Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805857 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2018
People that are saying rubbish can keep saying it. As for me oh and as a full time driver that I am, if I see 180k job now, I will quit this rubbish Uber work now now now. That guy won’t appreciate what he has now until he looses it

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2018
Megadrop:
Bros, I wonder where you get some of the facts you present on this thread atimes. It cud be misleading u know. For the fact tht ur driver hs bn remitting constantly for 4months doesnt mean he makes 400k net! Net is the earning after all deductions hv bn taken from gross earning. Invariably, u are saying tht monthly earning will be like 500-600k bringing it to 400k after statutory deductns hv bn made. This is laughable.

Hv u taken time to know hw mch car owners tht drive on uber/Taxify make as gross monthly. You dont stay in Nigeria I believe neither do you drive on uber here so where did you get ur fact from. Bros, u practically do not hv first hand information abt this business. Forget abt what some drivers come here to display to you. Drive to experience it.

Abnitio before the influx of so many drivers and cars including dead ones being churned out by greedy partners as a result of misleading facts like this i cud say its possible. Someone reading this thread for the first time with this fact you jst gave will think Uber business is heaven on earth and thts why some people after reading this will start thinking of resigning their paying jobs for uber jst because of all this misleading and unverified facts. Well, am nt disputing the fact tht there is money in ehailing biz.

We can agree that this uber business is mainly a young mans playing field abi ? Ok ,my point is that if an old man is out there delivering is rental constantly, regardless if uber is slow or not ,regardless if he is getting offline job... whatever offline job he is getting is either through uber or taxify.. So basically does offline jobs he got he was able to make the best out if.. And the reason why he was able to get good offline job is due to his gud customers skills.. Am sure he found a way to humble himself and attract the positive energy towards the riders he picks up and inreturn it became a frequent offline job for him.. And also he keeps the car clean ..
At the end of the day , if an old man can humble himself and get the job, what does it say about you younger guys? And aslo if the old man was able to get a car of his own ,than we can likely say that he has the potential to make 400k for himself a month due to his work ethic ..
The old man is longest driver I have so far ..longest driver on my fleet ..funny enough the driver that reccomended him to my manager no longer works for us anymore. Can you imagine that irony ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2018
afroxyz:
Good day. Please does anyone have[b] a good HP deal[/b]? I'm asking for a friend. He has not driven in the platform before. But he is honest and hardworking. He need to do Uber to feed his family. Please anyone?

I might be wrong but this isn't the right way to ask for HP?

Sell his skills not problems. Sell his knowledge not challenges.

If he hasn't drive on the platform before, does he understand Lagos road, has he drive in Lagos before?

1st disadvantages - He hasn't drive on the platform before.

Implications - No car owner would be willing to give him a car on weekly rental talkless of HP.

Solutions - My friend hasn't drive on the platform before but has xxxx years driving experience on Lagos road. He understands the in and out of Lagos etc.

2nd disadvantages - He need to do Uber to feed his family.

Implications - No car owner would be willing to give him a car because you just informed the car owner that he should prepare him/herself for plenty default stories. No car owner want a driver that would default in making payment on rental or HP.

Solutions - Please remove this part from your request for him.

Other part you missed -

1. How much does he have for deposit?

2. What type of car is he looking for to get on HP

3. How much would be be willing to pay weekly for the Hire-Purchase.

4. What's his budget for the HP car?

5. He need to get into the system to understand it before he knows whether it's a good or bad idea doing HP

Cheers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:00am On Jul 14, 2018
medd422:
People that are saying rubbish can keep saying it. As for me oh and as a full time driver that I am, if I see 180k job now, I will quit this rubbish Uber work now now now. That guy won’t appreciate what he has now until he looses it

The early you find that 180k to 1m job, the better for you my brother.. It is better you quit uber now and say no to uber / taxify slavery o. Just return that car to the owner .and aslo bank robbery is a lucrative job o my brother.. It comes with its own risk and reward.. Just make sure you put 70% of the operation money aside o .. Don't go and waste it on women that weren't there with you during the operation o.. We all have choices to make in life.. Choose wisely and good luck bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 7:11am On Jul 14, 2018
On this issue of e hailing profitability
Sincerely, no business is as profitable as it was before but whatever the case, we still all depend on it for a living. Car owners here are saying a guy shouldn't quit a 180k job for Uber but the same car owners will not give out their car below 35k/week (140k/month) how much will the driver earn weekly? 5k? Drivers will prefer the old ways of driving Madam upandan Lagos (min driver pay is 45k/month).
Every business has its own way, while some are backing out, others are joining. It's all about your "approach & survival plan"
HP rate in Lagos was 100k/monthly (& still is for dealers without uber knowledge) but here, the minimum you can get is 200k/month with crazy fee. Why? Because we both know there's money in the biz.

Scaring people away from a particular business to prevent saturation doesn't work please!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2018
medd422:
Only take the advice of full time drivers not , not the ones that do it for fun.

Positive vibes, can bring you positive people around you . Most times positive energy can also attract positive result.. It seems you don't like driving and because of that it is affecting where you need to be either in life or in your business.. Change your outlook on your job .. Do your job like you love it and you will never know where your luck might come from. This advice is also directed towards me too .. Sometimes I don't always remember to practice what I preach
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2018
For drivers ranting about quitting Uber for a salary job, there's is vacancies section on Nairaland why are you not visiting? The best way to get a job is through e hailing. You drive a lot of people daily & meet new influential people with top positions. If I really need a salary job, I'll always have copies of my credentials in folders ready just in case!!!
I've had a glimpse of hailing biz long before Uber (2009)but things were really difficult then cos every trip is offline and reference is the only way to get more trips. It is all easy now.

Do you know when people on salary start preparing for the day? Do you know when they return home daily? Do you know how much they spent on transportation? How much time do spent weekly in holdups? There's no freedom!!

Truth be told, 99% of car owners(driving themselves) here will reject a salary job below 300k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:32am On Jul 14, 2018
timilehing:
For drivers ranting about quitting Uber for a salary job, the best way to get a job is through e hailing. You drive a lot of people daily & meet new influential people with top positions. If I really need a salary job, I'll always have copies of my credentials in folders ready just in case!!!
I've had a glimpse of hailing biz long before Uber (2009)but things were really difficult then cos every trip is offline and reference is the only way to get more trips. It is all easy now.

Do you know when people on salary start preparing for the day? Do you know when they return home daily? Do you know how much they spent on transportation? How much time do spent weekly in holdups? There's no freedom!!

Truth be told, 99% of car owners(driving themselves) here will reject a salary job below 300k

In the western world it's called networking .. When you rich people or executives playing golf together ,what do you think they are doing ? Thank you my brother, you shall live long and healthy.. You will never bury any of your children.. When I try to think with an open mind on this forum, people think am crazy ..thank you brother for further explanation, I couldn't have come up with the way you presented the post ..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2018
medd422:

I am confused and lost

May 23, 2018, you reply one of comments with this -

medd422:

For your mind, I’m a driver renting cars. Lol. I’ve crossed that bridge a long time ago. I even added another car to my fleet last month, driver is doing fine without a guarantor. I never see any partner see shishi collect from any guarantor. As an experienced driver, I know what really matters, not what y”all are copying and pasting here. Abey make I leave story jare. Make Una dey copy and paste dey go.

From your comment above, you make us believed you had 2 cars. You drive one while collect weekly rental on the other.

Let us assume you have 2 cars as claimed and both are on rental, you collect 70k weekly as rental payment. And 70k X 4 = 280,000.

With your 2 cars, you collect Two Hundred and Eighty Thousand - 280,000 - Naira Monthly without doing anything yet you would quit Uber that pay you minimum income for doing nothing 280,000 monthly for a job that requires you do something for 180,000 monthly. I am lost and confused here. Please explain. grin grin

On April 02, 2018 you also said and I qoute " I work on a target. I do 10k daily from Monday to Thursday and 15k daily from Friday to Sunday. Some days, it doesn’t take me more than 3hours to make my 10k and some days, luck will just shine and I’d meet those clients that prefer offline and need u for the whole day. 20 to 25k is sure on those days."

If you do 10k X 4 (Monday - Thursday) = 40,000

15k X 3 (Friday - Sunday) = 45,000

Weekly Total - 40,000 (Mon - Thur) + 45,000 (Fri - Sun) equal to 85,000.

85,000 (weekly income) X 4 = 340,000.

So according to you you make/earn 340k monthly driving your own car and collect 140k as weekly rental from your other car on weekly rental making a total monthly income of 480,000 (340k + 140k) and you claim you want to quit Uber for a job paying you 180k a month.

Please sir, what are we missing?

Are your claims false or someone hacked your account grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by miliki777: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
today I heard about a vehicle which was on H.P that got burnt on 3rd mainland. I was told the owner asked the driver to produce his vehicle. The vehicle had only 3rd party insurance.

Please vehicle owners if you are to give out your vehicle, it is your duty to have comprehensive insurance (with buy back) before giving it out.

Drivers, Never collect a vehicle H.P or rental without comprehensive insurance

If you need insurance contact axamansard on 08068659732

People take comprehensive insurance for granted. I did for my camry last yr dec nd till date ntn has happened to the car that requires the attention of d insurance coy meanwhile i gave out a tokumbo car on thursday nd d driver called me that same evening that one useless bus driver has damaged the 2 headlam nd bumper, instantly my hrt cut. lol.
i ran went to the scene, the driver started the usual ejor that he has no money, i called a backup car to come to d scene as i was abt gng to the station he started begging with 11k, i ended up collecting all he has wrked that day 18,250. i will contact my insurance coy on monday. comprehensive insurance is d key bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 7:39am On Jul 14, 2018
Someone should pls explain this to me oo. Seems Taxify r up to something with this stupid campaign .
The message says stay online for at least 15+ hours and complete 15+ trips.
But my completed rides showing 7/20
I tot it should be showing 7/15

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:47am On Jul 14, 2018
TheCar:

I am confused and lost

From your comment above, you make us believed you had 2 cars. You drive one while collect weekly rental on the other.

Let us assume you have 2 cars as claimed and both are on rental, you collect 70k weekly as rental payment. And 70k X 4 = 280,000.

With your 2 cars, you collect Two Hundred and Eighty Thousand - 280,000 - Naira Monthly without doing anything yet you would quit Uber that pay you minimum income for doing nothing 280,000 monthly for a job that requires you do something for 180,000 monthly. I am lost and confused here. Please explain. grin grin

On April 02, 2018 you also said and I qoute " I work on a target. I do 10k daily from Monday to Thursday and 15k daily from Friday to Sunday. Some days, it doesn’t take me more than 3hours to make my 10k and some days, luck will just shine and I’d meet those clients that prefer offline and need u for the whole day. 20 to 25k is sure on those days."

So according to you you make/earn 340k monthly driving your own car and collect 140k as weekly rental from your other car on weekly rental making a total monthly income of 480,000 (340k + 140k) and you claim you want to quit Uber for a job paying you 180k a month.

Thank you my brother .. I just went back and I read one of his old post . He was saying guarantor is overrated, he is adding more cars to his fleet, he has cross that bridge before etc ..don't mind the guy.. He forgot that the internet never forgets ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2018
There is no definite answer to how much you can earn driving on uber as owner driver.
It all depends on how much you can hustle,how good is your car. As owner driver I must confess there are weeks I earn as much as 70k net and even above, and there Weeks I earn as low as 40k net and even below It all depends how much time I put in. The weeks I start working from 5am to 10pm are the weeks I make 70k and the weeks laziness sets in I work from 9am to 10pm are the weeks earn 50k to 60k. The weeks I earn 40k and below are the weeks I wake up and sit at home, then hustle more in the weekend to cover up for the lost days. Above all its not easy driving for close to 15hours everyday but the reward is figure you churn out weekly.
I also resigned from a 150k monthly job and I think I felt better for the past 6months I have done this job full time because no boss to order me around. My only boss is my rider who I treat respectfully because he pays the bill. I don't worry about unruly riders, there are few of them and some days you won't even meet one, and the days you meet one just be patient. I hope the guy on 180k job will take his time and drive on weekends to learn the ropes first, I did same. Thank you.
timilehing:
For drivers ranting about quitting Uber for a salary job, there's is vacancies section on Nairaland why are you not visiting? The best way to get a job is through e hailing. You drive a lot of people daily & meet new influential people with top positions. If I really need a salary job, I'll always have copies of my credentials in folders ready just in case!!!

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2018
dru23:

Yes now abi ... funny thing is even when business was sweet drivers still complain, driver still didn't want to deliver their rental, so which way forward my people ...and honestly am starting to belief Buhari when he said the youth are lazy it's either the youth are lazy or greedy it has to be one ... and also if you people can recall during Ogunvic41 time.. Drivers still complain, moan and bi*ch .. After showing them how to make money, so no matter what you can't make this drivers happy ..unless you dash them the car.. Even if you dash them self. Most will still complain that it is not corolla.. So which way forward my people...

Funny enough the people who are quick to prefer solutions or offer advice are those sitting in their homes that doesn't even know what's happening on the road.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2018
mazinaija:
There is no definite answer to how much you can earn driving on uber as owner driver.
It all depends on how much you can hustle,how good is your car. As owner driver I must confess there are weeks I earn as much as 70k net and even above, and there Weeks I earn as low as 40k net and even below It all depends how much time I put in. The weeks I start working from 5am to 10pm are the weeks I make 70k and the weeks laziness sets in I work from 9am to 10pm are the weeks earn 50k to 60k. The weeks I earn 40k and below are the weeks I wake up and sit at home, then hustle more in the weekend to cover up for the lost days. Above all its not easy driving for close to 15hours everyday but the reward is figure you churn out weekly.
I also resigned from a 150k monthly job and I think I felt better for the past 6months I have done this job full time because no boss to order me around. My only boss is my rider who I treat respectfully because he pays the bill. I don't worry about unruly riders, there are few of them and some days you won't even meet one, and the days you meet one just be patient. I hope the guy on 180k job will take his time and drive on weekends to learn the ropes first, I did same. Thank you.
Thank you my brother, nothing in life is easy o .. Since you have your own car ,you can drive as much and less as you want ..sometime even driving your own car can make a person lazy too ..coz you are not in a rush to pay rental and sometimes it encourages owners to procrastinate.. Well it is part of been a boss I guess
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:58am On Jul 14, 2018
medd422:
Don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Funny enough the people who are quick to prefer solutions or offer advice are those sitting in their homes that doesn't even know what's happening on the road.

Sometimes that's how battles are won ...[b][/b]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sola12(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2018
Hello house , picked up a slot fŕom Abule Oja to ICM yesterday night on 1.8 surge ....babe refuse to pay said it was too much. I didnt collect anything from her . Hw do i go abt a refund from Uber . Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2018
miliki777:

People take comprehensive insurance for granted. I did for my camry last yr dec nd till date ntn has happened to the car that requires the attention of d insurance coy meanwhile i gave out a tokumbo car on thursday nd d driver called me that same evening that one useless bus driver has damaged the 2 headlam nd bumper, instantly my hrt cut. lol.
i ran went to the scene, the driver started the usual ejor that he has no money, i called a backup car to come to d scene as i was abt gng to the station he started begging with 11k, i ended up collecting all he has wrked that day 18,250. i will contact my insurance coy on monday. comprehensive insurance is d key bro

grin grin grin grin you collected offering 2times grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2018
sola12:
Hello house , picked up a slot fŕom Abule Oja to ICM yesterday night on 1.8 surge ....babe refuse to pay said it was too much. I didnt collect anything from her . Hw do i go abt a refund from Uber . Thanks

slut or slot? Did you insert into the slot?

Did you Go for driver training? How did you Get Driving? Do you know how to use a phone?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:06am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Don't mind them

I won't be surprise if you two are the same people

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bozz007(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2018
TheCar:

I am confused and lost

internet never forgets grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2018
timilehing:
On this issue of e hailing profitability
Sincerely, no business is as profitable as it was before but whatever the case, we still all depend on it for a living. Car owners here are saying a guy shouldn't quit a 180k job for Uber but the same car owners will not give out their car below 35k/week (140k/month) how much will the driver earn weekly? 5k? Drivers will prefer the old ways of driving Madam upandan Lagos (min driver pay is 45k/month).
Every business has its own way, while some are backing out, others are joining. It's all about your "approach & survival plan"
HP rate in Lagos was 100k/monthly (& still is for dealers without uber knowledge) but here, the minimum you can get is 200k/month with crazy fee. Why? Because we both know there's money in the biz.

Scaring people away from a particular business to prevent saturation doesn't work please!!!

Nobody is scaring anybody, just being realistic here bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Nobody is scaring anybody, just being realistic here bro.

I think you should quit uber bro ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sola12(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

slut or slot? Did you insert into the slot?

Did you Go for driver training? How did you Get Driving? Do you know how to use a phone?

Anyway I was furious while typing ....bt i meant slut. Why dont u jst put me thru cos i have nt experienced this before.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2018
Megadrop:
Bros, I wonder where you get some of the facts you present on this thread atimes. It cud be misleading u know. For the fact tht ur driver hs bn remitting constantly for 4months doesnt mean he makes 400k net! Net is the earning after all deductions hv bn taken from gross earning. Invariably, u are saying tht monthly earning will be like 500-600k bringing it to 400k after statutory deductns hv bn made. This is laughable.

Hv u taken time to know hw mch car owners tht drive on uber/Taxify make as gross monthly. You dont stay in Nigeria I believe neither do you drive on uber here so where did you get ur fact from. Bros, u practically do not hv first hand information abt this business. Forget abt what some drivers come here to display to you. Drive to experience it.

Abnitio before the influx of so many drivers and cars including dead ones being churned out by greedy partners as a result of misleading facts like this i cud say its possible. Someone reading this thread for the first time with this fact you jst gave will think Uber business is heaven on earth and thts why some people after reading this will start thinking of resigning their paying jobs for uber jst because of all this misleading and unverified facts. Well, am nt disputing the fact tht there is money in ehailing biz.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2018
thecar is a demeanor cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2018
sola12:

Anyway I was furious while typing ....bt i meant slut. Why dont u jst put me thru cos i have nt experienced this before.

You need to learn to explore your phone a bit.

These pics will guide you.

The rest will come from you.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2018
Hope you not part of the lazy Nig yoots grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2018
dru23:

I won't be surprise if you two are the same people
You think everybody is like you that troll up and down?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2018
dru23:

I think you should quit uber bro ...
I don't know how you reason, people relate their experience here the other time you started talking about loan and all that. Who asked you? Or you just feel like talking? People can't say their mind again in peace? Somebody came here to seek for opinions on a public forum like this which he got and you are here making noise up and down. You can't force everyone here to reason like you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: herkeem, Shegzdave, Johnchrix(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.