Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527417 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 10:21am On May 17, 2018
alert20:

OK thanks prof..
what do you suggest we do now??
should he go on Tuesday for submission even if we didn't pay the primetime appointment fee....
Read back (some 6 months ago or so, someone mentioned he walked in and paid for express service or so) or contact TLS to know the actual/current possibilities for walk-in applicants (without appointment). Ciao

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dagdag: 10:45am On May 17, 2018
customised87:

Who is going to sponsor the trip? The person needs to show evidence of funds (6 months account statement).
Your parents job letters (currents and past)
Payslips
Property documents
Photographs
Invitation letter/cards
Your visa pages etc

Regarding sponsorship, which would you recommend? Should I sponsor, or should they be the sponsors?
For the job letters, did you mean first appointment letter or this and all promotion letters?
Whose payslips, mine or their? How does my sister fit into this?
Their property documents or mine?
Their photographs?
Invitation letter from me or my university?
Which visa should they apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 11:45am On May 17, 2018
dagdag:

Regarding sponsorship, which would you recommend? Should I sponsor, or should they be the sponsors?
For the job letters, did you mean first appointment letter or this and all promotion letters?
Whose payslips, mine or their? How does my sister fit into this?
Their property documents or mine?
Their photographs?
Invitation letter from me or my university?
Which visa should they apply for?

1. It depends on who has more money among you to pay for the trip's expenses. It will be good if either or both of your parents sponsor though.
2.Yes.First appointment letter, promotion letter, retirement letter, any letter to supports their present working status.
3. Your parents' payslips and statement of account to support pension and gratutity since your dad is retired. Anything to serve as evidence of income. Your sister won't submit since she is not working,she will be sponsored by your parents
4.Parents property documents if any
5.Photographs that shows relationship with you
6. Invitation letter from you. But if your uni has any letter designed for such, that ll be good
7.6 months visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:02pm On May 17, 2018
Yes.You can pay for work-in appointment with your naira mastercard at TLS office
bigbus:

Read back (some 6 months ago or so, someone mentioned he walked in and paid for express service or so) or contact TLS to know the actual/current possibilities for walk-in applicants (without appointment). Ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 12:18pm On May 17, 2018
tom5678:

Hi, I just got the ready for collection email!
I'm so nervous right now.

Good luck! Just hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 12:42pm On May 17, 2018
bigbus:

alright thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilewitprof: 12:50pm On May 17, 2018
Greetings all! I am student of one of the Italian Universities. I have a family friend who is a UK citizen, who intends to invite me over to the UK to spend my summer vacation with her family (in August). I once invited her to Nigeria to visit my own family sometime last year. And now, she is very excited that I'm interested in visiting her and her family, and is willing to bear all the costs of my vacation, as well as provide all needed documents. But unfortunately, both of us do not know the documents she should make available to me for visa application. So she has asked that I find out all that she needs to do to be able to invite me to the UK. If anyone here has been successful with something of this kind, or has firsthand information, please let such a person furnish me with detailed information on what we need to do and what the requirements are from both sides.

Please accept my thanks in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 5:33pm On May 17, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:

Good luck! Just hope for the best.
Hey! i've collected my passport with visa, I'm so excited and grateful to everyone who has helped in a way or another.
Goodluck to everyone still expecting theirs!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damcqute(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2018
Hello house. Please I am applying to visit the UK for an exam next month. 1st timer. Can I use a 4-month account statement of closing balance of about 600k? Note: I am also making use of a sponsor whose account statement is of 6 months and closing balance is very sufficient. My proposed total expenses can't surpassed 350k for a 3 day visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:39pm On May 17, 2018
tom5678:
Hey! i've collected my passport with visa, I'm so excited and grateful to everyone who has helped in a way or another.

congrats at least u can relax now...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:42pm On May 17, 2018
damcqute:
Hello house. Please I am applying to visit the UK for an exam next month. 1st timer. Can I use a 4-month account statement of closing balance of about 600k? Note: I am also making use of a sponsor whose account statement is of 6 months and closing balance is very sufficient. My proposed total expenses can't surpassed 350k for a 3 day visit.

1. it's not adviceable to use 4months statement of account.
2. how old are you??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 7:59pm On May 17, 2018
tom5678:

Congrats. Is this your first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:15pm On May 17, 2018
tom5678:
Congrats...what are the documents you submitted, are you are a first timer and is it a virgin passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 10:21pm On May 17, 2018
kprake9:

Congrats. Is this your first application?
Yes it's my first application. Tier 2 dependent visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 10:22pm On May 17, 2018
alert20:

congrats at least u can relax now...
Thanks, yh right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alexdell1234: 6:25am On May 18, 2018
hi guyz,

my uk vistor application is over 23 working days, i have contacted the ukvi with no positive response..any advice?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:40am On May 18, 2018
alexdell1234:
hi guyz,

my uk vistor application is over 23 working days, i have contacted the ukvi with no positive response..any advice?

thanks

have u sent a mail to ukvi??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:41am On May 18, 2018
tom5678:
Thanks, yh right.

uwc, enjoy ur stay in the UK....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2018
I love this forum and I have been glued to it.

Please gurus in the house, I need urgent answers, I'm an intending UK visitors visa applicant. I'm going over there to see my friend for 2 weeks. I'm going to stay with him throughout and He's ready to send me all the necessary documents needed for the application.
I on my part, I'm teacher in a private school where I have been working for up to a year now. I get paid 100k monthly. I'm single, no kids, no tangible properties of my own. The school is gonna give a month leave.

Please, I need to know what I need to do, the documents I need, how much I need in my account statement and how much I should budget for the trip.

Please, help me.

@justwise
@epotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bibsy: 12:10pm On May 18, 2018
Hello guys, so I applied for UK visiting visa and paid for priority visa which I guess should take 5 working days, it is a lil over 8 working days now, I tracked my application online but it says with the ukvi for decision ever since the day I submitted, please how do I go about tracking by email? Please help, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by glam12: 2:10pm On May 18, 2018
Hello house,

Good day every one!

I intend to apply to a UK Visa, I HAVE BEEN REFUSED UK VISA IN 2014
So i want to be on spot with this application.

But i have a situation i believe your experienced advise will help clarify

I want to travel to the UK in July for two reasons:
1.) A training that will be sponsored by my office (holding in bristol, UK)
2.) My brothers university graduation ceremony (holding in London, UK)

For no 1.) I would have the following documents to support my application:

-Letter of admission
-Invoice
-Letter of introduction from office stating sole sponsorship or the trip
-Employment letter
-Contract Agreement
-Payslip

For no 2.) I would have the following documents to support my application:

-Invitation letter from the university
-British passport data page
-Cover Letter from my brother sating he would be responsible for feeding and accomodation
-Bank Statement (proof of address and income)

I am married (Marriage certificate will be attached), but my husband does not intend to apply with me
earn a considerable income monthly (payslip),
I have travel history to only china and dubai (will attach photocopy of expired visa page)
I have been refused canada (twice), US (once), UK (once)

Please my Questions are :
1.) What class of visa should i apply for?
2.)Which of the reasons above is most appropriate to state as my reason of travel?
or do i state both plus supporting documents?
3.)What other documents or information should be added or removed to increase my chances of being granted visa?
4.)Also, i am yet to do a change of name since i am married, does it affect anytin?
5.)I will be attaching bank statement of about 800k balance, is it sufficient?
6.)what duration of visa should i apply for? cos I would be willing and able to afford application fee for as much as two years
7.)Also, i remember that in my uk visa application in 2014 i did not state that i had a brother or relative there (the agent advised me not to as he was not a citizen then), will this affect anything? or how do i address this in this application?

Any kind useful advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

@justwise
@pataki
@all the guru's in the house
Please help me o
I am currently feeling frustrated with being refused visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mumyjand: 3:37pm On May 18, 2018
Hello everyone good day please can I submit my business account statement for tourists visa application and I do receive lump some of money in the account from business transactions from my buyers hope I won’t have issue with it please it really urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 5:10pm On May 18, 2018
Mumyjand:
Hello everyone good day please can I submit my business account statement for tourists visa application and I do receive lump some of money in the account from business transactions from my buyers hope I won’t have issue with it please it really urgent
It depends on why you want to submit a business account. If it is a business trip, it should be fine. In addition to the printed statement, it is good you get a reference letter from the bank that shows you are the sole signatory to the bank account. If you are not the sole signatory, you may want to support your application with a Board Resolution, showing that you can use the funds for the intended trip.
If you want to use it only to show how your business is doing, then, include proof that the business is yours (CAC documents).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mumyjand: 5:56pm On May 18, 2018
Thank you for your reply am
Into fashion my main purpose is to travel and buy goods in my shop which option is best for me business or tourist and I have more savings in my business account more reason why am using business account please advice is needed here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 9:54pm On May 18, 2018
Hello good evening everyone.

Please can anyone answer these questions for me.

I applied for a visit visa using gov.uk but my Mum used visa4uk for her application, hope it doesn't change anything.

Plus
On my application form, it was stated that my issuing office is Abuja, while my appointment is scheduled to be in Lagos.

What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 3:55am On May 19, 2018
Good morning Pals.
I came to uk on 2yrs tier 4 visa 2014. I switched over to EU spouse family member year 2016 with uk residence issued March 2016. Just want to know if i can apply for uk Permanent Ressidence card by Jan 2019 because i will be 5yrs in uk by then though my uk residence permit is still valud till March 2021. My wife will be 5yrs in uk by October and think of applying both for the uk Permanent residence.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 4:01am On May 19, 2018
smilewitprof:
Greetings all! I am student of one of the Italian Universities. I have a family friend who is a UK citizen, who intends to invite me over to the UK to spend my summer vacation with her family (in August). I once invited her to Nigeria to visit my own family sometime last year. And now, she is very excited that I'm interested in visiting her and her family, and is willing to bear all the costs of my vacation, as well as provide all needed documents. But unfortunately, both of us do not know the documents she should make available to me for visa application. So she has asked that I find out all that she needs to do to be able to invite me to the UK. If anyone here has been successful with something of this kind, or has firsthand information, please let such a person furnish me with detailed information on what we need to do and what the requirements are from both sides.

Please accept my thanks in advance!

Ask her to send an invitation letter by post with your own passport details in it. She have to attach her passport photocopy, at least 2proof of address *payslip and any other proof. She should mention it that she will accpmodate ypu and bear your transport and feeding expenses.she must signed the invitation letter and she can include her mobile details incase if they needs to contact her

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 1983sep: 10:10am On May 19, 2018
Hello gurus in d house pls I got my message late yesterday to come for collection can I go today Saturday?

Please I need urgent help reply to know if I can
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngee34: 11:22am On May 19, 2018
Good Morning everyone.

I am a Unilag student, and I am currently on a long break(6 months, due to IT), I plan on visiting the Uk during this break.

I have a brother who is studying in Uk, and he plans on inviting me over, now my question is, Please what are the documents to be submitted and what are the things my brother and myself need to get ready, it's our first time, so we are very new to this.

Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.