Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4816431 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (5705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
dejavusayso:
I have a 2003 Toyota corolla available for

Weekly rental- 35k

Two Guarantors

Assurance Deposit (a must)

An experienced driver in the field (taxify/uber) (must) and preferably driver should reside on the mainland.

Contact- 08037984660
Copy and paste advert

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
ameristu:
Hello guys,

Keep up the good work on this platform.

To the guys that buy 15k engine oil, do you buy another 15k engine oil to top off your car when the oil goes down or you top off with 5k oil.

Looking forward to your feedback.

This is where reading the manual of your vehicle becomes critical.

Does your engine go off when the fuel level gets to quarter tank? No it does not.

Vehicle manual states engine oil should be between the high and low marks, when it goes below the low mark that's when it becomes critical and will require a top up. If your engine oil cannot stay above the low mark between
oil changes, it will require a top up. Between the low and high marks of most engine dipstick is 1liter of engine oil. Since this is a E-hailing community and most of you are on 1.3-2.0 liter engines, the maximum most cars require during oil changes is 4liters. So buying the 5liter pack from me you should have 1liter for top up, if your engine is shorting oil.

Note if your engine burns up more than 1liter of oil every 1,000miles, it is not suitable for e-hailing and should be overhauled or replaced.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0ubenji(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
veeluv2015:

Lol....I foresee a lot of offline trips grin
inter-state ones mostly grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rajsolomon: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abeg is toyota avensis 2004 a good car to use for ehailing d one with d4 engine( i4 ) corolla too cost i budget 1m
Mr gazzuzz to u and others

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
Rajsolomon:
Abeg is toyota avensis 2004 a good car to use for ehailing d one with d4 engine( i4 ) corolla too cost i budget 1m
Mr gazzuzz to u and others

I am a regular rider on uber and I have noticed a lot of matrix on the roads.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
today I heard about a vehicle which was on H.P that got burnt on 3rd mainland. I was told the owner asked the driver to produce his vehicle. The vehicle had only 3rd party insurance.

Please vehicle owners if you are to give out your vehicle, it is your duty to have comprehensive insurance (with buy back) before giving it out.

Drivers, Never collect a vehicle H.P or rental without comprehensive insurance

If you need insurance contact axamansard on 08068659732

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
abiolag:
Is d 3rd mainland bridge closing today? Someone told me he heard it from d news
26th midnight. Total closure 3 days. For dynamic test. Then work starts by October (partial closure) work would be spread or staggered for 27 months angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
today I heard about a vehicle which was on H.P that got burnt on 3rd mainland. I was told the owner asked the driver to produce his vehicle. The vehicle had only 3rd party insurance.

Please vehicle owners if you are to give out your vehicle, it is your duty to have comprehensive insurance (with buy back) before giving it out.

Please y'all should take this advice very serious. I learnt the hard way. Don't learn like me

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
slamstanlee:
26th midnight. Total closure 3 days. For dynamic test. Then work starts by October (partial closure) work would be spread or staggered for 27 months angry

This means traffic. Traffic means surge. Surge means money wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
Tgiirl:
Uber this, Taxify that and here we are still stressing ourselves driving. I keep asking myself why some factory workers still stick with that job. Not that they & we love the job.

'Money must come in' and the only way to do that is to keep working hard/soft.

Its your choice to leave your 181k job to do a full day driving job.

To have enough time for yourself, you will equally forfeit earnings when not driving. Therefore the more time you create for yourself the lesser the inflow from ehailing.

You can chose to keep your job and join as a fleet partner..

Do your calculations right (best you can get is 300k net a month without fixing your car if God help)
Also, you can be in debt if you buy the wrong car for the business.

Earnings on uber√taxify is like forex trading. Some stakers gain while some loss and some lose all their investment. ( leaving only the successful ones to keep encouraging even when they know the risk involve)

We can agree to disagree .. I knw a few partners that drive their own car ..and I can honestly say they make 400k net a month.. If you drive ur own car. Use the proper oil and maintain the car ,you should be good to go .. I said early that one of my driver old man always delivers is rental on time ..he has to be in his 50's and he delivers on time... there was a time that the car was at the shop, the baba was calling and asking when the is.going to be ready ...so please let us be honest with ourselves.. If you own the car ,u will make money and at your own pace..

Mr .chilex is rite ..there is going to be a lot of dead cars this season.. This is the mechanic season o, engine parts seller season, tire seller season, some uber partners will cry this raining period o.. I wish you all the best as the rain continues fall o ..some drivers will not care and just see swimming pool of water and enter inside it like as if the car is a natural swimmer... and some will say it's only part of lagos that his raining, well wish you all the best.. Myself at I dey wish my self the best too

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
dru23:

We can agree to disagree .. I knw a few partners that drive their own car ..and I can honestly say they make 400k net a month.. If you drive ur own car. Use the proper oil and maintain the car ,you should be good to go .. I said early that one of my driver old man always delivers is rental on time ..he has to be in his 50's and he delivers on time... there was a time that the car was at the shop, the baba was calling and asking when the is.going to be ready ...so please let us be honest with ourselves.. If you own the car ,u will make money and at your own pace..

400? Every month? They will be requesting themselves every hour of the day? Una go dey una house dey talk wetin una no know. Well, like someone suggested he can try it for two weeks first.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
So I am been offered a 2008 Honda CRV to put to use and make money since owner hardly uses it cuz she has an official car.

My problem is : is it worth putting a 2008 Honda CRV on E-hailing (all protocol observed) ...

can't I just do C.H.S executive ?

inputs needed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
Gentlelife50:

400? Every month? They will be requesting themselves every hour of the day? Una go dey una house dey talk wetin una no know. Well, like someone suggested he can try it for two weeks first.

Like I said we can agree to disagree... if a 50 something year old can constantly deliver is rental for 4months now, and he has not cost me any major repair work .. I don't know what else to say o and the old man does does not have two heads ,the last time I check o .. And am sorry to say I don't think the man university graduate o ..so imagine if the man is the sole owner of the car ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Carshopper:
So I am been offered a 2008 Honda CRV to put to use and make money since owner hardly uses it cuz she has an official car.

My problem is : is it worth putting a 2008 Honda CRV on E-hailing (all protocol observed) ...

can't I just do C.H.S executive ?

inputs needed

not worth it. Only old time drivers that were there B4 E-hailing can utilize this properly, Not the uber/taxify babies wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
ameristu:
Hello guys,

Keep up the good work on this platform.

To the guys that buy 15k engine oil, do you buy another 15k engine oil to top off your car when the oil goes down or you top off with 5k oil.

Looking forward to your feedback.

There is No point buying a Synthetic Oil then top up with a Mineral Oil.

If there's any need to top up your car, instead of buying another 5Ltr you can simply get 1sqt/Ltr of the same brand for top up.

However, I don't think you need to do a top up until your next service. If you do need to a top up, have your mechanic check the car or just stick to the engine oil you used for last service.

If you do use a Mineral Oil, ensure you do your car service within 3000 mile or less to stay on the safe side.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

This is total wickedness from the Car Owner and a costly negligence from the driver.

H.P or Weekly Rental, comprehensive insurance is a must.

If you as a driver, collect a car for rental or hire-purchase with a 3rd party insurance, you are setting yourself up for failure from the start.

3rd party insurance means you as a driver is responsible and liable for unlimited repairs and damages.

Please check the vehicle papers especially insurance, if it's not comprehensive, you better go drop the car or borne the cost of insuring the car comprehensive.

It is irresponsible, inhuman, wickedness and heartless for any car owner to give out a car with 3rd party insurance.

Please always pay attention to details as a driver before you collect any car on rental or hire-purchase.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
What's a Third Party (Motor) Insurance

Third party car insurance covers damage to others as a result of an accident that's your fault. Damage to your car is not covered by third party car insurance. Nor does it cover theft of your car.

Third Party insurance cover damage to others as the result of an accident that was deemed your fault. Any damage to your own car is your own problem.

A comprehensive car insurance plan offers complete protection against the damages to your car due to an accident or a road-mishap. This plan is called a comprehensive plan because it provides coverage for the damages to your car, third-party legal liability, theft, along with the personal accident coverage. The coverage can be boosted by selecting additional covers, such as engine protector, accessories cover, medical expenses, zero depreciation cover, etc. This cover is widely popular, as it offers full-fledged coverage and it leaves the policyholder stress-free.

A comprehensive car insurance plan includes coverage for fire, theft, natural and man-made catastrophes, such as a tornado, hurricane vandalism, damage caused to your vehicle by animals, falling objects, civil disturbance, such as a riot that causes damages to your car.

Third Party Insurance

It cost less premium to insure your car for 3rd party insurance but you're exposed in a case of theft, accident or flood. If anything happens to your car, you can't make any claim or seek any form of compensation from the insurance company.

Comprehensive Insurance

It cost more premium to insure your car for a full comprehensive insurance but you're adequately covered in any case of theft, accident or flood. If anything happens to your car, you can make a claim or seek any form of compensation from the insurance company.

If you can afford to buy a car for 1.3million, paying approx 30 - 40k a year for comprehensive insurance to protect your car against unforeseen contingency shouldn't be a problem.

Without comprehensive insurance, your investment of 1.3m (Same money that takes your sweat and hard labour to gather) would be gone in smoke within seconds.

Please be wise, insured comprehensively.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by evilspirit: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
On this issue of insurance. I remember a discussion i had with a group of people after that Otedola accident. They concluded insurance was not important. To them the only important thing is life. When there's life there hope you will buy another car.

I didn't bother arguing with them. I just painted a scenario assuming you and I had our cars burnt in that fire. After the fire we were both happy that we came out alive. After a while reality of not having cars will set in. Then suddenly insurance paid me i added some money and i bought another car. The sad reality of not insuring your car will hit you hard.

They all kept quiet.

I know someone with Venza 2013 And another with 2011 Ford explora when I checked online they both had 3rd party insurance.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
dru23:

Like I said we can agree to disagree... if a 50 something year old can constantly deliver is rental for 4months now, and he has not cost me any major repair work .. I don't know what else to say o and the old man does does not have two heads ,the last time I check o .. And am sorry to say I don't think the man university graduate o ..so imagine if the man is the sole owner of the car ..
Some drivers have many offline clients and such ones have an edge over other drivers. So you don't know how he work. Again that he delivers doesn't necessarily mean he earn 400k every month. This business is no longer as it used to be, everybody here can testify to that. Many old-time drivers are struggling to meet up with their weekly target and you are assuring a newbie that want to resign his well paid Job that he's going to earn that much. Well like I said someone suggested that he try it for two weeks then make his decision.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rajsolomon: 12:02am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Some drivers have many offline clients and such ones have an edge over other drivers. So you don't know how he work. Again that he delivers doesn't necessarily mean he earn 400k every month. This business is no longer as it used to be, everybody here can testify to that. Many old-time drivers are struggling to meet up with their weekly target and you are assuring a newbie that want to resign his well paid Job that he's going to earn that much. Well like I said someone suggested that he try it for two weeks then make his decision.

Please how much do drivers earn now averagely or lemme say weekly thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rajsolomon: 12:04am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

I want to know how much drivers earn now ,since u are saying driver find it difficult to meet there weekly remittance .. at least at most thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 1:05am On Jul 14, 2018
Insurance isn't life, life isn't insurance. And both have their levels of importance. Of course, life is the most important.
But my people have a mentality, that paying for health insurance means you are planning to die, and paying for car insurance means you are getting ready to have an accident.
If you say safety, they will say don't even mention it. It's a bad omen, your saying it can jinx them.
Imams and Pastors have accidents o, and even they are wise enough to get insurance. And I am not talking third party. COMPREHENSIVE.
I met a lady who paid for comp for her tokunbo car, and on that same day, the driver she was testing totalled the car. Insurance paid her.
As a fleet manager, my 2nd requirement is COMP insurance, I don't compromise.
Even though Uber accepts 3rd party, I know my client's may not be mindful of the importance of Comp.
So it is my job to inform them, if you bring a vehicle without comprehensive insurance, we most times have to help you arrange comp or we have to respectfully reject the offer.

Comp insurance is so important to us at Taxi App Guy.
We have arranged to give cashback off AXA Mansard Comprehensive Insurance to our clients.

Call or Whatsapp us today and we will hook you up real quick.

08186473185[/b]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Ok in that case people should quit driving... it is not worth it anymore ..and the best thing is for people to return the cars back to the owners. ..there is no point doing uber / taxify or any ehailing business if it is not profitable

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:29am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

This is part that luck comes in ..if a driver is smart and keeps the car clean and he has excellent customer skills, he will surely get offline trips ..but you have to work smart to do it ..very unfortunately most uber drivers don't think like.. U can't always blame the climate of the business all the time ..I have a driver now that still owe me over 70k..he damage my car and ran off.. His guarantor is also docking our calls ... but not to worry myself, he will soon get what they call a rude awaken this week.. And also this is why must banks don't lend money to small businesses in Nigeria, I dont blame them at all .. It is part of our people's work ethic ...so my brother my sincere conclusion is that people are still making money or making 400k a month as along as they vehicle belongs them ..
Again we can agree to disagree ...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rajsolomon: 1:47am On Jul 14, 2018
dru23:

Ok in that case people should quit driving... it is not worth it anymore ..and the best thing is for people to return the cars back to the owners. ..there is no point doing uber / taxify or any ehailing business if it is not profitable

Boss u sef talk am ,lets dem forget about e hailing then.. since almost everyone is complaining ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Rajsolomon:

Boss u sef talk am ,lets dem forget about e hailing then.. since almost everyone is complaining ..

Yes now abi ... funny thing is even when business was sweet drivers still complain, driver still didn't want to deliver their rental, so which way forward my people ...and honestly am starting to belief Buhari when he said the youth are lazy it's either the youth are lazy or greedy it has to be one ... and also if you people can recall during Ogunvic41 time.. Drivers still complain, moan and bi*ch .. After showing them how to make money, so no matter what you can't make this drivers happy ..unless you dash them the car.. Even if you dash them self. Most will still complain that it is not corolla.. So which way forward my people...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:23am On Jul 14, 2018
dru23:

If that's what you read, bye. Gat no time for your back and forth argument. Push to any angle you want. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:34am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

If that's what you read, bye. Gat no time for your back and forth argument. Push to any angle you want. Thanks

At the end of day my brother ..if the job is hard and there is no future in it .. People should just quit uber business all together. They should return the cars to their respectful owners.. And look for a factory job to do ..there is a lot of factory job that pays at least 50k to 100k a month .. Hotel jobs pay good money too like housekeeping, bellman, front desk agent etc ..by the time you have to get up at 5am to catch bus either local or staff bus ,spend half of your salary on transportation. And than the fact is by the time it takes you 3hrs to get home from work, u go know say he no easy anywhere at all .. Most of you that are uber drivers, don't realize that having a car alone is a privilege, you are not paying for transport to and fro from wrk .. Some of u sit inside A/C and meanwhile you sitting down in traffic chilling watching others chase bus up and down inside traffic... I expect a lot of you to come for my head ..so when are ready to come for my head, come meet me for my house in ikeja..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by afroxyz: 3:03am On Jul 14, 2018
Good day. Please does anyone have a good HP deal? I'm asking for a friend. He has not driven in the platform before. But he is honest and hardworking. He need to do Uber to feed his family. Please anyone?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Moda1: 5:23am On Jul 14, 2018
grin Your friend no get wahala if na only food be him problem ,he doesnt hv any biz to do with uber ,he should look for resturant biz and problem is solved.

afroxyz:
Good day. Please does anyone have a good HP deal? I'm asking for a friend. He has not driven in the platform before. But he is honest and hardworking. He need to do Uber to feed his family. Please anyone?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28am On Jul 14, 2018
afroxyz:
Good day. Please does anyone have a good HP deal? I'm asking for a friend. He has not driven in the platform before But he is honest and hardworking. He need to do Uber to feed his family. Please anyone?

No one who has been following this thread will Give him a vehicle.

He must first earn his stripes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 6:31am On Jul 14, 2018
Bros, I wonder where you get some of the facts you present on this thread atimes. It cud be misleading u know. For the fact tht ur driver hs bn remitting constantly for 4months doesnt mean he makes 400k net! Net is the earning after all deductions hv bn taken from gross earning. Invariably, u are saying tht monthly earning will be like 500-600k bringing it to 400k after statutory deductns hv bn made. This is laughable.

Hv u taken time to know hw mch car owners tht drive on uber/Taxify make as gross monthly. You dont stay in Nigeria I believe neither do you drive on uber here so where did you get ur fact from. Bros, u practically do not hv first hand information abt this business. Forget abt what some drivers come here to display to you. Drive to experience it.

Abnitio before the influx of so many drivers and cars including dead ones being churned out by greedy partners as a result of misleading facts like this i cud say its possible. Someone reading this thread for the first time with this fact you jst gave will think Uber business is heaven on earth and thts why some people after reading this will start thinking of resigning their paying jobs for uber jst because of all this misleading and unverified facts. Well, am nt disputing the fact tht there is money in ehailing biz.
dru23:

Mr .chilex is rite ..there is going to be a lot of dead cars this season.. This is the mechanic season o, engine parts seller season, tire seller season, some uber partners will cry this raining period o.. I wish you all the best as the rain continues fall o ..some drivers will not care and just see swimming pool of water and enter inside it like as if the car is a natural swimmer... and some will say it's only part of lagos that his raining, well wish you all the best.. Myself at I dey wish my self the best too

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (5705) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Doris4ever(m), Cineinfo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.