Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532663 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:

My brother that's sponsoring me has a chemical industry where soaps are manufactured. He's sponsoring me financially. All me travel expenses will be taken care of by him.

My host in the UK is a friend. He's a Nigerian and British citizen.

I know a few folks would not want to accept the truth. The applicant's circumstances here is very shabby. Only invitation letter and biodata page from the so-called host This is automatic refusal, no arguments. The ECO would be more concerned of how you will spend your visit in the UK. Under appendix V, the visa would be refused. Are you going to get your brother in Nigeria to send funds to your UK friend? You say your UK friend is the host, meaning they will House u, I believe. You need to provide evidence that they are capable of hosting you without recourse to public funds. You would have to provide payslips and bank statements of your Uk host. Otherwise how does the ECO establish the circumstance of the one you say is hosting you? I know you might say you have all the finances from your brother, this doesn't hold water.

You might have bank statements and payslips of your brother, there is no proof he would actually release the funds to you. You must have your birth certificate and your brother's birth certificate where your parents names are clearly written on them.

In my opinion, this application is shabby. A fit man who is employed in Nigeria is applying to visit the UK, his brother in Nigeria is paying for the trip and he has a friend in the Uk to host him. This is very shabby. The ECO would question why you need to make that visit and why you require funds from your brother and why a friend is hosting you in the UK for an ordinary visit.

Also in your list of documents there is nothing showing that you have a relationship with your friend.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

I know a few folks would not want to accept the truth. The applicant's circumstances here is very shabby. Only invitation letter and biodata page from the so-called host This is automatic refusal, no arguments. The ECO would be more concerned of how you will spend your visit in the UK. Under appendix V, the visa would be refused. Are you going to get your brother in Nigeria to send funds to your UK friend? You say your UK friend is the host, meaning they will House u, I believe. You need to provide evidence that they are capable of hosting you without recourse to public funds. You would have to provide payslips and bank statements of your Uk host. Otherwise how does the ECO establish the circumstance of the one you say is hosting you? I know you might say you have all the finances from your brother, this doesn't hold water.

You might have bank statements and payslips of your brother, there is no proof he would actually release the funds to you. You must have your birth certificate and your brother's birth certificate where your parents names are clearly written on them.

In my opinion, this application is shabby. A fit man who is employed in Nigeria is applying to visit the UK, his brother in Nigeria is paying for the trip and he has a friend in the Uk to host him. This is very shabby. The ECO would question why you need to make that visit and why you require funds from your brother and why a friend is hosting you in the UK for an ordinary visit.

Also in your list of documents there is nothing showing that you have a relationship with your friend.

OK.

What kind of documents will prove a relationship with myself host. We hate known for more than 10 years when her was in Nigeria.

He will be sending me his utility bill next week.

I'm coming on his invitation to have home rest in his house for my vacation. Should I opt to say in hotel when he's hosting me?

So, I should add birth certificates of myself and my brother?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:
Please my fellow Nairalanders

How can i solve this situation, me and my wife are going, but mine was rejected and her own was granted
can she go alone or do i appeal my own

What is the consequences if she travels alone

please i need suggestion

List those documents you submitted and the purpose of the visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:

OK.

What kind of documents will prove a relationship with myself host. We hate known for more than 10 years when her was in Nigeria.

He will be sending me his utility bill next week.

I'm coming on his invitation to have home rest in his house for my vacation. Should I opt to say in hotel when he's hosting me?

So, I should add birth certificates of myself and my brother?

Before anything else, why does your Uk friend have to host you? If your brother has all the finances to sponsor you, why not indicate you would stay in a hotel. Then where you eventually stay in the UK would be up to you. What do you have against indicating you would stay in a hotel as against being accommodated by your Uk friend?

You would have a lot of convincing to do. Many people find it hard establishing a relationship with one person. You now have to establish relationships with two people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeystan(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
[q
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

Correct bro... soldier go , soldier come , Barrack remain , Alot of good guys have also contributed immensely but finally goes quiet after all, But Justwise remains. keep it up bro.
That is true, even at the moment you have see a lot of good and responsible individuals here helping without asking for any kickback
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:

My brother that's sponsoring me has a chemical industry where soaps are manufactured. He's sponsoring me financially. All me travel expenses will be taken care of by him.

My host in the UK is a friend. He's a Nigerian and British citizen.

You do not need to convince me. Rather convince the ECO. Whatever you can submit in terms of documents, to address my concern, submit them, if not possible do a cover letter to the ECO and explain why!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:

we are going together, it was an invitation from a family member that has residence permit...
my question is if my husband did not succeed in getting his own, can i still proceed without them turning me back from the airport in UK

Dear, you are asking questions with double personalities. Your initial question came with a personality of a man, now it's coming as a woman.

@Ekpotek already answered you. If a man and his wife applied for a visa and the woman got the visa while the man was refused, the woman can still make the trip. The visa does not stipulate that either partner must travel with the other even when the other's visa is refused.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeystan(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

Sadly you do not have the right of appeal or administrative review. It's hard to tell when we don't know what documents you submitted and how yours differ from your wife's.

i submitted many documents same as my wife
its quite long to start listing all the documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeystan(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:

and what am asking again is can i still proceed without my hubby, without them turning me down from UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:
[q

Sure, you can proceed and travel alone. Your visa was issued based on your own circumstances. The only question that you might be asked at POE is what is the reason for your visit? Just prepare to answer, and provide them with a host phone number if they need to cross-checked. If they ask you why you did not travel with your husband. Just answer that his visa application was refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pamelaa(f): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good day everyone,

Please I need your assistance. I intend applying for a Uk 6-month visit visa next week and I'll be using my maiden name. This is because, I got married three months ago and all my documents including my international passport still have my maiden name.

I addressed this in my cover letter by stating that "my maiden name is being used for the application because I recently got married and all my application documents still have my maiden name".

Please is this explanation necessary, sufficient and realistic?

Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pzone: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
olamod:
Good afternoon
please what is the admission requirement for Liverpool John Moores University.
There is a student visa thread and also if you type this your question in google search box and click 'enter', you would have more than enough information anyone could give you here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
pamelaa:
Good day everyone,

Please I need your assistance. I intend applying for a Uk 6-month visit visa next week and I'll be using my maiden name. This is because, I got married three months ago and all my documents including my international passport still have my maiden name.

I addressed this in my cover letter by stating that "my maiden name is being used for the application because I recently got married and all my application documents still have my maiden name".

Please is this explanation necessary, sufficient and realistic?

Thanks as I await your responses.

It is not an issue, so far you have a marriage certificate to support your marital status.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pamelaa(f): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

It is not an issue, so far you have a marriage certificate to support your marital status.

Many thanks. Yes I have my marriage certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Finally submitted my applications and documents this afternoon by 3pm.

Applied for passport renewal on Tuesday and got it today
Rushed straight to complete the priority service application form and paid $460 priority service fee
Printed the form, attached the docs, and gatecrashed at the TLS VI office without appointment (thankfully, it's 5 minutes drive from my office)
Paid extra 30k for walk-in
Done with my biometrics by 3pm

So I have 10 working days between now and my travel day. I hope I'm able to pull this through.

PS: I didn't attach bank statement. My company is sponsoring this trip. My hotel, flight and even pick-up taxi booking at Heathrow have been booked from our London office and all documents to show that were attached. The letter of introduction was also included, which says the company will sponsor and also has information about what I was going for as well as my pay (which is 7-digit per month). I also attached my tax printout which shows my income and taxes paid for the last 5 years. I didn't attach bank statement in last year application too and got the visa. I think this too should fly, even without bank statement - time is my only worry. Used standard last year and got the visa within 11 working days (submission to collection). Now using priority service and got 10 days to travel date.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jarus:

Rushed straight to complete the priority service application form and paid $460 priority service fee
Printed the form, attached the docs, and gatecrashed at the TLS VI office without appointment (thankfully, it's 5 minutes drive from my office)

So I have 10 working days between now and my travel day. I hope I'm able to pull this through.

PS: I didn't attach bank statement. My company is sponsoring this trip. My hotel, flight and even pick-up taxi booking at Heathrow have been booked from our London office and all documents to show that were attached. The letter of introduction was also included, which says the company will sponsor and also has information about what I was going for as well as my pay (which is 7-digit per month). I also attached my tax printout which shows my income and taxes paid for the last 5 years. I didn't attach bank statement in last year application too and got the visa. I think this should fly, even without bank statement - time is my only worry. Used standard last year and got the visa within 11 working days (submission to collection).

I see you still dey so double style last minute.com smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pamelaa(f): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks. Please should I take out the explanation from the cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
oyb:

I see you still dey so double style last minute.com smiley

This was worse grin

Watched my passport almost expiring. Hate going to government agencies, hate queuing in general. Yet to renew my driver's license because of this too.

Got approval for this travel just 4 days ago. Gatecrashed to renew passport at immigration in 2 days. Gatecrashed at visa office.

Now hoping the visa will not be delayed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Weirdnerd2: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
I've been a low key participant of this forum for months and I hope my update helps someone.
Visa application was refused last year June.
I decided to hold on a while before reapplying.

I submitted my application and did biometrics on the 8th of Sept in Abuja. Standard application.
Application received by Uk visas &a immigration and SHEFo mail came in on the 11th.

Decision mail and courier mail received on the 28th.

Passport returned today 29th. 6 months tourist visa granted.

Documents submitted
Letter of introduction from employer
3 months pay slip and 3 monthsbank statement with a bal of about 1.3m
5years Savings plan statement
ID card
Hotel reservation from bookings.com
Flight reservation from an agent
And a cover letter.

I addressed the previous refusal on the additional space provided online.
I also said I'll be staying for a week and will spend 600k for the trip.

I'm still surprised about how fast it all happened considering all the delays I've read here and also was skeptical about the 3 months statement (the other months had huge inflows so I didn't want to shoot myself on the leg) but then every application is different.

Thank you guys and Goodluck to those waiting.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jarus:

PS: I didn't attach bank statement. My company is sponsoring this trip. My hotel, flight and even pick-up taxi booking at Heathrow have been booked from our London office and all documents to show that were attached. The letter of introduction was also included, which says the company will sponsor and also has information about what I was going for as well as my pay (which is 7-digit per month). I also attached my tax printout which shows my income and taxes paid for the last 5 years. I didn't attach bank statement in last year application too and got the visa. I think this too should fly, even without bank statement - time is my only worry. Used standard last year and got the visa within 11 working days (submission to collection). Now using priority service and got 10 days to travel date.

You will be fine without the bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
justwise:

You will be fine without the bank statement

Thanks. I was without bank statement, last year.

Getting the visa not later than 14th October (traveling night of Sunday, 15th) is my only concern.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jarus:

Thanks. I was without bank statement, last year.

Getting the visa not later than 14th October (traveling night of Sunday, 15th) is my only concern.

I think BA do morning flight, leaving about 8.30am and get to the UK around 2pm though from Abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hi House, @Justwise et al I have a few questions; My wife and kids visa came late last month so they couldn't use it for its purpose of visiting London for vacation. Now we're planning for a month xmass vacation between december and January to Edinburgh instead of London as mentioned in the application; is it safe?. My wife and kids would be staying in her friend's place not mentioned in the application; please how safe is that?, I would not be travelling with them due to my work, I really need advice. thnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jarus:

This was worse grin

Watched my passport almost expiring. Hate going to government agencies, hate queuing in general. Yet to renew my driver's license because of this too.

Got approval for this travel just 4 days ago. Gatecrashed to renew passport at immigration in 2 days. Gatecrashed at visa office.

Now hoping the visa will not be delayed.

I can bet you get the visa within 5 working days! Why, your application is straight forward. Based on your previous application and immigration history, the ECO knows that you're unlike to overstay�

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
pamelaa:

Thanks. Please should I take out the explanation from the cover letter?

No need, as you're trying to explainig the reason behind your inability to get a new passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

I can bet you get the visa within 5 working days! Why, your application is straight forward. Based on your previous application and immigration history, the ECO knows that you're unlike to overstay�

So straightforward. Even gave me the confidence to not bother with personal bank statement sef.

Virtually all the key expenses had alreadybeen paid for - flight, hotel, even taxi - by the company and attached. And I'm not a first time UK visitor. Not even second. And we have an office in the UK.

All these reasons made me gamble with priority, rather than do super priority that will cost more than 3 times the amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

I think BA do morning flight, leaving about 8.30am and get to the UK around 2pm though from Abuja.

Already booked and paid for Airfrance 11pm from Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 2:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Melonne:

here's the number: By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

thanks,i tried calling even mail d ukvi but my GT nairacard was failing so i sent mail to d auto machine.yesterday i got my passport with visa stamp atleast d waiting no waste.once again thanks to everyone for der contribution
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pamelaa(f): 2:53am On Sep 30, 2017
ekpotek:

No need, as you're trying to explainig the reason behind your inability to get a new passport.

No need for the explanation or no need to take it out? Sorry for the questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.