Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528913 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello house. Good work here. My colleague will be sent for a one day training course in the UK sponsored by company. she intend to stay 7 days max. Issue is salary is 75k out of which she collects 20k Cash monthly for personal fueling allowance and a net of 48k paid after tax to account. she does some random works giving her other funds albeit not so huge. What are the chances? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
SECURITYWOMAN:
Hello house. Good work here. My colleague will be sent for a one day training course in the UK sponsored by company. she intend to stay 7 days max. Issue is salary is 75k out of which she collects 20k Cash monthly for personal fueling allowance and a net of 48k paid after tax to account. she does some random works giving her other funds albeit not so huge. What are the chances? Thanks

Is this a private company? If yes how big is this company and do they have branches around Nigeria or outside Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
justwise:

Is this a private company? If yes how big is this company and do they have branches around Nigeria or outside Nigeria?
Yes. Private company. 2 branches in Lagos, One in Ogun state and another in Abuja. A real estate firm. Staff strength about 25. including subordinates. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
kokoboy4life:

Congrat to your parent, did you do priority or standard and is it TLS that notify you that decision has been made or the Infor comes directly from Sheffield in Uk

Thanks.

pirio wetin? nba nu! after paying almost $1000 for visa! dat money pain me diiieee! I no even pay for SMS talk less of piriority, funny enuf the visa was issued in V.I. it was email notifications we got and I was also tracking it on their portal which was also accurate with the email notifications.

They also got their usa within 5 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
SECURITYWOMAN:
Yes. Private company. 2 branches in Lagos, One in Ogun state and another in Abuja. A real estate firm. Staff strength about 25. including subordinates. Thanks

I'm not sure it will work out,

Is this the first time your company is sending somebody for such training outside Nigeria?

Your colleague or company need to present a strong case to justify how important this oneday training is to the company to spend that much for just one day training.

Your coleague's salary could also be an issue because that is her main tie to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
justwise:

I'm not sure it will work out,

Is this the first time your company is sending somebody for such training outside Nigeria?

Your colleague or company need to present a strong case to justify how important this oneday training is to the company to spend that much for just one day training.

Your coleague's salary could also be an issue because that is her main tie to Nigeria.
OK thanks. Yes first time sending an employee. My boss have been the one attending trainings and the likes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheFlex(m): 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
hello house

please i will be applying for a tier 2 visa for myself, wifey and two children

Q1- how do i link all the applications and make sure we go for the biometrics at the same time...

i have an A rated sponsor who says i should apply for priority service...

Q2- the priority service on TLS says its for premium sponsors; is there a difference between A rated and Premium?

Q3 - how safe is this Paga platform? can i safely transfer all the amount i need to pay, close to 2M to the Paga App?

thanks

justwise Jarus and everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2017
SECURITYWOMAN:
OK thanks. Yes first time sending an employee. My boss have been the one attending trainings and the likes.

Maybe he needs to send someone in a higher position and better pay, I'm not trying to look down on people's pay here but 75k a month is less than £200, some people earn that much a week doing under table job here. People who overstay their visas and work illegally do that mainly because they earn very little in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
TheFlex:
hello house

please i will be applying for a tier 2 visa for myself, wifey and two children

Q1- how do i link all the applications and make sure we go for the biometrics at the same time...

i have an A rated sponsor who says i should apply for priority service...

Q2- the priority service on TLS says its for premium sponsors; is there a difference between A rated and Premium?

Q3 - how safe is this Paga platform? can i safely transfer all the amount i need to pay, close to 2M to the Paga App?

thanks

justwise Jarus and everyone

1.I have read here that one can link application but I don't know how it's done and if the system has changed. People who have done it recently please help.

2. You can use standard priority service and the information is on TLS website

3. I know very little about paga

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Good day all,

Thank you very much for the time taken to answer questions. I tried reading so many pages so that I won't ask repetitive questions.

I've travelled to UK twice. The first time last year was on a company sponsored trainingcon which strength I got my visa. I travelled again this year for a week on a self sponsored trip before my visa expired.

I intend travelling in January for a qualifying legal exam
The cost of the exam is 678 pounds and I have paid already personally. I want to apply for the renewal of my visa using my husband's statement of account. The account balance is 1.3M. 1M from it was from the maturity of Tbills which entered another account and then he transferred to the account statement I'm using so you'll just see transfer of 1M from one of his account to another. Should I attach the treasury bill certificate to show how the N1M came about?

Also he transferred about 300 k about 3 weeks ago to another account where he has master card when he tried paying for something and it didn't go so he later transferred the money back to this account. I hope no red flags will be raised.

On my own, I earn about N250k every month but I don't intend using my account statement.

The cosy for the trip will be about 500k which should cover flight and handy money since the exam fees has already been paid.

Please advise accordingly.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2017
uche13:
Good day all,

Thank you very much for the time taken to answer questions. I tried reading so many pages so that I won't ask repetitive questions.

I've travelled to UK twice. The first time last year was on a company sponsored trainingcon which strength I got my visa. I travelled again this year for a week on a self sponsored trip before my visa expired.

I intend travelling in January for a qualifying legal exam
The cost of the exam is 678 pounds and I have paid already personally. I want to apply for the renewal of my visa using my husband's statement of account. The account balance is 1.3M. 1M from it was from the maturity of Tbills which entered another account and then he transferred to the account statement I'm using so you'll just see transfer of 1M from one of his account to another. Should I attach the treasury bill certificate to show how the N1M came about?

Also he transferred about 300 k about 3 weeks ago to another account where he has master card when he tried paying for something and it didn't go so he later transferred the money back to this account. I hope no red flags will be raised.

On my own, I earn about N250k every month but I don't intend using my account statement.

The cosy for the trip will be about 500k which should cover flight and handy money since the exam fees has already been paid.

Please advise accordingly.

Thank you.

Since you are currently employed and will be stating that in your application, you need to include proof of your own personal circumstances, even if you're being sponsored. It is advisable you include the usual requirements of a self sponsorship (letter of introduction from employer, 6 months payslips & bank statements etc) Writing the qualifying exams also implies you want to practice in the U.K. and looking for "greener pastures", while there is nothing wrong in that, it is already a good reason for the ECO to be a little more critical of your application, more so that the MCT assessment (I reckon that's the one you want to write) can be done online without your presence in the U.K.

It is also advisable to avoid huge money lodgments, but where it is unavoidable, you will need to explain with CONVINCING proof to back your explanation, but from personal experience and that of people here, they hardly are satisfied with explanation on bulk fund deposits particularly if it forms a large percentage of the closing balance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2017
@iphoenix,

Thank you for taking time to reply. However, the test can't be done online anywhere. The only body that offers the program is Pearson vue and while it is an online exam, selected centres are accredited. The only country in Africa approved is South Africa and many people prefer to do it in London. Also, this is just the first stage of the exam.

What do you recommend I do?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheFlex(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2017
justwise:

1.I have read here that one can link application but I don't know how it's done and if the system has changed. People who have done it recently please help.

2. You can use standard priority service and the information is on TLS website

3. I know very little about paga

thanks for the feedback,

what other payment option do i have?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 11:37am On Oct 15, 2017
Good afternoon @justwise @Bright and all

Thanks for the response.

Kindly bear in mind that I did not fill/tick Abuja at all in my application but for some reason I can't explain the drop down on the appointment page shows only Abuja

Quote: URGENT URGENT

Hello house!
@justwise, Solatium, bright, epotek and all
Kindly advise

I am lagos based, being trying to book my appointment date but only Abuja shows on the drop down

Kindly help

Thank you

Never heard that before, check your form very well to see if there is a mistake somewhere..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoboy4life(m): 11:56am On Oct 15, 2017
[quote author=ladylco post=61425111]

Thanks.

pirio wetin? nba nu! after paying almost $1000 for visa! dat money pain me diiieee! I no even pay for SMS talk less of piriority, funny enuf the visa was issued in V.I. it was email notifications we got and I was also tracking it on their portal which was also accurate with the email

I paid for SMS notification but till today I am yet to get SMS from them and I don’t think TLS webpage is functioning well base on tracking the progress of application, because I have submitted since 26th of sept till now no update concerning the progress of my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Hi @justwise @Bright @Ekpotek and all

Kindly find screenshot of my predicament

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
funmido:

Thank you
From my little experience, I'll still say you picked Abuja at your initial stage of filling your form. Maybe you didn't know. Because if not, they shouldn't have given you Abuja as the only option for your biometrics.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
TheFlex:

thanks for the feedback,

what other payment option do i have?

Your Nigerian bank card or dollar account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
funmido:

Thank you

Consider what Ademidun1 said because if you look at the statement under the headline it says that the location of your appointment is base on the information you provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naruto02(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hello guys, I'm applying for a tourist visa pls I need to know if they'll accept unpaid hotel reservation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fatima04: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
thank you for your response.

Brightingsus:

Each applicant should have their application, I think. You can then pay for group TLS appointment and have the biometrics etc as a group; same date and time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fatima04: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
Thank you for your suggestion.

justwise:

As far as i know each applicant need to apply separately.

I know close to nothing about living in Scotland but in terms of affordable accommodation, use gumtree to search and always always view any accommodation before committing your money.

The further from town centre the cheaper.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
uche13:
@iphoenix,

Thank you for taking time to reply. However, the test can't be done online anywhere. The only body that offers the program is Pearson vue and while it is an online exam, selected centres are accredited. The only country in Africa approved is South Africa and many people prefer to do it in London. Also, this is just the first stage of the exam.

What do you recommend I do?

Thank you

Can you reschedule your exam? Or write it in South Africa instead? You've been to the U.K. twice already, and will definitely still have to do the second stage examination in the U.K. Don't you wanna see more of the world? I think it'll be a good experience and also a boost to your travel history when next you want to apply for another visa, be it the U.K. or elsewhere.

If you are bent on writing the MCT in the UK however, I'll advise you should sponsor yourself, start building your account from now and avoid any substantial lodgements for the next 6 months. At the very least, have your husband just co-sponsor you instead of leaving it entirely to him. Note that that N1m transfer will DEFINITELY be an issue this time, even if you explain it's source.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yaxmokwa: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
I have applied for UK visa and mistakenly registered with https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LOS/ LAGOS instead of ABUJA. How do I change this back to Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
@inphoneix,

Thank you very much. I thought of SA but the issue of logistics was discouraging.

The exam can't be rescheduled and I don't have the liberty of six months since it is billed for January.

I guess I will have to see if my company can sponsor like the first time.

Many thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hello everyone @justwise @Bright @Ekpotek
I am about to apply for family permit visa. I got consent letter from my mom, brother in law and sister in law. Do I need to get their I.D cards?
please kindly respond. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demorichy: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
justwise:

Only you can explain why you overstayed by 3momths plus.

You need to defend the source of 80K you will be declaring as your monthly income and 500K budgeted for the trip.

If the money is from your mum then submit evidence to back it up.

Thank you sir for your prompt response, there's no particular reason why I overstayed. then I felt coming to Nigeria after 4 weeks and going back again is expensive. please how do I tackle this issue in my next application, how can I address it intelligently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
preciouschiomy:
Hello everyone @justwise @Bright @Ekpotek
I am about to apply for family permit visa. I got consent letter from my mom, brother in law and sister in law. Do I need to get their I.D cards?
please kindly respond. Thanks

Family permit visa are applicable to spouse of EU citizen residing in the UK. Are you married or a dependant of a EU citizen living in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Family permit visa are applicable to spouse of EU citizen residing in the UK. Are you married or a dependant of a EU citizen living in the UK?

Yes. my husband and son are EU citizens
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
ekpotek:

My husband is living and working in the UK. But I am in Nigeria with our son
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Deelaw13(m): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Pls I have been trying to pay my visa application fee online after inputting my card details it's showing insufficient funds or payment cannot proceed..pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damola1: 4:20am On Oct 16, 2017
inphoenix:

It appears your brother relied solely on the company's sponsorship without fully demonstrating his own personal circumstances. These people expect an applicant to have a level of despite the sponsorship. You may wish to reapply asap and give more information about his personal circumstances i.e. finance/economic ties (his own bank statement(s), payslips etc) and social ties (marriage, property etc). A letter of introduction is also not out of place even if he's a Director. The letter should state the purpose of the visit as well as how much the company is willing to expend for the purpose. This should tally with the information supplied in the application on sponsorship and stuff.

It also seems he either did not submit an itinerary or the one submitted isn't explanatory or convincing. Apparently, a 10day visit for just a meeting seems farfetched to them, you know the way they reason sometimes, I don't want to call them silly, but yeah, they expect you to just attend your meeting and fly out 2 hours later. Smh!

Thank you once more. My ticket is in a few hours, but it'll go to waste because of his absence. last 2 weeks I changed it with 109k. Too expensive.

Is it OK to state that after meeting we will spend a couple of days moving around or simply stick to the meeting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.