|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,863,106 members, 3,736,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 08:45 AM
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beautifulswan: 7:40am On Jan 03|
Please house, for the a Point based system dependant visa(spouse) must the bank statement for proof of funds for maintenance be mine? Or I could use my husband's bank statement since he's the main applicant.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 10:48am On Jan 03|
I would like to confirm if it's okay to book a hotel that says "No deposit will be charged"?
I want to know, if not I may persuade them to charge my card for one night as to avoid being declined during visa processing.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Jan 03|
Sure you can definitely use his bank statement because he is your sponsor
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Jan 03|
Go for that if that is the hotel's policy
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 11:13am On Jan 03|
@Justwise, thank you. I look forward to asking more questions before the submission date.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 11:20am On Jan 03|
Some hotels delete the booking if not paid after some period of time.
This can cause problems if an official checks at visa office or point of entry.
Make sure that you understand and follow the hotel policy.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 6:01pm On Jan 03|
@Worry357 Thanks for your input
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:21pm On Jan 03|
donkarly:Any. No difference.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:23pm On Jan 03|
No deposit will be charged does not mean they "might" not check your card to see if it's valid/has enough funds.
Please use a card with some funds to book.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bluepresidents: 7:58pm On Jan 03|
Hello good people
Please I need guidance from people well experienced with the following issues
1.I have almost finished my online UK visa application and I am yet to see any place where documents can be attached or added.Does it mean documents are only submitted when u go for appointment at UK visa centre?
2.l learnt that documents submitted at visa centres must be original.However,my sister who is going to provide accommodation for me during my stay in UK is only going to scan and email her supporting documents to me.is this going to be a problem?
3.while filling my online visa application form in the column for income and expenditure,a question is asked"do u have savings,properties or other income for example from stocks and shares".when I click YES it then ask "total monthly income from"
-savings and investments
-properties and rents
-stocks and shares
-public funds or benefits
-other sources including friends and families
Please am confused on whether to click YES or No to the question that ask if I have savings ,properties or other income because the only thing I have is my monthly salary,moreso,there is an earlier column that have already asked me if am employed and my monthly salary which I have already answered to the affirmative.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 9:06pm On Jan 03|
pls I just wanna ask for a friend, he's applying for UK visa but he WS denied USA visa some 7month ago, pls should he click 'yes' to the question of 'have U been refused a visa before'? pls @justwise
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 9:39pm On Jan 03|
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 9:40pm On Jan 03|
[quote author=segzy0 post=52504812][/quote]
@ifyalways Thanks, that's noted.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rollybaby(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04|
@justwise @greene @worry etc pls come to my aid. I have a 6 months UK visit visa that will be expiring by April this year. I will like to know if its possible to apply for a work permit from Nigeria, travel this january and come back few days before my visa expires. I visited last year November for about a week plus.
Note: I really wanna leave Nigeria.
Also I HV a legal online business I am running which I think I can operate from there to mk small money for myself.
Pls ur advise is needed.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 1:38pm On Jan 04|
There is no such thing as a "work permit"
You can visit as a tourist which forbids working.
As a student you can work 20hrs per week, but that requires a different visa.
To go to the UK. to work you must be employed by a UK firm in a skilled position. They will then sponsor a visa for you.
Anything else is working as an illegal.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 11:35pm On Jan 04|
@justwise thank you for all you are doing on this thread
I was refused a visiting visa in November 2016 as a result of irregular deposits in my account. I plan to re-apply first week of February. I read your suggestion on this thread that we should plan not to spend more the equivalent of 2 months salary or little above that on our planned trip. my question is this
1. Although am applying first week of February, am planning to travel 1st of April, will N350k as cost of trip be too much (my cousin who is inviting me is taking care of accommodation and feeding). the 350k is for ticket, transportation and miscellaneous.
2. in the form, what do I fill in the space for accommodation, feeding as my cousin is taking care of that
3. what is the difference between cost of trip and how much you have available for the trip? can it be the same amount
4. my salary is N100,070 after tax, I bake and decorate halls on weekends and holidays but it not every weekend and the amount is not specific, it can be as low as 30k or as high as 100k. so what do I fill in the space for total monthly income from all source.
5. I also, wanted to find out if I decide to register my business, will they accept it along side with my salaried job, seeing am working full-time but run the business on the side
6. if it's acceptable, and I decide to register it now, I learnt it's only tax receipt I can be given for the year not tax clearance. certificate. will they accept tax receipt
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bluepresidents: 7:32am On Jan 05|
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:57am On Jan 05|
All my cards have been declined. Foreign and local
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 6:08pm On Jan 05|
Pls I need your response. thank you
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jirol15: 12:15am On Jan 06|
Hello lovely people and happy new year.
I want to apply for a visiting visa to the UK with my daughter this month.I have lived there(legally) before and returned to Nigeria 6years ago but haven't visited since then cos I have been unemployed.My sister is a UK citizen and wants to invite me and my daughter to visit before my husband visits maybe next year.I am self employed as well as my husband.
My sister would be the one to sponsor the trip but not sure of what financial evidence I would have to present on my own part.
Please what are the requirements and documents to hold for the application.I have checked the website(gov.uk) for requirements but I just want to get information from someone who probably has had a similar case in order to get a clearer and better picture.
I hope to get a response soon.
Many thanks and God bless you all
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 5:14am On Jan 06|
Hello @Justwise and other gurus,
I notice my pay slip doesn't show tax deductions every month, can that be a problem when applying for a visa?
Thanks for your swift response as always
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:17am On Jan 06|
1. I think the new rule they introduced removed online uploading of documents, you take your documents to visa centre to be scanned.
2. You can go with that it will be accepted.
3. That question is simply, do you have savings or not? Property, shares etc
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jan 06|
Sorry I don't answer such question, ask your friend to do the right thing
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jan 06|
That is almost impossible
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Jan 06|
1. That will not be too much if you provide paper evidence to explain the additional income from your side business
2. There must be other options apart from hotel in that form, look for one related to family.
3. If the actual cost of the trip is 300 and you are traveling with 400 then 300 is the cost of the trip while 400 is what available for the trip. If things did not go as budgeted you still have some money to cover up.
4. Add up all your monthly income.
5. That will look desperate, you register a business just about when you about to apply for visa
6. No idea
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Jan 06|
You need to contact your bank or the card issuing authority
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Jan 06|
Since you run your own business you need to provide your business account and your personal account.
In terms on documents to submit..we have listed that here far too many times all you need to do is read few pages back.
Even the website you visited listed documents needed of you.
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Jan 06|
No idea, I don't know how Nigeria payslip look like but here in the UK payslips outline tax payment and every other reductions
|Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 4:13pm On Jan 07|
Thank you for your response.
1. if I add up all my income; some months salary + side business could be 150k while the next month could be 180k or 200k, so which amount do I fill on my form as monthly income.
2. I need further clarification on cost of trip and money available for trip. is it cost of trip + extra money at hand that makes up money available for trip or they are both separate amounts
Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172