Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,637 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536353 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
Hello Sir,
Please kindly give your advice on my situation.

I did my biometric on 23rd April at Ikeja British embassy.

Till now they have not sent me an email for pick up and it's now 2month plus

But last week Wednesday 20th of June, They sent me an email CUSTOMER SURVEY UK Visa Immigration .
My surprise I can't understand because this message is sent to people have collected the passport??

Please advice me or maybe my passport is ready for pick up.

I appreciate your advice.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Phenmeson:

Budget of £2500 is OK for 2applicants.
Traveling by Train/Buses will cost you at most £200 per passenger for your 2weeks stay.
Some hostels close to Marble Arch /Euston in London do charge about £200 per week with Breakfast & Dinner inclusive. You can do your shoppings in some cheap stores in Oxford Street but don't do mistake to enter Selfridges
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dhavel: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2018
ekpotek:

Year of birth in the UK?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2018
Aquaman84:
Thanks justwise, I'm so excited! not going to England but visiting my girlfriend. I don't know you personally but I feel you had a big role in helping me get my visa, including ekpotek and vicjustice. I'm gonna propose to her at her family home, and hopefully she says yes lol. This is someone I've been with over a year through thick and thin she's been there, just know you didn't just assist with my visa but you assisted in making me the happiest man in the world. Nairalanders may all your dreams come true. Amen

I’m glad it works out for you and you have more time to build your immigration profile so don’t ruin this one.

All the very best and I hope she is the right one for you and you get a YES.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by doncorleone(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2018
Please I need your advice. A decision has not been made till now - 3 months after submission. I want to request for the passport. Will I be given a refund?
folmus:

"This depends on the category of visa application, but UK Visas and Immigration aims to return 90% of non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days. UK Visas and Immigration cannot guarantee the outcome or the length of time an application takes to process; neither can it guarantee the return of passport and documents within a certain timeframe. This is due to the fact that visa applications are assessed individually and individual circumstances can mean processing times may vary and result in longer decision times. Therefore you are requested to wait until a decision on the application is taken since VFS Global does not have any control over the processing times. The processing time for a settlement application is 95% within 12 weeks."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2018
doncorleone:
Please I need your advice. A decision has not been made till now - 3 months after submission. I want to request for the passport. Will I be given a refund?

I will advise you call them. With that, you know the status of your passport and application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
dhavel:

Sorry you are not eligible for British Citizenship by birth, unless one of your parent was a British Citizen at the time of your birth. If you were born before 1st January 1983, you are a British Citizen by birth regardless of the nationality of your parent.

Next question. How long where you living in the UK before returning back to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
health100:
Hello Sir,
Please kindly give your advice on my situation.

I did my biometric on 23rd April at Ikeja British embassy.

Till now they have not sent me an email for pick up and it's now 2month plus

But last week Wednesday 20th of June, They sent me an email CUSTOMER SURVEY UK Visa Immigration .
My surprise I can't understand because this message is sent to people have collected the passport??

Please advice me or maybe my passport is ready for pick up.

I appreciate your advice.

Thank you

We both have similar case.. I did my biometrics on the 10th of May and I got an email for survey and till this moment I have not received any email for pick up.

I went to their office at Ikeja 2 weeks ago, I have called UKVI 3 times already and I went to TLS Ikeja today still my passport is not there. I called UKVI again to update them of my situation and they said they are going to expedite my case and get back to me but it's going to take approximately another 15 working days. I really don't know what is happening.. cos o was told dat the passports are sent to Sheffield and I was informed dat a decision has been made on my application since the beginning of this month being June... so we just relax, trust God dat everything is going to be fine and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlessPJ: 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
Good people in the house please I need your kind assistance. Am a federal government worker with a salary of 138,000, and run some other personal business not with a registered company name I want to know the documents required for UK Visitor visa or Tourist. Am 8 years in the job, am married with a kid, I have the following documents:-
Appointment Letter
Letter of introduction from my office
Closing balance of 1.7m
Letters of promotion
Landed properties documents
My building plan
Annual Leave letter from my office
Health insurance
Payslips for six months
Invitation letter ( not certain)
Hotel Booking reservation
Flight booking reservation
Marriage Certificate.
Please kindly educate me if there is any other document needed to add up for the application and if not with all this document what is the percentage that my application will be granted please.
I need your kind response.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
Is health insurance compulsory for uk visit standard visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
opomulero:

Baba, you suppose don submit your application o. cheesy cheesy Its not needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bratva: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
My kid sister (age 16) was refused a visit visa, i have attached the refusal letter, please advise on the best option available.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lakesyd5: 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
Quick question please...
Can I apply for British roa online using visa4uk caus someone told me I will have to get somebody to help me apply from the UK then submit in Nigeria... I want to know how true this information is....
I await your kind response@ekpotek nd other gurus...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:
Good morning my people , Please i want to know if 900k would fly for UK tourust Visa1, Salary 180k monthly.. However, considering a budget of 1400GBP for the the trip. Kindly advise. No other funds enters the account other than the Salary and has been saving part of the monthly salary purposely becos of this trip. Although gonna be leaving Niger in august but

waiting for ur response mh people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
Bratva:
My kid sister (age 16) was refused a visit visa, i have attached the refusal letter, please advise on the best option available.

Can you list the documents you submitted?

~as @Ekpotek will ask....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
opomulero:
No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
doncorleone:
No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dhavel: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry you are not eligible for British Citizenship by birth, unless one of your parent was a British Citizen at the time of your birth. If you were born before 1st January 1983, you are a British Citizen by birth regardless of the nationality of your parent.

Next question. How long where you living in the UK before returning back to Nigeria?

Yeah I know..

I was 4years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bratva: 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
Paid Hotel reservation in my name ( for 2)
Copies of my previous visas ( 3 expired 6 months and a valid 2 years)
Copy of my valid US visa
My bank statement (salary account with a balance of 4.2m, I earn 249k net)
Cover Letter
Her birth certificate ( National Population Commission)
Mum's passport data page , affidavits of consent.(dad is late)
A letter from her school
Her school fees receipts for this session (3 terms).
4 pictures.

I can't tell why the affidavits of consent and birth certificate weren't seen.

bigbus:

Can you list the documents you submitted?

~as @Ekpotek will ask....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:50am On Jun 28, 2018
Bratva:
Paid Hotel reservation in my name ( for 2)
Copies of my previous visas ( 3 expired 6 months and a valid 2 years)
Copy of my valid US visa
My bank statement (salary account with a balance of 4.2m, I earn 249k net)
Cover Letter
Her birth certificate ( National Population Commission)
Mum's passport data page , affidavits of consent.(dad is late)
A letter from her school
Her school fees receipts for this session (3 terms).
4 pictures.

I can't tell why the affidavits of consent and birth certificate weren't seen.

Sorry for the refusal of your kid sister. Can you verified that indeed her birth certificate and consent letter was uploaded by TLC? Anyway you can re apply and ensure that these documents are clearly brought to the attention of the ECO in a cover letter. In addition you need to outline to welfare and care plan you have put in place for your kid sister during her stay with you in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2018
dhavel:

Yeah I know..

I was 4years old.

Unfortunately I think your are require to live up to 7 years from birth before you can claim BC. Anyway go through this thread, there are loads of information and advice on visitor visa application. Being born in the UK will not conferred any advantage. You need to proof sufficient Home ties to Nigeria like everyone else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2018
Lakesyd5:
Quick question please...
Can I apply for British roa online using visa4uk caus someone told me I will have to get somebody to help me apply from the UK then submit in Nigeria... I want to know how true this information is....
I await your kind response@ekpotek nd other gurus...

Is the ROA application for yourself or for your mother?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bratva: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Good morning ekpotek, I can't tell if TLS failed to upload the documents or its an oversight on the part of the ECO, pls guide me on how to outline the bolded.

ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal of your kid sister. Can you verified that indeed her birth certificate and consent letter was uploaded by TLC? Anyway you can re apply and ensure that these documents are clearly brought to the attention of the ECO in a cover letter. In addition you need to outline to welfare and care plan you have put in place for your kid sister during her stay with you in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2018
Jaydee11:
Good morning my gurus in the house. Please, I want to ask a question about my son's visa application to the UK. We his parents are presently in the UK for the past 3months on a tier 2 visa and we did not apply for him then because we don't want to just pull him out of school. Now we want to apply for him but I have a question which I need you to help me out with.
£630 was kept in my husband's account since March for the 90days rule but he withdrew an overdraft from the account and the money went into minus. He has collected salaries and the account is okay now. Please, will the minus sign affect the 90days rule by leading to a refusal? We want to apply for him this June and we don't want this to lead to refusal.

My gurus in d house, Mr Just wise, Mr Ekpotek please I need a response on my son's visa application. We are still trying to figure out how to go about this. Please help, please...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dhavel: 8:16am On Jun 28, 2018
ekpotek:

Unfortunately I think your are require to live up to 7 years from birth before you can claim BC. Anyway go through this thread, there are loads of information and advice on visitor visa application. Being born in the UK will not conferred any advantage. You need to proof sufficient Home ties to Nigeria like everyone else.

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lakesyd5: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lakesyd5: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2018
ekpotek:

Is the ROA application for yourself or for your mother?
It's for my mum she chose to go for ROA...is it possible to apply from Nigeria...?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2018
Bratva:
Good morning ekpotek, I can't tell if TLS failed to upload the documents or its an oversight on the part of the ECO, pls guide me on how to outline the bolded.

There is always a checklist by TLS where the documents uploaded are ticked or listed. Applicant are require to scrutinize this checklist and sign as evidence of acceptance before leaving for biometric capture.

If you will provide a paid carer to look after your kid sister while in the UK, then provide the document. If not, inform the ECO that you will be the carer and that your kid sister will not be left on her own throughout the visit. This can be done by outlining in details what your sister and you hope to do for each day of the 8 days to be spent in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2018
Jaydee11:

My gurus in d house, Mr Just wise, Mr Ekpotek please I need a response on my son's visa application. We are still trying to figure out how to go about this. Please help, please...

I don’t think your minus balance or whatever will be an issue here. You have every right for your kid to join you in the UK on a dependant Tier 2 visa. The only requirement is that your kid name was listed in your tier 2 application and you have proof of parentage. The question is will the kid fly unaccompanied to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2018
Lakesyd5:

It's for my mum she chose to go for ROA...is it possible to apply from Nigeria...?

Sure you can apply from Nigeria. Use the visa4uk.gov website. However, I will not recommend this route. Many in your mother position have successfully gotten their British passport though painstaking and doughtiness. At the end the waiting is worth the effort. Your mother has all the require documents to apply directly for her British passport and not Right of Abroad. Take note that if approved, your ROA validity will be same as your Nigerian passport validity and you will need to re apply again for ROA, when your Nigerian passport expires, if you do not have a British passport by then.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/638659/Guide_ROA_v1_17.08.17.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by glam12: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Hello Sir, @justwise
I apologise...
But what im actually asking for is an opinion/suggestion for my situation.
It clearly relates to the subject matter of the thread.

Kindly assist @justwise.

Thank you.

justwise:

Please lets not start this here as it will kill the purpose of this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
churockng:

We both have similar case.. I did my biometrics on the 10th of May and I got an email for survey and till this moment I have not received any email for pick up.

I went to their office at Ikeja 2 weeks ago, I have called UKVI 3 times already and I went to TLS Ikeja today still my passport is not there. I called UKVI again to update them of my situation and they said they are going to expedite my case and get back to me but it's going to take approximately another 15 working days. I really don't know what is happening.. cos o was told dat the passports are sent to Sheffield and I was informed dat a decision has been made on my application since the beginning of this month being June... so we just relax, trust God dat everything is going to be fine and hope for the best.

thank you but I want to know what's the CUSTOMER SURVEY UK Visa is all about? I need to know please customer kindly explain, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.