Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529547 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2017
preciouschiomy:

My husband is living and working in the UK. But I am in Nigeria with our son

Okay. You do not need any consent letter. All that you need is a valid marriage certificate and proofs of relationship eg photos, calls and chat logs, evidences of his visit to Nigeria. His permit to reside in the UK and his address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demorichy: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2017
justwise:

Only you can explain why you overstayed by 3momths plus.

You need to defend the source of 80K you will be declaring as your monthly income and 500K budgeted for the trip.

If the money is from your mum then submit evidence to back it up.

Thank you sir for your prompt response, there's no particular reason why I overstayed. then I felt coming to Nigeria after 4 weeks and going back again is expensive. please how do I tackle this issue in my next application, how can I address it intelligently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2017
ekpotek:

Okay. You do not need any consent letter. All that you need is a valid marriage certificate and proofs of relationship eg photos, calls and chat logs, evidences of his visit to Nigeria. His permit to reside in the UK and his address.

Pls I don't understand the permit part. He is currently working but I don't think he has any permit to reside in the UK. Does he need to apply for a permit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2017
preciouschiomy:

Pls I don't understand the permit part. He is currently working but I don't think he has any permit to reside in the UK. Does he need to apply for a permit.

The permit is his passport data page of citizenship of EU country, National Insurance number; Proofs of residence eg utility bills, council tax. Proofs of work eg letter from employer, 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
ekpotek:

The permit is his passport data page of citizenship of EU country, National Insurance number; Proofs of residence eg utility bills, council tax. Proofs of work eg letter from employer, 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements.

OK. Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Deelaw13(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Deelaw13:
Pls I have been trying to pay my visa application fee online after inputting my card details it's showing insufficient funds or payment cannot proceed..pls help
pls I need urgent answers thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2017
Hi all, pls what's the cheapest means of getting to Edinburgh from London? What's the best sim card to buy interms of data? Garri, beans, stockfish,Maggi, crayfish, dry pepper and pepper soup spices, pls are the above foodstuff allowed. What's the best affordable clothing stores to shop in London or Scotland. Pls I need answers my beloved nairaland Family grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
ujugirl88:
Hi all, pls what's the cheapest means of getting to Edinburgh from London? What's the best sim card to buy interms of data? Garri, beans, stockfish,Maggi, crayfish, dry pepper and pepper soup spices, pls are the above foodstuff allowed. What's the best affordable clothing stores to shop in London or Scotland. Pls I need answers my beloved nairaland Family grin grin

Primark for clothes
SIM card for data try giffgaff 6gig data 1000minutes calls and unlimited txt for £15 (1month contract)
London to Edinburgh... National Express (Coach) from as low as £13 and as high as £70. Depending on how far in advance you book.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you so much @justwise @ademidun and everyone.

God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
ujugirl88:

All food stuffs listed are allowed if they don't quarantine it at Lagos airport. Other questions have been answered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
ujugirl88:

Avoid palm oil albeit you haven't mentioned it...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=themusketeer post=61471503]

Primark for clothes
SIM card for data try giffgaff 6gig data 1000minutes calls and unlimited txt for £15 (1month contract)
London to Edinburgh... National Express (Coach) from as low as £13 and as high as £70. Depending on how far in advance you book.

Hope this helps
[/quoteThanks]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
themusketeer:

Primark for clothes

Hope this helps
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shawnbose: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good day everyone,

Has anyone in this forum recently applied for Tier2 dependant visa ?? If yes can you please let me know your timeline ??

And is it also compulsory your spouse/ sponsor will get a call from the ECO .

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xhib: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
xhib:
I have been in observer mode for only two months and I must say this is the most frustrating process I have ever encountered.

The sense of helplessness and nothing can be done.

I invited my parents for my wedding in mid August and the sent in their applications on the 26th of July. (We thought the process will take a couple of weeks as quoted on their website).

As it got closer to the wedding date,after 15 working days, I called and I was told their application has been escalated. I called again after 15 working days after the escalation and still nothing had happened. Instead the person, I was speaking to was trying to play around with dates and numbers.There were a few more escalation to the blackhole that is the home office and still nothing. To cut the story short my parents never made it to my wedding. I never got any calls or emails, I always checked my voicemails(I was told they leave a voicemail if they can't get hold of you)

A few other family members applied after my parents and all got their visa [Europe and Ghana]. For my Father in law, he applied late so I had to use the 5day decision(basically more money) and he got his visa and made it for the wedding.

I still decided to follow this up and called the UKVI again...still nothing and then I came to the realisation, that the support team are just an empty shell entity to distract from the actual team the processes the visa. he

I am aware that each application is unique but my wife and I used pretty much the same paper work for all our invitees.

1)They can't seem to chase up old escalations, but only create new ones.
2)They don't seem to have any info on anything other than the info on tls webpage.
3)The expense in contacting them via email or phone especially when one doesn't get anything useful from them.

I called them yet again early this week. The person I spoke to said he has been receiving a lot of calls from Ghana and Nigeria with everyone in a similar situation . He talked about escalation yet again

I am now on I think about 50 working days, basically another couple of weeks and we should be hitting 60working days since my parents made their application

So it begs the question , what exactly is going on in the home office ? and why are there so many delays
This seems to be unique to Nigeria, I haven't ever seem a visa process that takes this much time. At most it is 2 weeks for most places.

Are they overwhelmed or short staffed ? which I seriously doubt the summer hols are over and every one is back to work

Basically it seems they seen to want people to spend more money using the faster process which isn't right.

Good luck every one with your applications.

To update:

Application was made 26th June
Made 2 escalations and called a few times
It took about 64 working days to hear back from them.
My parents got 6 months visa

Goodluck with your applications

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good day all,I hope you're all having a stressfree day?
I'm about applying for a 2weeks tourist visa,I've my
Hotel reservation
Introduction letter from where I work
Confirmation letter
Letter of leave
Pay slip
Bank account 6months print out with balance of 1,350,000
change of ownership of landed property (deed)
Car document
But I'm quite confused concerning tax document as it's been deducted by my office before remitting to my account, how do I prove to the Eco I pay my tax,though it's shown on my payslips.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoboy4life(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
justwise:
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 400 pages.

Part2 is here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Good evening to everyone, I submitted my application on 26th of sept and I got message today that decision has been made and I did standard Visa application process. I am a bit panic they attended to my application quickly, I need someone to enlighten me on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
as a salary earner you dont need any tax clearance it will show it has been deducted in your payslip. just make sure you add it to your account statement
tmoneyluvsu:
Good day all,I hope you're all having a stressfree day?
I'm about applying for a 2weeks tourist visa,I've my
Hotel reservation
Introduction letter from where I work
Confirmation letter
Letter of leave
Pay slip
Bank account 6months print out with balance of 1,350,000
change of ownership of landed property (deed)
Car document
But I'm quite confused concerning tax document as it's been deducted by my office before remitting to my account, how do I prove to the Eco I pay my tax,though it's shown on my payslips.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hello house, I have questions regarding
1. letter of invitation and letter of sponsorship. Do I need to write both letters seperately?
2. I am inviting my parents so for the cover letter, must they write it separately? I mean one for dad,one for mum.
3.For my dad, he has a salary account (which will now be his pension account) and his personal account. Must he print out 6 months bank statement for both accounts? I send him money using his personal account.
4. For mum, does she need both payslips and tax clearance or just payslips.
5. I will be applying for them from UK, should I use visa4uk or gov.uk
6. For ties back home, my parents care for my grandma and then my siblings are back home and dad needs to sort out his pension. Mum has a job in a government school. I will set the trip date during school holidays.
7. I want to fully sponsor them with £2,500. My hubby (he is in the UK)don't want me to add him to the application as his statement is not really good at the moment. Averagely i get £1,500 per month so is £2,500 too much to state as maintenance fund for them.
8. Reason for the trip- I want them to visit me as I want them to rest from caring for my elderly granny. My siblings and other family members have agreed to stay with grandma for the 2 weeks.
Any other things I need to add...thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
damola1:

Thank you once more. My ticket is in a few hours, but it'll go to waste because of his absence. last 2 weeks I changed it with 109k. Too expensive.

Is it OK to state that after meeting we will spend a couple of days moving around or simply stick to the meeting?

A few days to move around is ok. 10days is a little too much if your main purpose is just the meeting, so I suggest he reduces it to between 3 - 5days. Remember to stick to that, when eventually making that first trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
Deelaw13:
pls I need urgent answers thank you

Transfer the funds into your current account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello house, I have questions regarding
1. letter of invitation and letter of sponsorship. Do I need to write both letters seperately?
2. I am inviting my parents so for the cover letter, must they write it separately? I mean one for dad,one for mum.
3.For my dad, he has a salary account (which will now be his pension account) and his personal account. Must he print out 6 months bank statement for both accounts? I send him money using his personal account.
4. For mum, does she need both payslips and tax clearance or just payslips.
5. I will be applying for them from UK, should I use visa4uk or gov.uk
6. For ties back home, my parents care for my grandma and then my siblings are back home and dad needs to sort out his pension. Mum has a job in a government school. I will set the trip date during school holidays.
7. I want to fully sponsor them with £2,500. My hubby (he is in the UK)don't want me to add him to the application as his statement is not really good at the moment. Averagely i get £1,500 per month so is £2,500 too much to state as maintenance fund for them.
8. Reason for the trip- I want them to visit me as I want them to rest from caring for my elderly granny. My siblings and other family members have agreed to stay with grandma for the 2 weeks.
Any other things I need to add...thanks in anticipation.

1. One letter should suffice, just state there that you are inviting and sponsoring as well. Put the 2 as the heading sef.

2. Yes different letters, their circumstances are not the same, one is retired and one still in service. Hopefully they submit as a unit, but advisable they print their documents separately

3. Both, but since you are sponsoring them fully, be sure they fill that in the application forms. If the ECOs spot their account statements, he could ignore your account statement/sponsorship and concentrate on their account statement instead particularly if it isn't well funded to wrongfully justify a refusal

4. Just payslips

5. Either is fine

6. Please have them state all these in their cover letter. Mum would need a letter of introduction from work and possibly the school calendar. Include your siblings birth certificates too especially if they're underage. And documents of landed property if any

7. Depends on how long are they staying and how much would their trip cost you personally. Remember it is full sponsorship which means travel/flight tickets are included. Although, I don't think they are as strict with U.K. resident sponsorship as with self/Nigerian 3rd party sponsorship.

8. Mention alternative care for her in their cover letter(s), but "rest from caring for granny" sha? I dunno about that one o! Lol

Other documents 1. Siblings' birth certificates 2. Mum's Introduction from work 3. Grandma's birth certificate? passport data page? Or hospital card or any document to prove her status 4. Dad's retirement certificate/letter 5. Sponsor's passport data page 6. Sponsor's utility bill 7. Sponsor's bank Statement 8. Sponsor's birth certificate to prove relationship with parents from names 9. Sponsor's birth certificate because of the change of name?

Can't think of any more documents now, there could be more...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 4:45am On Oct 17, 2017
Embolded.... grin

damola1:
Myself and my brother are directors in our SME.

I have a 5years business visa that will run till 2021. Thanks to Nairaland.

Anyways, We are expanding the game. We are going to be the support end of the British export trading company here in lagos, and already rented a 280sqm facility. But need to start meeting.

I am not really a fan of moving up and down. But my brother is like my right hand man. In fact, I paid 110k extra just to shift the tickets and meetings from 2 weeks ago.

I submitted our company account statements. which showed over 8 digits within a 6 months period and cash balance of over 7 digits . But I was shocked to receive that he won't be coming along. Find attached his refusal notice.

Note: the letter submitted by our British partners is same format I used in the past. exact same format.

Right now. I don't really want to go anymore. Cos, I can't see myself alone in the cold.

How soon can I reapply. and how best do I address this. I am suppose to leave on Monday though, so, I might apply for him against a later date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 5:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Have you confirmed the exchange rate they are using? What bank card are you using?

Deelaw13:
Pls I have been trying to pay my visa application fee online after inputting my card details it's showing insufficient funds or payment cannot proceed..pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 5:09am On Oct 17, 2017
Nice one but can you for the benefit of others, state how you pulled this through?

Jarus:
Finally picked my passport this afternoon. Visa issued (I just felt I can't be denied UK business visit visa desoite never submitting my bank statements).

Imagine these guys did not send me any email despite paying for priority service and even sms alert. I just took leap of faith and walked into their office this afternoon.

Pronto, my passport was there and the guy at collection was saying it arrived yesterday. Imagine o, since yesterday. If I had relied on their email, I might have missed my travel (which is this weekend).

These TLS people no try at all. Imagine if I was waiting for their email or sms, tomorrow the last working day before my travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 6:08am On Oct 17, 2017
bigtt76:
Nice one but can you for the benefit of others, state how you pulled this through?

Pulled what exactly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 6:22am On Oct 17, 2017
The entire process you went through to get the UK business visa without submitting the bank statements undecided

Jarus:

Pulled what exactly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 7:17am On Oct 17, 2017
bigtt76:
The entire process you went through to get the UK business visa without submitting the bank statements undecided

My company is sponsoring me. Not a dime coming from my pocket.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoboy4life(m): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2017
Jarus:

My company is sponsoring me. Not a dime coming from my pocket.

That mean you present company bank statement of account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.