Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855086 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Is it necessary or recommended to request wheelchair service for the return leg of the journey for mother and the baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Beryl15: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
teefex:
Travelstart is the most unreliable ticketing agency I have seen and I think theysue your ticket within 1 hour.got a mail from them around 7.15 that my payment has been confirmed and my ticket will be issued.got another mail around 10.20 pm that I have to pay extra N102366 that at the time of issuing that it was more.

ays. I called about 2pm today
My advice nobody should use travelstart,no good customer relation and I think they are fraud.
Sorry dear. Your best bet is to send an email and copy their top ogas in SA (had to dig it out from LinkedIn) if not its gonna take forever, that's how I got my money back one time and I doubt if you'll get a full refund.
Would check if I can dig up that email.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
favoredgal:

204 is really cheap sha Ask for a refund nah

What are they saying?
dint I read here that someone bought lagos to New York for 161k on that same day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
twingirls:

I tire o, I'm trying travelex 2morrow, am so dreading the black market. Will still tell dem to find out Wether they still av at d idejo branch.
Tanks so much! You never rest? U strong o, how's d weather?

I tire o! Sleep no gree come. Weather is ok, come with a sweater
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
happy new months guys...,may the new month usher in unlimited good news to our various households.
guys i beg i need help o...i am scheduled to go back to Nigeria next week...yay....but my LO is only entitled to 10kg as regards luggage (klm), my question is not hard, what does a 10kg luggage look like...don't want unnecessary issues at check in because its just me and baby....thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Beryl15:

Sorry dear. Your best bet is to send an email and copy their top ogas in SA (had to dig it out from LinkedIn) if not its gonna take forever, that's how I got my money back one time and I doubt if you'll get a full refund.

Haaa,so I might not get full refund?these people are just something else, don't even know what to say.pls won't mind the email address and is it different from the info@travelstart.com? . Thanks and God bless u. These people want to make me unhappy,God pass them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
favoredgal:

I just got in, will take like weeks before I even start that Saka

But psi responded by email that shopping diaper is 25 dolls that's 7500, a No No for me

Thank God for Journey mercy, u don't need to mention what you are shipping,(for the other shipping coy) just make d address ur delivery address, they will send u email each time an Item is received on ur behalf, when u r ready, inform them and they will pack and ship to Naija. Tkia of u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
deeore:
happy new months guys...,may the new month usher in unlimited good news to our various households.
guys i beg i need help o...i am scheduled to go back to Nigeria next week...yay....but my LO is only entitled to 10kg as regards luggage (klm), my question is not hard, what does a 10kg luggage look like...don't want unnecessary issues at check in because its just me and baby....thanks in anticipation of your response

Look like? Haba!!! Pure water and a loaf of bread look like the same dimension but they don't have the same weight

You need to buy or borrow a luggage scale

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
ayanuke:

Thank God for Journey mercy, u don't need to mention what you are shipping,(for the other shipping coy) just make d address ur delivery address, they will send u email each time an Item is received on ur behalf, when u r ready, inform them and they will pack and ship to Naija. Tkia of u.

Thanks that means I can use them when I'm back to Naija

Will explore
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
deeore:

Hand luggage

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
deeore:
try to weigh the bag before leaving home o,to avoid stories that touch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
doctors in the USA don't induce until after 40 weeks unless it's high risk pregnancy/multiples,but am thinking for you to want to go for CS upfront maybe she has done it before.

Thanks for the response. Yes , we had our daughter tru CS. Fear catch me wen she said we can schedule the CS for a week bfor the scan EDD. Appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
deeore:

.but my LO is only entitled to 10kg as regards luggage (klm), [b]my question is not hard, [/b]what does a 10kg luggage look like..thanks in anticipation of your response
If I hear say this your jamb question no hard eh. If you have a scale, weigh whatever bag you want to check in for baby so it will be weighing 10kg. You can use any type of bag as far as it's not more than 10kg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
tanx for the reply @teefex @dere5 @favoredgal....i guess i did not put out the question in the right manner, wanted to ask what i could pack my stuff in to get a 10kg luggage....am still not making sense, but @teefex gets what i mean...d hand luggage answer has given me an insight....thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
lol...e no hard na...but thanks i get it now...
ozycy:

If I hear say this your jamb question no hard eh. If you have a scale, weigh whatever bag you want to check in for baby so it will be weighing 10kg. You can use any type of bag as far as it's not more than 10kg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=LI post=40589190]I'll let the people who gave birth in Missouri give specific guidance. But generally speaking, as long as you're very well prepared, a month is more than enough to get all your baby's documents.
We decided for wifey to stay back a month after giving birth. After we got all our documents in less than 2 weeks, iyawo became homesick.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
bmanbaba:
Thank so much for the reply. I later called Delta as adviced and the price they gave me no smile at all. N445k compared to the 270k on wakanow. Thinking I will go with wakanow but will need to do some calculation so that we don't need change travel dates,will only be left with adding baby's ticket which can not be up to the 175k difference. Thinking of booking the return leg to be exactly a month after expected delivery date. We are thinking of c-section, so my life believes we can actually determine date of delivery. [b]Please kindly advice, will a month be enough to process all baby's document in Missouri ? [/b]secondly, pls is it true that we can choose the delivery date? Abeg help me o, before I go enter one chance
Yeah 1month should do if you are very fast about it...birth cert takes abt 2days after discharge (u must be very emphatic at the hospital about needing the bc asap...let the person doing the paper work know u'll be travelling soon,that would make them submit on time)...there is no passport agency in Missouri so u have to use a post office and expedite...this takes abt 2weeks give or take few days...in all 4 weeks will do if u are sharp abt it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by frendly99: 12:50am On Dec 02, 2015
oyin3:
Please, help me understand. what is the current exchange rate?, I can't seem to figure out the rate from the alerts I get, using the pos or atm (plus bank charges), i am half the time pressing calculator and always end up more confused...! I use both Gtb and Stanbic debit cards.

I used my gt card via PayPal dis nite and it was 220.333...lets just say 220naira.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 12:55am On Dec 02, 2015
favoredgal:

I used all of them and my personal favorite was the one from sam's club. Right choice or something like that, green pack

Cc:@missusadey
MODIFY: I WAS ON ABOUT WIPES. FOR DIAPERS HUGGIES IS A WINNER, never tried any other

So true the diaper from Sam's club (member's mark) is better n more economical, its the stores brand its 252 counts for size 1n2 @$36 also their wipe its 1000 counts for $17.
Note you will need a member Sam's club card.

Hope this helps grin wink

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:27am On Dec 02, 2015
Adebuble:

So true the diaper from Sam's club (member's mark) is better n more economical, its the stores brand its 252 counts for size 1n2 @$36 also their wipe its 1000 counts for $17.
Note you will need a member Sam's club card.

Hope this helps grin wink

Well for new norms, they poop with every feed and get changed very often so I'm sure it will do

Will try it

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 1:55am On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Bisoye82 post=40586899]

Most doctors in the USA don't induce until after 40 weeks unless it's high risk pregnancy/multiples,but am thinking for you to want to go for CS upfront maybe she has done it before,then it's usually proffered as from 38 weeks in order for baby's lungs to have matured and avoid going to NICU.In terms of passport,it depends on when the hospital starts to process the birth certificate and SSN after giving birth,also whether there is a U.S passport office in Missouri or if you plan to pay for expedite services(usually 10-14days),then naija visa(process for this is on this forum) about 1 week or less,there's also option of passport in NY,Atlanta,and Washington.in conclusion I will suggest 6 weeks after birth for all documents even postpartum check up sef. Good luck [/quote

Please make sure you confirm from your hospital well, I was induced at 37 weeks because my preg was high risk. My hosp emphatically refused to do elective CS saying there was no medical reason to at the time. Was in labour for a long time and still delivered vaginally.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 4:11am On Dec 02, 2015
favoredgal:

But they are shopping one diaper for $30 according to their website

Oh really? it's usually $4 per pond but I know they prepare people shipping stuff more than $40 so they can cover cost I guess. When i was shipping i don't just ship only one box of diaper because it dose not make sense to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aye88: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Mamatukwas:
Morning Ladies! (And gentlemen wink)

After a lot of consideration and family talk iv decided im going to Maryland for my 2nd missionary journey (March 2016 Mum).

I know the place is expensive but Im really trusting God that I will find a surprisingly affordable option. So... I'm looking for a partner who is going around the same time so we can work together. No be only Nef and Modath waka come tongue They be making us feel jealous tinz grin

Seriously though if there's any1 that has made up their mind to go to Maryland early next year, let's research together and prove that where there is a will there's a way.
Also, if u recently went please share your experience.... Not much on that zone this year on the thread. Thanks people and happy new month. Better is the end of a thing than its beginning so get ready for a mind blowing harvest this December. Muah!!!

Maryland is expensive. The problem is they won't even be able to give you a quote until you give birth and they don't give more than 2-3 percent discount. I've been to maryland severally, I stayed in maryland when I went to give birth. It was this price quote and research that led me to virginia which happen to be cheaper than maryland. Eventually had my baby at virginia. I remember I've shared that detail here already: doctor and hospital bill. It was close to where I stayed in maryland, about 30mins drive. I'm not going to rule out ur possiblilty of gettin a good deal in maryland but I doubt it. Apart ffrom PG hospital maryland, most if not all other hospitals in maryland have price quote for vaginal delivery starting from 7k - 10k. dollars. So all the best, and pls don't forget to share if you get anything cheaper.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:45am On Dec 02, 2015
bbiz:

Oh really? it's usually $4 per pond but I know they prepare people shipping stuff more than $40 so they can cover cost I guess. When i was shipping i don't just ship only one box of diaper because it dose not make sense to me.

I don't think anyone plans to ship one box of diaper and they know it

It's just one of thE common things people ship and they've decided to take advantage of that

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 9:03am On Dec 02, 2015
Thank so much for the reply. I later called Delta as adviced and the price they gave me no smile at all. N445k compared to the 270k on wakanow. Thinking I will go with wakanow but will need to do some calculation so that we don't need change travel dates,will only be left with adding baby's ticket which can not be up to the 175k difference. Thinking of booking the return leg to be exactly a month after expected delivery date. We are thinking of c-section

Na wa o. Before I was able to decide , price don go up. Now N345k. I guess I will still have to wait a bit to c if I can get a better deal. Abeg, kindly alert the house is u get any better deal. Destination is missouri , planning to travel late January or latest 3rd Feb., 2016. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2015
aye88:

Maryland is expensive. The problem is they won't even be able to give you a quote until you give birth and they don't give more than 2-3 percent discount.

My dear I know oh. Didn't come to the decision lightly coz all my initial research confirms why you said. But Iv realize that man proposes but na God get d final say.
The 1st time I went in Atl, was given a max possible bill of 4k for hospital but ended up paying 9k plus for only me oh! Minus doctor, epi etc. The only jara was that I was given bp meds and spent 3 days instead of 2. It was still vaginal delivery. And the bill sef na untop beg. They initially billed me 16k plus!

My point being one can make plans but if God doesn't make d way straight OYO shall be your case. Since from all under indicators Maryland ticks the bill, il spend time on my knees and leave the final bill to God. Il def share how it goes thou.

Thanks again.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
Mamatukwas:

My dear I know oh. Didn't come to the decision lightly coz all my initial research confirms why you said. But Iv realize that man proposes but na God get d final say.
The 1st time I went in Atl, was given a max possible bill of 4k for hospital but ended up paying 9k plus for only me oh! Minus doctor, epi etc. The only jara was that I was given bp meds and spent 3 days instead of 2. It was still vaginal delivery. And the bill sef na untop beg. They initially billed me 16k plus!

My point being one can make plans but if God doesn't make d way straight OYO shall be your case. Since from all under indicators Maryland ticks the bill, il spend time on my knees and leave the final bill to God. Il def share how it goes thou.

Thanks again.

Why not use the hospital in Virginia ( Innova Alexandria) not too sure about the spelling!! Like she said it is not that far away from MD and u get to go there on delivery , u might be lucky too if d OBGYN office is in Maryland. With this dollar rate o one have to be extra careful o hmmm!! Anyways am looking forward to ur future post(s) !!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
neks31:

Why not use the hospital in Virginia ( Innova Alexandria) not too sure about the spelling!! Like she said it is not that far away from MD and u get to go there on delivery , u might be lucky too if d OBGYN office is in Maryland. With this dollar rate o one have to be extra careful o hmmm!! Anyways am looking forward to ur future post(s) !!

Will check the distance and KIV. Don't worry u go hear every.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Beryl15:

@bery15
Thanks for the response yesterday sent u a PM as a reminder to the email address of the travelstart bosses in SA. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello fam, with all the advice regarding my Chicago moves I've ported to Houston ooh, the voice of men can be the voice of God.
Flew lufthansa with Dh and toddler. Trip was okay and when we got to IAH the line was long but moved fast.
CPB: purpose of visit
DH: vacation and childbirth
CPB: who's vacating and who's giving birth(smiles) what's ur son's name?
ME:! ##;#
CPB: cool name. calls my son's name(na there the gbege start)
SON: legooo
CPB: You ain't going anywhere until I say so
SON: legooo now!
CPB: i think he wants to leave this place fast lol. So how much do you have?
DH: xyz
CPB: OK place your fingers here, you too ma'am
Stamps hubby and son 6months then turned to me and said I'd refer you to another official to check out your correspondence okay? Turns to son and said now you may go.
Na so I go wait for ages only to be asked one minute question and stamped in till may.
Saw some naija non preggos that were going to be deported. Couldn't type yesterday I was just very tired.
Chilling with one of best flat mate ever and she's part of this group sef. My story wouldn't be complete without thanking all of u most expecially the very sweet @ozycy
Long talk make una no vex.
Okwa ya nu oooo

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congratulations, i am so happy for you. please which hospital did you use?

ibiba:
Thank God for a smooth POE in Atlanta. Travelling at 36 weeks ehnnn... my pelvis wan break. ..lol... but I didn't spend up to 2mins... as soon as the black woman see my Belle, she answer me sharp sharp. My biggest happiness na say I no born for plane... lol... shame for catch me well...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitybranch201(f): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hi everyone.
Please o, I will be spending like 3 months in my birthing destination. Please what is a good number of nights or weeks to book for accomodation that will make sense for POE?
Also, for those that stayed in Intown suites Elpaso, did you pay before getting there?
Thanks for your usual kind responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76