Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529900 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2017
sunvick:

Please guys a need help to understand this situation.

How come a mothers visa was granted and received but that of the 1yr old daughter has not been returned. It even showing "Decision not Made" on TLS website.

That is normal, they don't always treat joint application at the same time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello house,

I am applying for a visit visa for my mum. I want to schedule the appointment time but it keeps bringing out prime time appointment which will cost extra £89 and I don't want it. How can I book ordinary appointment pls?

Select another center for the appointment, in Lagos i understand that one centre is free for appointment while the other attracts some fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Ikeja is free while VI attract extra charges. I wanted to choose Ikeja but keeps prompting me to choose Prime Time appointment which will cost extra $115. I just want normal appointment

justwise:

Select another center for the appointment, in Lagos i understand that one centre is free for appointment while the other attracts some fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
jelmusboy:
Ikeja is free while VI attract extra charges. I wanted to choose Ikeja but keeps prompting me to choose Prime Time appointment which will cost extra $115. I just want normal appointment

Try a later date, it's possible it's only prime time appointment available on the date you pick. Slot fill up fast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
@justwise:

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 4 visa expiring in January 2019. Same goes for my dependants. I have now gotten a job and intend to switch to a Tier 2 visa. However, I am not able to apply for my dependants at the same time as myself, and am wondering what the grace period is for my dependants to switch to Tier 2 dependant visas, in order for them not to become illegal.

In other words, can I switch to tier 2 now and switch my dependants at a later date e.g. a month or so before their current visa expires.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
xxmxx:
@justwise:

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 4 visa expiring in January 2019. Same goes for my dependants. I have now gotten a job and intend to switch to a Tier 2 visa. However, I am not able to apply for my dependants at the same time as myself, and am wondering what the grace period is for my dependants to switch to Tier 2 dependant visas, in order for them not to become illegal.

In other words, can I switch to tier 2 now and switch my dependants at a later date e.g. a month or so before their current visa expires.

Many thanks

Definitely you can do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
justwise:

Definitely you can do that

Thank you for the response.

However, do you have a documentary evidence for this you could signpost me to? I couldn't find any information explicitly (or implicitly) stating this. It would be great if you could assist with this. I wouldn't want to travel out after switching to Tier 2 and my dependants be refused entry because of this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
xxmxx:

Thank you for the response.

However, do you have a documentary evidence for this you could signpost me to? I couldn't find any information explicitly (or implicitly) stating this. It would be great if you could assist with this. I wouldn't want to travel out after switching to Tier 2 and my dependants be refused entry because of this.

In this link read from: Dependants applying in the UK on their own https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

..and in this one https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf

read from Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant

Though the link has info about the whole process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
justwise:

In this link read from: Dependants applying in the UK on their own https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

..and in this one https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf

read from Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant

Though the link has info about the whole process

Thank you for this. It is much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ladecency: 1:04am On Dec 25, 2017
pls am Councillor in newly created local council development area in Ogun state, our salary is 179000 after paye,am married with three kids,i wanted to apply for uk visiting visa on virgin passport what are criteria, and our local council can not sponsor because we are not financial buoyant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davehasmadeit(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
you will have to follow the normal procedure for visa application, there is no exception to that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
You should apply using a diplomatic passport naaa ....shei all government/politicians are entitled to one undecided

Ladecency:
pls am Councillor in newly created local council development area in Ogun state, our salary is 179000 after paye,am married with three kids,i wanted to apply for uk visiting visa on virgin passport what are criteria, and our local council can not sponsor because we are not financial buoyant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 12:23am On Dec 27, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed Help guys,...I submitted my application since Nov 31, got an email from UKVI that my application has been received and under going decision blah blah

It has been more than 15working days and no mail from UKVI or TLS after the first email confirming that my application has been received
it is possible that my application could have been sent back but TLS failed to let me know by sending an email, is it also possible that the embassy doesn't send an email when a decision has been made.

i am just worried that my application is taking longer than expected

I earn 500k monthly as a business owner, i didn't add my savings account statement to my application, what are my chances with just my company account...

how much would you consider to be money lodgement considering the fact that there has been a constant inflow and outflow of money in this account and one time payment of 2m was paid in by me via transfer with 18m as turnover within 6months...

would it be wise to visit TLC to check if my passport has been returned since it is over 15working days alread.

@ all the Gurus in the house, help a brother pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gold2017: 12:53am On Dec 27, 2017
Guys please I need clarification on something that has been bothering me. Please for those already in UK schools. Was there any point were you were asked to present your O level certificate ( Waec) during screening. The date of birth on my Waec is different from the dob on my university transcript. Is there a way I can change it ? Please your comments are very much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
My thought here ....Why not calm down, get your brothers to be transfering monies to you through your company account as payment for services your company rendered to them, then on a monthly basis, transfer to your savings account a specified sum of money from your company account to reflect your salary.

Ensure no one transfers money to your savings account apart from your 'salary' from your company account. That way the VO will see you have a company running and also steady income as salary from the company.

Note that you cannot use company bank statement as proof of income because they will question why you will be using company funds for your travels when the company is not sponsoring you.

mojisolani:
Can my brothers call for judicial review? And pls why is it that I don't have right to appeal when is family visit?my goods are cash in hand but I issued them receipts and I also pay to the bank at the end of the day. Both brothers in the UK have been crediting my personal account over 5yrs ago and my company account shows money transfer to my saving account montly so what other income are they talking about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
Depending when you were born though, do you have a British birth certificate? I want to believe that you're qualified by birth undecided

Jenniferinokoba:
JUSTWISE pls my mum said she went to UK with a work visa when she gave birth to me i don't know if that makes a difference
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sammiejokes(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2017
Dear House,

I had a successful tier 2 administrative review with my wife and i was sent a mail in November 13 to submit our passports for visa stamp which i did on Nov 14, it has been over 6 weeks now we are yet to get a response on the where exactly is our passport. please can anyone in the house advice on what to do. I have spent emailing and calls, all the call agent say is issue has been escalated and sent to relevant department but yet no response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2017
Gold2017:
Guys please I need clarification on something that has been bothering me. Please for those already in UK schools. Was there any point were you were asked to present your O level certificate ( Waec) during screening. The date of birth on my Waec is different from the dob on my university transcript. Is there a way I can change it ? Please your comments are very much appreciated.

Go to the high Court and make an avidavid on ur correct age
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Youngpablo180:
embarassed embarassed embarassed Help guys,...I submitted my application since Nov 31, got an email from UKVI that my application has been received and under going decision blah blah

It has been more than 15working days and no mail from UKVI or TLS after the first email confirming that my application has been received
it is possible that my application could have been sent back but TLS failed to let me know by sending an email, is it also possible that the embassy doesn't send an email when a decision has been made.

i am just worried that my application is taking longer than expected

I earn 500k monthly as a business owner, i didn't add my savings account statement to my application, what are my chances with just my company account...

how much would you consider to be money lodgement considering the fact that there has been a constant inflow and outflow of money in this account and one time payment of 2m was paid in by me via transfer with 18m as turnover within 6months...

would it be wise to visit TLC to check if my passport has been returned since it is over 15working days alread.

@ all the Gurus in the house, help a brother pls

Go to tsl website and track your application...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2017
Ladecency:

Go to gov.uk u will see all the documents u need.. so far u have money in your bank account.. you are good to go.. but be careful when filling the form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2017
@justwise

I have been assigned a certificate of sponsorship from my sponsor and want to apply for my Tier 2 visa. The issue is, the job start date on my CoS is 2nd January 2018 but I don't think it would be possible for me to apply before this date. The CoS will expire in March.
Can I apply after the stated start date if it is still before the expiry date of my CoS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=Oghoghobrown post=63438288]Hello everybody,
Complement of the season, please I really need your help and I’m going to be 100% honest here. I’m trying to get my brother out of Nigeria so I want to apply for a Uk visia for him. Well I live in the state so I can sponsor him with my account please which visa class will be acceptable for me to apply for him and sponsor him 100% Tourist visia, Conference visa or what? please advice me, and also the process involved. [/quote
I student visa will b okay for him... within 2years..he shuld find his way

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mystiqueefua(f): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
Good morning house, please I need advice on visa application. I want to submit an application for my mum to come to the UK as I am due to give birth soon. She has been to the UK once before and did not over stay.

In addition to the bank statements from my dad and an invitation letter from my husband and I, what other documents should I include in the application?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Mystiqueefua:
Good morning house, please I need advice on visa application. I want to submit an application for my mum to come to the UK as I am due to give birth soon. She has been to the UK once before and did not over stay.

In addition to the bank statements from my dad and an invitation letter from my husband and I, what other documents should I include in the application?

Thank you.
U need ur birth certificate. Showing she gav birth to u . ur mum status..her work place....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
xxmxx:
@justwise

I have been assigned a certificate of sponsorship from my sponsor and want to apply for my Tier 2 visa. The issue is, the job start date on my CoS is 2nd January 2018 but I don't think it would be possible for me to apply before this date. The CoS will expire in March.
Can I apply after the stated start date if it is still before the expiry date of my CoS?

Firstly, you should have prepared to apply even befor your Cos is released. Even if you apply now I assure you you won’t get Visa because of the public holidays in between. Nevertheless, Let your employer know you are unable to apply before your resumption date. You may go ahead to apply for your visa thereafter. It is important the Cos is not expired before you apply. This is my advise may be the gurus in the house will also advise further.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello everyone. Justwise and other well informed people on this forum.

I'm a married mother of two young children (ages 2yrs and 8 months old) and I'm planning to take a trip to the UK for an exam early next year.

This exam is very important for my career progression and I've been planning for it for about 2 yrs now.

My husband earns about 250k per month while I earn 140k per month after tax... Though this varies monthly cos some months I earn more due to bonuses and leave allowance... Bringing my take home to about 200k per month during these periods . This is perfectly explained on my account statement and salary slips.

I work in a private company.

I plan to sponsor myself for the trip. So my hubby and I agreed that he will see to 90% the bills in the family while I save most of my salary. I've consistently done this for 2 yrs now.

I've managed to save about N2m now from my salary.

I save at least 80k per month. The months I receive bonuses I save over a 100k.

My spending is at least 40k per month. Some months I spend about 70k.

My monthly spending is basically on Monroe personal expenses like transport, airtime etc

I usually spend about 10k monthly on groceries/minor things just to assist my hubby though he gives me about 70k in cash for monthly house expenses.

My question:

1) when filling the online form. When asked for my living expenses... How much do I put? Cos some months I spend 40k ...other months I can spend as much as 70k depending on my take home.

2) financial dependents: although my hubby is the main bread earner. I still contribute a token towards my children's well being. Eg buying baby formula, diapers etc. Costing about 10-15k per month.
I'm confused as whether to add my 2 children as financial dependents.

Pls advice. I'll ask more questions as I proceed with the application.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
Yes you can. Start date on my CoS was 15 days before I even applied for the entry visa and it was approved. Although I also included​ a note addressing this in the additional information section of my application form.

xxmxx:
@justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
Compliments guys...just to inform you guys I got my 5 years UK visit visa..thanks for all the info I got here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Inkredible(m): 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
yolemum:
Compliments guys...just to inform you guys I got my 5 years UK visit visa..thanks for all the info I got here.

When did you submit?
When did you got issued the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2017
Congrats bro. Pop the champagne

yolemum:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2017
MamaGiovanni:
Hello everyone. Justwise and other well informed people on this forum.

I'm a married mother of two young children (ages 2yrs and 8 months old) and I'm planning to take a trip to the UK for an exam early next year.

This exam is very important for my career progression and I've been planning for it for about 2 yrs now.

My husband earns about 250k per month while I earn 140k per month after tax... Though this varies monthly cos some months I earn more due to bonuses and leave allowance... Bringing my take home to about 200k per month during these periods . This is perfectly explained on my account statement and salary slips.

I work in a private company.

I plan to sponsor myself for the trip. So my hubby and I agreed that he will see to 90% the bills in the family while I save most of my salary. I've consistently done this for 2 yrs now.

I've managed to save about N2m now from my salary.

I save at least 80k per month. The months I receive bonuses I save over a 100k.

My spending is at least 40k per month. Some months I spend about 70k.

My monthly spending is basically on Monroe personal expenses like transport, airtime etc

I usually spend about 10k monthly on groceries/minor things just to assist my hubby though he gives me about 70k in cash for monthly house expenses.

My question:

1) when filling the online form. When asked for my living expenses... How much do I put? Cos some months I spend 40k ...other months I can spend as much as 70k depending on my take home.

2) financial dependents: although my hubby is the main bread earner. I still contribute a token towards my children's well being. Eg buying baby formula, diapers etc. Costing about 10-15k per month.
I'm confused as whether to add my 2 children as financial dependents.

Pls advice. I'll ask more questions as I proceed with the application.

Thank you very much.

1. Your family financial situation is good so state the living expenses as it's, nothing to worry or confused about here.

2. Even if you are going to be denied a visa never exclude your children's name in your visa application for any reason.

Your children are your financial dependents and should be added.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.