Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Everray: 12:10pm On May 23, 2017
Please I need ur advise. I applied for visit visa and did biometrics on 5th april. Got a mail on d 6th april that it hs been received for processing. I never got any mail again until 5th May when i sent an enquiry to on the status of my application and was told tht a decision hs been taken for long. my concern now is the delay in returning my passport as I have mailed them but no reply. Any advise pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Everray: 12:50pm On May 23, 2017
optionese:
@justwise @ekpotek hello I need clarifications If you can. My sister applied for UK visa since on the 10th April. She hasn't gotten any mail since the file was supposedly transferred to Sheffield. After 15days she sent a mail and was told the decision has been made and will get her docs soon that's over 2weeks now

Its over 7weeks now, has anyone you know experienced such and what could be the reason . At this point she's already expecting a denial but to hold off on the passport for this long is worrisome.

Any ideas thank you

Thats same thing I am facing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 2:23pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Good people, I need urgent answer, I applied for a visit Visa in Nov. 2015 and I was refused based on Financial Strength. My Gross salary was/is 50k but not coming as at when due. (State with their salary wahala) I decided to register a Business name last year Nov nd opened an account so far money has being going in and out of the account. Now my uncle is inviting me to UK he ll flaunt his account, I intend to use the business account to Apply for the Visa in june, my questions are:
1. How much do I need to have as the closing balance?
2. Will they think I registered the business for the sake of Visa?
3. What re the documents I need to tender to them
4. Do I need to show them am still with the state Government?
5. The business is not up to a year but do I still need a Tax clearance certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:07pm On May 23, 2017
Everray:
Please I need ur advise. I applied for visit visa and did biometrics on 5th april. Got a mail on d 6th april that it hs been received for processing. I never got any mail again until 5th May when i sent an enquiry to on the status of my application and was told tht a decision hs been taken for long. my concern now is the delay in returning my passport as I have mailed them but no reply. Any advise pls.

If a decision has been reach. Go to the TLC and pick up your passport. Waiting to receive an email can take a while.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:11pm On May 23, 2017
optionese:
@justwise @ekpotek hello I need clarifications If you can. My sister applied for UK visa since on the 10th April. She hasn't gotten any mail since the file was supposedly transferred to Sheffield. After 15days she sent a mail and was told the decision has been made and will get her docs soon that's over 2weeks now

Its over 7weeks now, has anyone you know experienced such and what could be the reason . At this point she's already expecting a denial but to hold off on the passport for this long is worrisome.

Any ideas thank you

Visit the application centre to see if her passport have been returned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Everray: 7:27pm On May 23, 2017
ekpotek:

If a decision has been reach. Go to the TLC and pick up your passport. Waiting to receive an email can take a while.

Ok. I will go and check if it has been sent to TLC and will update u. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 10:19pm On May 23, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Gurus in the house, how do I defend a 500k-1m deposit into my account by someone who's owing me, so the vo won't think I'm boosting my account just because of the visa attempt?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Latara(f): 1:55am On May 24, 2017
Good day good people. Kindly help with this:

I am on a Tier 4 visa in the UK and my mum wants to come visit. I want to help her with filling the details online so she just goes to their office for biometrics.

There is a new service on the visas and immigration site where you can apply online, there is also the "visa4UK" site where i'm to create an account and "apply" since it's the first time. I'm confused with these two sites. Am i to apply on both of them?

Secondly, on the "visa4UK" site, i have the option of selecting either "applying for myself" or "applying for someone". Which do i choose in this case? I am using my mum's email and not mine for the application but i'm confused on which one to select here.

Please help guys. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2017
Latara:

I am on a Tier 4 visa in the UK and my mum wants to come visit. I want to help her with filling the details online so she just goes to their office for biometrics.

There is a new service on the visas and immigration site where you can apply online, there is also the "visa4UK" site where i'm to create an account and "apply" since it's the first time. I'm confused with these two sites. Am i to apply on both of them?

Secondly, on the "visa4UK" site, i have the option of selecting either "applying for myself" or "applying for someone". Which do i choose in this case? I am using my mum's email and not mine for the application but i'm confused on which one to select here.

You can use just one of those links to apply online.

Since you are applying for your mum use the option of apply for yourself but all details will be that of your mum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2017
adoox2:
Hello Good people, I need urgent answer, I applied for a visit Visa in Nov. 2015 and I was refused based on Financial Strength. My Gross salary was/is 50k but not coming as at when due. (State with their salary wahala) I decided to register a Business name last year Nov nd opened an account so far money has being going in and out of the account. Now my uncle is inviting me to UK he ll flaunt his account, I intend to use the business account to Apply for the Visa in june, my questions are:
5. The business is not up to a year but do I still need a Tax clearance certificate?

What is your net income from the business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
[color=#000099][/color]
Gurus in the house, how do I defend a 500k-1m deposit into my account by someone who's owing me, so the vo won't think I'm boosting my account just because of the visa attempt?

Explain it exactly how you did here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Latara(f): 10:18am On May 24, 2017
justwise:

You can use just one of those links to apply online.

Since you are applying for your mum use the option of apply for yourself but all details will be that of your mum.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 10:24am On May 24, 2017
justwise:

What is your net income from the business?

Net income 2.3m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vickyviki(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2017
Hello, Good evening everyone, appreciate the good work here,
I av an issue, av been finding it really hard to fill the online form. from what v found out, it seems that most refusal has been on finances, my mum intends to travel to the UK by next month to attend the graduation party of my brother, her son, she's a teacher on a low income scale #48k but its my brother who is going to sponsor all bills, he stays with my aunty over there too, so considering my mums finances, is there any chance of refusal cos the "income and expenditure" section is really pissing me off and what documents does she need to provide. thanks, any genuine response is really needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BeeNg: 10:56am On May 24, 2017
Good morning all. I'm a little new to this thread. I am in the process of applying for a British visa and at the end of my application I was told that there is an additional fee that comes with applying at the VI location. I was not told how much this fee would be, or where I can find out. If anyone who has applied for visa recently has any information on the extra fee for the VI location, please let me know as a matter of urgency. Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sim2003: 11:01am On May 24, 2017
please what is the equivalent of 113USD for standard visitor in Naira? Cos Us embassy rate is 400naira per 1 dollar
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:12am On May 24, 2017
Latara:

Use your account and choose applying for someone else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vickyviki(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2017
ekpotek:

Use your account and choose applying for someone else.
what's the difference between the two, applying for someone else and the other, my brother is in the UK and wants my mum to come to his graduation, shld he use his account or jes register for my mum and apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 2:29pm On May 24, 2017
Latara:

If you are using your mother's details the chose "Applying for myself" if your own account is still valid, you can simply log into yours and chose "applying for someone else"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 2:31pm On May 24, 2017
Globetrotter101:
Dear Gurus in the House , your help/advice is highly needed here . I want to visit the UK , i have actually gone there once on a family visiting visa(invitation), now i intend to visit there again on my own with no one inviting me . How can i go about it and what are my chances of getting the visa again without an Invitation from someone there. Thanks

You can book a hotel room. As for your chances, it depends on your financial ability and other things
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 2:37pm On May 24, 2017
saiprojects:
Well they picked up her passport and it was a refusal again (3rd time), every time they refused her, its always been an issue with her bank account even though I'm the one sponsoring her, paying for her tickets etc.. Such a shame bt I guess I will have to leave it and not even bother apply again for her..

This can be frustrating, it seems you are not covering all loop holes. In this case what you do is to convince them beyond reasonable doubt that she is indeed your mother in law and you are bearing all financial cost. The secret is not far fetched.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2017
adoox2:

Net income 2.3m

You mean under 6 months you have made a profit of 2.3M? And you work full time and earn 50K a month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2017
justwise:

You mean under 6 months you have made a profit of 2.3M? And you work full time and earn 50K a month?

I think the guy stated NET INCOME but not net Profit.

adoox2:

1. You could have as balance as much as available since its a Corporate Account jes be sure it's enough (50% of such bal) to cover your expenses for the duration you will be in the UK
2. You registered a year after you were refused, you shouldn't be worried about that
3. All the Company CAC Registration docs., your coy profile, evidences of job/work/services done/tendered, everything that link you with the company. Above all, 2letters on your coy letterhead stating Resolution for you to embark on the proposed vacation AND another Introducing you, offer to sponsor the trip, and who is designed to take charge while you will be away
4. Why not since you are still in service of the government. State for future purposes; you may need to use this employment for some reasons.......
You could only limit your involvement in your company as part time or strictly shareholder
5. No you don't. I had secured UKVisas with 1year+ coy without Tax Clearance Certificate

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
nairacountry:

I think the guy stated NET INCOME but not net Profit.

What is the difference between net income and net profit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2017
HELP[b][/b]

I am currently on Tier 4 visa and I got a job, switching to Tier 2 visa. My employer asked to fill the Certificate of Sponsorship form and I was asked to choose between 5 or 3 years visa. My question is that:

1. Which one should I choose?

2. Does Home Office normally grant 5 years visa at first application.

This is urgent as I need to send the form back to my sponsor/employer tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:34pm On May 24, 2017
justwise:

What is the difference between net income and net profit?

Net income = Gross earning - all taxes

Net profit = Gross earning - All taxes - Your capital
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2017
Solatium:

Net income = Gross earning - all taxes

Net profit = Gross earning - All taxes - Your capital

I asked: What is the net profit from the business and somebody is telling me that net income is different from not profit?

When you are running a business and made some profit from it is that not an income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:50pm On May 24, 2017
jelmusboy:
HELP[b][/b]

I am currently on Tier 4 visa and I got a job, switching to Tier 2 visa. My employer asked to fill the Certificate of Sponsorship form and I was asked to choose between 5 or 3 years visa. My question is that:

1. Which one should I choose?

2. Does Home Office normally grant 5 years visa at first application.

This is urgent as I need to send the form back to my sponsor/employer tomorrow

3yrs visa as first timer and 5yrs when the 3yrs expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:56pm On May 24, 2017
justwise:

I asked: What is the net profit from the business and somebody is telling me that net income is different from not profit?

When you are running a business and made some profit from it is that not an income?

In business accounting it is not the same thing,to an average man on the street it sounds the same,it took me practical experience and several listening from seasoned accountants and tax consultant to understand too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:05pm On May 24, 2017
Solatium:

In business accounting it is not the same thing,to an average man on the street it sounds the same,it took me practical experience and several listening from seasoned accountants and tax consultant to understand too.

You learn this in primary school
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:21pm On May 24, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

You learn this in primary school
Learnt in the course of transacting my business and perfecting my tax paper at the FIRS,every thanks to my friends who are Auditors and tax consultant respectively

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.