Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1551873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2018
Please my ogas, I’m going for an academic conference which of the visa category will I pick? Pls help.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 4:42pm On May 02, 2018
You could withdraw your application and your passport should be given to you within 3 working days (which is what I did last year when I needed my passport) however that would also mean the money spent for the application is gone. It's up to you what decision to make at this point in time. I know how frustrating thus can feel. Hopefully, they make a decision today on ur application
eskinol:
Hello Guys,

I need advise on what to do concerning my visa application. I applied since 7th of March, missed my training because no decision has been made, escalated the issue 3times, called uk visa centre twice, visited the embassy in lagos and they are all saying that uk hasn't made a decision. Now i have an exam on tuesday and i have to use my passport orelse i will lose my money plus time. I want recall my passport. Is this advisable and wat are the odds. Please i need urgent response.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gg4real: 4:44pm On May 02, 2018
Hello gurus in the house!

My lil aister's application was refused recently on the ground that they couldn't reach the UK sponsor's on phone. Now she submitted for the second attempt ansnwe were optimistic they'd call but this time they never called and her application is ready for collection. Pls could this mean a refusal since they didn't call the sponsor this time.

Timeline:
Application received at Sheffield April 21
Application ready for collection email May 02
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:43pm On May 02, 2018
obaxlove:
Please my ogas, I’m going for an academic conference which of the visa category will I pick? Pls help.

Select either Tourism or Business!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:44pm On May 02, 2018
gg4real:
Hello gurus in the house!

My lil aister's application was refused recently on the ground that they couldn't reach the UK sponsor's on phone. Now she submitted for the second attempt ansnwe were optimistic they'd call but this time they never called and her application is ready for collection. Pls could this mean a refusal since they didn't call the sponsor this time.

Timeline:
Application received at Sheffield April 21
Application ready for collection email May 02

No idea. Just go collect the passport and let’s know the outcome. Hope it will be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MsBeloxxi(f): 6:18pm On May 02, 2018
Hello All,

First would like to commend y’all contributing to the continual existence of this platform.

Hubby and I would like to invite my mom from Nigeria to the UK over for visiting sometime in September as i would be having a baby by then.

Please i need to know what documents we would be needing for this process.

NOTE THAT: Hubby is going to sponsor her.

All responses would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dalutin: 6:02am On May 03, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house, How can someone do a hostel reservation booking, since it's more economical than hotel reservation....Pls send the website of any good hostel accommodation. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:22am On May 03, 2018
dalutin:
Hello Gurus in the house, How can someone do a hostel reservation booking, since it's more economical than hotel reservation....Pls send the website of any good hostel accommodation. Thank you

use booking.com under the filter u will see hotel, hostel, & guest house. choose hostel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 6:36am On May 03, 2018
Hello House, please I have $100 in my dollar master card. If there is anyone here in need of dollars I can help you make you payment at better rate pls. I urgently need naira.
Send PM pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:23am On May 03, 2018
obaxlove:

Hello House, please I have $100 in my dollar master card. If there is anyone here in need of dollars I can help you make you payment at better rate pls. I urgently need naira.
Send PM pls.

I paid 138 dollars with my dollar card for the 6months visa not $100 ooo...

and if you need ur money so urgently you can withdraw at your bank now, but you would be paid in dollars after which you can change it instantly there.....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giftwalter: 11:54am On May 03, 2018
hello house,
Is there an age limit for education sponsorship? can someone who's 29 be sponsored to do masters?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luchee(f): 2:05pm On May 03, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luchee(f): 2:05pm On May 03, 2018
Good afternoon house. Please, who has an idea of the current naira value of the UK 6-months standard visitor visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by almaj: 2:38pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=obaxlove post=67219288]Please my ogas, I’m going for an academic conference which of the visa category will I pick? Pls help. [/quo

Pick tourism and explain.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:54pm On May 03, 2018
luchee:
Good afternoon house. Please, who has an idea of the current naira value of the UK 6-months standard visitor visa?

$138=N49,500
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luchee(f): 3:00pm On May 03, 2018
alert20:

$138=N49,500

Thanks.
Please, does this include teleperformance charges? Where did you submit? Ikeja or V.I?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dalutin: 6:51pm On May 03, 2018
alert20:

use booking.com under the filter u will see hotel, hostel, & guest house. choose hostel.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gokecont(m): 7:28pm On May 03, 2018
hello guys am I abuja right now and I have authenticate my PRI and sec from ministry of edu, but don't the doc to authenticate from foreign affairs?
is it all the documents the I want to present in the embassy I will authenticate ?/pls I need someone direct me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 03, 2018
alert20:

$138=N49,500
It depends on where you submit o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:49pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=luchee post=67247894]
Thanks.
Please, does this include teleperformance charges? Where did you submit? Ikeja or V.I?

Ikeja... you don't pay teleperformance charges at ikeja vac...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:54pm On May 03, 2018
chloe00:
It depends on where you submit o
yes I know, I only gave the visa fee equivalent in naira to the OP.
ehen Chloe what amount of money can be classified as lump sum..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MsBeloxxi(f): 2:42am On May 04, 2018
Hello All,

First would like to commend y’all contributing to the continual existence of this platform.

Hubby and I would like to invite my mom from Nigeria to the UK over for visiting sometime in September as i would be having a baby by then.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 8:30am On May 04, 2018
MsBeloxxi:
Hello All,

Both your data pages and visa/TR/PR
Council Papers
Payslip
Statement of account
Letter of invitation
Pictures with your mum
Your maternity papers
Your mum should put evidence of her job/biz in Nig
Also property docs if she has
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giftwalter: 10:31am On May 04, 2018
giftwalter:
hello house,
Is there an age limit for education sponsorship? can someone who's 29 be sponsored to do masters?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 04, 2018
alert20:

yes I know, I only gave the visa fee equivalent in naira to the OP.

ehen Chloe what amount of money can be classified as lump sum..
Can be even 500k , any amount that enters irregularly into your account in quick successions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=giftwalter post=67270618][/quote]
No dear there’s no limit, 29 years old can still be sponsored because my sister got sponsored by my mom at 30 years old then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 4:26pm On May 04, 2018
Is it ok to include utility bill (nepa prepaid meter reciept for a rented property) in one's visitors visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:23pm On May 04, 2018
edmasta01:
Is it ok to include utility bill (nepa prepaid meter reciept for a rented property) in one's visitors visa application?

No. Unless you are the owner of the property and you wish to use it as financial home tie.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 10:41pm On May 04, 2018
ekpotek:

No. Unless you are the owner of the property and you wish to use it as financial home tie.

Thanks very much ekpotek.

I have one more question. If the address on my bank statement is from my previous house address and is different from my current address (which i filled in the application form), do i need to state/clarify this in the additional information when filling the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:43am On May 05, 2018
edmasta01:

Thanks very much ekpotek.

I have one more question. If the address on my bank statement is from my previous house address and is different from my current address (which i filled in the application form), do i need to state/clarify this in the additional information when filling the application?

Not necessarily. People can change Home addresses and it has no impact on the visa application outcome. The important thing is that the bank statement is yours. But feel free to point it out to the ECO on additional information section.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 10:36pm On May 05, 2018
chloe00:

Can be even 500k , any amount that enters irregularly into your account in quick successions

oh OK, thanks Chloe...

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.