Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728839 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2018
jideking:
Guys confirm your earnings to make sure thats what you actually made, taxify added ₦3,000 to my earnings, money that I didn't make, that means they'll charge.commission on money I didn't make. Has anyone else experienced this before?
the 3k is from a trip u reviewed maybe few days ago.. It's Ur money,. Fear not.

Once u review a price, it won't add to Ur income. Toll they verify it, hence the addition

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carixma: 4:34pm On May 26, 2018
Inspiring: How Billionaire Mike Adenuga Went From Taxi Driver To The Second Richest Black Man In The World!

In Africa, when we talk about the biggest fortunes, the first name that comes to mind is that of Aliko Dangote, the richest on the continent. But behind him, there are other wealthy people, each as powerful as the others, whom many ignore. Mike Adenuga is also in this category.

Second richest in Africa, the path of this billionaire was littered with challenges, failures and success. Taxi driver yesterday billionaire today. According to the recent Forbes ranking of March 2018, Mike Adenuga has a fortune of $ 5.8 billion.

From a driver to billionaire

Mike Adenuga, now a great gentleman, was not in his early days. When he was studying in the US, he was doing his job as a taxi driver. That was his livelihood. His parents still had the means but the young student preferred to fight to pay for his studies. After his master’s degree in 1974, he took over the sale of soft drinks and fabrics, an activity that his mother did. But he could not shine in this area.

So he comes up with the idea of ​​getting into the sale of vehicle spare parts. “I saw that there were so many cars and nobody took seriously the purchase of spare parts. So I said to myself, someone must solve this problem, “he recalls.

From estate to oil and telecoms

Quickly, it diversifies its sources of income by launching itself in real estate. The Nigerian state entrusts it with housing construction contracts. At the same time, Mike Adenuga obtained an oil exploration license in 1990. He sets up Consolidated Oil, which to date has become Conoil. A drilling authorization obtained thereafter allowed him to fall on a significant oil field.

Likewise, he invested in the banking sector by creating his bank, Equatorial Trust Bank (ETB) which was a failure. It will ultimately be acquired by Sterling Bank.

He is the founder of the Globalcom telecommunications network commonly called Glo. The operator claims 37 million subscribers.

This article is an inspiration and motivation to all drivers on thread. Do not despise the humble beginning. Nothing ever stays the same. A diligent driver today can be a great tycoon tomorrow. As for me I already know where am heading to. Besides God, there is no glory above coming from humble beginnings, from being a driver to rising above and beyond terbanacle of greatness.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jideking(m): 4:43pm On May 26, 2018
Thank you my brother, you're very correct. I took someone from Lekki phase 1 to the airport, trip was calculated as ₦1200, I informed rider and he gave me ₦3,000 but the fare should still have been more than that because toll alone was ₦500. How does it work is it the ₦3,000 they just added or what cos I still expect that I'm still owed.

omonla10:
the 3k is from a trip u reviewed maybe few days ago.. It's Ur money,. Fear not.

Once u review a price, it won't add to Ur income. Toll they verify it, hence the addition
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2018
jideking:
Thank you my brother, you're very correct. I took someone from Lekki phase 1 to the airport, trip was calculated as ₦1200, I informed rider and he gave me ₦3,000 but the fare should still have been more than that because toll alone was ₦500. How does it work is it the ₦3,000 they just added or what cos I still expect that I'm still owed.

Refund the rider, if you have been refunded, he has been debited.

That's the right thing to do.

But .......... This is Nigeria. #falz

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:13pm On May 26, 2018
To protect your Uber business, 2 things are involved.
You either purchase any of our books or use our fleet management service.
If you choose to purchase our books, 2 books are involved.
You can either purchase our Guide to Uber for Partners or buy our Guide to Uber for Drivers.
If you choose to purchase our Guide to Uber for Partners, 2 agreements are involved.
It is either you choose the Rental agreement or the Hire Purchase agreement,
If you choose the Rental Agreement, 2 documents are involved.
You can either choose the Classic Rental Agreement, or choose the newly modified #Assurance Rental Agreement.
This new form is designed for partners who want to move forward with security deposits.

From here, only one thing is involved.

Get it on Whatsapp.

Free Taxify trip worth 2000 Naira
Use code TECHPOINT
29th May.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jideking(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2018
No one refunded me o. Infant now taxify has calculated the trip as 4200 ie 1200 at the end of trip and this 3000 the added to my earnings of yesterday, but I only collected 3000 which I stated to them when I made the review

GAZZUZZ:

Refund the rider, if you have been refunded, he has been debited.

That's the right thing to do.

But .......... This is Nigeria. #falz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2018
jideking:
No one refunded me o. Infant now taxify has calculated the trip as 4200 ie 1200 at the end of trip and this 3000 the added to my earnings of yesterday, but I only collected 3000 which I stated to them when I made the review

I thought it was uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 26, 2018
taxiappguy:

I will reply your points one after the other, patiently.
You said:
1. Someone who can’t afford to feed himself or herself wouldn’t even thought of having millions in his/her account to buy a car for Uber business. So I assumed (might be wrong) that a car owner doing Uber business has passed Struggle/Survival stage (which is ability to feed yourself). Go read and understand these face of life: Struggle - Survival - Success - Significance.

I say:
1.Unless you haven't travelled far before you think everybody that can afford to be a partner on Uber has passed Struggle/Survival mode. I don't have to read up on any "face" of life to know that. As a fleet manager, I have managed cars for many students who tell me that their vehicle is their only asset, and that is where they draw their sustenance from. I have managed vehicles for people who lost their jobs and depend solely on the return their car will give them. You agreeing you may be wrong has nullified your point anyway. Simply because you can't agree you are wrong then base your argument on that same falsehood.

You said
2. Because a Car Owner collect 20k Security Deposit (Assurance Deposit) Now automatically transfer ownership of a car worth above 1 million and in some

I say:
2. I know you read what I wrote because you quoted it. At what point did you read that you should transfer ownership to the driver because he paid assurance. I encourage you to embolden it as you have done the other paragraphs, I want you to catch me red handed on this one. If you can't do that, then you are only replying to what you think I said VS what I actually said.
But come brother, let's use regular logic, when a landlord rents a house out and agreements have been signed. If the tenant is using the house responsibly under the terms of the agreement [/b]and is [b]paying his money currently, does the landlord have a right to come and tell the tenant how to sit on his toilet bowl. If an Act of God occurs that is neither landlord nor tenant's fault and something spoils in the house. Guess what, tenant calls almighty Oga landlord to come fix,and Oga landlord fixes. You know why, because he has paid Oga assurance for the year.
As I said in the post you quoted, once the renter has paid for the car, and he is using it responsibly (which we check four times a month) under the terms of the agreement you both signed, you have no right to tell him he must drive the car, or not drive the car. That is none of your business. I say this very carefully as a fleet manager, unless you don't know how rental works before you can suggest otherwise, if you do not know, ask. You must allow the renter piece of mind to use his rental, it's the law.
Why would anyone hand over ownership of their vehicle after collecting assurance deposit, that makes no sense to me.

You said:
3. So as a fleet manager (which you claimed to be) once a car owner give you a car and you deliver weekly rental twice the car becomes your property but when it’s time to pay expenses like repairs, insurance or car documents renewal it becomes car owner property. Why Now, Oga experience.

I say:
3. I don't understand what you wrote here as regarding what I wrote, they don't seem to be related.
Oga sir, I hope you know that under rental agreement such expenses are borne by owner, that is standard operating procedure unless otherwise stated in agreement, repair bill is footed by owner, damages bill must be covered by driver. Vehicle owner is required to put the car in shape so that the renter can enjoy what he is paying for. Under which law will you convert the car to your property after rent is paid twice?

You said: And please you need to be very diplomatic in your comments, you run a business on this thread so be mindful of your image and perception.

I say: Being diplomatic does not mean I can't have an opinion, so long as it is not abrasive or hurtful. That you simply do not agree with me is not me being un-diplomatic.

If money can only be earned after value has exchanged hands, how come you prepay your rent and prepay your NEPA and prepay your MTN but you don't want to prepay your rental. If that is the case, car dealers are everywhere, you can always walk up to one of them and tell them you want one week of value using the car before you pay.

In the end, I know it might seem you disagree with me, but your final points prove that, it is really yourself you disagree with. As I said in my earlier post, the driver with assurance is a renter and with him, a car owner is better protected.
It is the one that pays at the end of the week that can be called your driver, it is he you have to be chasing up and down for payment and damage claims.

So please stop this Nigerian landlord entitlement mentality thing you have, it is not needed in business. When you rent out a car with assurance, you are the one offering a service to the renter. He is the one paying money. The customer is king. In as much as you are inclined to disagree, you are not some Lord of the manor, bossing it over your harem of drivers. You are actually a service provider and your job is to make sure you provide top notch service by providing a good Uber ready car.

When you go to AVIS to rent a car with your hard earned cash and pay, who exactly is the service provider and who is the customer?
So because someone is renting your car with his hard earned money for Uber, he must call you boss, what exactly do you need the title for.

I will keep saying it, a driver with assurance is your customer. Not your staff, nor slave. His job is to keep the car in the condition it was given out, under agreement and pay you. If he damages, he pays or repairs immediately.

The rider is the renter's boss.
The renter with assurance is the car owner's boss, and the car owner is the fleet manager's boss.
As you can see, there is no overall boss, or boss of all bosses or any thing like that. Everybody does his shift and goes home. That is how the partnership works.
I know it is a total mindset shift for you but you will get used to it.

I ordinarily would not reply this, but some of your allusions made it unavoidable. I have nothing but total respect for and would love to hear more from you.

TaxiAppGuy - You are not renting the car out so he can eat, you are renting the car out so you can make money. In actual fact, he is renting the car from you so you can eat. Unless of course you don't take a remittance.

TheCar - Someone who can’t afford to feed himself or herself wouldn’t even thought of having millions in his/her account to buy a car for Uber business. So I assumed (might be wrong) that a car owner doing Uber business has passed Struggle/Survival stage (which is ability to feed yourself). Go read and understand these face of life: Struggle - Survival - Success - Significance.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - About struggle/survival. Unless you haven't travelled far before you think everybody that can afford to be a partner on Uber has passed Struggle/Survival mode. I don't have to read up on any "face" of life to know that. As a fleet manager, I have managed cars for many students who tell me that their vehicle is their only asset, and that is where they draw their sustenance from. I have managed vehicles for people who lost their jobs and depend solely on the return their car will give them. You agreeing you may be wrong has nullified your point anyway. Simply because you can't agree you are wrong then base your argument on that same falsehood.

TaxiAppGuy - When a driver pays #Assurance, he is your renter/hirer. At this time, he is boss.

TheCar - Because a Car Owner collect 20k Security Deposit (Assurance Deposit) Now automatically transfer ownership of a car worth above 1 million and in some case 2 - 4 Million to the driver. Boss, wetin happen?

TaxiAppGuy Reply - About 20k assurance and transferring ownership of car. I know you read what I wrote because you replied to it. At what point did you read that you should transfer ownership to the driver because he paid assurance. I encourage you to embolden it as you have done the other paragraphs, I want you to catch me red handed on this one. If you can't do that, then you are only replying to what you think I said VS what I actually said. But come brother, let's use regular logic, when a landlord rents a house out and agreements have been signed. If the tenant is using the house responsibly under the terms of the agreement [/b]and is [b]paying his money currently, does the landlord have a right to come and tell the tenant how to sit on his toilet bowl. If an Act of God occurs that is neither landlord nor tenant's fault and something spoils in the house. Guess what, tenant calls almighty Oga landlord to come fix,and Oga landlord fixes. You know why, because he has paid Oga assurance for the year. As I said in the post you quoted, once the renter has paid for the car, and he is using it responsibly (which we check four times a month) under the terms of the agreement you both signed, you have no right to tell him he must drive the car, or not drive the car. That is none of your business. I say this very carefully as a fleet manager, unless you don't know how rental works before you can suggest otherwise, if you do not know, ask. You must allow the renter piece of mind to use his rental, it's the law. Why would anyone hand over ownership of their vehicle after collecting assurance deposit, that makes no sense to me.

TaxiAppGuy - It is when you fail to collect #Assurance, you can start to call the person your driver, It is now you are boss. Before that, he is your renter.

TheCar - So as a fleet manager (which you claimed to be) once a car owner give you a car and you deliver weekly rental twice the car becomes your property but when it’s time to pay expenses like repairs, insurance or car documents renewal it becomes car owner property. Why Now, Oga experience.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - I don't understand this part vis a vis what I wrote, they don't seem to be related. Oga sir, I hope you know that under rental agreement such expenses are borne by owner, that is standard operating procedure unless otherwise stated in agreement, repair bill is footed by owner, damages bill must be covered by driver. Vehicle owner is required to put the car in shape so that the renter can enjoy what he is paying for. Under which law will you convert the car to your property after rent is paid twice?

TheCar - And please you need to be very diplomatic in your comments, you run a business on this thread so be mindful of your image and perception.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - Being diplomatic does not mean I can't have an opinion, so long as it is not abrasive or hurtful. That you simply do not agree with me is not me being un-diplomatic.

TaxiAppGuy - If money can only be earned after value has exchanged hands, how come you prepay your rent and prepay your NEPA and prepay your MTN but you don't want to prepay your rental. If that is the case, car dealers are everywhere, you can always walk up to one of them and tell them you want one week of value using the car before you pay.

My Reply – You need to learn some basic principle of business. Can you prepay for MTN card without MTN sim card. Can you prepaid PHCN bill without Prepaid Meters? My point still stand, if you don’t give value, you can’t get the money except you are holding a GUN?

TaxiAppGuy - In the end, I know it might seem you disagree with me, but your final points prove that, it is really yourself you disagree with. As I said in my earlier post, the driver with assurance is a renter and with him, a car owner is better protected.

My Reply – Please re-read what you said. You said once a car owner collect Assurance Deposit, the Driver becomes the boss. Go through your words to understand what you really posted and please collecting a NGN 20,000 Assurance Deposit doesn’t make a car owner better protected.

Lesson For You – Assurance Deposit doesn’t make a car owner better protected, it only reduce your loss in case the Driver default in his weekly rental payment and dump your car.

TaxiAppGuy - It is the one that pays at the end of the week that can be called your driver, it is he you have to be chasing up and down for payment and damage claims.

My Reply – Assurance Deposit doesn’t equate Upfront payment for weekly rental. Drivers are yet to start prepaying their weekly rental hence the reason car owner start collecting Assurance Deposit to minimize the loss.

TaxiAppGuy - So please stop this Nigerian landlord entitlement mentality thing you have, it is not needed in business. When you rent out a car with assurance, you are the one offering a service to the renter. He is the one paying money. The customer is king.

My Reply – I seriously doubt your understanding of Uber business. Let me repeat myself, Assurance is Security Deposit and that doesn’t equate Prepaid Weekly Rental. Do you get the point now.

TaxiAppGuy - In as much as you are inclined to disagree, you are not some Lord of the manor, bossing it over your harem of drivers. You are actually a service provider and your job is to make sure you provide top notch service by providing a good car Uber ready car.

My Reply – I provide the Car, (called Investment), the Driver provide the service (called Driving), the rider get the service and paid the Driver (The Money).

Lesson for You – Car Owner make an investment, Driver provide a Service, Rider PAY for the Service and Fleet Manager serves as Middlemen. Driver need an investor (Car Owner), Rider need a Service (Driving), Car Owner need to recoup amount invested (Weekly Rental). Without the investment (The Car), the Driver can’t provide service (Driving) and without the service rider can’t pay (The Money).

TaxiAppGuy - When you go to AVIS to rent a car with your hard earned cash and pay, who exactly is the service provider and who is the customer?

My Reply – When I go to AVIS to rent a car, I prepay for the service but Uber drivers don’t prepay for car rental yet. AVIS is the service provider and the customer pays (the Money) so AVIS can declare Dividend for its Investors.

Lesson for You – Investors (Car Owner), AVIS (Uber Drivers) and Customers (Uber Riders). Do you understand?

TaxiAppGuy - So because someone is renting your car with his hard earned money for Uber, he must call you boss, what exactly do you need the title for.

My Reply – Whether you like it or not, Investors are the real Boss. Go ask Dangote, Go as Steve Jobs, Go ask Jim Ovia, Go ask MDs of listed companies in Nigeria. Investors are the Boss. Please make time out to attend at least One Annual General Meeting of listed companies and you will meet the real Boss when the suppose boss is giving report to them.

TaxiAppGuy - I know it is a total mindset shift to hear that someone you assumed to be below you is actually above you, but it is just the truth.

My Reply – Just because I am a car owner doesn’t mean that the driver is below me. You need to read my closing statement in previous post.

TaxiAppGuy - I will keep saying it, a driver with assurance is your customer. Not your staff, nor slave. His job is to keep the car in the condition it was given out, under agreement and pay you. If he damages, he pays or repairs immediately.

My Reply – Except for the highlighted, you make sense. For the highlighted, am sorry, you don’t make sense. (Don’t be offended, truth is bitter).

TaxiAppGuy - I ordinarily would not reply this, but some of your allusions made it unavoidable. I have nothing but total respect for you.
My Reply – I have nothing for you except Absolute Respect. You deserve some accolades for taking the time to reply me.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2018
taxiappguy:

Oga, if you don't know just say you don't know, let's all teach each other.

My Post - Maybe there should be “A Word Of The Day” series to enlighten and educate people on the advantages and disadvantages of Hire Purchase and Weekly Rental Payment.

Oga at the top, If I know everything I will not be asking for a "A Word Of The Day" series.

The highlighted is like repeating what I said?

PLEASE COME AND TEACH ME OOO. I WAN MAKE MONEY. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

As far as you teach me right, I no dey mind insult, the bank alert received from putting what I learn to use, will not make me see the insults, just the lessons and the bank alert. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:49pm On May 26, 2018
TheCar:

TaxiAppGuy - You are not renting the car out so he can eat, you are renting the car out so you can make money. In actual fact, he is renting the car from you so you can eat. Unless of course you don't take a remittance.

TheCar - Someone who can’t afford to feed himself or herself wouldn’t even thought of having millions in his/her account to buy a car for Uber business. So I assumed (might be wrong) that a car owner doing Uber business has passed Struggle/Survival stage (which is ability to feed yourself). Go read and understand these face of life: Struggle - Survival - Success - Significance.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - About struggle/survival. Unless you haven't travelled far before you think everybody that can afford to be a partner on Uber has passed Struggle/Survival mode. I don't have to read up on any "face" of life to know that. As a fleet manager, I have managed cars for many students who tell me that their vehicle is their only asset, and that is where they draw their sustenance from. I have managed vehicles for people who lost their jobs and depend solely on the return their car will give them. You agreeing you may be wrong has nullified your point anyway. Simply because you can't agree you are wrong then base your argument on that same falsehood.

TaxiAppGuy - When a driver pays #Assurance, he is your renter/hirer. At this time, he is boss.

TheCar - Because a Car Owner collect 20k Security Deposit (Assurance Deposit) Now automatically transfer ownership of a car worth above 1 million and in some case 2 - 4 Million to the driver. Boss, wetin happen?

TaxiAppGuy Reply - About 20k assurance and transferring ownership of car. I know you read what I wrote because you replied to it. At what point did you read that you should transfer ownership to the driver because he paid assurance. I encourage you to embolden it as you have done the other paragraphs, I want you to catch me red handed on this one. If you can't do that, then you are only replying to what you think I said VS what I actually said. But come brother, let's use regular logic, when a landlord rents a house out and agreements have been signed. If the tenant is using the house responsibly under the terms of the agreement [/b]and is [b]paying his money currently, does the landlord have a right to come and tell the tenant how to sit on his toilet bowl. If an Act of God occurs that is neither landlord nor tenant's fault and something spoils in the house. Guess what, tenant calls almighty Oga landlord to come fix,and Oga landlord fixes. You know why, because he has paid Oga assurance for the year. As I said in the post you quoted, once the renter has paid for the car, and he is using it responsibly (which we check four times a month) under the terms of the agreement you both signed, you have no right to tell him he must drive the car, or not drive the car. That is none of your business. I say this very carefully as a fleet manager, unless you don't know how rental works before you can suggest otherwise, if you do not know, ask. You must allow the renter piece of mind to use his rental, it's the law. Why would anyone hand over ownership of their vehicle after collecting assurance deposit, that makes no sense to me.

TaxiAppGuy - It is when you fail to collect #Assurance, you can start to call the person your driver, It is now you are boss. Before that, he is your renter.

TheCar - So as a fleet manager (which you claimed to be) once a car owner give you a car and you deliver weekly rental twice the car becomes your property but when it’s time to pay expenses like repairs, insurance or car documents renewal it becomes car owner property. Why Now, Oga experience.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - I don't understand this part vis a vis what I wrote, they don't seem to be related. Oga sir, I hope you know that under rental agreement such expenses are borne by owner, that is standard operating procedure unless otherwise stated in agreement, repair bill is footed by owner, damages bill must be covered by driver. Vehicle owner is required to put the car in shape so that the renter can enjoy what he is paying for. Under which law will you convert the car to your property after rent is paid twice?

TheCar - And please you need to be very diplomatic in your comments, you run a business on this thread so be mindful of your image and perception.

TaxiAppGuy Reply - Being diplomatic does not mean I can't have an opinion, so long as it is not abrasive or hurtful. That you simply do not agree with me is not me being un-diplomatic.

TaxiAppGuy - If money can only be earned after value has exchanged hands, how come you prepay your rent and prepay your NEPA and prepay your MTN but you don't want to prepay your rental. If that is the case, car dealers are everywhere, you can always walk up to one of them and tell them you want one week of value using the car before you pay.

My Reply – You need to learn some basic principle of business. Can you prepay for MTN card without MTN sim card. Can you prepaid PHCN bill without Prepaid Meters? My point still stand, if you don’t give value, you can’t get the money except you are holding a GUN?

TaxiAppGuy - In the end, I know it might seem you disagree with me, but your final points prove that, it is really yourself you disagree with. As I said in my earlier post, the driver with assurance is a renter and with him, a car owner is better protected.

My Reply – Please re-read what you said. You said once a car owner collect Assurance Deposit, the Driver becomes the boss. Go through your words to understand what you really posted and please collecting a NGN 20,000 Assurance Deposit doesn’t make a car owner better protected.

Lesson For You – Assurance Deposit doesn’t make a car owner better protected, it only reduce your loss in case the Driver default in his weekly rental payment and dump your car.

TaxiAppGuy - It is the one that pays at the end of the week that can be called your driver, it is he you have to be chasing up and down for payment and damage claims.

My Reply – Assurance Deposit doesn’t equate Upfront payment for weekly rental. Drivers are yet to start prepaying their weekly rental hence the reason car owner start collecting Assurance Deposit to minimize the loss.

TaxiAppGuy - So please stop this Nigerian landlord entitlement mentality thing you have, it is not needed in business. When you rent out a car with assurance, you are the one offering a service to the renter. He is the one paying money. The customer is king.

My Reply – I seriously doubt your understanding of Uber business. Let me repeat myself, Assurance is Security Deposit and that doesn’t equate Prepaid Weekly Rental. Do you get the point now.

TaxiAppGuy - In as much as you are inclined to disagree, you are not some Lord of the manor, bossing it over your harem of drivers. You are actually a service provider and your job is to make sure you provide top notch service by providing a good car Uber ready car.

My Reply – I provide the Car, (called Investment), the Driver provide the service (called Driving), the rider get the service and paid the Driver (The Money).

Lesson for You – Car Owner make an investment, Driver provide a Service, Rider PAY for the Service and Fleet Manager serves as Middlemen. Driver need an investor (Car Owner), Rider need a Service (Driving), Car Owner need to recoup amount invested (Weekly Rental). Without the investment (The Car), the Driver can’t provide service (Driving) and without the service rider can’t pay (The Money).

TaxiAppGuy - When you go to AVIS to rent a car with your hard earned cash and pay, who exactly is the service provider and who is the customer?

My Reply – When I go to AVIS to rent a car, I prepay for the service but Uber drivers don’t prepay for car rental yet. AVIS is the service provider and the customer pays (the Money) so AVIS can declare Dividend for its Investors.

Lesson for You – Investors (Car Owner), AVIS (Uber Drivers) and Customers (Uber Riders). Do you understand?

TaxiAppGuy - So because someone is renting your car with his hard earned money for Uber, he must call you boss, what exactly do you need the title for.

My Reply – Whether you like it or not, Investors are the real Boss. Go ask Dangote, Go as Steve Jobs, Go ask Jim Ovia, Go ask MDs of listed companies in Nigeria. Investors are the Boss. Please make time out to attend at least One Annual General Meeting of listed companies and you will meet the real Boss when the suppose boss is giving report to them.

TaxiAppGuy - I know it is a total mindset shift to hear that someone you assumed to be below you is actually above you, but it is just the truth.

My Reply – Just because I am a car owner doesn’t mean that the driver is below me. You need to read my closing statement in previous post.

TaxiAppGuy - I will keep saying it, a driver with assurance is your customer. Not your staff, nor slave. His job is to keep the car in the condition it was given out, under agreement and pay you. If he damages, he pays or repairs immediately.

My Reply – Except for the highlighted, you make sense. For the highlighted, am sorry, you don’t make sense. (Don’t be offended, truth is bitter).

TaxiAppGuy - I ordinarily would not reply this, but some of your allusions made it unavoidable. I have nothing but total respect for you.
My Reply – I have nothing for you except Absolute Respect. You deserve some accolades for taking the time to reply me.

Cheers.

It is refreshing to hear your views, I have laughed very hard.
And I have learnt a few things.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jideking(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2018
Oh no problem sir

GAZZUZZ:

I thought it was uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 6:17pm On May 26, 2018
TheCar:

My Post - Maybe there should be “A Word Of The Day” series to enlighten and educate people on the advantages and disadvantages of Hire Purchase and Weekly Rental Payment.

Oga at the top, If I know everything I will not be asking for a "A Word Of The Day" series.

The highlighted is like repeating what I said?

PLEASE COME AND TEACH ME OOO. I WAN MAKE MONEY. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

As far as you teach me right, I no dey mind insult, the bank alert received from putting what I learn to use, will not make me see the insults, just the lessons and the bank alert. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Have a nice day sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 7:15pm On May 26, 2018
Just in time for the champions league final.. Which correct joint dey around

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by agborichard: 7:36pm On May 26, 2018
joeokoriem:
oga u want to take d driver to court, after collecting rentals of 35k and 30k are u not supposed to fix d car? Is it not d responsibility of d owner to fix d car. What's on d agreement letter? I own a corolla on ubar. I fix d car for my driver except minor fault. Those things u mentioned are major. U don't expect d poor driver to pay rentals and still fix all those fault. I blame him for running, he should have told u d fault for u to fix. Pity d poor man, u can see he has too many family problems.

do you know the meaning of hire purchase
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by enet1(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2018
Oga gazzuzz,goodpm how are you doing? Pls are you still in the business of managing uber investments for interested persons?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 8:23pm On May 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Shiny new parts for my most reliable vehicle.

Sadly the driver is reactive and not proactive, and only comes in when a/c has problem grin

Boss how much can i get these for 05 corolla?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2018
blackfm:

Boss how much can i get these for 05 corolla?

New Toyota, about 30-50k toks about 5-10k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 8:49pm On May 26, 2018
Incase you are on the island after the final whistle of the champions league just stay around Eko Hotel.Heineken and Mastercard viewing centres are there so crowds(surge) expected.
me am available for offline trips

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 26, 2018

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36pm On May 26, 2018
The rains are coming.

regular Suspension issues, electrical issues, Engine Hydro lock, over 50per of the E-hailing cars on the road will either be sold out of frustration from repairs, or they will be dumped. Enjoy the good weather while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 10:44pm On May 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

New Toyota, about 30-50k toks about 5-10k
Apiece or for the pair?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 11:18pm On May 26, 2018
dru23:

Yes bro ... I don't do hp at all .. Have learn from others mistake
What mistakes? Pls explain so we can all learn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 11:34pm On May 26, 2018
Just started today, see what my rating has turned into. Although did mistake with the Google map once with a rider shaar missed the Maryland bridge roundabout, I beg make una come teach me how una dey take do am

Cc nitigrity
Omonla10
Gazzuzz
Iyaegin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 1:02am On May 27, 2018
taxiappguy:

You said:
3. So as a fleet manager (which you claimed to be) once a car owner give you a car and you deliver weekly rental twice the car becomes your property but when it’s time to pay expenses like repairs, insurance or car documents renewal it becomes car owner property. Why Now, Oga experience.

I say:
3. I don't understand what you wrote here as regarding what I wrote, they don't seem to be related.
Oga sir, I hope you know that under rental agreement such expenses are borne by owner, that is standard operating procedure unless otherwise stated in agreement, repair bill is footed by owner, damages bill must be covered by driver. Vehicle owner is required to put the car in shape so that the renter can enjoy what he is paying for. Under which law will you convert the car to your property after rent is paid twice?

You said: And please you need to be very diplomatic in your comments, you run a business on this thread so be mindful of your image and perception.

I say: Being diplomatic does not mean I can't have an opinion, so long as it is not abrasive or hurtful. That you simply do not agree with me is not me being un-diplomatic.

If money can only be earned after value has exchanged hands, how come you prepay your rent and prepay your NEPA and prepay your MTN but you don't want to prepay your rental. If that is the case, car dealers are everywhere, you can always walk up to one of them and tell them you want one week of value using the car before you pay.

In the end, I know it might seem you disagree with me, but your final points prove that, it is really yourself you disagree with. As I said in my earlier post, the driver with assurance is a renter and with him, a car owner is better protected.
It is the one that pays at the end of the week that can be called your driver, it is he you have to be chasing up and down for payment and damage claims.

So please stop this Nigerian landlord entitlement mentality thing you have, it is not needed in business. When you rent out a car with assurance, you are the one offering a service to the renter. He is the one paying money. The customer is king. In as much as you are inclined to disagree, you are not some Lord of the manor, bossing it over your harem of drivers. You are actually a service provider and your job is to make sure you provide top notch service by providing a good Uber ready car.

When you go to AVIS to rent a car with your hard earned cash and pay, who exactly is the service provider and who is the customer?
So because someone is renting your car with his hard earned money for Uber, he must call you boss, what exactly do you need the title for.

I will keep saying it, a driver with assurance is your customer. Not your staff, nor slave. His job is to keep the car in the condition it was given out, under agreement and pay you. If he damages, he pays or repairs immediately.

The rider is the renter's boss.
The renter with assurance is the car owner's boss, and the car owner is the fleet manager's boss.
As you can see, there is no overall boss, or boss of all bosses or any thing like that. Everybody does his shift and goes home. That is how the partnership works.
I know it is a total mindset shift for you but you will get used to it.

I ordinarily would not reply this, but some of your allusions made it unavoidable. I have nothing but total respect for and would love to hear more from you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Derayo01: 5:04am On May 27, 2018
I am a pilot on uber and need a good/understanding partner to work with, if you are,you can reach me on this number..09071447776, olatundeidowus@gmail.com...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tosinjay(m): 5:13am On May 27, 2018
famousguy01:
Just started today, see what my rating has turned into. Although did mistake with the Google map once with a rider shaar missed the Maryland bridge roundabout, I beg make una come teach me how una dey take do am
Don't know how taxify does these things. When i started too for a few days, remained 5star. Been doing uber so I've garnered experience to handle taxify. Did my best and never had a bad trip with a rider, so i thought until one day fiam, rating jumped to 3.76. Never had any bad trip, Ac and all working perfect, it only later improved to 4.20. I've not worked for over 2 weeks, focusing on other businesses atm, if nt it'd have probably improved more by now. Don't just know how taxify run their ratings. Up till now i can still take requests.

But i cancel requests alot, taxify riders are too naughty, it's as though giving them your best as per a ride is concerned isn't enough for them. I noticed majority of taxify riders i called to confirm destination from are always behaving super informed, saying I'm not supposed to ask that. Yea although we were told not to ask until we get to pick up point which is highly unfair. Bt me if anyone hesitate too much i cancel because i knw it won't end well.

I wish to be clear on how their rating system works too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 6:35am On May 27, 2018
Chuwaa:
Abeg, all these dogon turenci Don too much, car owners should just go open another thread.

After driving in the peak of surges and partner boosts, I find uber very sluggish nowadays, it's like the number of drivers has been tripled. Na only rainfall de bring surge now. Even my gbagada/ifako axis that used to be a sure bet each morning come dry yesterday.
More grace to your steering to all drivers still driving for others, una de try well well.

MARCH/April were surge/boost months.
More drivers are joining and more people are investing and more work is needed. I'll soon be out, thank God my little set back is over. Time to give my ride a facelift after all the wear and tear of the past three months.

For Surge and Boost am sure those times would be back as we draw towards the end of the year but after my experience last weekend i can almost confidently say Uber is now over saturated and anyone thinking of jumping in for immediate profits is only wasting their time and need to be really patient.Things are no more like the first 3/4 months of this year when Uber wan take surge blind us.Saturdays was an absolute delight from 1.8 surge for morning for mainland to 2.0 surge at night for island but now gyne even monday morning that used to be 2.0 on the island that could increase to 2.4/2.5 from surge is now only on 1st Mondays of the month where there are expected monthly board/exco meetings in companies etc..maybe now that there are more drivers there is no need for surge except for rains even Airport that was sure banker 2.0 on some nights at certain times on the hour mark i dont know when last i saw Airport surge.Now getting a ride seems to be you being closest to the rider and having good confirmation/cancellatn rates but its all good.lets have fun and still make the little money but those newbies who are jumping to do 30/35k weekly i wish you the best.
P.S take note of some really terrible potholes especially on the super highway.there is one currently at gbagada inwards 3MB before charly boy that has slowly grown into a mini gulley..it is in the middle lane..a car entered in my front yesterday and the whole front arms came off so lets be safe n careful out there..
As our Ogunvic used to say lets keep Lagos moving..
Happy Sunday..

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TestimoneyTesti: 7:19am On May 27, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:10am On May 27, 2018
famousguy01:

Cc nitigrity
Omonla10
Gazzuzz
Iyaegin
Chai. Some riders are just too wicked.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2018
famousguy01:

Cc nitigrity
Omonla10
Gazzuzz
Iyaegin
B4 I started on 9th January this year, I could not go past 3mb on my own. Never entered surulere, can't even drive myself to ozumba mbadiwe from 3mb, can't drive to unilag on my own.. And I've been driving my car since over 1 year. The only route I knew well was abulegba-agege-ogba-egbeda etc.
Mind you, I was born in Lagos but abulegba /Sango axis and never left Lagos except for my BSc..

I'm telling you this to show u I was a total novice entering this biz, yet I survived cos I always tell the riders I'm new in Lagos.. And depend mostly on riders. most riders will be happy to show a newbie the way and u still avoid being rated poorly cos they are aware of Ur ignorance..
As for the ratings, a 1-star trip can take u to. 3.0 from 5.0..and another 4 5-star trips will take u back to almost 4.4.
Dont try too much to impress riders, cos anxiety alone can lead u into a lot of mistakes..
Start leaving 100 naira change or sometimes 200 for long trips.
Sometimes, like I do, end the ride like 500m or a kilometer to destination or when u enter their estates. .. And let them know that u don't want to waste their money.
Never argue with Ur rider, even if he says Buhari is the best president in the world, just support him jeje.

On Ur activity, never cancel a trip by Ur self, if u want to cancel, just slide the "arriving now' and wait for over 3 mins before u cancel

Off to church jare..

Oga's will continue the lessons with u later.. Eg iamstanlee GAZZUZZ iyaegin taxiappguy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:18am On May 27, 2018
tosinjay:

Don't know how taxify does these things. When i started too for a few days, remained 5star. Been doing uber so I've garnered experience to handle taxify. Did my best and never had a bad trip with a rider, so i thought until one day fiam, rating jumped to 3.76. Never had any bad trip, Ac and all working perfect, it only later improved to 4.20. I've not worked for over 2 weeks, focusing on other businesses atm, if nt it'd have probably improved more by now. Don't just know how taxify run their ratings. Up till now i can still take requests.

But i cancel requests alot, taxify riders are too naughty, it's as though giving them your best as per a ride is concerned isn't enough for them. [b]I noticed majority of taxify riders i called to confirm destination from are always behaving super informed, saying I'm not supposed to ask tha[/b]t. Yea although we were told not to ask until we get to pick up point which is highly unfair. Bt me if anyone hesitate too much i cancel because i knw it won't end well.

I wish to be clear on how their rating system works too.
It always happen on taxify. They won't use the phone's GPS to fix their pickup location, yet they will shout when you don't know your way.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On May 27, 2018
Due to popular demand....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.