Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750622 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yummy76: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
akanniade10:

Okay, I am in a Telegram group consisting of about 120 Uber Lagos partner members only. Send me a mail containing your phone number and i'll drop your number in the group so you can be added. You can download the telegram App if you don't have it.
my nos 08123064329, like to join the group cos I will be a partner soon. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yummy76: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
mrsage:

I love your assessment. I'm also in the Car Hire business and I don't particularly agree with the Uber model.

I'll love to connect with you. I also have a whatsapp group for individuals involved in Car Hire and transportation business. We network and share ideas.

How can I reach you?
@mrsage can you add my nos to the Whatsapp group cos I love what am hearing thanks 08123064329
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 5:28am On Aug 01, 2016
mazinaija:
Please Samyyoung respond to this question

Biz is back up, was just getting to know how its been run

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2016
You can get drivers from daily match making sessions at 4.00 pm in Uber office. If you run a commission model (ensure you have good time to manage the driver and car otherwise there will be more stories than you expected), you can give your driver between 15% and 25% depending on your choice and driver's performance. I used to run this model and I started with a flat 20% commission on after Uber earnings. As I became more experienced, I moved to graduated earnings and gave 15% for less than N80,000 after Uber, 18% for between N80,000 and N90,000, 20% for earnings between N90,000 and N100,000, 22% for between N100,000 and N120,000 and 25% for earnings above N120,000 after Uber. However, I do not do commission model any longer. All my cars and drivers are on rental model and the driver gives me a fixed amount per week
Triplet2015:

Hi @TokyoBulls, Thanks for the updates and necessary information. I am about to put my car on the UBER platform, I have gone through process. I am at the stage of getting a UBER certified driver. My questions are: Can you recommend a reliable UBER certified driver, What is the best Partner/Driver arrangement based on your experience over the years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollyee: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Kindly contact me if you are a driver who resides in Lagos and has completed all the certification process with Uber. I can be reached on 08033835390.
Car brand is Toyota 2009
2 cars available
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 4:36am On Aug 02, 2016
samyyoung:

Biz is back up, was just getting to know how its been run
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NairaBee: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2016
How long does it take to transfer drivers between partners?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NairaBee: 8:06am On Aug 02, 2016
yummy76:
@mrsage can you add my nos to the Whatsapp group cos I love what am hearing thanks 08123064329

Please kindly me to this group 080 6273 5133.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Triplet2015: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
TokyoBulls:
You can get drivers from daily match making sessions at 4.00 pm in Uber office. If you run a commission model (ensure you have good time to manage the driver and car otherwise there will be more stories than you expected), you can give your driver between 15% and 25% depending on your choice and driver's performance. I used to run this model and I started with a flat 20% commission on after Uber earnings. As I became more experienced, I moved to graduated earnings and gave 15% for less than N80,000 after Uber, 18% for between N80,000 and N90,000, 20% for earnings between N90,000 and N100,000, 22% for between N100,000 and N120,000 and 25% for earnings above N120,000 after Uber. However, I do not do commission model any longer. All my cars and drivers are on rental model and the driver gives me a fixed amount per week
@TokyoBulls- Thanks for your prompt response. I really appreciate.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babateemd: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
NairaBee:

Please kindly me to this group 080 6273 5133.
Thanks

please add me to the whatapp group. 09099540630. thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
Few hours max. Sometimes it's done in minutes
NairaBee:
How long does it take to transfer drivers between partners?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
kiss grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 1:09am On Aug 04, 2016
AUG 2016:

@Fanex maybe spot on. @Tokyobulls is quite optimistic!
I would suggest you do UBER only if driving it yourself, or happy with conclusion below:

Based on data here:

Assume 2010 toks Camry bought at 2million.
Estimated average gross earning: 100K per week, after Uber charges.

Average driver salary: 20% of gross 100K = 20K p/w
Fuel: 30K p/w
Toll, Data, Carwash: 10K p/w
Maintenance: 10K p/w

Depreciation (inflation included):
A=P((1+i)n x i)/((1+i)n - i)
On 2million, 4yrs, inflation 17% - i.e. i/mth=0.01317
The Depreciation per mth = 57K per mth = 15K per wk.

TOTAL=20+30+10+10+15=85K per wk.

-----------------------------------------------------------
PROFIT = 100K-85K = 15K per wk = 60K per mth = 720K per yr.

CONCLUSION:
What this means is that in 4yrs time (2020), you would have earned 2.88 million, and will have a newly bought 2014 toks Camry (depreciation savings)!!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jidowu84: 3:29am On Aug 04, 2016
ur analisys is a bomboclat one. t.biz is not for everyone. i see ppl running afta dia drivers n i lol. t.biz in wateva form is for d real biz men wt larg heart, not for huzlers whu cast all dia probs on just 1 car. ask "tokyobulls" for help.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 04, 2016
oxytech:
AUG 2016:

@Fanex maybe spot on. @Tokyobulls is quite optimistic!
I would suggest you do UBER only if driving it yourself, or happy with conclusion below:

Based on data here:

Assume 2010 toks Camry bought at 2million.
Estimated average gross earning: 100K per week, after Uber charges.

Average driver salary: 20% of gross 100K = 20K p/w
Fuel: 30K p/w
Toll, Data, Carwash: 10K p/w
Maintenance: 10K p/w

Depreciation (inflation included):
A=P((1+i)n x i)/((1+i)n - i)
On 2million, 4yrs, inflation 17% - i.e. i/mth=0.01317
The Depreciation per mth = 57K per mth = 15K per wk.

TOTAL=20+30+10+10+15=85K per wk.

-----------------------------------------------------------
PROFIT = 100K-85K = 15K per wk = 60K per mth = 720K per yr.

CONCLUSION:
What this means is that in 4yrs time (2020), you would have earned 2.88 million, and will have a newly bought 2014 toks Camry (depreciation savings)!!

Nice analysis. If the old 2010 camry is well maintained, can it not be sold for 500k or more, which can be added to your profit? Anyway, I think this is still a good investment if you can get good, hardworking drivers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fanex: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2016
'
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olujaidi: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
fanex:
Nigerians sha.

This thing does not make any commercial sense, yet people go as far as collecting bank loans to put Uber cars on the road without any form of research.

Just imagine the condition of a car that burns a full tank of fuel daily on the our roads. Even a brand new car will struggle to last 2 years in the hands of the most skilled and hardworking driver. (remember dues to forex the cost of the car you bought @199/$1 has almost doubled; so good luck buying another one @ $390/ $1 to continue your Uber business).

UBER NIGERIA ONLY WORKS FOR PARTNER-DRIVERS IN-BETWEEN JOBS lets educate ourselves. even for partner-drivers you will have to save 70% of your profit towards you next car.

Sir TokyoBulls, what say you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hussein1586: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
Do you want a free ride?
Use this code to get free ride:

[size=16pt]husseinh298ue[/size]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
@fanex, @oxytech, @kollected44. Let's keep it simple. Uber is profitable for the investor. I have been on the platform and made (and I am still making) profit. Investment analysis is not that complex. And while I see many naive partners who do not appropriately depreciate their cars and strongly advise anyone considering taking an auto loan just for Uber to be cautious, the question I ask partners who burn down the business over analyses is, 'Why have you not left Uber?'. The net profit margin may be small now but there's profit to be made and if you run it very well, you will make money. I am more interested in being more efficient and firm than in a totally negative picture.

With a solid group of drivers on Uber and cars in good working condition, you will make good money. Your Thursday/Friday bank alerts are good enough to make you want to seek better ways of doing the business. If Baba Wasilat driving yellow cab makes profits, we must. It's about the HOW.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
TokyoBulls:
@fanex, @oxytech, @kollected44. Let's keep it simple. Uber is profitable for the investor. I have been on the platform and made (and I am still making) profit. Investment analysis is not that complex. And while I see many naive partners who do not appropriately depreciate their cars and strongly advise anyone considering taking an auto loan just for Uber to be cautious, the question I ask partners who burn down the business over analyses is, 'Why have you not left Uber?'. The net profit margin may be small now but there's profit to be made and if you run it very well, you will make money. I am more interested in being more efficient and firm than in a totally negative picture.

With a solid group of drivers on Uber and cars in good working condition, you will make good money. Your Thursday/Friday bank alerts are good enough to make you want to seek better ways of doing the business. If Baba Wasilat driving yellow cab makes profits, we must. It's about the HOW.

Uber fare: "N400/trip + N90/km + N9/min"

Assumptions: 6 working days, 15 Trips/day, Average speed 40km/hr=0.6km/min, so "1min=1.7km".
Remember Gross earning BEFORE 25%Uber deduction = 134K per wk.

Above, "N9/min" = 1min=N9
Above, "1min=1.7km"
so N9=1.7km, so N5=1km.

So: Uber fare = N400/trip + N90/km + N5/km = N400/trip + N95/km.

To get 134K per wk = N400x15x6days + N95 x km/wk
So: km/wk=1031km - Your nice Car would do about 1000km every week to make 134K Gross!!

Your mileage after 4yrs will have an ADDITIONAL 1000x52x4 = 208,000 Km, with wear and tear!!

After 4yrs of intense UBER use, the now 10yr old Car (2020-2010), will be Scrap!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other un-included cost (one off/yearly): 10% miscelleneaous, Certificate of roadworthiness, Vehicle licence, Insurance-60K, Uber Background check-20K,
Certificate of Incorporation, Phone, etc.

Other downs: Uber relaxing car entry limits (2006 now) and fare; more frequent repairs over the yrs so more down time; increasing fx/inflation effect on
cost of: Parts, Tyre, Fuel, Engine oil; loan increase with MPR increase; more frequent 5000km servicing; etc.

Drivers: In this non-compassionate, survivalist clime, with desperate and challenged reasoning, the Drivers will kill you!!
Chances of getting a "good" SALARY ONLY driver, could be as bad as 1 out of 50!

Drive UBER yourself, or start fasting!!

If I add a detailed health/risk cost benefit analysis for you, after 4yrs; UBER business could reduce your life expentancy by 4-8yrs....and Divorced!!.... smiley wink
("Carless", financial Loss, Accidents, Police matters, traffic fines, Anxiety, BP-Cardio, Drugs, Less sleep.... etc).

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2016
oxytech:

Uber fare: "N400/trip + N90/km + N9/min"

Assumptions: 6 working days, 15 Trips/day, Average speed 40km/hr=0.6km/min, so "1min=1.7km".
Remember Gross earning BEFORE 25%Uber deduction = 134K per wk.

Above, "N9/min" = 1min=N9
Above, "1min=1.7km"
so N9=1.7km, so N5=1km.

So: Uber fare = N400/trip + N90/km + N5/km = N400/trip + N95/km.

To get 134K per wk = N400x15x6days + N95 x km/wk
So: km/wk=1031km - Your nice Car would do about 1000km every week to make 134K Gross!!

Your mileage after 4yrs will have an ADDITIONAL 1000x52x4 = 208,000 Km, with wear and tear!!

After 4yrs of intense UBER use, the now 10yr old Car (2020-2010), will be Scrap!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other un-included cost (one off/yearly): 10% miscelleneaous, Certificate of roadworthiness, Vehicle licence, Insurance-60K, Uber Background check-20K,
Certificate of Incorporation, Phone, etc.

Other downs: Uber relaxing car entry limits (2006 now) and fare; more frequent repairs over the yrs so more down time; increasing fx/inflation effect on
cost of: Parts, Tyre, Fuel, Engine oil; loan increase with MPR increase; more frequent 5000km servicing; etc.

Drivers: In this non-compassionate, survivalist clime, with desperate and challenged reasoning, the Drivers will kill you!!
Chances of getting a "good" SALARY ONLY driver, could be as bad as 1 out of 50!

Drive UBER yourself, or start fasting!!

If I add a detailed health/risk cost benefit analysis for you, after 4yrs; UBER business could reduce your life expentancy by 4-8yrs....and Divorced!!.... smiley wink
("Carless", financial Loss, Accidents, Police matters, traffic fines, Anxiety, BP-Cardio, Drugs, Less sleep.... etc).

cheesy grin thanks for the early morning laugh.

Your views are well appreciated and valid, but so are tokyobulls as well.

Despite the challenges, bottomline is that the business can be profitable even though the profit margin might not be much when you are just starting out. My own advice is if you cant drive the car yourself, then have other investments/pursuits outside uber. If it were in the west where there are good roads, relatively stable fuel prices, stable currency, and all that, it would have been easier to run the business. Yes, Nigeria has a very unstable economy that is affected by many frequently changing variables, but that is not to say Uber cannot be profitable for the common investor. Uber should also look towards reviewing their prices a little upwards in the near future, and understand they are not just to please the customer but the investors as well. the business terrain here is very different from that in the west.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sydsam: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Hi,
Can I register a 2008 Peugeout 406 in good condition on the Uber platform for Abuja?

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
kollected44:

cheesy grin thanks for the early morning laugh.

Your views are well appreciated and valid, but so are tokyobulls as well.

Despite the challenges, bottomline is that the business can be profitable even though the profit margin might not be much when you are just starting out. My own advice is if you cant drive the car yourself, then have other investments/pursuits outside uber. If it were in the west where there are good roads, relatively stable fuel prices, stable currency, and all that, it would have been easier to run the business. Yes, Nigeria has a very unstable economy that is affected by many frequently changing variables, but that is not to say Uber cannot be profitable for the common investor. Uber should also look towards reviewing their prices a little upwards in the near future, and understand they are not just to please the customer but the investors as well. the business terrain here is very different from that in the west.

I stumbled on this site whilst researching about UBER profitability, because someone asked.
As I posted and calculated earlier, there could be some small profit there, so its up to the individual.

All businesses carry different success risk (High-Med-Low), this one is High risk at Low profit-bad combination.
If you want to eat frog, order the one wey get twin eggs!

By the way, am not always pessimistic, if you wish to OWN A HOME cheaply one day, just click on my name above (oxytech).
I just saw, I made a helpful comment... 9yrs ago!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Hi Tokyobulls,
i read your post about Car rentals.
kindly contact me if have more car for Rental/Higher Purchase.
Am Active & Hardworking Uber Driver
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2016
@Angelstartup, your emails are not working, or do you have other email contacts?
Angelstartups:
Hello,

Are you a diligent and hardworking driver?
Do you intend to be your own boss at some point?
Do you have the required documents to drive on UBER or you have already gone through UBER training?

Then send an email to the address here: admin@angelstartups.com.ng and recruitment@angelstartups.com.ng, with your name and phone number.

A Transport Company operates a "Drive-To-Own" model for diligent drivers.

Regards.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Angelstartups(f): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello,

Also send response to Angelstartups@gmail.com

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.