Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529799 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Josh4wod:
Hi guys
I have something bothering my mind

Instead of sending post by courier

Is it possible for me to Just scan and send it to someone in US while he submit for me?

You posted this on UK thread instead of US. While some document can be sent this way, not all would be accepted this way. So it depends on what you're trying ro send.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Brightingsus post=61
199926:

If the ban period has expired, way I do you want to make a case
A friend said there is an email add that am meant to send a mail to, for the embassy to clear my misdeed. Please as said, am naive on anything travelling, gurus in the house put me through on what to do PLEASE ALL.
Thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Brightingsus:

If the ban period has expired, why do you want to make a case
A friend said I'll need send an email notifying the embassy of expiration of the ban and that such ban record shd be deleted in their data.
That its after that,that I can now apply. Please am complete novice to travelling, I need all d Gurus in the house to assist me with any info.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
@inphoenix thanks. At the mo it's around 1.69m.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dan147: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pls gurus I will need your help, we intend to apply for visa as a family (family of 4).....I have read on this trend were family apply for visit visa, the approve husband's visa and deny wife/kids or the other way round..... My question is why is it so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
feranmi84:

I did not deposit huge amount in my account and wish to reapply and point out the ECO's error like you said. But want to know if reapplying immediately won't be a sign of desperation.

2. Moreover, If I decide to reapply immediately, should I submit same leave/introduction letter (02/10/17 to 31/10/17) or get another one with new dates.
Thank you.

Yes you need to print an update bank statement even nothing has changed in your account.

Then point out the ECO's mistake with a brief explanation.

Bytheway you don't have the right for judicial review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
dan147:
Pls gurus I will need your help, we intend to apply for visa as a family (family of 4).....I have read on this trend were family apply for visit visa, the approve husband's visa and deny wife/kids or the other way round..... My question is why is it so.

Even though a family can apply as a group, however each applicant's application is treated on individual merits. Between a man and his wife, one may have more ties to their home country or a better travel history. In fact the possible reasons are endless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by capsie18: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
Henry85:

Ok.Thanks so much!. I will be applying for the visa around early December to resume my studies in January. This is because I haven't been admitted and I will still write the IELTS for my preferred school. Hope the timeframe isn't wrong for visa processing?

Tbh early December for resumption early January is a quite a short timeframe because the UKVI would not take your resumption date being so close to hasten their decision process. In summary if you can apply earlier the better. Like I said in my prvious post you won't need to take an ielts test for a uk uni except the school specifically requests for it. All you need do is get an authorisation letter for your university in which your first degree was acquired stating that your first degree was translated and mode of communication is English.. Hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olaidecash: 2:11am On Oct 09, 2017
Pls how much is visa fee for 2years standard visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2017
Pardon me, but I do not understand. Where do I relay the question to ? Apology sir if am disturbing pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tive23: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
So I finally got my call letter!!! Won my appeal August 14...so please anyone know how soon I will get my passport..thank you

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good News...Passport picked today and successful. Delay was not denial. August 1st....till today.

Wait for your time and you will be happy too.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Kingspartner:
Good News...Passport picked today and successful. Delay was not denial. August 1st....till today.

Wait for your time and you will be happy too.

Thanks to all Justwise and co. You guys are the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Kingspartner:

Thanks to all Justwise and co. You guys are the best.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
themusketeer:

Congratulations!
Thank you o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tive23: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tive23:

So I finally got my call letter!!! Won my appeal August 14...so please anyone know how soon I will get my passport..thank you
it's really not nice when someone asks a question on this forum and he/she is totally ignored..@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Guys

Please who can help with TLS contact phone number?

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Inexplicable13: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hello guys,

Justwise and all the gurus in the house.

Please I need una advice ooo.

I am currently in the UK on a student visa which expires next month. I am looking to apply as the dependant of my wife who's a British citizen. She joined her current employment in March 2017 and her annual salary is £21000. My questions are as follows:

a) Can we solely use her financial earnings as proof of the £18600 requirement which we are required to show, notwithstanding that she would only have worked at her current employment for 6 months by the time we apply?

b) My master's programme ended in September 2017. In order to be exempted from satisfying the English Language requirement, I am looking to get an academic transcript from the school and an academic reference from one of my lecturers to show that the degree was researched in English. My question is, would the Home Office consider these documents as valid notwithstanding that my graduation is in January 2018?

Thanks in anticipation of your response(s)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tive23:

So I finally got my call letter!!! Won my appeal August 14...so please anyone know how soon I will get my passport ..thank you

There is no specific time for this, sometimes the delay could stretch to a month or two, some are lucky to get their passports back within 3wks.

I guess you many have to start calling or emailing after 2-3wks if you are not given a specific time/date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Inexplicable13:
Hello guys,

Justwise and all the gurus in the house.

Please I need una advice ooo.

I am currently in the UK on a student visa which expires next month. I am looking to apply as the dependant of my wife who's a British citizen. She joined her current employment in March 2017 and her annual salary is £21000. My questions are as follows:

a) Can we solely use her financial earnings as proof of the £18600 requirement which we are required to show, notwithstanding that she would only have worked at her current employment for 6 months by the time we apply?

b) My master's programme ended in September 2017. In order to be exempted from satisfying the English Language requirement, I am looking to get an academic transcript from the school and an academic reference from one of my lecturers to show that the degree was researched in English. My question is, would the Home Office consider these documents as valid notwithstanding that my graduation is in January 2018?

Thanks in anticipation of your response(s)

1.That amount is with 6months payslips,bank statement and letter of employment

2. That is more than enough for English language qualification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2017
What's the fate of HND holder in UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by endyyoung: 5:39am On Oct 10, 2017
post=61257803:
Guys

Please who can help with TLS contact phone number?

Thanks

I have been searching for any TLS contact phone number for 24 hours straight, I think they deliberately didn't provide one to avoid any form of contact.

Have you tried replying to one of there emails? With the hope that they might read and respond. It's just a shot in the dark
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by endyyoung: 6:21am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello Great Nairalanders, Please I need your help

I am a Tier 4 (general) student visa applicant

I was recently denied entry to the UK, for not providing a Birth Certificate to prove my relationship with my father, who is footing my bills.

But I actually submitted an NPC "attestation of birth" to VAC(tls contact lagos), applied for by my mother and naming my father.

My question, could UKVI have missed my father's name on that document, or does UKVI not recognise NPC birth certificates, or could TLScontact have omitted that document during thier scanning process, I have no way of reaching TLScontact to ask, since I can't find their contact any.

I intend to apply for Administrative Review, but need answers to these questions.

Any advice is well appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lalla89: 6:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house please which documents should I used to cover up my car business as self employed that has not being registered with the CAC but I had registered with a company as company's member (car dealer) I have a company I.d card, invoice and sales reciept of cars sold, personal business bank statement with about 3m as closing balance with good inflow and outflow of cash, bill of landing.I want to know if this documents can serve as source of fund or what are the other documents required that will cover up my application of visiting visa to UK please.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2017
endyyoung:

I have been searching for any TLS contact phone number for 24 hours straight, I think they deliberately didn't provide one to avoid any form of contact.

Have you tried replying to one of there emails? With the hope that they might read and respond. It's just a shot in the dark

Seriously!

theyve disabled reply. Mails are sent with 'noreply...' address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by endyyoung: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2017
post=61274724:

Seriously!

I think so, I searched tirelessly for any contact to no avail. I was denied entry for not providing a Birth Certificate according to ECO, after I submitted NPC birth attestation, so I need to find out from them whether that document was omitted, before applying for A.R
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by janykute: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2017
endyyoung:

I think so, I searched tirelessly for any contact to no avail. I was denied entry for not providing a Birth Certificate according to ECO, after I submitted NPC birth attestation, so I need to find out from them whether that document was omitted, before applying for A.R

Denied entry or refused visa which one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by endyyoung: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2017
janykute:

Denied entry or refused visa which one?

Refusal of Entry Clearance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by endyyoung: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2017
post=61274724:

Seriously!

Found this on: http://worldtraveland.com/wnt3/visa_information.cfm?type=United%20Kingdom&id=6

None of the numbers are valid though

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamakinde(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2017
endyyoung:

Use their complaints platform, though it takes up till a week before they reply. I used it once and got a reply after I have sorted it out myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.