Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529829 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

Guys, some of the responses here are absolutely misleading and ridiculous and you guys give it as an authority instead of as a suggestion. There is nothing bad in keeping quiet when a question you are not confident about is asked so others can contribute.

If you put 3 weeks in an application and you are given 6 months means you are free to stay up to six months but not more than six months. Of course because of income consideration and cost of holidays and limited salary its better to put 2 or 3 weeks but you can stay more than that as long as you have a place to stay or prove you can pay hotel for the period you want to stay.

Again about filling London in the form and planning to stay in Edinburgh makes no difference. It is a UK visa. Of course people come to Heathrow on coach from 'Edinburgh to travel to other parts of the world because it is cheaper. Same applies if you fly to London first from Nigeria. That wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Please guys know that this is online and people are reading from all parts of the world including the UK.

Hello there.... what do you mean? The part about someone wishing to go to Edinburgh instead is perfectly fine as Edinburgh is part of UK. However the part about applying for three weeks and staying up to 6 months is a bag of ignorance from you. I think you are the one misleading people to get into blunders. Do you know how many refusal letters we have read here where th ECO pointed out they stayed longer than they quoted in their application form even without overstaying the visa itself?

Personally I have read the document titled 'Visit Guidance' which the ECOs use to access whether an applicant is a genuine visitor or not. It says that an applicant can be seen as not genuine, though not an automatic assumption, if they stay significantly beyond the time they quoted in the application.

I would advise you to say what you know. If you apply to visit the Uk and say you would be staying for three weeks and then you spend 6 months in the UK, it is not overstaying quite alright but you would have to explain in your next application why you stayed that long and if your explanation is not convincing enough it is visa refusal. This you do not know. No one is saying that if you applied to spend three weeks in the UK, you can't stay any longer than that. However if it is significantly beyond what you quoted you would have a lot of explanation to do.

See below an excerpt from the document: VISIT GUIDANCE' published by the Home Office, on page 8... Focus on bullet point 2

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

I don't think I insulted anyone but I said the fact and out of experience. I am currently hosting someone here now on a six month visa but applied with 3 weeks. This is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd successful invitation application and renewal. Don't say firmly based on isolated cases you heard without knowing the root cause. There is nothing wrong with staying one month in the UK no matter what you stated in your application my dear.

This is wrong and misleading at its best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

I don't think I insulted anyone but I said the fact and out of experience. I am currently hosting someone here now on a six month visa but applied with 3 weeks. This is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd successful invitation application and renewal. Don't say firmly based on isolated cases you heard without knowing the root cause. There is nothing wrong with staying one month in the UK no matter what you stated in your application my dear.

Guy you are Lord argue. What about the people that have been denied visas because they stayed longer than they quoted on their application form for previous visas without overstaying the visa itself? It's possible to stay longer than quoted but the ECO will consider other factors to ascertain if you are a genuine visitor. You might have solid documents in other areas, so you could avoid being seen as not genuine. However do not come here and say that no matter what you quoted in the application you can stay for 6 months. It is misleading. What might have worked for your friends might not work for someone else.

This is a forum to guide people and warn them based on
1. Personal experiences
2. Others' experiences
3. Home Office Publications

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ademidun1:
Hello gurus in the house,
I've been out of the country for one year and few months, working legally in Qatar . I just got job in U.K. and got COS already. I want to apply for visa, pls do I need to still do TB test or I'm exempted for the TB test?
N.B- I left Nigeria last year July, came in June for my vacation, went back to Qatar in June ending and came back to the country yesterday to apply for the visa.
I'll await advice on this. Thank you.
Can someone clarify this for me?? cc Justwise,brightingsus,epotek or everyone that had been in my shoes biko
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

"Whatever you hear on here is 90% confirmed". These are the words used here that are misleading........ put them as suggestions not as authorities. AM OUT.

It may sound misleading to you but its the fact. I have read the whole 340+ pages and I guarantee if you follow all instructions here , you wont regret it. QED

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=yolemum post=60865090]Hi guys....this is from a family friend of mine intending to visit the UK for vacation in Dec

Here are the parameter. He is intends to travel with his wife and one year old son...Though the wife is unemployed.. So he is sponsoring the trip.

Budget for the man

Days to spend in the UK : 8 days

He earns 320k monthly

Here is what he filled as his budget:
1. How much do u spend on living cost: £125

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: £65
3. Cost of trip personally to you : £1918
4. Total money you have for this trip: £1950
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £554.. Note (This amount is for the 3 of them)

6. Cost of Accommodation: £366 ...(Note: for hubsand and wife including their son)
7. Cost of living expenses : £400

Budget for the Wife
She is unemployed

This what she filled as her budget:

1. How much do u spend on living cost: £65

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: 0

3. Cost of trip personally to you : 0

4. Total money you have for this trip: £695
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £545 Note (This amount is for one person)

6. Cost of Accommodation: N/A.
7. Cost of living expenses : £150
8. How much would be given to you for this trip: £695

For the one year old son....we are confused on what to fill as his budget

Please gurus make ur inputs in areas that are not correct
Cc: Justwise,brightingsus,epotek...and my good people

Thanks while looking forward to your responses.

Please I need responses ....thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good afternoon My fellow Nairalanders! I finally collected my passport today after waiting 65 working days and My Visa was approved!!!
Justwise Thank you for all your effort on this forum, I learnt a lot from all your advise and to every other gurus helping others on here, Thank you to you all!!!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
TatPat:
Good afternoon My fellow Nairalanders! I finally collected my passport today after waiting 65 working days and My Visa was approved!!!
Justwise Thank you for all your effort on this forum, I learnt a lot from all your advise and to every other gurus helping others on here, Thank you to you all!!!
Congratulations!!!
Did you call or email for escalation please? Did biometrics since 21st July and still waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ademidun1:
Hello gurus in the house,
I've been out of the country for one year and few months, working legally in Qatar . I just got job in U.K. and got COS already. I want to apply for visa, pls do I need to still do TB test or I'm exempted for the TB test?
N.B- I left Nigeria last year July, came in June for my vacation, went back to Qatar in June ending and came back to the country yesterday to apply for the visa.
I'll await advice on this. Thank you.

If Qatar is not in the list of countries that need TB test then you are good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
TatPat:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
NIFES:

Congratulations!!!
Did you call or email for escalation please? Did biometrics since 21st July and still waiting.

Thanks NIFES!! I did call in the first four weeks but after that, I stopped calling and was just waiting patiently. I never asked for escalation. I did my biometrics on the 5th of July so just wait, they'll get to you soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations!

Thanks Oga Justwise!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
justwise:

If Qatar is not in the list of countries that need TB test then you are good to go.
Qatar is not bro. Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
TatPat:
Congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
TatPat:

Thanks NIFES!! I did call in the first four weeks but after that, I stopped calling and was just waiting patiently. I never asked for escalation. I did my biometrics on the 5th of July so just wait, they'll get to you soon.
Okay. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kingspartner:
Congratulations.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Henry85: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2017
capsie18:

You won't need to submit IELTS test result during visa application as long as you have all the required documents from the British university (CAS letter, admission offer letter etc) you should be fine

Ok.Thanks so much!. I will be applying for the visa around early December to resume my studies in January. This is because I haven't been admitted and I will still write the IELTS for my preferred school. Hope the timeframe isn't wrong for visa processing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2017
TatPat:
is it visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tive23: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2017
Good morning all...I won my appeal August 2nd and got my determination 14 August and also the fee returned but now still waiting for a call letter. I have sent several emails but no reply yet do I still have a long time left b4 I get a call letter? Tanks and also do I need a new tb certificate as I the one I have is no more valid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tive23: 11:53am On Oct 04, 2017
Tive23:
Good morning all...I won my appeal August 2nd and got my determination 14 August and also the fee returned but now still waiting for a call letter. I have sent several emails but no reply yet do I still have a long time left b4 I get a call letter? Tanks and also do I need a new tb certificate as I the one I have is no more valid
pls anyone to answer me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
post=61088648:
is it visit visa?

Yes, a visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
Henry85:

Ok.Thanks so much!. I will be applying for the visa around early December to resume my studies in January. This is because I haven't been admitted and I will still write the IELTS for my preferred school. Hope the timeframe isn't wrong for visa processing?

You may want to apply earlier. I suggest you apply as soon as you are admitted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Please guys when applying for a 9 month old child....is any budget breakdown required? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
My people I submitted my app on 21st September so I got a mail from my training organization that home office called to inquire if am booked and they said book with part payment made so the said they are dealing with my app and I will hear from them soonest so what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
castiello:
My people I submitted my app on 21st September so I got a mail from my training organization that home office called to inquire if am booked and they said book with part payment made so the said they are dealing with my app and I will hear from them soonest so what do you think?

I think you should simply wait for the outcome. And keep praying in the meantime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
yolemum:
Please guys when applying for a 9 month old child....is any budget breakdown required? Thanks

I don't know. But I have read it here before. Check through past posts, while waiting for a response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
Tive23:

I had left your question for someone that knows to answer. I have only one suggestion: check the guidance notes to your application and the ukba website; you may have the answers there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bos101: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Biometrics: 30th June 2017
Decision & Collection Mail: 29th Sept. 2017
Picked up my passport: 3rd Oct. 2017

VISA GRANTED!!!

I applied to go for a training in August 2017.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
bos101:
Biometrics: 30th June 2017
Decision & Collection Mail: 29th Sept. 2017
Picked up my passport: 3rd Oct. 2017

VISA GRANTED!!!

I applied to go for a training in August 2017.
Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Flourishtemi: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
@justwise @brightinhus and everyone, good afternoon everyone.
I became an avid reader of nairaland on this wave of uk visa decision delay.....so after waiting for over 64 working days, i got a refusal.
My application history is as follows
In 2009 while waiting admission to law school, i applied and was denied based on insufficient economic ties
In 2010 after completing law school, before my call to bar, i applied and was refused again due to the above reason
I chilled till 2015, when i had started earning salary and applied but was refused again for insufficient funds
In the last quarter of 2015, i got a better job with about 3times what i was earning at my last refusal and waited till July this year when I had gotten 2 salary reviews . My last salary review was to 301k .
I applied and here is the refusal document, please note that i submitted letter from employer, payslips, employment letter, and 2 salary review letters, I also attached 2 bank statements, 1 for salary account while the other was to shiw my previos earning.
The refusal stated that
1. I said i was "self employed "
2. That I did not show proof of my salary and additional income
3.that i did not prove evidence of other family members
P.S
I clearly stated my employment with my employer with all neccesary letters, i even attached cac documents as the company secretary to 3 companies which are our affiliates
I dont know what other documents i should have attached.
I think i want to reapply because the ECO was unfair. Please assist or refer me to particular posts that have similar outcomes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Brother reason am na what will family back home fall upon when u have 600k and want to spen 300k for travelling an the VO will woner what u do with all your money 300k per month and u cant save up to 1.5m to get the visit visa u need people to tutor u to run ur package

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Brother reason am na what will family back home fall upon when u have 600k and want to spend 300k for travelling an the VO will woner what u do with all your money 300k per month and u cant save up to 1.5m to get the visit visa u need people to tutor u to run ur package

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.