Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743375 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aybynature: 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
eherbal:
please explain the twice a week remittance

Please call for enquiries, that's why there's a phone number...and please...unquote me so I could delete my number when I have to...

Cheers!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
iyaegin:

Elantra Drivers make una answer me na...@dru23 come and answer for your fleet now oh...

Honestly I don't know my brother.. My drivers are not complaining at all . They love the car, but bottom line is that the fuel difference is not much compare to the corolla. The elantra fuel will not break the bank.. If you want to get one please do.just make you get a good one that is not abused and no sludge in the engine.. Take care of the car and the car will take care of you. Use good engine oil.. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dejavusayso: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
I have a 2004 Toyota corolla available for

Weekly rental- 35k

Two Guarantors

Assurance Deposit (a must)

An experienced driver in the field (taxify/uber) and preferably driver should reside on the mainland.

Contact- 08037984660
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
TheCar:

Waiting for Dru23, Gazzuzz and Carshopper to reply.

If they don't, I understand because it's trade secret

I believe Chillex8 currently use Corolla, if am not wrong.

Chucsmore is also a Corolla person based on his recent comments.

Toyota Prius in my opinion would be a wrong choice for these business but the expert Gazzuzz was teasing Carshopper sometime ago when someone advert Toyota Prius for sale on these thread. Never know if they finally experiment with the car.

Also whatever you decide, consider the car second hand value if you decide to exit the business.

Would you be able to get good value for the car after use.

Kia product is a No-No for me (ignorant choice), could change my mind tomorrow if I get good fact and evidence that proof underwise.

Cheers

The only trade secret I have so far is USA spec Castrol oil that I use for my elantra.. The oil is safe enough for me for my cars and cheaper. And I won't use USA spec Mobil 1 oil ..too fancy for my elantra and expensive.. Good oil just to expensive for me. USA spec Castrol all the way for me .that is only my trade secret.. Also people are catching up with elantra.. Very good car so far .no major issues with it at all. My drivers are very ok with the car. And also Honda civic is another car that I will focus on as my second choice, especially 05 for taxify usage..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
chucsmoore:
Bro Corolla is d bomb. Nothing else but corolla. Good thinking! Good product !

Wouldn't waste my money on a corolla at all ..elantra is perfect for me.. For now I don't have to worry about people stealing the elantra or stealing parts from it ..am sure it happens to elantras but not at the rate of corollas
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
aybynature:

Please call for enquiries, that's why there's a phone number...and please...unquote me so I could delete my number when I have to...

Cheers!
undecided
lipsrsealed
angry
Youre very glamorous with words you know?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

To all my uber partners or those that drive their own car . And to those that wants to keep their car running smooth .. USA spec Mobil 1 5quarts 5w30 for 15500k is still avaliable... castrol USA spec 5quarts is still available for 13500k.. Please compare prices to what is in the market, and keep in mind my stuff is USA spec.. And also I started using USA spec Castrol on one of mine cars.. So far no issues at all and no oil shorten.. Car is running smoothly...

Contact me : dru23@hotmail.com

USA mobil 1 5quarts 15500k
USA Castrol 5quarts. 13500k

Chief dru, I never forget the oil you promised me o grin

Hope you haven't forgotten

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
mcadebola:

Bro, Do you think a relatively new Uber driver with almost zero knowledge of Lagos roads can survive the first month with the use of google maps alone??

Putting to consideration that he might also get help from some polite riders if he is polite enough an the rider is also nice.

It depends on how good you are with google maps.

I was in your shoes and I got by easily, but then again, I have been using Google maps for years, so I virtually know everything there is to know about it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
bily:

Chief dru, I never forget the oil you promised me o grin

Hope you haven't forgotten

When you are ready let me know and I will let my contact in Lagos know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mcadebola: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good afternoon,

Kindly Add me to the whatsapp group 07082662223

Thank You
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

Me personally can't use corolla.. Too expensive for the business. The elantra has been doing fine for me ,very impressed with elantra so far ,only issue have had with elantra for some reason is the alternator. I have change two so far. And most importantly my drivers are not complaining about the car. Also my second choice is civic Honda. Honda civic 05 very strong and ok . I have an 04 civic and trying to get 05 do that it can qualify for taxify
what works for u might not work for me. But seriously Toyota Corolla makes sense a lot. In GaZZuZ voice “. Every mallam with his own kettle” smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Olahevan:

2k fuel to make 20k is a big lie. Only if you do offline

lexylexy:

Bros, which corolla are you talking about. 2k to make 20k ké. Even 4k won't make you 20k. Stop bobo-ing us here.

kneo:

Hey. Hold it there. Mine takes 4k fuel and yields 14k to 15k. Stop shaking this table o

cross8701:

This is an abnormally and not the norm. You said that you use 2k to make 20k and then said this is achieved mainly by a lot of Off line trips. This isn't the same for most Toyota Corolla drivers on E- Hailing, your logic is flawed.

iyaegin:

Oga don't come and use offline trips to take shine here na...once offline don enter you cannot count that ABI do you pay fees on offline trip...

Gentlelife50:

The way una dey talk this thing sef, how 2k fuel go be half tank? Na Keke u dey drive?

Stake2odds:

Is this a delibrate act to just give out wrong information or you use a corolla which is not made by Toyota? Corolla is approximately 50L so how do you get half tank with 2000? Did you buy fuel for less than 100 naira?

Doubting Thomases everywhere. Na wa o

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
eherbal:
moreundecided

Don't use just 10 bad reviews out of 100 to judge a car o . Am sure corolla too has its own share of negative reviews. My elantras are from 07 to 08. I only had one bad transmission issue, which might be the fault of the driver. And keep in mind these cars are over 100k miles. I had one car that is over 200k miles when I bought it . Till now the engine is still running fine and ok ,upon the use of Nigeria oil that I use on it .the car has been on uber for a year, no transmission issue at .
At the beginning of my cars, major issue was ball joint are not strong, linkage etc this and that. So I started buying from eBay and after that no issues. And also most parts sold in ladipo are very bad. If an elantra can last six months doing uber, I think the car is strong enough for personal use o.
Am team elantra all the way o .the cars are getting expensive and also it's a fierce competitor for the corolla. In the USA elantra is up there with corolla.. First time in Nigeria in years I saw elantras all over the place. For every five corolla on the Nigeria road, I saw three elantras fear catch me small.. So elantra for me, cheaper and safe from vandalism compare to corolla. And aslo I never had issues with A/C ,compressor, from the elantra at all ..bottom line use the rite oil and take care of the car
Since most people believe that corolla are strong.. They tend to over abuse the car a lot. And maintance is usually highly ignore on the car .. Base on the fact that the car is a corolla, so by the time the car sold as naija used . The third owner might not even get another 1 year out of the car . The car would have been on his last leg o .. I will never buy a second hand use car in Nigeria especially if it is a Toyota car ,especially a corolla..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Stake2odds:

Is this a delibrate act to just give out wrong information or you use a corolla which is not made by Toyota? Corolla is approximately 50L so how do you get half tank with 2000? Did you buy fuel for less than 100 naira?
i understand what the dude mean though. If i get the first low fuel warning light and enter petrol station within 10-12km drive/distance, get 2k fuel, the needle points at the middle, showing u got half tank. But then 2k isn't half tank cos when u see the first reserve tank light u should have a minimum of around 10-13 litres cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
lymelyte:
Please where can I position in VICTORIA island to get request btw 9am-12pm?
btwin 11 and 12 noon. bishop oluwole, many liason offices, ozumba mbadiwe Avenue, u could get request from waterfront plaza, Radisson blue hotel, the wings office complex or walter Carrington cres.... Infact this road get better car parks to chill and get fresh air.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

Wouldn't waste my money on a corolla at all ..elantra is perfect for me.. For now I don't have to worry about people stealing the elantra or stealing parts from it ..am sure it happens to elantras but not at the rate of corollas
most people who slander Hyundai and Kia product have never use it before, I use to have same view they have until 3 years ago. The Kia I was using then mad, ilorin, ibadan, Abeokuta and ijebu starts and move.
The only issue I had once was when the belt cut, the mechanic in ilorin could not fix it, but with the help of YouTube video. I did it myself

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

Don't use just 10 bad reviews out of 100 to judge a car o . Am sure corolla too has its own share of negative reviews. My elantras are from 07 to 08. I only had one bad transmission issue, which might be the fault of the driver. And keep in mind these cars are over 100k miles. I had one car that is over 200k miles when I bought it . Till now the engine is still running fine and ok ,upon the use of Nigeria oil that I use on it .the car has been on uber for a year, no transmission issue at .
At the beginning of my cars, major issue was ball joint are not strong, linkage etc this and that. So I started buying from eBay and after that no issues. And also most parts sold in ladipo are very bad. If an elantra can last six months doing uber, I think the car is strong enough for personal use o.
Am team elantra all the way o .the cars are getting expensive and also it's a fierce competitor for the corolla. In the USA elantra is up there with corolla.. First time in Nigeria in years I saw elantras all over the place. For every five corolla on the Nigeria road, I saw three elantras fear catch me small.. So elantra for me, cheaper and safe from vandalism compare to corolla. And aslo I never had issues with A/C ,compressor, from the elantra at all ..bottom line use the rite oil and take care of the car
Since most people believe that corolla are strong.. They tend to over abuse the car a lot. And maintance is usually highly ignore on the car .. Base on the fact that the car is a corolla, so by the time the car sold as naija used . The third owner might not even get another 1 year out of the car . The car would have been on his last leg o .. I will never buy a second hand use car in Nigeria especially if it is a Toyota car ,especially a corolla..
you reall know about cars

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
chucsmoore:

2k fuel can never be half tank, whatever car it is. Stop all these misinformation.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
chucsmoore:

Oga 2k fuel can never be half tank, whatever car. Stop all these misinformation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Oga 2k fuel can never be half tank, whatever car. Stop all these misinformation.
wanted to say the same thing but I can just argue with everyone. Person wey dey lie know say him dey lie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Let me put this straight on here, don’t belief everything people tell you. Some people just assume.
A car doesn’t consume fuel according to brand name but engine: There is no how an Hyundai 1.6l engine will consume fuel pass Corolla 1.8l engine.
A Kia cerato 2010 will use 9litres fuel from Ogudu,Lagos to ibadan without AC

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
Olahevan:
most people who slander Hyundai and Kia product have never use it before, I use to have same view they have until 3 years ago. The Kia I was using then mad, ilorin, ibadan, Abeokuta and ijebu starts and move.
The only issue I had once was when the belt cut, the mechanic in ilorin could not fix it, but with the help of YouTube video. I did it myself
The Kia I talked about in this post is Nigerian used, the only thing we fix since we bought it is Alternator and leakages.
And we are using normal Total 500 Made in Nigeria for the servicing

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

this is just a review from a website.do you want me to load reviews from other sites too? even our in-house guru has confirmed,"transmission, transmission". bringing the notice of Elantra transmission ish is not to make the owners feel bad,but to be aware of it's limitations and what to expect. also, would be purchasers would be cautious before purchasing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please how can someone boost his rating on taxify back to 5star?
One yeye lady just annoyed me this afternoon and I gave her the piece of my mind.. I don't tolerate bullshit.. I drive my own car and on part-time basis but some riders will just feel like like they are doing you a big favor..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
lymelyte:
One yeye lady just annoyed me this afternoon and I gave her the piece of my mind.. I don't tolerate bullshit.. I drive my own car and on part-time basis but some riders will just feel like like they are doing you a big favor..
wow.sorry about that,but canyou intimate us on what transpired so we can learn a thing or two from you.to get to 5 stars,you have to check your temperament, hospitality, appearance and your disposition.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mcadebola: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
lymelyte:

grin cheesy Boss, be like for this business...... Na to keep piece of your mind at home ooooo grin grin

Else, Your ratings go just be like say e dey do monthly period sad

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
dru23:

Since most people believe that corolla are strong.. They tend to over abuse the car a lot. And maintance is usually highly ignore on the car .. Base on the fact that the car is a corolla, so by the time the car sold as naija used . The third owner might not even get another 1 year out of the car . The car would have been on his last leg o .. I will buy a second hand use car in Nigeria especially if it is a Toyota car ,especially a corolla..

grin grin cheesy

Fixed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
Olahevan:
The Kia I talked about in this post is Nigerian used, the only thing we fix since we bought it is Alternator and leakages.
And we are using normal Total 500 Made in Nigeria for the servicing

So finally, a car that doesn't require synthetic oil.

2010 Kia Cerato according to Olahevan.

The Total 5000 you're using, is it 10w-40 or 20w-50 and how often do you change oil?

Also is that the required engine oil as stated in the car manual.

Please pardon my ignorance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
Gentlelife50:

No need of too much talk. Let’s hook up and let me proof it to u. I can volunteer to come wherever you are, we go to heyden filling station together on reserve and buy 2k fuel, you see it yourself live and direct. No need of unnecessary argument. Am very sure u don’t drive Corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Gentlelife50:

See 2k fuel I bought since 8:00am in d morning. I have done 8 trips on it. It hasn’t even come down

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Nifemi2020(m), Travoski, Omoapena(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.