Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529491 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 4:10pm On May 19, 2017
I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

ekpotek:

Sorry @saiprojects about the refusal. I am sure there is more to it than just her bank statement. Can you post and the refusal letter? There are gurus on this forum to help out on your next application. Never give up, if you really want your mother-in-law to visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 4:12pm On May 19, 2017
I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

justwise:

1. Yes individual applications

2. since she is not working then yes the same set of doc ..please read few pages back for list of docs expected from you

3. No you can't, has to be paid online

4. No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dbeebee: 8:14pm On May 19, 2017
Pls someone help..a friend filled the application form online but a little confused about submission method..the last time he filled he had an option of submission in person but this time ard he did not ve any other option apart from 'standard'. What does this mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 11:34am On May 20, 2017
Good day, please what are the supporting documents needed for a postgraduate student visiting the UK. Help needed ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mystiqueefua(f): 11:43am On May 20, 2017
Good day house. I've been following this thread for a while now. Please I have a question;

I applied for spousal visa(non-priority). I did my biometrics on the 24th of February. And my documents got to Sheffield on the 16th of March. This is the 12th week if I'm Counting from the date of biometrics. And I still haven't heard back from them. should i be panicking?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gg4real: 12:08pm On May 20, 2017
same with my cousin's app. submitted March 08, nothing yet

Mystiqueefua:
Good day house. I've been following this thread for a while now. Please I have a question;

I applied for spousal visa(non-priority). I did my biometrics on the 24th of February. And my documents got to Sheffield on the 16th of March. This is the 12th week if I'm Counting from the date of biometrics. And I still haven't heard back from them. should i be panicking?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:13pm On May 20, 2017
dbeebee:
Pls someone help..a friend filled the application form online but a little confused about submission method..the last time he filled he had an option of submission in person but this time ard he did not ve any other option apart from 'standard'. What does this mean?

Just follow the online prompts and submit your application. Then take all your supporting documents and passport to the TLS for scanning. All visitors visa are now classified as standard visitor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:17pm On May 20, 2017
amehrada:
Good day, please what are the supporting documents needed for a postgraduate student visiting the UK. Help needed ASAP

Please read back as this question have been answers several times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 12:34pm On May 20, 2017
Hello Ekpotek, please I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

ekpotek:

Please read back as this question have been answers several times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 12:40pm On May 20, 2017
Hello justwise. pls I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

justwise:

1. Yes individual applications

2. since she is not working then yes the same set of doc ..please read few pages back for list of docs expected from you

3. No you can't, has to be paid online

4. No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:49pm On May 20, 2017
harry41:
Hello Ekpotek, please I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

It's not a crime to take medicals on a visit visa as long as you pay the bill. Since you have disclosed this, did you include hospital receipts in your application? Did you stay more than your initial plan?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 6:06pm On May 20, 2017
Yes I stayed more than my initial plan because of the hospital. I had a fall and broke my arm. I didn't include hospital receipts because my brother's account was debited when due but we included the hospital's phone no. They just sent the bills to us before debiting the account.

ekpotek:

It's not a crime to take medicals on a visit visa as long as you pay the bill. Since you have disclosed this, did you include hospital receipts in your application? Did you stay more than your initial plan?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:59pm On May 20, 2017
harry41:
Yes I stayed more than my initial plan because of the hospital. I had a fall and broke my arm. I didn't include hospital receipts because my brother's account was debited when due but we included the hospital's phone no. They just sent the bills to us before debiting the account.

That's the problem. They are checking to ensure that you did not use public fund. Without the receipt of payment, this will take time. You just need to wait for the outcome.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2017
Pls I just need your personal views on my issue.
I applied for tier 4 student visa on 12th April but due to unsuccessful IHS FEE payment, I cancelled the application and requested for a visa refund on the day of my appointment (I have now gotten a refund of the previous application ). I started a fresh application the next day and was booked for an another appointment on 18th April . I submitted my documents and did my biometric on 18th April and had my interview on 20th April at UK Embassy ikeja Lagos. I got a mail on 8th May stating that my application is not straightforward and till now I have not received decision mail. My school start date is on 22nd May 2017 which is a day after tomorrow . I am just so worried about the delay and the long wait. Does tier 4 student visa take this long? I BELIEVE I HAVE NOT DONE WRONGLY SO FAR IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS..PLEASE WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS.....I am so worried brethren
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 9:34pm On May 20, 2017
Thank you for your response. I have to wait then but they could simply call d hospital or ask for evidence from us

ekpotek:

That's the problem. They are checking to ensure that you did not use public fund. Without the receipt of payment, this will take time. You just need to wait for the outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amibekee: 12:10am On May 21, 2017
Good morning house, I want to apply for 6 months UK visa to spend my vacation. I have visited the uk twice with my parents without overstay or any other issue. I work now but my gross pay is 76000. My aunty who is a UK citizen will take care of my accommodation and feeding , but my father is sponsoring the trip.
Kindly tell me the required documents and how to go about my application as my personal account balance is not sufficient to take care of my trip.

Also, when best should I apply as my official leave is in August 2017.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2017
nairacountry:
Good morning good people. Please how much is 2years application as of now. Thanks in anticipation of response

Please anybody with answer to this. Appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:18am On May 22, 2017
nairacountry:

You can go the Govt website (www.gov.uk) and seek answers as this forum is majorly for visit visas majorly for 6 months. Your question is somewhat vague, you said two months visa. What kind of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yuwaisi1: 2:12pm On May 22, 2017
Hello guru, please am having difficulty in paying for UK visa online. Is there any other option for making payment because I tried using both naira and dollar account ATM cards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:46pm On May 22, 2017
nairacountry:

About £330

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:24pm On May 22, 2017
ekpotek:

About £330

Yeah, about 452USD as at today....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vickyviki(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2017
Hello, Good evening everyone, appreciate the good work here,
I av an issue, av been finding it really hard to fill the online form. from what v found out, it seems that most refusal has been on finances, my mum intends to travel to the UK by next month to attend the graduation party of my brother, her son, she's a teacher on a low income scale #48k but its my brother who is going to sponsor all bills, he stays with my aunty over there too, so considering my mums finances, is there any chance of refusal cos the "income and expenditure" section is really pissing me off and what documents does she need to provide. thanks, any genuine response is really needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vickyviki(m): 12:03am On May 23, 2017
Also on starting the application, I am going to fill it for my mum, should I click on "Apply for myself" or "Apply for someone else" ? pls its urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blunts007: 9:38am On May 23, 2017
Hello house has anyone here applied for a UK ancestry visa from Nigeria. Pls I needs answers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ropodinho3633(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2017
Pls house I need info about how to write ....
Introduction letter to the embassy, I'm a student in China thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blunts007: 10:03am On May 23, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the old birth certificates issued before 1991 are accepted by ukvi for uk Ancestry visa applications from Nigeria, or are sworn age declaration certificates from the national population commission Accepted by ukvi.. Pls someone !!! Say something !! Help!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blunts007: 10:09am On May 23, 2017
Guru's in the house pls crack dis one ur help needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by optionese: 11:54am On May 23, 2017
Hello please what number did call them on. The one I tried to call asked for credit card details.

WESTERNCR:
My cousins application has been pending since 8th March and no update till today. 3weeks ago he sent an e!email enquiring about the status of his application and they replied that decision on his application is been delayed whilst further enquiries are been conducted. He called them on phone yesterday they couldn't find his application record, later they sent him an Escalation form for him to fill which he did immediately.
Has anyone experienced or currently going through this same issue and what could be wrong?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by optionese: 12:01pm On May 23, 2017
@justwise @ekpotek hello I need clarifications If you can. My sister applied for UK visa since on the 10th April. She hasn't gotten any mail since the file was supposedly transferred to Sheffield. After 15days she sent a mail and was told the decision has been made and will get her docs soon that's over 2weeks now

Its over 7weeks now, has anyone you know experienced such and what could be the reason . At this point she's already expecting a denial but to hold off on the passport for this long is worrisome.

Any ideas thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 12:04pm On May 23, 2017
pls which number did you contact UKVI with? Did you call from Nigeria? My application is been delayed too. I need to call them.
optionese:

Hello please what number did call them on. The one I tried to call asked for credit card details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.