior01: 11:14am On Oct 09, 2015
My Yoruba people no go kill me with laughter

3 Likes

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by ruggedboy01: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Where them e-war Lords?? angry sad

Food don ready cheesy grin grin
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2015
Kyase:

wetin be F

F na Fvck U

1 Like

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by IGBOPRINCE: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2015
When I read the update, I thought it s sth meaningful to nigerian. But I hiss and piss on him.
You guys should say sth important biko
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Kyase(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2015
himkers:

F na Fvck U
lol u too
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by IGBOPRINCE: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2015
When I read the update, I thought it s sth meaningful to nigerian. But I hiss and piss on him.
You guys should say sth important biko

1 Like

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Blakjewelry(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2015
I think the last national conference should be visited
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by stebell(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
himkers:
Mumu cowards. If I say anything here now, two yoruba people will go and hang.

Btw, who dosent know the yorubas are weak?? grin grin

Someone once said that the Yorubas are the problem with Naija.
The same peeps that the Fulanis hav married like Barca marrying Man Utd are beating their chest like they gonna do ish. They shud jus shut the Bleep up, there is nothing they can do order than run and hide like they are known for.

COWARDS TALKING SH*T AS USUAL

1 Like

Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by tpiander: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kokoro to njefo, ara efo lo wa.

Problems are internal, not external
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by tpiander: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Orjioorji(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
They are Coward Sir including you sir.
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by authorMOSES(m): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls let us stop this tribal stuff.let us be serious 4 once.fani kayode spoke his mind & truely the yoruba's elders meeting was long overdue!!biko My igbo brothers,let us extend a friendly/brotherly hand to our yoruba,ijaw,urhobo,itsekiri,& other of our southern brothers&sisters in d south..let the southern part of nigeria bury their agelong rivalry & come together to unite...as an igbo man resident in d north,70% of nigeria's problem is from d far north..n/west&some parts of n/east...a hausa man greatest undoing is his religious intolerance & his uneducated background!!take away his religion & educate him,he will be the best person to live with!But it's difficult to separate a leopard from it spot's.nevertheless,let us make good use of this forum,provided to us,by seun, to unite ourselves in the south.
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by Ferdinand48(m): 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
authorMOSES:
Pls let us stop this tribal stuff.let us be serious 4 once.fani kayode spoke his mind & truely the yoruba's elders meeting was long overdue!!biko My igbo brothers,let us extend a friendly/brotherly hand to our yoruba,ijaw,urhobo,itsekiri,& other of our southern brothers&sisters in d south..let the southern part of nigeria bury their agelong rivalry & come together to unite...as an igbo man resident in d north,70% of nigeria's problem is from d far north..n/west&some parts of n/east...a hausa man greatest undoing is his religious intolerance & his uneducated background!!take away his religion & educate him,he will be the best person to live with!But it's difficult to separate a leopard from it spot's.nevertheless,let us make good use of this forum,provided to us,by seun, to unite ourselves in the south.
Bros I no support u, if not dat u are my brother u 4 see d other side of me, na today dey know dat Fulani are evil dey must reap wat dey sow
Re: ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ by oduastates: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nothing other than the ranting of men who have lost out of the power equation.
Falae did not remember all this when he was doing SDP for Jonathan.
The moment the power vacuum created by his Jonathan caught up with him, he started shouting.
As much as I hate this country, I would rather have buhari than all the other idiiiioots jostling for power.

(1) (Reply)

APC Is Using Boko Haram To Loot Public Funds – Kaka Bolori / Great Igbo Nation Read And Digest / Alleged N10b Fraud: Efcc Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.