Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852211 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
biollar1:
Just called her now, said her name is Ojuolape. she sounded very convincing and also said she works from home too, said she can also be visited in her Egbeda house.

My advice is investigate properly before sending any money to her. Send peeps to her house, ask if she truly stay there and her person in general.

I also gave her my date to check(u never can tell...make dis awoof no purge belle)

All the best.

@omodadi please how well do u know this lady?

She won't run with your money dear, her ticket is cheap because she's not paying office rent, staff, etc. The airline's pay her come ein on tickets booked and she doesn't add anything to the discounted fares given to their agents.
As I said, av not see her b4, infact am in the North, while she's in Lagos, and she has booked ticket for several ppl I refered to her cos I also used to book tickets b4 so I have some clients who I refer to her as I don't have time anymore.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by beautyx5: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

She sha hepped me when I dey search for PTA.
Oya Abefeokin be guided! cheesy cease and desist for sarcasm and Show everybody the love u showed me .

@modath thank ye o! Humour dey neccessary to avoid kiri kiri depression o.
@FTM thank you. When are u changing your name to secondtimemum abi 2TM grin

Hi Lady G,

Please did you actually get PTA from the Unity bank on Adetokunbo Ademola? Can you help me with what was required asides a travel ticket and passport? Like do I need to have an account or pay in cash?

Also, what branch of stanbic did you go to that was selling?

God bless you as you respond.

Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by beautyx5: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
emeriem:
Hello house, i have been following for sometime now but never participated in anything.
I renewed my visa through a dropbox late last year. I'm getting ready for my journey and seriously need some advice.

I'm 34 weeks gone, intend to travel by February 28/29th. My EDD is March ending.
My problem is that i'm on a very low budget . My Hubby is currently unemployed so i'm on this alone. I intend traveling with my 4 year old daughter and all i have at hand now is 2.5m. I will deliver via CS or VBAC(if possible)
1.I need advice on how to get a cheaper ticket for both of us by tomorrow.
2.The cheapest doctor i can get in Houston.
3.Cheapest accommodation i can get in Houston.
4.Can i get someone to share accommodation with me?
5.If i open account with IBTC tomorrow, will it be possible to get PTA from them before i leave?
6.I dont want to stay too long after birth since i dont have the fund. How many weeks should i give after delivery?
7. What airline can i use at 36/37 weeks?

I need your help my dear people, i'm so exhausted right now, i have been working day and night to raise cash.

Hi Dear,

I quite understand you dilemma at the moment but would like you to consider a few things.

1. Your budget is 2.5M which is supposed to cover
a. Hospital Fees
b. accomodation
c. Feeding
d. Flight tickets
e. Contigencies
f. Some shopping perharps

Based on the above, Birthing in Houston via CS will be costing you between 7k - 10k depending on the hospital. (2.17M to 3.1M @310/dollar)

Ticket alone will me costing between 250k - 320k depending on the flight you choose

Accommodation - depending on what you can get, 900 - 1500 dollars for 1Month (279k - 465k @310/dollar)

Feeding could cost 50-100 dollars weekly

And I am all for taking your daughter with you especially if there is noone that can really care for her. Taking care of a toddler needs diligence and willingness. Please if you are not 100% guaranteed that you can leave her behind with her dad or anyone else, then dont. I have friends with experiences that are not too good. And it is not an indictment on daddy in any way.

However, valid points have been raised again about her upkeep with you. Who will take care of her during your delivery and recovery?

My point is, based on the above, Your budget may not be able to cover the cost for houston.

I was going to suggest elpaso, but you will also be cutting it really close and travelling abroad requires you to have some form of contingencies even if we trust God and have faith that all works out well. Please, you may need to get an extra say 1M to help boost what you have or wait this one out considering how far gone it seems you are. There are other payments for birth certs, visas, passports and all that are not even included in the budget yet.

Another option would be to get PTA @the official rate. But you are entitled to only 4k. So you may still need to buy black market.

I may be wrong though and you actually have this all properly worked out and figured out which I am hoping is the case. But I thought I should just raise my concerns.

Cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Goldribbonz:
@Justwise, I suggest u caution(min of 3 warnings)ppl like Abefeokin, who only mk fun of people when they ask questions. I am fairly new here n that's all I know her for. If u don't have a helpful response why not just keep mute or ignore, must u type. Imagine if everyone here towed her path, wot this thread will b like........

Goldribbonz u actually took it personal? Oya no vex

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Goldribbonz:
Good day Lovely Ladies,
Am a newbie and dis is my first post here. Am due in August and intend to apply for Visa this month as I understand fully well d steps I need to take from what I have learnt here so far. I have read and assimilated most posts from Parts 1 to 3. I plan to travel to Maryland cos I have family there but seems all hospital there is top notch expensive expect for one which Robert26(pls pm me if u read this) said it's in Virginia tho like more than 1hr drive to get to the hospital. Want to open discussions with them now cos i need their bills and correspondence for my interview.
My question is how do I get a Dr n Pead willing to use d same hospital. I also would appreciate suggestion on other hospitals more affordable.

Goldribbonz, u claimed to have read and assimilate part 1-3 yet u came back asking how to get Dr's correspondence! I was in ur shoe last 2weeks; I pm some pple, only one person replied(not mentioning), some were sarcastic and some did not reply. I wouldn't use it against them. Most pple here are pregnant and nursing moms. Well I'm proud to tell u that after the secret bashing I got from pple, I was able to DIM(do it mysef)so i'll advice u to PLS read and assimilate well like u re going for an exam o....besides, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. So my dear Goldribbonz don't take it personal cos we mite just be neighbours grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jossy404: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Abeg make una no vex. Wetin be baby budget wey una dey carry follow go Visa interview. Is it a document prepared by you or it is collected somewhere. Please I need enlightenment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
beautyx5:

Hi Dear,

I quite understand you dilemma at the moment but would like you to consider a few things.

1. Your budget is 2.5M which is supposed to cover
a. Hospital Fees
b. accomodation
c. Feeding
d. Flight tickets
e. Contigencies
f. Some shopping perharps

Based on the above, Birthing in Houston via CS will be costing you between 7k - 10k depending on the hospital. (2.17M to 3.1M @310/dollar)

Ticket alone will me costing between 250k - 320k depending on the flight you choose

Accommodation - depending on what you can get, 900 - 1500 dollars for 1Month (279k - 465k @310/dollar)

Feeding could cost 50-100 dollars weekly

And I am all for taking your daughter with you especially if there is noone that can really care for her. Taking care of a toddler needs diligence and willingness. Please if you are not 100% guaranteed that you can leave her behind with her dad or anyone else, then dont. I have friends with experiences that are not too good. And it is not an indictment on daddy in any way.

However, valid points have been raised again about her upkeep with you. Who will take care of her during your delivery and recovery?

My point is, based on the above, Your budget may not be able to cover the cost for houston.

I was going to suggest elpaso, but you will also be cutting it really close and travelling abroad requires you to have some form of contingencies even if we trust God and have faith that all works out well. Please, you may need to get an extra say 1M to help boost what you have or wait this one out considering how far gone it seems you are. There are other payments for birth certs, visas, passports and all that are not even included in the budget yet.

Another option would be to get PTA @the official rate. But you are entitled to only 4k. So you may still need to buy black market.

I may be wrong though and you actually have this all properly worked out and figured out which I am hoping is the case. But I thought I should just raise my concerns.

Cheers

Beautyx5 dollar is now 318! kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
jossy404:
Abeg make una no vex. Wetin be baby budget wey una dey carry follow go Visa interview. Is it a document prepared by you or it is collected somewhere. Please I need enlightenment

I no vex, na your own budget gan gan as in the money wey u plan to spend during your trip to the states. Use d search button and type budget sheet, u'll see samples. Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
beautyx5:

Hi Lady G,

Please did you actually get PTA from the Unity bank on Adetokunbo Ademola? Can you help me with what was required asides a travel ticket and passport? Like do I need to have an account or pay in cash?

Cheers!

Beautyx5, she got from Stanbic HQ in lagos @210.1 and yes u need to have an account with them and if the name on your passport is not same as it appears on ur account info, take ur marriage cert along. Cash/no cash u can fund it when they are ready to give.

@LadyG, how am I doing? grin thank God for your safe trip. Ciao!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Steph07: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
To God be the glory. I av bin following dis forum for sumtime now. I thank God for making my interview on Tuesday morning a smooth and successful one. Wasn't asked much questions. I was able to answer them with the necessary documents as backup. I ended up getting a congratulations alongside my white paper.
This forum has indeed been helpful to people like me. I appreciate the likes of christyline n phema for her budget sheet. Thank u all.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=Steph07 post=42830776]To God be the glory. I av bin following dis forum for sumtime now. I thank God for making my interview on Tuesday morning a smooth and successful one. Wasn't asked much questions. I was able to answer them with the necessary documents as backup. I ended up getting a congratulations alongside my white paper.

Kindly share ur transcript in the spirit of giving back.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Please for mothers who used West Houston Medical Center, pls what accommodation do you best recommend. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajokeadegold: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
jacklenst:

Pls send me email on jacklens336 @yahoo.com
I need info on accommodation.
Tnx.

Ajokeadegold: Hello. Hope my mail meets you well. I have just sent you a reminder email to request for information on Houston affordable accommodation you referred to beneath. Thanks a lot in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
zoemummy:
Hello house! Join me in thanking God for a safe delivery. Had my baby at West Houston Medical Center on 30th November and every night since then, I remember firsty's post, 'The vigilante is real' grin grin grin...especially if you are here alone and had to have a csection.

In all, I'm grateful to God for swift recovery and strength.

Phase 2; baby documentation, commences next week. Can't wait to get back home cry cheesy...

BTW, is there any one supplementing their baby's feed with formula milk? If yes, do you plan to buy some to Nigeria? Kindly advise.

Congrats and am sure you and baby are doing well. please what accommodation do you recommend for WHMC? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Its another Friday tomorrow...the CBN MIGHT sell the usual 100k meant for PTA/BTA to banks as directed by the governor.

My people here is the catch...all banks will get this 100k, however while most of you are busy queuing for FBN, UBA, Stanbic, GTB etc....You forget Sterling, Skye, Unity, Wema...my point is, this smaller banks donot have the queues for FX as much as the big banks have...authoritatively I know 1 of the 4 big banks i mentioned above having close to 800k in PTA demand unmet/outstanding so why join the queue...please spread your net and be close to your friends in the smaller banks and hope for some good news.

Meanwhile shoutout to the silent readers that take infos here and run ahead of the regular mamas...I think say na rumour b4 but i dun dey see am now cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mymy2015: 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thanks house @feddy27 @favoredgal and everyone. I have called Yolanda thanks a zillion. This people wan gimme heart attack before. She says its $850 and will send receipt and zero balance after payment

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
Onlineise:
Its another Friday tomorrow...the CBN MIGHT sell the usual 100k meant for PTA/BTA to banks as directed by the governor.

My people here is the catch...all banks will get this 100k, however while most of you are busy queuing for FBN, UBA, Stanbic, GTB etc....You forget Sterling, Skye, Unity, Wema...my point is, this smaller banks donot have the queues for FX as much as the big banks have...authoritatively I know 1 of the 4 big banks i mentioned above having close to 800k in PTA demand unmet/outstanding so why join the queue...
I think those are the ones actively selling to the Alhaji's through the back door.
Union confidently maintains that it's only staff that can buy PTA I wonder why they aren't doing business only with their families too (only in Nigeria) and CBN is looking the other way.
GTB won't sell because they want you to use your card and charge black market rate.
Ha Stanbic what a life saver, professionalism and good ethics all the way.God will bless them mightily and have decided to move all my accounts there. smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vamum: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

She sha hepped me when I dey search for PTA.
Oya Abefeokin be guided! cheesy cease and desist for sarcasm and Show everybody the love u showed me .

@modath thank ye o! Humour dey neccessary to avoid kiri kiri depression o.
@FTM thank you. When are u changing your name to secondtimemum abi 2TM grin

Very unrelated but I had to chip this in.

Wow, Wow and Wow is all i can say to this comment. LadyG, don't know you from Adam but you have a heart of gold. Very patient and helpful. I wish every woman including myself could be as peace loving and patient as you. Its so sad that some people act like they will get an award for sarcasm, it was starting to feel like there was a competition for the best sarcastic comment.

God Bless you, God Bless you and God Bless you. Even as you love peace, Your delivery will be peaceful. You will meet with kind hearted men and women in this land that will favor you. Keep on being you and I know God almighty will surprise you this month. Wont mind connecting with you, I'm in the DMV area not sure what state you are headed to. (Pls o! I am a female in case your oga is reading grin grin grin grin)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
I am almost certain doctoresparati will oblige you if you request for their bank details for wire transfer. People have also mentioned some doctors and hospitals that were paid upfront.

quote author=danowena post=42805744]
But the challenge is to get a doctor/hospital that will take direct transfer via Form A. Please do share if u know any.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
From A transactions are debited to your nails account not disciplinary, so please ask your bankers.

Babe, seriously 28th is too far o cos you might have issue with airline except you want to lie about your EDD. Will look at the tickets. Sorry I forgot my tab at home and went to work so am just seeing your response

quote author=emeriem post=42811159]

I'm so grateful you all can help me, feeling blessed honestly. I have decided to use Dr. E of Oakbend. I will live anytime from 25th to 28th of Feb and return 7 weeks after --- by 25th of April.
Does Dr E accept direct bank transfer? Must I have a dom account to be able to do form A? I only have dom account with Zenith and UBA , i dont know if these banks do form A and at what rate
God bless you @Happytbaby[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyin3: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/vamum
Out of the mouth of two....
I am usually on the look out for LadyG's post/response to questions or matters arising, She one awesome person, and almost always on point. She has my love and utmost respect.
LadyG, more grease to your elbow, carry on ojare! wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Egbami! See this autocorrect nonsense dragging my tablet with me as if say no be my money I take buy am! I meant 'debited to your naira account not domicilliary'

happytbaby:
From A transactions are debited to your nails account not disciplinary, so please ask your bankers.

Babe, seriously 28th is too far o cos you might have issue with airline except you want to lie about your EDD. Will look at the tickets. Sorry I forgot my tab at home and went to work so am just seeing your response

quote author=emeriem post=42811159]

I'm so grateful you all can help me, feeling blessed honestly. I have decided to use Dr. E of Oakbend. I will live anytime from 25th to 28th of Feb and return 7 weeks after --- by 25th of April.
Does Dr E accept direct bank transfer? Must I have a dom account to be able to do form A? I only have dom account with Zenith and UBA , i dont know if these banks do form A and at what rate
God bless you @Happytbaby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2016

Cheers
[/quote]

You forgot to add baby's return ticket.I had a cs section in Houston. Spent 4200 in the hospital, 3185 for doctor inclusive of test,283 for ped,1200 epidural and abut 110 for pathology....so you need average of 9000$ for cs. Elpaso serms your best bet,but then have you considered flight to elpaso is more expensive than to Houston.

But another thing is to structure your payment.people have done it before,just have a repayment plan and after with your hospital or doctor....they are flexible. Then get a zero balance afterwards.consider the cost of a minder if you go with ur daughter,I went with mine too and go with lots of good stuff to reduce ur feeding cost.uber might be a good option for transport and pack New born clothes to save cost on those things.

I wish you the very best and a safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Emeriem,

I agree with Vcole about Doctoresparati , it may be more cost effective. Staying at a place like In town suites with a community of Nigerian mothers has its advantages. I went to Mihs for my first missionary journey and I cannot overemphasize the support from the mothers from little things to big issues. I had a complicated delivery and people were there for me.

I suppose Oakbend too will have an hotel where other mothers are concentrated, kindly hook up with people here so that you can have support. You will be able to get someone to take care of your daughter during delivery, people to share costs like fanfare with, a bag of okro from African market.....etc

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Quite true! Several good heads are better than one. You can structure your payment. I totally forgot that.

quote author=Tiwalope post=42838115]

Cheers

You forgot to add baby's return ticket.I had a cs section in Houston. Spent 4200 in the hospital, 3185 for doctor inclusive of test,283 for ped,1200 epidural and abut 110 for pathology....so you need average of 9000$ for cs. Elpaso serms your best bet,but then have you considered flight to elpaso is more expensive than to Houston.

But another thing is to structure your payment.people have done it before,just have a repayment plan and after with your hospital or doctor....they are flexible. Then get a zero balance afterwards.consider the cost of a minder if you go with ur daughter,I went with mine too and go with lots of good stuff to reduce ur feeding cost.uber might be a good option for transport and pack New born clothes to save cost on those things.

I wish you the very best and a safe delivery.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
sadiaalmas:

Congrats and am sure you and baby are doing well. please what accommodation do you recommend for WHMC? Thanks

Pampered stay,soul care.....she didn't stay in any of these though.she has friends and family in Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
I CONCUR!

oyin3:
https://www.nairaland.com/vamum
Out of the mouth of two....
I am usually on the look out for LadyG's post/response to questions or matters arising, She one awesome person, and almost always on point. She has my love and utmost respect.
LadyG, more grease to your elbow, carry on ojare! wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
mymy2015:
Thanks house @feddy27 @favoredgal and everyone. I have called Yolanda thanks a zillion. This people wan gimme heart attack before. She says its $850 and will send receipt and zero balance after payment

I'm happy for you dear! Love to your baby!

*See the benefit of first hand information grin*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
sadiaalmas:

Search for accommodations in the Westchase area e.g. Richmond avenue, S Kirkwood drive, Westpark drive etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamasama: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
emeriem:

Please where did you see this and how do i buy it?

Got the mail in my inbox on Monday

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeriem: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thanks so much my dear family. I appreciate everyone of you. I called Delta and was able to book ticket @ 346k for both me and my kid. Im so happy with the rate. I'm so grateful to everyone that is concerned, this is a great forum honestly.
What is left is to make up my mind on hospital and accommodation. Someone please help me with an El paso doctors contact .
I also need help on accommodation

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
beautyx5:

Hi Lady G,

Cheers!
Stanbic. Yes I got from head office at walter carrington.unity was giving but d delay vex me. Unity s rate is better though. For both ticket and visa shikena with bvn and marriage docx in case of diverse names

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.