Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749058 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommywindy: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
TokyoBulls:

From experience, due to the pressure of the work, new cars are always better. I will rather have a brand new or almost brand new Hyundai Elantra, Sonata, Kia Serato or Optima on Uber than Nigerian or foreign used Toyota or Honda. That said, Corolla and Camry are also strong and can withstand the pressure of the job.
For the cars I manage and those on drive-to-own, I am responsible for fueling, maintenance and repairs EXCEPT engine-related repairs which hardly occur.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommywindy: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seylex(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
I'm an intending uber driver, will get through the screening exercise by Friday.

Please anyone with a car should please, send whatsapp only to 08092451000. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 12:09am On Aug 09, 2016
Please sped some time learning the ropes before moving to hire purchase. You have done only 9 trips (which could have been done in a day or less) and my advice is that you continue without distractions. For you to do hire purchase on my platform, you must have driven on my platform for a minimum of 6 months and if you have driven for other partners, I access your rating and earnings for the last 3 months and get feedback from your last partner(s).
yommywindy:

@TokyoBulls I am an new uber driver with a life time rating of 5.0. I have currently done 9 trips. out of which 8 was rated and 4 of which is a 5.0 star rating. Please I will like to get a good car on hire purchase or drive-to-own deal. Please kindly connect me if you have any links. my contact details are isaacadekunle@hotmail(dot)com 07031883277
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 12:13am On Aug 09, 2016
@oxytech. Nice to see how well you analyse these numbers. How long have you been on Uber Lagos and how many cars do you have on the platform? How did you get your drivers and what's the remuneration plan you operate on?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EmmyDe25(m): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2016
msanda:

@samyyoung Have you concluded the Uber training and on-boarding process? If so, send your resume to modupe.uber@gmail.com
I know a partner in need of a new driver. I may give you a call during the week.
I need a decent driver too pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2016
EmmyDe25:

I need a decent driver too pls

How can I reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by webmaster3: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2016
@TokyoBulls. Love your post, you seem to know a lot on the Uber business/ Please I would really want to talk to connect with you on phone to discuss on some issues on the Uber platform as am new on the Platform.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yummy76: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Use AXA Mansard. They claim good rates and they respond to claims on time. Most insurance companies do not respond on time and sometimes they do not even pay you because they will ask for tonnes of documents and proofs.

@TokyoBulls please kindly advise, which is preferably to ask driver to collect cash or online payment. And you said that you collect all your cash from the driver within 24hrs. Please explain further. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2016
You cannot determine this. Both options are available to most (if not all) riders so there will usually be a combination of both. You can ask your drivers to pay into your account every day, twice a week or weekly depending on your trust level with your drivers.
yummy76:

@TokyoBulls please kindly advise, which is preferably to ask driver to collect cash or online payment. And you said that you collect all your cash from the driver within 24hrs. Please explain further. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EmmyDe25(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
mrsage:

How can I reach you?
Here is my number : 08037407858. Tx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MKO4ever(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please any idea on how Uber for business works?
My company is considering using uber for his operational calls and other logistics
But the major problem is that multiple trips are not allowed on a mastercard at same time
i.e if a trip has not ended, you cannot book another one
Therefore we are having to consider the uber for business alternative
Please I will appreciate any useful information on how this alternative works
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
MKO4ever:
My company is considering using uber for his operational calls and other logistics
But the major problem is that multiple trips are not allowed on a mastercard at same time

How often do u plan to use uber, can get some uber guys to render d uber service model to ur company, while money is remmitted weekly, could come n explain better to either u or d person in charge of logistics, u can contact me plz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cecegorz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
oxytech:
AUG 2016:

@Fanex maybe spot on. @Tokyobulls is quite optimistic!
I would suggest you do UBER only if driving it yourself, or happy with conclusion below:

Based on data here:

Assume 2010 toks Camry bought at 2million.
Estimated average gross earning: 100K per week, after Uber charges.

Average driver salary: 20% of gross 100K = 20K p/w
Fuel: 30K p/w
Toll, Data, Carwash: 10K p/w
Maintenance: 10K p/w

Depreciation (inflation included):
A=P((1+i)n x i)/((1+i)n - i)
On 2million, 4yrs, inflation 17% - i.e. i/mth=0.01317
The Depreciation per mth = 57K per mth = 15K per wk.

TOTAL=20+30+10+10+15=85K per wk.

-----------------------------------------------------------
PROFIT = 100K-85K = 15K per wk = 60K per mth = 720K per yr.

CONCLUSION:
What this means is that in 4yrs time (2020), you would have earned 2.88 million, and will have a newly bought 2014 toks Camry (depreciation savings)!!

Your analysis looks so sweet on paper, the downside is that this 2010 Camry cannot maintain this weekly delivery for 4 straight years.
With the intense firing of the Engine non-stop and constant engagement with other road users in Lagos, i think the car can only deliver this premium for a maximum of TWO YEARS!
In the subsequent two years, it will be spending more time at the mechanic workshop, thus halving the expected income.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cool4face(m): 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
i just concluded my uber trainning and onboarding process. Any abuja partner in need of a reliable driver should contact on 08065075805. E-mail talk2emma2016@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zanyzara: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
TokyoBulls: you have a mail, please revert. Thanks!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 6:45am On Aug 13, 2016
Replied
zanyzara:
TokyoBulls: you have a mail, please revert. Thanks!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by allibaba47: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
PLEASE KINDLY ADD ME TO THE GROUP 08181000777 THANKS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
cecegorz:

Your analysis looks so sweet on paper, the downside is that this 2010 Camry cannot maintain this weekly delivery for 4 straight years.
With the intense firing of the Engine non-stop and constant engagement with other road users in Lagos, i think the car can only deliver this premium for a maximum of TWO YEARS!
In the subsequent two years, it will be spending more time at the mechanic workshop, thus halving the expected income.

Hope I was not misleading.
I read 10 pages before my first comment and lots of people seemed excited, others lured others, so didnt want to bust the optimistic bubble, since as they say; anything is possible.

If you read this in conjuction with my latter 1000km comment; on the road 6days a week, for 2yrs, is even tricky..... not to talk of 4yrs!

Also, you see that depreciation saving of 57K, you mostlikely wont diligently save or make, and mostlikely end up without a car after 4yrs....or 2yrs.
If I should use that 2yrs you suggested for my calculation!!!!.... some persons here, will fry me! smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fanex: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2016
imagin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adiahabasi: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2016
fanex:
imagine o...

a passenger rode in my 2013 toyota corolla for about 5km and paid less than a N1000 and still had the effrontery to contact uber that the AC was not cool enough; and what did Uber do? my driver was deactivated until the AC which didn't have any problem was fixed.**** just a snippet of some of the obstacles**** lol oga fanex, still in the uber business? Thought you sold your corolla after declaring uber was unprofitable.Is it any better now?

because we are lazy to think of a better idea to generate an income for ourselves, we see a transport business in a country where there are no roads a business idea.

lol oga fanex, still in the uber business? Thought you sold your corolla after declaring uber was unprofitable.Is it any better now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fanex: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2016
I sold my corolla on this same uber topic section over 4months ago.
I am merely stating my experience during the trial period.

[Aquote author=Adiahabasi post=48522890] lol oga fanex, still in the uber business? Thought you sold your corolla after declaring uber was unprofitable.Is it any better now?

[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
fanex:
imagine o...

a passenger rode in my 2013 toyota corolla for about 5km and paid less than a N1000 and still had the effrontery to contact uber that the AC was not cool enough; and what did Uber do? my driver was deactivated until the AC which didn't have any problem was fixed.**** just a snippet of some of the obstacles****

because we are lazy to think of a better idea to generate an income for ourselves, we see a transport business in a country where there are no roads a business idea.

Uber drivers take bullshit, lots of drivers are young guys whom shld sometimes know their true value, u see ur street is bad, slopy wit erosion potholes, n just cuz u wanna show ur area peeps u coming with a dine car, u say drive on......mhen, chased him out.....one star cannot buy my a good shocks or silence

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olujaidi: 5:30am On Aug 17, 2016
austinosita:

The major problem with uber is that, they compared Naija riders to US riders. They gave Naija riders all the power and gave non to the drivers! So any rider can do anything and nothing will happen, cos even in the training, we were told that the riders are the ultimate! They fail to understand that Naija riders are wicked and they do things to the extreme when given the power.

A rider reports you and you are blocked! You report a rider, nothing happens! Activating you back becomes a problem......maybe till "thy kingdom come"!!

Dropped a rider at her destination, after burning fuel and hoping to collect complete money and top the fuel. The rider refuses to pay complete, telling you that it's too high, and you show the rider the amount on the App, and the rider still insists on not paying complete, telling you "this is all I got and it should be enough"! You complain and insist on collecting your money, but because uber says, leave the rider, just send your complaint. You decided to collect what the rider offered and then complained immediately. Nothing happens! No refund from uber and then the rider calls uber and complains, even add lie join! Uber blocks you!!! Is that not pathetic!

Uber is bleeped, trust me! It's just that ogataxi doesn't have much publicity, but I guess they are better!
A lot of rider issues swept under the carpet!
Drivers blocked can relate!

Perhaps drivers and partners should have a union or pressure group because it appears that Uber sees individual drivers and partners as replaceable. If a large enough number of you down tools frequently enough for customers to see Uber as less reliable and for Uber to lose money, then you could have more power

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2016
olujaidi:

Perhaps drivers and partners should have a union or pressure group because it appears that Uber sees individual drivers and partners as replaceable. If a large enough number of you down tools frequently enough for customers to see Uber as less reliable and for Uber to lose money, then you could have more power

Valid point tho, but we know our Nigerian brothers attitudes. selfish and lackadaisical attitude of those without issues wouldn't allow for down tooling

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olujaidi: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
austinosita:

Valid point tho, but we know our Nigerian brothers attitudes. selfish and lackadaisical attitude of those without issues wouldn't allow for down tooling

Someone has to start it. Besides, as Uber needs you more than you need it. mrsage is in the same biz although not Uber and he's not complaining

House, what other ways can be used to check them?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2016
olujaidi:

This is the way forward my brother.

The equation between Uber and it's partners simply reflects an unequal balance of power.

Think about this guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olujaidi: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrsage:

This is the way forward my brother.

The equation between Uber and its partners simply reflects an unequal balance of power.

Think about this guys.

Unfortunately so. But Uber needs the partners and drivers more than the partners need them. Only if the partners are united can they hope to challenge Uber. It's just that so far nobody has stood up to them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olujaidi: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
austinosita:

Valid point tho, but we know our Nigerian brothers attitudes, selfish and lackadaisical attitude of those without issues wouldn't allow for down tooling

Then, you guys with issues should start something. Things have got to change.

So, who will bell the cat?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
MKO4ever:

I am among a group of Uber drivers who are looking into partnering with companies for this your plan. You can contact me on 08026102558
You won't regret partnering with us

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Stormyweather(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.