Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747318 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2017
after ending the trip, you'll see charge extra, click it and select the toll you want to add. the fare will be recalculated

xana101:
Please how do I charge riders toll fee on taxify.
On uber, they input it automatically but taxify is not so. I don't know how to charge or include it in d riders fair. Thank u
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:10am On Jun 30, 2017
alstarmayo:
after ending the trip, you'll see charge extra, click it and select the toll you want to add. the fare will be recalculated

OK. I'll try it. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2017
Taxify should try and make their toll automatic so we won't have issues with riders.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2017
xana101:
Like lekki toll fee and Ikeja airport toll fee
you can do that on fare review, before you finally end the ride you will see it on your dashboard
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 9:17am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello house.

I have about 3m that I want to put to use, and Uber/Taxify seems to be a good investment for now. The only experience I have with Uber & Taxify is from chatting with the drivers I rode with, so I need help with some questions:

1. Which brand & model of car is best in terms of initial cost/rider preference/ease of driving/spare parts/maintenance/resale value? Toyota/Kia/Hyundai/Honda?

2. If I'm to go for Toyota Corolla for example, should I go for an 09/10 model for 2.5m - 3m or two 03/04 models for 1.3m - 1.6m each? Whichever car(s) I'm buying, it will be direct tokunbo NOT Nigerian used.

3. If I go the rental route, what additional spending should I be realistically expected to do over the course of a year in terms of maintenance and repairs? How do I keep these costs down?

4. I have never seen a prospective driver that said they were bad and terrible, but we keep hearing stories of bad drivers... So where/how do I get good drivers?

5. What items should be included in the driver-owner contract to make sure both parties are properly covered?

6. Should I register with Uber & Taxify on behalf of the drivers, or should I just have an agreement with the drivers and they do the registration and the rest by themselves?

7. Last but not the least.... where will the car be parked? Or will I just have moto and never see it again? cheesy cheesy

My aim for this is to recoup my purchase costs within a year and then immediately sell it off, so this is very simply an investment.

I know I'm asking for much, if you can't answer please ignore. Also if you can't answer here on this thread, please ignore as well.

Thanks in advance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebubedrums001(m): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:
Hello house.

I have about 3m that I want to put to use, and Uber/Taxify seems to be a good investment for now. The only experience I have with Uber & Taxify is from chatting with the drivers I rode with, so I need help with some questions:

1. Which brand & model of car is best in terms of initial cost/rider preference/ease of driving/spare parts/maintenance/resale value? Toyota/Kia/Hyundai/Honda?

2. If I'm to go for Toyota Corolla for example, should I go for an 09/10 model for 2.5m - 3m or two 03/04 models for 1.3m - 1.6m each? Whichever car(s) I'm buying, it will be direct tokunbo NOT Nigerian used.

3. If I go the rental route, what additional spending should I be realistically expected to do over the course of a year in terms of maintenance and repairs? How do I keep these costs down?

4. I have never seen a prospective driver that said they were bad and terrible, but we keep hearing stories of bad drivers... So where/how do I get good drivers?

5. What items should be included in the driver-owner contract to make sure both parties are properly covered?

6. Should I register with Uber & Taxify on behalf of the drivers, or should I just have an agreement with the drivers and they do the registration and the rest by themselves?

7. Last but not the least.... where will the car be parked? Or will I just have moto and never see it again? cheesy cheesy

My aim for this is to recoup my purchase costs within a year and then immediately sell it off, so this is very simply an investment.

I know I'm asking for much, if you can't answer please ignore. Also if you can't answer here on this thread, please ignore as well.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I think I can help with some information considering d fact that I once planned of getting a car for uber, (though, d plans never came to a reality) and sincerely I did quite a lot of survey, of which I find maybe useful to you at such a time like this. U can send me your email, or whatsapp contact, so I can reach you. Gracias
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Wow, I feel like I'm about to attempt an essay question in school. God deh. Here goes...
I'm answering based on personal knowledge and experience as an uber driver.
1. Toyota cars are more durable and fuel efficient. Kia is fuel efficient though not as durable ( cant cope with rain or water for instance) but Riders really like them. So I recommend a Toyota Corolla 2009 - 10. (Corolla is easier to maintain than Camry).

2. The newer the car the better so Toyota Corolla 2009 - 14. Or Kia Rio 2015.

3. The driver takes care of all maintenance costs - servicing, cleaning etc. You will only handle the serious mechanical repairs. You keep the costs down by getting a mature skilled and responsible driver who will care for your car like its their own.

4. You get good drivers right here on Nairaland. There is really no way to get information about a potential driver over and above what the driver or the person recommending them tells you. You have to use your own judgement.

5. Rental or HP amount, duration of agreement, number of hours or riders per day, how and when payments are to be made, who fixes what (maintenance and repairs), who's responsible for communications (data and credit), expiration of contract or agreement etc.

I have a good template drafted by a lawyer I would be happy to share with you.

6. You are required to register on Uber/ Taxify for yourself because partners need to have an account to to operate on Uber/Taxify too. The driver will register and request for Uber/ Taxify to link your accounts. At least that's how Uber works.

7. Some partners like to have the car returned everyday, others ask the driver to bring the car once a week for inspection. I recommend the once a week inspection because its expensive and time consuming to have to pickup and return the car every day. Also the best hours for Uber are early morning and late night and the driver can only benefit from these hours if there is easy access to the vehicle. My take.

If you want to recoup your money within a year consider doing a HP instead of a simple rental. Hire Purchse aka HP is when the driver buys the car from you by paying part of the money in lump sum and the rest in instalments over an agreed period. Its also cheaper because the driver who is the on you are hiring the care to, is also responsible for the repairs as well as maintenance. You will make alot more money from it too - up to 2* its value when you bought it.

My 2 kobo. Hope it helps your enquiry.

lowk1:
Hello house.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by propet(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello house,,,,,,I have a Chevrolet optral 2006 (Manual transmission), is it acceptable on uber/taxify,,,tnks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2017
ebubedrums001:

Well, I think I can help with some information considering d fact that I once planned of getting a car for uber, (though, d plans never came to a reality) and sincerely I did quite a lot of survey, of which I find maybe useful to you at such a time like this. U can send me your email, or whatsapp contact, so I can reach you. Gracias

For others to benefit from your knowledge as well, do you mind posting the info to this thread?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Benteazaa(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:

For others to benefit from your knowledge as well, do you mind posting the info to this thread?

Thanks.

IF u decide to give out the car on HP
am interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2017
1simbo:
Wow, I feel like I'm about to attempt an essay question in school. God deh. Here goes...
1. Toyota cars are more durable and fuel efficient. Kia is fuel efficient though not as durable ( cant cope with rain or water for instance) but Riders really like them. So I recommend a Toyota Corolla 2009 - 10. (Corolla is easier to maintain than Camry).

3. The driver takes care of all maintenance costs - servicing, cleaning etc. You will only handle the serious mechanical repairs. You keep the costs down by getting a mature skilled and responsible driver who will care for your car like its their own.

4. You get good drivers right here on Nairaland. There is really no way to get information about a potential driver over and above what the driver or the person recommending them tells you. You have to use your own judgement.

5. Rental or HP amount, duration of agreement, number of hours or riders per day, how and when payments are to be made, who fixes what (maintenance and repairs), who's responsible for communications (data and credit), expiration of contract or agreement etc.

6. You are required to register on Uber/ Taxify for yourself because partners need to have an account to to operate on Uber/Taxify too. The driver will register and request for Uber/ Taxify to link your accounts. At least that's how Uber works.

7. Some partners like to have the car returned everyday, others ask the driver to bring the car once a week for inspection. I recommend the once a week inspection because its expensive and time consuming to have to pickup and return the car every day. Also the best hours for Uber are early morning and late night and the driver can only benefit from these hours if there is easy access to the vehicle. My take.

If you want to recoup your money within a year consider doing a HP instead of a simple rental. Hire Purchsa aka HP is well the driver buys the car from you by paying part of the money in lump sum and the rest in instalments over an agreed period. Its also cheaper because the driver who is the on you are hiring the care to, is also responsible for the repairs as well as maintenance. You will make alot more money from it too - up to 2* its value when you bought it.

Thanks so much boss, I appreciate.

To business... You advised to go for a Toyota Corolla 09-14. That will use up my entire 3m, and on a rental basis I don't think I can get more than 45k to 50k weekly. Won't it be better to go for 2 separate 03-06 cars that will cost about 1.5m to 1.6m, but earn 35k x 2 weekly? This is all about the money, I'm not interested in owning or driving. It is just an investment.

I will very much need your contract template when I'm ready, thanks.

I prefer the once a week inspection model, and I think most drivers like to rest on Sundays. So how long will the drivers typically park the car, and what things do I check for when they bring it?

I am very much open to hire purchase. But what is the going weekly rate paid by drivers, and are you really sure you can get a driver to pay 6m for a car? Like really?? My target is 2 x all funds spent after a year.

And my biggest issue with hp is that it is unlike renting where you can simply terminate your contract and ask for your car back if there's a disagreement and everybody goes their separate ways. What will happen if there is a disagreement with your driver in hp? Will you have to refund his money or what?

And yes, you have been very helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Manutd19: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2017
1simbo:

If you want to recoup your money within a year consider doing a HP instead of a simple rental. Hire Purchsa aka HP is well the driver buys the car from you by paying part of the money in lump sum and the rest in instalments over an agreed period. Its also cheaper because the driver who is the on you are hiring the care to, is also responsible for the repairs as well as maintenance. You will make alot more money from it too - up to 2* its value when you bought it.

Nice. Can you share the template?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bussyando(f): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hi, I need a uber and taxify driver, either rental or higher purchase,it's a 2012 Toyota corolla in perfect shape. Contact me on 07032310040
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebubedrums001(m): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:

Thanks.

Just coming online now. Well, I've read all d posts and they've said it all, honestly Infact, I even learnt one or two things from Wat they said.
I can get a good driver for u, he's very responsible. He stays in Akoka, yaba.

Gracias
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Debokism(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello Guys!

Greetings...
I urgently need an experienced uber driver (minimum of 3months on uber) for my 2006 Toyota Corolla on a rental basis
If interested, call me asap on 07067141283.

Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Debokism(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
An added advantage if driver is registered on Taxify

Debokism:
Hello Guys!

Greetings...
I urgently need an experienced uber driver (minimum of 3months on uber) for my 2006 Toyota Corolla on a rental basis

Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
ebubedrums001:

Just coming online now. Well, I've read all d posts and they've said it all, honestly Infact, I even learnt one or two things from Wat they said.
I can get a good driver for u, he's very responsible. He stays in Akoka, yaba.

Gracias

Alright.

I'm open to more suggestions... From the short time I've been following this thread there have been fights insults arguments and counter-arguments. Is Uber/Taxify still profitable or not? Or are drivers just lazy..? And so on.

I'm looking at this purely from an investment standpoint. For those that have been in the system for 2 years plus, what makes sense the most?
- A clean, almost brand new 09-14 Toyota corolla VS 2 very clean direct tokunbo 03-06 corollas?
- Give out your car out on a rental basis and sell after recouping investment VS do hire purchase?

Please help a brother out. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Benteazaa(m): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Debokism:
Hello Guys!

Greetings...

Cheers

were is your location
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ashiwajew: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:
Hello house.

Thanks in advance.

1 Toyota

2 Go for 03/04 (to save more of what you intend to invest)

3 Save 5K every week from the proceeds to cater for monthly servicing and contingencies

4 If you have the time, start by driving it yourself to have an idea of the potential income and faults that may arise, you can install a tracker to always mitigate the risk of drivers telling you 'tales by moon light'. Give a driver but you are not guaranteed of a good driver, ensure that part of the agreement with your driver is for him to always bring it for you to inspect may be Sundays

5 I can send a sample to you. just DM me

6 Please do the registration as a car owner yourself under Uber for now and add your drivers so you can benefits from promotions as your account will always be credited if need be

7 Just get a driver referred to you by a close and trusted fellow and ensure he stands as a guarantor together with an additional guarantor. Know your driver's house address as in where his family lives. you can give the car to him but to always bring to you for inspection once in a week
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
ashiwajew:

1 Toyota

2 Go for 03/04 (to save more of what you intend to invest)

3 Save 5K every week from the proceeds to cater for monthly servicing and contingencies

4 If you have the time, start by driving it yourself to have an idea of the potential income and faults that may arise, you can install a tracker to always mitigate the risk of drivers telling you 'tales by moon light'. Give a driver but you are not guaranteed of a good driver, ensure that part of the agreement with your driver is for him to always bring it for you to inspect may be Sundays

5 I can send a sample to you. just DM me

6 Please do the registration as a car owner yourself under Uber for now and add your drivers so you can benefits from promotions as your account will always be credited if need be

7 Just get a driver referred to you by a close and trusted fellow and ensure he stands as a guarantor together with an additional guarantor. Know your driver's house address as in where his family lives. you can give the car to him but to always bring to you for inspection once in a week

Thanks for the concise answers sir.

What's your opinion on renting vs hp?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
xana101:
Please how do I charge riders toll fee on taxify.
On uber, they input it automatically but taxify is not so. I don't know how to charge or include it in d riders fair. Thank u

When you end the trip and it shows the T fair, you will see "extra fees" click on it and a list of tolls will appear. Check the box (es) of the one(s) you passed. Then click on final fee
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekatonsyn(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
Debokism:
Hello Guys!

Greetings...

Cheers
Called the line you hve up on your thread and i was getting an Hausa man speaking to !e from the other end of the line, please check your number for clarification, and I do have some whom will be delighted to handle your 2006 Corolla on the Uber platform too. Here is my number and also WhatsApp 08094050577, I also do fleet manager for any interested person(s) who intend to have their car(s) up on the Uber platform too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebubedrums001(m): 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Rotentina:

Thanks a lot

Pls where's LIRS office ejor..... How do I get my TIN and how much does it cost? Is it something I can get that day or I'll have to come back to collect it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ashiwajew: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:

Thanks for the concise answers sir.

What's your opinion on renting vs hp?

please do renting
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wasiusalvador(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Am an experieced uber driver looking for car to drive. My number is 08023943110.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sehawale: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
lowk1:
Hello house.

Thanks in advance.

Buy the minimum required car year model. That way you save money. If you buy 2017 model, you'll still make same money with a 2005 car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hire Purchase
Car model- 2009 Honda Civic (America spec).
Car was imported and cleared in May 2017.
I registered it this last Month to be able to do comprehensive insurance from AXA Mansard (done).
Already passed Uber and Taxify inspection.
Actual mileage is 91k
10% initial deposit required.
Kindly call or whatsapp me on 08025369868
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lowk1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
ashiwajew:
please do renting
Thanks for the tips.

sehawale:
Buy the minimum required car year model. That way you save money. If you buy 2017 model, you'll still make same money with a 2005 car.
Really? Wow.

I appreciate all the contributions. I believe I have now gotten enough info to safely get started. Thank you all.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alfredinner: 3:06am On Jul 01, 2017
Thanks for all contributions in this thread.... plz can I use Honda Accord 2003 for Uber and how can I go about it. Await responses. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ashiwajew: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2017
lowk1:

Thanks for the tips.
Kindly use the link below to sign up as a car owner
https://partners.uber.com/i/soyinkak1ue
Once you sign up on Uber using this link. You will win 20k once your driver completes 20 trips

Really? Wow.

I appreciate all the contributions. I believe I have now gotten enough info to safely get started. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Benteazaa(m): 8:04am On Jul 01, 2017
Johnadu:

Hire Purchase
Car model- 2009 Honda Civic (America spec).
Car was imported and cleared in May 2017.
I registered it this last Month to be able to do comprehensive insurance from AXA Mansard (done).
Already passed Uber and Taxify inspection.
Actual mileage is 91k
10% initial deposit required.
Kindly call or whatsapp me on 08025369868
Thanks

whats your location. am interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jcurrency(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2017
with you, hard-working, reliable, trustworthy, fluently speaking,

walexpal:

Hello evryone, I have a Toyota Corolla 2009 automatic transmission for an experienced driver on Uber/ taxify, to deliver #40k weekly? The car is mint clean and in excellent condition. If you are interested contact me on 08038062161 for more details.
Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), northbird and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.